dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Clearwire - automatic discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum
propose this in site feedback.
Customer? write a review
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · next

SeattleClearwire
@clearwire-dns.net

SeattleClearwire

Anon

Poor speeds

I have been a customer of Clearwire for three months and have called tech support regularly with complaints about poor speeds. Each time tech insists to follow protocol from beginning. Speeds are well below what I pay for and VERY inconsistent. When I try to cancel service. Clearwire customer (lack of) service insists that I need to a pay cancellation fee or find someone to transfer service to. I can't ethically recommend this service to anyone. I will be cancelling and paying the fee. It is worth it to get away from Clearwire. This is just a warning to all potential customers...STAY AWAY FROM CLEARWIRE the service is substandard and the company will not stand behind their product. They will simply call upon their legal TERMS OF CONTRACT and not care for the customer. STAY AWAY FROM CLEARWIRE!!!

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Can Clearwire Fix Their Public Image Problem?

»Can Clearwire Fix Their Public Image Problem? [27] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Clears Up Deployment Plans

»Clearwire Clears Up Deployment Plans [26] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Offers Portable WiMax/Wi-Fi Gateway

»Clearwire Offers Portable WiMax/Wi-Fi Gateway [13] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clear Available In Atlanta

»Clear Available In Atlanta [31] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Comcast Unveils Mobile WiMax Service

»Comcast Unveils Mobile WiMax Service [54] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire: We'll Hit 80 Markets In 18 Months

»Clearwire: We'll Hit 80 Markets In 18 Months [28] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Vegas Network Goes Live July 21

»Clearwire Vegas Network Goes Live July 21 [10] comments - posted on the home page
molochi
join:2007-02-21

molochi

Clear == Clearwire?

I've been seeing adverts for Clear (Wimax isp) on Atlanta TV Same company as Clearwire?

Any one here use the service inside or near the north perimeter (Buckhead/Dunwoody/SandySprings) that knows what kind of latency to expect? Packet shaping/ Throttling?

Karl Bode
News Guy

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Promises Late Year Growth Explosion

»Clearwire Promises Late Year Growth Explosion [13] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Launches Silicon Valley Network

»Clearwire Launches Silicon Valley Network [17] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Customers Unhappy With Early Clearwire Launches

»Customers Unhappy With Early Clearwire Launches [35] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Sprint (Clear/Clearwire) Finally Hitting Chicago

»Clearwire Launching In Chicago October 6 [21] comments - posted on the home page
rick121x
join:2002-02-02
North Las Vegas, NV

rick121x

How to set up PC for Clearwire?

I have installed the Clearwire "wireless" system, and it works OK. It is a little faster than the DSL system I had, but nothing like what I expected from the advertising. Now I am committed to a contract with them and would like to have the best setup I can.

I used the DSLReports Speed test and get around 2450/450 compared to the 1500/384 with DSL. The Tweak test makes no suggestions.... and shows a 25600 Tcp Rec Win... but DRTCP shows a 75920

I don't understand.... Anyone able to clarify for me?
rick121x

rick121x

Re: How to set up PC for Clearwire?

I called the Clearwire tech helpline. Wow! Polite, helpful, courteous, efficient! I am still in awe!

The tech told me to move my antenna - now three signal lights are lit. the DSLReports speed improved from 2450/340 to 3935/339. And that's great!

I, then, went to the "speedtest.net" site: There my speeds, from the Las vegas server, measure at 6850/390.

So things are better, and the downloads are really quick. But I would like to have more correlation... or be able to explain it. Maybe the DSL reports does not measure wireless speeds correctly...???

Richard in Las Vegas

Karl Bode
News Guy

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Looking For More Cash

»Clearwire Looking For More Cash [8] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Launches In Salem, Oregon

»Clearwire Launches In Salem, Oregon [12] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire Unoficially Launches In Philadelphia

»Clearwire Unofficially Launches In Philadelphia [13] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Intel Exec Arrested For Illegal Clearwire Trades

»Intel Exec Arrested For Illegal Clearwire Trades [36] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Clearwire To Go Live In Philly, Chicago

»Clearwire To Go Live In Philly, Chicago [2] comments - posted on the home page
Karl Bode

Karl Bode

News Guy

[NEWS] Sprint 4G And Clearwire Arrives in Chicago

»Sprint 4G And Clearwire Arrives in Chicago [48] comments - posted on the home page
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · next