dslreports logo
site
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
About
ProLog - open discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum by proposing it in site feedback.
page: 1 · 2 · next

cliffmarc

join:2002-02-19
Bethlehem, PA

does anyone visit this area ?

Just wondering if anyone comes into the forum and talk about Prolog related ?

aptopop

@k12.pa.us

Re: does anyone visit this area ?

no, prolog lehighton blows!!!!!

Doobie

@ptd.net

Prolog Bethlehem anyone

Is anyone else using Prolog in Bethlehem, PA? How does your speed compare?
dschmall

join:2002-01-06
Slatington, PA

Re: does anyone visit this area ?

I'm on Prolog and having an incredibly bad time here of late.

»/quality/nil/1074363

zoebisch01

join:2003-11-10
Julian, PA

Prolog in Hawley, Pa

Hi all, I have heard that Hawley, Pa is hooked up to Prolog via Blue Ridge Cable. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Prolog and who's cable are they using? Are the speeds running at the advertised 800/800 (kinda wierd)? Thanks!

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:3

Re: Prolog in Hawley, Pa

Prolog in the Sunbury area (off of Service Electric Cable) is great.

My brother has the service and the 800/190 plan.
--
"I'm headstrong I'll take on ANYONE!"

zoebisch01

join:2003-11-10
Julian, PA

Re: Prolog in Hawley, Pa

Wow, I had totally forgotten about this thread . Yeah it seems that they are doing a fairly decent job. I know someone that has recently gotten their service, but I am not sure what speeds they are running at....gonna have to direct them here...
--
Monkey, monKEY
navred

join:2005-02-12

If-else in PRolog

HI, please help me in writing function for the following in prolog:

I want to write a function in prolog for the if-else statement.
For ex,
if-instantiated( X,X) else if-instantiated (Y,Y) else if-instantiated( X^Y, concat(X,Y):-
If the attribute X is instantiated( holds some value) then write X, else if the attribute Y holds some value then write Y, else if both the attributes X and Y hold some values, then append X and Y and write them.
I know how to write the concat function. But I am unaware of writing the function for the above if-else rule. please help me.
Thanks in advance,
SUDHA.P

Hawkmtnman

join:2003-08-30
Kempton, PA

Prolog / Penn Tella Data .......Any Good.??

Hello any Prolog\Penn Tella Data subscriber in the surrounding area,

Blue Ridge Cable is running new lines down our road and will soon have cable access for me available. Currently I use satellite service that is very costly and VERY bad at that. I was wondering how their service is as of lately?? From reading all the threads here in the review section. From what I understand they have recently upgraded the system. I also have read posts to the effect of blocking certain ports and or P2P programs. Can anyone offer any information at all on this?

Thank you in advance.
baze68

join:2004-11-27
Douglassville, PA

Re: Prolog / Penn Tella Data .......Any Good.??

I have been a ProLog cable modem user in Douglassville (near Birdsboro) for about 3 months, and have been experiencing intermittent drops and outages. I have called to report the issues several times, and ProLog says they "see" and issue with the cable in my area, and then they submit a trouble ticket to my cable provider. However, I am still experiencing issues.

If I were you I would make sure that you get both your cable provider and ProLog on the same page before you sign up for service. I am still trying to get these two companies - ProLog and the cable TV provider - to cooperate with each other and get my issue fixed.

Hawkmtnman

join:2003-08-30
Kempton, PA

Re: Prolog / Penn Tella Data .......Any Good.??

O.K. .............Will Do ...Thanks for the answer.!....Have you had any issues using any P2P programs and/or port blocking issues.? Also, who is your actual cable provider.? Thanks in advance.
PoconoChuck

join:2005-05-09
Saylorsburg, PA

Prolog, StormPort, and Cisco VPN

Just got ProLog DSL, with the Paradyne StormPort 1020 modem they provided.

Things worked well enough until I installed Cisco VPN. Then the connection dropped. Couldn't restablish until I uninstalled VPN.

Rebooted several times, tried again: same story.

Someone, anyone: tell me Cisco VPN can work with ProLog

Thanx
domino0

join:2005-05-26
Greentown, PA

prolog/blue ridge

I just moved to the area and prolog seems very similiar to optimum online which I used before moving here.

I'm aslo running a vonage phone on it and service is good.

I use p2p all the time without problems, limewire and bittorent.

I'm using the modem they gave me, SA webstar. It's okay, had to reboot a couple of times but other than that seems okay.

It's only been a couple of weeks, but so far so good.

Wish I could help with some of the other techniacal questions but not my area, I don't even know what a vpn is lol.
grimreaper36

join:2005-05-03
Mount Carmel, PA

Having problem with Prolog.....

I've had their service for many years and subscribe to their platinum package (6MB d/l 586KB u/l) and I get a letter telling me I'm using too much bandwidth and may be required to upgrade to a commercial account if it doesn't stop. Now I admit I am a p2p junkie, but why sell me the bandwidth and then tell me I can't use it. I spend a lot of money for this.I don't know any other alternatives in Central PA. Short of only using my computer for web browsing, what are my options? Also are any services NOT asynchronous (not sure correct term)? In file sharing 6MB d/l is great but the u/l is terrible. Using p2p + xbox live + VoIP at the same time is really a struggle.
Ok, enough wining. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Rawraw420

join:2005-10-27
Stroudsburg, PA

ProLog Wireless

I didn't see anything in this forum so I don't know if anyone reads this or not. But I was wondering if anyone here knows about the prolog wireless service. What modem do they give out, is it the standard Linksys gateway, or do they use something else? How is tech support for the wireless? That is really the only reason someone would pay extra for something like this anyway instead of using your own router. If anyone has any info on this let the rest of us know.

rf_engineer

join:2003-08-04
USA

Re: ProLog Wireless

Prolog has a wireless service? That's funny. I seem to recall they ran a full page ad (Northeast PA Business Journal I think) five or six years ago about how wireless was insecure and in general a bad thing. This was when there were a couple wireless competitors cropping up in the area.
Rawraw420

Stroudsburg, PA

Re: ProLog Wireless

I have a feeling its crap anyway ... the only thing I was really interested in is I know some ISP's wont let you hook up a gateway so I can have the modem/router in one instead of seperate ones. If that was the case I might have paid for it if they wouldn't let me provision my own, but I gave them a call and they provisioned the linksys gateway for me and havnt had any problems. Nice to know someone actually checked this forum

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ

prolog in NJ---serious problems

the service has been pretty damn slow lately, and not i can get to websites only intermittently. has anyone else been having problems for the past week or so? or did the squirrels chew my line up just enough to slow me down? LOL

damn i can't wait for Fios!!!!
--
need decals made? »home.ptd.net/~loehwing/
Rawraw420

Stroudsburg, PA

Re: prolog in NJ---serious problems

how did this work out for you? i dont check this very often. I would run a ping -t and see if you get much packet loss. Of course do all the power cyceling ect. I'm in PA bnot NJ and with Service Electric so I haven't had any issues but that doesnt mean anything
odernia

join:2002-11-16
Wilkes Barre, PA
I'm in PA also and within the last 2 days the service has had alot of packetloss here now.
Rawraw420

Stroudsburg, PA
have you tried anything to get rid of it? with the packet loss you just start at the modem and move backwards. take all cable off the modem and put that back on, including the coax. could just be a bad connection. if same thing then, go back to the first splitter and plug the modem in there. if the same thing go back until you are at the main cable. if you have loss there you need a tech to replace the outside line/fittings. If it works fine bypassing the splitter, there you go. It could also be a problem on the network itself but that is usually rare in my experience. Who do you get prolog through? Blueridge or service electric

Sc0tt
Kneedragger
Premium
join:2000-11-13
Stockholm, NJ

Re: prolog in NJ---serious problems

said by Rawraw420:

have you tried anything to get rid of it? with the packet loss you just start at the modem and move backwards. take all cable off the modem and put that back on, including the coax. could just be a bad connection. if same thing then, go back to the first splitter and plug the modem in there. if the same thing go back until you are at the main cable. if you have loss there you need a tech to replace the outside line/fittings. If it works fine bypassing the splitter, there you go. It could also be a problem on the network itself but that is usually rare in my experience. Who do you get prolog through? Blueridge or service electric
modem is installed on dedicated line directly from the pole. turns out the squirrels chewed the line up though LOL. time to take out the pellet gun. j/k
Mizfit

join:2002-06-05
Whitehall, PA

Anyone out there???

Does anyone out there actually have service that performs like a network should. I have yet to see any throughput that even comes close to advertised speed since I got it. Not to mention the horrible latency and packet loss... This sucks...
br0adbanddoc

join:2001-12-31
Wilkes Barre, PA

Re: Anyone out there???

Yep,

I've got Service Electric in Wilkes-Barre and I get between 8.5->9.5Mbps all the time. Upstream is pretty good too and my latency to my regular BF2 servers is usually between 20-75ms.
Rawraw420

Stroudsburg, PA
I'm on Hanover Pa also with Service Electric/Prolog and I consistently have ~3.8 when provisioned for 4Mbps. A tech should be able to come out and take care of the packet loss, the only thing that sucks is their morning or afternoon appointments. The office/tech hours suck, so you will most likely have to take a day off work if your like me M-F during the day.

Donkaroo

join:2000-07-02
Hawley, PA

New Speeds!

Well, I just moved here to Hawley PA from Jersey about 2 months ago. When I arrived I signed on with Prologs G10 package, and not even 2 months later Prolog upgrades their service and introduces a new G15 package. So now we get 15 Mb/s down and 2Mb/s up, at no additional charge! Talk about good timing
dromas

join:2004-06-11
Honesdale, PA

anyone run into similar problems with advertised speeds

i live in honesdale recently went to 15g sevice tweaked pc as best as possible ran many different tests line quality etc says everything is good upped my rwin with proper calculations but yet to get a speed result above 8g having line man come out monday

dodgetech2

join:2002-01-01
Gouldsboro, PA

Re: anyone run into similar problems with advertised speeds

I was getting about 13 down and 1.5 up for a week or two..now I'm barely getting 10 down..still get the 1.5 up though.....

Not sure whats up, I might call if it gets worse....

disturbed

@ptd.net
It's unusable at night now. I have G15 and I am getting 1M . They can't handle the increased capacity. This SUCKS!

dodgetech2

Gouldsboro, PA

1 edit

said by disturbed :

It's unusable at night now. I have G15 and I am getting 1M . They can't handle the increased capacity. This SUCKS!
I don't think thats the case at all....Why don't you post some speed test results and some line data to back up your claim.
maybe you have a wiring issue in your house, or maybe your modem or router is at fault.

I have had PTD for 3 years and have had very few problems.
The speed is off a bit lately but I am still pulling about 10 meg from a 15 meg line.....certainly nothing to suggest that they suck.
dromas

join:2004-06-11
Honesdale, PA

hey man line man came out went through all his paces everythings fine as far as connection goes get 10 to 12 megs consistently in morning hours while school is in session soon as school lets out until wee hours of morning never get even near 10 mbs generally 4 to 8 range cannot bitch too much paying only 29.99 for 6 months of supposed g15 speed
redoak

join:2002-06-20
Newburgh, NY

1 edit
I live near Milford. Best G15 speed to Speedtest.net NYC server is 12 down and 1.29 up.

Off peak of course.

Jake99

@ptd.net
Im located in the Etters area where blueridgecable is advertising 15 / 2 and im getting great upload around 1.8 however the download is HORRIBLE. In the evenings I sometimes get 2 mb down if im lucky and late in the monring or during the day when no one is on it im still lucky if I get 3-4 down..... really disapointing
vapochilled
Premium
join:2004-11-23
Macungie, PA
Paying for 7 down, getting a whisker under one right now! SECT has sucked for months now!
Will I ever live to see Fios,lol
moresuo

join:2001-08-26
Stewartsville, NJ

Not likely. I just checked with Verizon and their reps have roll out listings going out about 18 months. My area isn't even on the list.

