DSLReports has posting rules enforced site-wide
Forum specific rules:
Please read and acknowledge, any non-acknowledgment of these simple yet required rules might
incur considerable delays in response to you, or no response at all.
When posting your request for support, please try to provide the following, or as much as possible. The more detail the shorter the delay in resolving problems/concerns on your issue. It is encouraged that you post in the public thread first. Reason being is some issues the public forums can easily resolve without much intervention from us, and less possibility of waiting for a response.
For AT&T Uverse and DSL existing/established service troubles, billing problems, or unusual problems customers only need this section
For more common problems it is encouraged to research in the public forum before engaging us. This is due to the fact there are more readers that can fix common issues such as wifi problems, filtering problems, or modem configuration issues, ports or specific devices such as a Xbox, PS3 or even a magicjack. There is even forums here for those types of troubles for those devices as well as interactions. It is definitely best to take advantage of those forums as they are here to service you and everyone. Those forums are open 24/7/365 and can assist with many setup issues and application problems/issues.
• For DSL your forum is here (click)
•For Uverse Your forum is located here (click)
For prequalification and upgrades for DSL and Uverse:
• ******** VERY IMPORTANT- a lot of times a post can be passed up if no info is in there at all! *************
• The DSL account number/billing account number-BAN (uverse), or billing account number (which is likely also the billing telephone number):
• Uverse: The passcode/pin
• Uverse: Have you called in at 1-888-att-2020? If not please do this first as we are not staffed to be a 1st response.
• DSL Only (if you do not know the account number): member id used to register the account (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
• DSL Only (if you do not know the account number): secret question answer or customer code/pin
• Your name, if different from the account name or if you are the consultant for the business
• primary contact person
• primary contact number
• alternate contact number
• address of service location
• Uverse only: can be reached or VoIP(Uvoice) number
• If upgrading Only: The DSL telephone number/Uverse BAN(billing account number)
• If upgrading Only: Speed pkg you are requesting/upgrading to
• For new service (Uverse and DSL): Complete postal address for where you want service
• For DSL: Are you wanting this on a phone line (lineshare) or dry loop dsl?
note: if your location is not built yet it is best to wait till the location is built and a postal address is established.
reason being is these locations will not be in our prequal databases because the post office doesn't have them in there
yet. Engineering will typically have nothing on those locations if the post office has nothing established for them. Using
neighbor addresses can sometimes help or hurt.
•If you post and then realize that you forgot to add something after your post is in the forum,
please either edit the original post to add content or wait for us to post the additional info until a tech
replies. Most new topics get a 3 day edit window before we reply, please use that opportunity, and keep your
URL thread link (link in address bar) as it is your unique threadlink only you and the AT&T techs can read
•Please do not reply to your thread!
doing so will result in a longer response time, or the techs
missing your thread completely thinking someone else got to it. If you happen to this this please send an
IM to [user=cabana] and let her know and she can sticky it, or delete it for you so you can start another one.
• By posting in the direct forum you adhere and accept that this is not
a 24x7x365 service.
• The services of the members of this forum are voluntary
and can be terminated by the party volunteering, AT&T or
dslreports.com at any time, and for any reason. Issues in the direct thread are first come-first served basis. Typically we emphasize on trouble
reports first before pre-qualification requests and such. We try to work everything as quickly as possible however do keep in mind delays can
happen. Aging posts that are officially closed may be deleted from our databases. If you desire to keep a record of a CLOSED thread. Please
take a moment to make a screen shot or a copy paste into a private document for your records. Thank you.