how-to block ads
www.verizon.net/betterway. Please be sure that your PC meets the listed minimum requirements.
• Windows 98/98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000 with Service Pack 2, or Windows XP
• Multimedia PC with 233 MHz processor (500 MHz recommended)
• 64 MB RAM (128 MB recommended)
• Up to 320 MB of free hard drive space to install -- after installation, up to 180 MB may be needed
• CD-ROM drive
• DSL modem (included in the Verizon Online Self-Install Kit or purchased separately beforehand)
• 10Base-T Ethernet Network Interface Card (NIC) or equivalent<
• 256-color VGA video adapter (Super VGA recommended) 800x600 resolution
• 28.8K or faster modem (optional for using dial-up when needed)
• Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device recommended
• 16-bit sound card and speakers
• Available USB or Ethernet port on the main computer (not on a hub or
serial connected through other devices)
Existing customers can request their free copy of MSN8 online at »www.verizon.net/betterway .
• MSN e-mail and calendar (* said to be faster than VOL Netmail)
• Shared Browsing
• Integrated Download Manager
• MSN Learning Research Plus (with Microsoft Encarta)
• MSN Finances (with MSN Money Plus)
• Advanced parental controls
• MSN Photos Plus (with Microsoft Picture IT Photo Editing Software)
• Built-in broadband firewall
• PDA and Outlook synchronization
After you install Verizon Online DSL with MSN 8, a Verizon Central icon appears on the MSN 8 navigation bar. Click this icon to go to the Verizon Central home page. To navigate directly to a specific Verizon Online service, select the Verizon Central down arrow from the navigation bar and click one of the usual Verizon Central categories:
• E-mail and More
• Help and Support
• My Account
• My Web Space
• Music Games and Video
• Latest Internet Products
• Resource Center
• More From Verizon.
VOL NetMail and MSN or Hotmail e-mail accounts (primary and sub-accounts) will have separate logins and passwords.
• Verizon Online NetMail: One NetMail primary email account and eight Verizon Online sub-accounts one of which is an alias.
• MSN or Hotmail: One MSN or Hotmail primary e-mail account and eight MSN or Hotmail sub-accounts.
The primary account is the e-mail account of the user who set up the e-mail service or subscriber. This account cannot be deleted but can have it's login and password changed. In addition, the primary user establishes your sub-accounts and configures their privilages to use Usenet. The sub-accounts, however, do not have to be used and can be deleted. One of the sub accounts is an alias account.
Since Verizon Online and MSN 8 are different services, your NetMail and MSN or Hotmail e-mail accounts (primary and sub-accounts) will have separate logins and passwords.