You do know that Verizon got permission about 8 years ago to collect a "tax" specifically to raise capital to make fiber [FiOS] ubiquitous in their coverage area. In that eight years they have collected over 2 BILLION DOLLARS that was to be specifically used to roll out FiOS and it was supposed to be COMPLETED last year.

We really need to lean on the Public Utilities commission and our State Assemblymen and Senators to get Verizon to do what they were suppose to do with the money they collected FROM US [instead of what they did with it which was to place it in their general fund and raise their stock price].

We were all supposed to have fiber access by now. We paid the freight up front. Verizon kept the money and didn't make good on its promise to provide the service.
vapochilled
Premium
Macungie, PA
All time low, of 400K tonight, I think I'll cancel and go with DSL, service electric just plain suck ass, and have done for months
AndrettiFan
Premium
join:2007-10-18
Mechanicsburg, PA
VapoChilled, I was down to about 400k the other day, that was before SECTV had another "billing issue" with my account and shut it off after they got my $130 / mo. I called and they got it "fixed" and now I'm up to a whopping 1.3 Mbps down for my 7M service!
vapochilled
Premium
Macungie, PA

1 edit

said by AndrettiFan:

VapoChilled, I was down to about 400k the other day, that was before SECTV had another "billing issue" with my account and shut it off after they got my $130 / mo. I called and they got it "fixed" and now I'm up to a whopping 1.3 Mbps down for my 7M service!
Hang on to your mouse at those speeds!
I just called them and said I was not paying until it gets fixed.
We did the usual dance and then he said, "we only rely on speakeasy " speed test. Suits me, I know it well, so while he's online we fire off at the washington server.
360K down 399K up! hahahaha
He went quiet for a bit and then said "that aint right" no shit!
Techs coming to me Wednesday afternoon
So we'll see what shakes, just ran it again while typing, I just hit 1100K I feel all giddy

Edit, just ran speakeasy test again at 11.50pm hitting 7700Kbps, can't be an issue my end can it?
SGIR14K

join:2007-10-29
Macungie, PA

vapochilled: I'm moving to Macungie (Ancient Oaks) later this week and will be using SECTV's 7 meg service. I was hoping it would be much better then their terrible one-way cable modem service I've had to use in the Zionsville area for years. How have you been making out since your last post?

I already canceled my Verizon POTS service and had the phone number ported to Vonage...hopefully the cable modem doesn't suck enough to screw with the VOIP quality....

They're supposed to be out on Friday afternoon to hook everything up. I'll post back with some speed results.
vapochilled
Premium
Macungie, PA
Well the tech came and put an attenuator on my line as I was running "hot" to the modem.
Speed still sucks when the kids get online.
Found out why though, apparently there are almost 500 homes on the one node/line right now. They are "supposed" to be getting it split within a few weeks, so we'll see.

GAR

@ptd.net

We live in Breinigsville and are having similar speed issues with SECTV. 1 mbps download seems to be the norm. I have been in contact with both PTD and Service Electric numerous times. Even had a tech come to our home. No change. Finally got an admission from SECTV tonight that the lines are saturated in our area. The solution that we were offered was a POSSIBLE move of our data connection to another server within a month or two. Seriously considering a move to Verizon FIOS.
Mizfit

join:2002-06-05
Whitehall, PA

said by GAR :

We live in Breinigsville and are having similar speed issues with SECTV. 1 mbps download seems to be the norm. I have been in contact with both PTD and Service Electric numerous times. Even had a tech come to our home. No change. Finally got an admission from SECTV tonight that the lines are saturated in our area. The solution that we were offered was a POSSIBLE move of our data connection to another server within a month or two. Seriously considering a move to Verizon FIOS.
why in the world would you even be toying with SECTV when you have an option for FIOS... get on it!!!

