Please read and acknowledge, any non-acknowledgment of these simple yet required rules might
incur considerable delays in response to you, or no response at all.
For AT&T UVERSE CUSTOMERS ONLY!
follow directions below as we will reply with a canned response otherwise!
if you have used the normal customer contact channel and feel your issue is not resolved..
When posting your request for support, please try to provide the following, or as much as possible.
The more detail the shorter the delay in resolving problems/concerns on your issue. It is encouraged
that you post in the public thread first. Reason being is some issues the public forums can easily
resolve without much intervention from us, and less possibility of waiting for a response.
For AT&T DSL trouble (Non-prequal) customers only need this section
First things first: start a troubleshooting thread in those forums select your state or local
• For the Southwestern Bell (At&t southwest) forum for states: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma
and Texas. Your forum is here (click)
•For the Ameritech (at&t midwest) region covering states: Illinois, indiana, ohio, michigan,
wisconsin. Your forum is located here (click)
•For the (SNET) AT&T Northeast Forum region covering states: Connecticut, your forum is located here (click)
•For the (bellsouth) AT&T Southeast Forum region covering states: LA, MS, AL, TN, KY, NC, SC, GA,
FL, your forum is located here (click)
•For the (Pacific bell/Pacbell) AT&T West Forum region covering states of California and Nevada,
your forum is located here (click)
• Note: reason why we have you start a thread out there is because there are techs, consultants,
and just general dsl users that help each other in those forums. In some cases posting info that might
help everyone (and lighten our load) see what the solution was. THis helps you, us, other people and
even neighbors. It's these forums above that are the shining star, and it's greatest asset when we are
working on the harder issues, or fixing larger problems, and keep people from waiting. We can't be
everywhere, and at all hours, but the public forums can, and typically deliver! Please utilize them
it's what makes what we do and offer even better!
After you have done the above, and worked with them.....
For Pre-quals and DSL upgrade requests:
• link to the above thread you started, this will help us in determining what you have tried so far
and gives us some clues as to what is going on. You will also save us a lot of time and getting to
people quicker if you start in the first section first.
• ******** VERY IMPORTANT!!! *************
The DSL telephone number/billing account number-BAN (uverse), or fake TN. (which is likely also the billing telephone number):
Note: If you do not have this number we will need the userid you registered with, this would
be an e-mail address such as like "email@example.com"
• DSL enabled number or member id that it is under with security code
• The name on the account, or business name
• Your name, if different from the account name or if you are the consultant for the business
please specify this. If we are to contact you directly please specify this as well. If you are
alternate ISP, please specify if we have permission to contact your customer or just you.
• How long have you had the service?
• Due to some time constraints and such it might be easier, and less time consuming waiting or
if we are behind, to open a trouble ticket on your behalf so you don't have to wait. By doing this
we need to have an alternate number you can be reached at? Cell? work? 2nd phone line?
• If there is a Splitter Outside or Filters at the jacks
• If upgrading, the DSL telephone number; If new service, the billing phone number or SBC telephone
number that you would like to put DSL on.
• DSL enabled number or Member ID with security code
• The complete mailing address including zip code
• If the address is a new build
• The account name
• For upgrades: Your name, if different from the account name
• If there is a Splitter Outside or Filters at the jacks
• The address, including zip code
• Speed package
• If requested on upgrades, what would be a good time of day for a test with your modem at
the phone box outside?
• Please document any 888-att-2020 contacts you have made in regards to the issue that is the problem.
• BAN (billing account number)
• Contact number
• Alternate contact number
• general description of what the issue is
Send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org
• if they do not respond or your issue has not been addressed please start a topic then
of: [still need help-uverse]
•When you post a thread in direct please edit the thread before replying to it or starting a new
one. Replying to your own thread causes it to fall off the unreplied list and makes the direct techs
"Oh someone is assisting already, I will just move to the next one!"
Thus, passing you up where they think it has been replied to, even though you have not been responded
to/request addressed. You can edit your post for up to 48 hours after you post it. Please keep a link
and edit your original post. Duplicates can be merged with the original topic at moderator discretion.
•If you post and then realize that you forgot to add something after your post is in the forum,
please either edit the original post to add content or wait to post the additional info until a tech
replies. Most new topics get a 3 day edit window before we reply, please use that opportunity!
Please do not reply to your thread; doing so will result in a longer response time, or the techs
missing your thread completely. This is due to the fact the techs will think someone has or started to
assist you already!
• By posting in the direct forum you adhere and accept that this is not
a 24x7x365 service.
The services of the members of this forum are voluntary
and can be terminated by the party volunteering, AT&T or dslreports.com at any time, and for any reason. Issues in the direct thread are first come-first served basis. Typically we emphasize on trouble reports first before pre-qualification requests and such. We try to work everything as quickly as possible however do keep in mind delays can happen. Aging posts that are officially closed may be deleted from our databases. If you desire to keep a record of a CLOSED thread. Please take a moment to make a screen shot or a copy paste into a private document for your records. Thank you.