Loly19

@ptd.net
Also using Blue Ridge in East Stroudsburg.

Pretty much works like clockwork

Peak hours hit around 5 PM internet slows to a crawl. I think I saw under 400k download last night at 8:30 pm, completely un-usable. Starts to pick back up again around 11 PM.

But I never see more than 4 mb download when I am paying for 15.

This has been a consistent and worsening problem for months. I plan to call for a dsl install this morning.

If you do anything besides light surfing I highly recommend going with anyone but this company and don't waste your money paying for 15 mb speeds, you will never see anything close to it, not even in the middle of the night.
vapochilled
Premium
Macungie, PA
I was being sarcastic about FIOS, the telco's have everyone shafted and no ones seems to give a rats ass, I don't get it. We've had civil war over less!

2.30 in the afternoon, and I just got this

Last Result:
Download Speed: 208 kbps (26 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 256 kbps (32 KB/sec transfer rate)

To new york, less than 100 miles from me!!
SETV F#%%$%^^ sucks!!!!
AndrettiFan
Premium
Mechanicsburg, PA

BTW I had the tech out for my speeds, wasted 4 hours of time, replaced every segment for him to tell me that we're saturated, and they were planning to add another "star node" to break up the growth, but had no timetable.

If you look at PTDs network status logs, Allentown market has been in the system for 6 months about an upgrade that hasn't happened yet.

FIOS stopped right before our development and no timetable for install.

Basically I'm screwed.

m0p

join:2000-05-11
Hawley, PA
I've got G15 out here in Fawn Lake (lackawaxen) and have never seen a speed over 9Mb. That speed was only once, too.
Normal speeds are between 4m and 7m, and upload is 1.2-1.4 on average... Personally I don't think they should advertise a speed if they can't give it. They "said" they're upgrading the lines to 256Q from 64Q which should help with some of the speed, but living out here in the woods, where there might be 100 users at the most at any given time on this node, and getting less than 7mb is ridiculous. I've gotten credit after credit for low speeds, but if it doesn't get better in the next week or so like they said it would, I'm downgrading to the 7m speed... it's pointless to pay extra if I'm never getting it. :/
--
do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are spiteful, and will piss all over your keyboard.
vapochilled
Premium
Macungie, PA
Service electric were "crawling" all over our development and surrounding area today. Net was down for ages, I had to reset the modem to get back online, but boy oh boy, after the godd awful speeds I've been seeing, I saw a 6meg responce from speakeasy at 6pm!!! Can you imagine my excitment
Lets see if it stays up at these speeds.
AndrettiFan
Premium
Mechanicsburg, PA

Vapo what development are you in? The head of "Technical support" saw signal strength fluctuation on my modem which he thinks is the problem. I think it's a stall tactic, but they're coming out Monday to try and stabilize the signal.

Victoria

@bossardt.com

Using Existing report in Prolog

Starting with basic using Crystal Reports to write reports in ProLog. Using existing report from I saved first TTX file opened up Crystal with layout, select data source, mapping field showed up the fields I took out were in unmapped but the field I inserted were not in the window. From there I am a little confused. Just hoping to get back on track.

Patricx

@ptd.net

BlueRidgeCable's PTD Cable service 15/2 VERY SLOW DOWNLOAD!!

I like in the Etters area where blueridgecable carries PTD's internet and they just recently put an increase on the speeds to 15down/2up due to my original speeds being a bit slow I did the special deal and got it. Well upload is very steady around 1.8-1.9 however download has been VERY bad, in the evenings im lucky if i can get 2mb down which is slower than their lowest advertised speed ..... and when no one is on the cable for instance in the mornings or during the day im still lucky if i get 3-4 mb down which is below half of what im paying for... VERY disapointing.

FYI: Techs have been out 2 times and finially told me that it wasent a problem with my house wiring or my computer / modem and was due to caps at the office thus slowing everybody down and has been going on for quite sometime now.

If and when blueridgecable fix's this they will be the best isp around and have my 2 thumbs up however if not fixed soon I feel im going to have to switch to some other isp fore their service at times is just unbareable.

dodgetech2

Gouldsboro, PA

Re: BlueRidgeCable's PTD Cable service 15/2 VERY SLOW DOWNLOAD!!

My 15/2 plan while not as bad as yours has been getting me 7-8 down lately..I was getting 13-13.5 before......
Not sure whats up,but I hope they sort it out soon.

Benoka

@ptd.net
We are in the lewisberry area and have been having the same problems with Blue Ridge, our upload is around 1 and the download has been pretty slow around 4 MB. We have a 15mb/2mb service and where only receiving a faction of what we are paying for, very disapointing for us as well.

bigdip

@telus.net

putting a list into a binary search tree

can someone please help me make the following program in prolog. i need it to run as follows...

?- list2tree([7, 5, 1, 3, 6, 9] , T).

T = bt(7, bt(5, bt(1, nil, bt(3, nil, nil)), bt(6, nil, nil)), bt(9, nil, nil));

UnhappyInPA

@ptd.net

They're Blocking E-Mails

ProLog (Pen Tele Data, PenTeleData, or PTD), which I get through Blue Ridge Cable, started blocking e-mails from Yahoo! on my wife's account, though not on mine. When I complained, they said basically too bad, but that Yahoo! knew what it had to do "to get off of the list."

Plus, they are having more frequent glitches. E-mails to me appear in quadruplicate. There are many momentary outages, so that I have to reconnect to work in the middle of a report.

I've started using my cell phone's Internet connection (AT&T). It's slower, but seems to be more reliable.

•••

Morlar

@ptd.net

MTU

Ok, I'm new to Service Electric/ProLog and was furious at the performance. However, searching the Linksys forums (that's my router) I saw some info on changing the MTU setting.

After playing around, I found that setting the MTU to 1200 has made my one-way cable modem function 1000 times better. It was stalling on downloads, DNS lookups and dropping me from World of Warcraft. With the new MTU, it's running without a hitch.

So there is hope.

Hint: Make sure to reset both your router and cable modem after making the MTU change.
Fancy_Bob_07
Premium
join:2006-01-10
Bloomsburg, PA

PTD vs Other Providers

Much like opinions expressed on other subjects, What few comments I see are mostly negative about ptd. However the lack of posts in this forum, vs PTD's customer base /other providers demonstrates just how quality and reliable PTD is.

SECV being a family owned company, and the first cable provider, teaming up with PTD, which has an excellent track record and strong backbone is what has kept me as a customer for almost 4 years now. And I also had their dial-up in the 90's when AOL was just becoming popular. Even back then my speeds and reliability compared to other Dial-up ISP's far exceeded my expectations.
vapochilled
Premium
Macungie, PA

1 edit

Re: PTD vs Other Providers

Almost swallowed my tongue laughing.
Of course you "could" be right, or, more likely the majority of PTDs users simply don't know any better? they've little or no competition out here, so people have nothing to gauge them by. I however have been fortunate enough to have traveled far and wide, and PTD/SETV simply is not a great service!
They have just this week, fixed an issue that has caused me to have dial up speeds for the last year! I now get speed that almost meets what I'm paying for! even when tested against the servers they suggest!
The upload speed is miserly.
They may well be a family owned company(arnt they trying to sell?) and they have been the first cable company, but unfortunately the world does not revolve around sentiment, I wish it did sometimes but it don't!
Eventually the free market will find PA and when it does, customers with long memories will remember just how badly they were treated by PTD.

Sorry, I should be so general, I refer to SETV who I assume look after "my" network, I'll give PTD the benefit for now,lol
CBits

join:2008-02-21

Re: PTD vs Other Providers

I am new here, but I do believe that PTD would not do as well if there were "real" providers in the area. Lately their dymanically assigned IP's are all over the RBL's and their tech support is inefficient or non-existent.
Although I have signal, that's where the professionalism stops. I do believe that the end user is not truly aware of the the lack of service PTD provides. But they sure do enforce their policies!!!!

Bazza

@btcentralplus.com

Knights tour Prolog

Hello People,

I am currently trying to write a knights tour program on a 5 x 5 chessboard that visits every square at least

once. At the moment it only maps the path from 1 square to another and does not visit all squares on the

board.What I am trying to get the knight to do is visit all the squares rather than map a path from one square to

another.

I have tried to get the program to visit all the squares by using a list length that matches the number of squares

visited by the knight on the board i.e. 25 on 5 x 5 board. Once it has visited all squares it will output the

solution path on screen. Although at the moment it infinite loops and does not find a search result. I have also

tried to do this using depth_first and breadth_first search and I am still having the same problems.

A copy of code I have got so far can be found below, any help you could give would be much appreciated:

/* **************************************************************
Simplified Knight's tour - In this simplified version of the knight's
tour, a knight's path is built between any two squares on the chess board.
The main predicate, path(X,Y), prints out a path between X and Y.

This version extends the initial representation
to a 5 x 5 grid, with the grid numbered as follows:

1 2 3 16 25
4 5 6 15 24
7 8 9 14 23
10 11 12 13 22
17 18 19 20 21

This version uses a recursive path/3 predicate, with the third
argument representing the list of squares visited along the path:

path(Start,End,List)

To run the program, type path(X,Y)

*************************************************************/

/* An exhaustive list of moves. These are moves for a 3 x 3 board */

move(2,9). move(2,7). move(3,4). move(3,8). move(4,9). move(4,3).
move(6,1). move(6,7). move(7,2). move(7,6). move(8,3). move(8,1).
move(9,2). move(9,4). move(1,6). move(1,8).

/* The additional moves for the 4 x 4 board */

move(2,15). move(3,14). move(4,11). move(5,10). move(5,12). move(5,14).
move(5,16). move(6,11). move(6,13). move(7,12). move(8,15). move(8,13).
move(9,10). move(9,16). move(10,5). move(10,9). move(11,4). move(11,6).
move(11,14). move(12,5). move(12,7). move(12,15). move(13,8). move(13,6).
move(14,11). move(14,5). move(14,3). move(15,12). move(15,8). move(15,2).
move(16,5). move(16,9).

/* The additional moves for the 5 x 5 board */

move(3,24). move(6,23). move(6,25). move(7,18). move(8,17). move(8,19).
move(9,18). move(9,20). move(9,22). move(9,24). move(10,19). move(11,20).
move(12,17). move(12,21). move(12,23). move(13,18). move(13,24). move(14,19).
move(14,21). move(14,25). move(15,22). move(16,23). move(17,8). move(17,12).
move(18,7). move(18,9). move(18,13). move(19,8). move(19,10). move(19,14).
move(19,22). move(20,9). move(20,11). move(20,23). move(21,12). move(21,14).
move(22,9). move(22,15). move(22,19). move(23,6). move(23,12). move(23,16).
move(23,20). move(24,3). move(24,9). move(24,13). move(25,6). move(25,14).

/*********** PROGRAM STARTS HERE ********************/

path(X,Y) :- path(X,Y,[X]). /* Build a path between X and Y by
calling path/3. */

path(Z,Z,L):- !,printlist(L),size(L,N), N = 25,nl, write(N). /* Base case: prints the solution */
path(X,Y,L):- move(X,Z), /* Recursive case: find a move from X to Z */
not(member(Z,L)), /* Cycle prevention */
path(Z,Y,[Z|L]). /* Find a path from Z to Y */

/* Print the list L in reverse order */
printlist([]).
printlist([H|T]) :- printlist(T),nl,write(H).

/* Basic utility predicates */

/*not(P):- call(P),!,fail,*/
/*not(P). */

/* member(H,[H|T]). */
/* member(M,[Y|T]) :- member(M,T). */

member(X,[X|T]).
member(X,[H|T]) :- member(X,T).

collect(L):-
retract(queue(X)),
!,
(X == bottom, !, L = []
; L = [X | Rest], collect(Rest)).

findall(X, Goal, Xlist):-
call(Goal),
assertz(queue(X)),
fail;
assertz(queue(bottom)),
collect(Xlist).

append([],L,L).
append([X|L1],L2,[X|L12]) :-
append(L1,L2,L12).

next_node(Current, Next,Path) :-
move(Current, Next),
write('next node: '), write(Next), nl,
not(member(Next,Path)).

depth_first(Start, Goal, Path) :-
depth_first1(Start, Goal, [Start], Path),
size(Path, N),
N 25.

size([],0).
size([H|T],N):- size(T,N1),N is N1+1.
depth_first1(Current,Goal, _, [Goal]):-
size(Current,N),
/*size(Goal, N), */
N = 25.
depth_first1(Start, Goal, Visited, [Start | Path]) :-
Goal = 25,
next_node(Start, Next_node, Visited),
write('Visited: '), write(Visited), nl,
depth_first1(Next_node, Goal, [Next_node|Visited], Path), !.

breadth_first(Start, Goal, Path) :-
breadth_first1([[Start]], Goal, Path).

breadth_first1([[Goal|Path]|_], Goal, [Goal|Path]).

breadth_first1([[Current|Trail]|OtherPaths], Goal, Path) :-
Goal = 25,
findall([Next,Current|Trail], next_node(Current, Next, Trail), NewPaths),
write('New paths: '), write(NewPaths), nl,
append(OtherPaths, NewPaths, AllPaths),
breadth_first1(AllPaths, Goal, Path), !.
ranmahs

join:2008-01-30

shell command in prolog

Hi all
How can i use the shell command in Prolog. I there any way to know the exit status of the process used by shell command. Please let me know the answer with example. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Ranmahs
Iceylinux

join:2003-06-13
Wilkes Barre, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Wondeful Idea for SECTV

SELL THE CABLE COMPANY!!!!!
----------------------------

Why i say this? well lets just face it highest speed is 10mb/1mb with a cap that wont even let you use your connection more then a constant 35% of the month or they make you cancel or switch to a commerical account. which i have pricing for here.
Speeds with 2-Way Cable
Downstream / Upstream
2 Mbps / 512 kbps .................................. $ 69.95/mo.
4 Mbps / 768 kbps .................................. $ 79.95/mo.
6 Mbps / 1 Mbps .................................... $ 109.95/mo.
8 Mbps / 1 Mbps .................................... $ 169.95/mo.
10 Mbps / 1 Mbps .................................. $ 199.95/mo.
these are all one year contracts by the way, if you cancel its probably 500 bucks didnt check that out. also dont forget about the setup fee listed here
Cable Setup ........................................................................... $249.95

gee there business 10/1 with one static ip, is more money then BUSINESS FIOS @ 50M/20M WITHOUT A CONTRACT!!!

I hope they burn.

Donkaroo

join:2000-07-02
Hawley, PA

Re: Wondeful Idea for SECTV

I have to agree that the commercial accounts are a joke. When I spoke with a sales rep she had limited answers to my many questions. My original gripe was about letters I kept receiving about going over their expected usage on my 15/2 residential plan. She recommended their commercial account. After going over my contract the only mention is about not to "abuse" their network. To them downloading 3GB per day is abuse. An HD movie is about 6GB's!

Although this is with PenTeleData/Blueridge, their commercial accounts run the same way. You have to sign a 2 year contract, pay a setup fee, and the prices are about 5 times that of residential fees for half the speed. Theres no way I can justify going commercial just to be rid of the data caps. Its just amazing to me that a large ISP like PTD which controls all of PA has to limit its top tier customers to 80 Gigs per month in an era of HD downloads, VoIP, online gaming, and streaming media. :/