site
spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

forum logo About
Metrocast Communications - open discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum by proposing it in site feedback.
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 50 · 51 · 52 · next

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:17

test

test

visitor

join:2001-07-26
Manchester, CT

:)

Nice just browsed in..

odog
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA

catchy title

hell yeah...

Demented Avenger

join:2001-02-17
Lebanon, CT

WTF Just happened? Back to dial up speed?

»/speedresults/···b/806951
shawnhh$

join:2002-08-01
Dayville, CT

ConnForum

Where did ConnForum go? It's been a little over a day now..........

my s/n dropped to 20, help!
shawnhh$

join:2002-08-01
Dayville, CT

Re: ConnForum

***fixed*** see »www.connforum.com

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

join:2001-03-30
Brierfield, AL

wow

Somehow metrocast has there own little forum. Now we can rant and rave all we want.!!

In my humble opinion, I think metrocast needs to increase speeds, we were supposed to get one at the end of march, but that never happened

oh well. Maybe someone will actually post here.
--
AMD Athlon - What Pentium Wants To Be!!!
3.95Ghz of AMD Crunching Goodness.

Metzen

@metrocast.net

Re: wow

They suck =/

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

Brierfield, AL

Re: wow

I agree. They do suck.
Tyler8427

join:2002-12-11
East Lyme, CT

New IP?

Hello...how do you get a new ip?
NightHawk21

join:2003-09-09
Farmington, NH

metrocast

from what i see on their site it says 512Kb/128Kb i would really hope its not that slow with comcast i had 2.2 MB/128MB it that wasnt bad all i know is im not fucking paying 40 bucks a month for shit service like that ill just go with verizon dsl 1.5 Mb/128Kb or i will try »www.cablemodemhack.com 512 Kb is fucking pathetic i might as well just have dial up

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

Brierfield, AL

Re: metrocast

That is there speed.

I wouldnt recommend uncapping anymore, they upgraded, were able to stop it, and can trace if need be.

I miss the uncapped days

650KB/sec downloads, gone. Why wont they upgrade!!!!!
--
NightHawk21

join:2003-09-09
Farmington, NH

im not even gonna bother uncapping metrocast blows i just got my phone line installed today and from what i hear verizon dsl is pretty damn good and first month is free 1.5MB/128K and as soon as i can find another part time job im gonna go with the buisness connection its like 7.1Mb/384K for $204 a month
s7even8

join:2003-10-30
Rochester, NH

uncap it dude. we'll readabout you in the paper when they prosecute you for THEFT OF SERVICE
s7even8

join:2003-10-30
Rochester, NH

MetroFizzle CableFizzle..ayeeet?

yo these cats is the SHIZZZ-NUTS yo

word up D_ROCK on the D_BLOCK

scuba you my nizzle ayeet

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

Brierfield, AL

Well

It appears Metrocast finally increased speeds, dramatically (for me at least )

»/archive/metrocast.net

Check it out
--
nhlfoda
Premium
join:2003-09-11
Barrington, NH

More like, Oh well....

Yes, it appears that they've bumped the speed recently. Whoopee!! Now they're only 50% slower than the competition.

We're paying good money for this service, we deserve better!!

At least now they can claim to be a broadband provider and actually meet the definition outline by the public utilities commission.

Given all the recent lawsuits against misrepresented products, I'm wondering how long it will be before Metrocast gets hit with a suit for representing their service as "Lightening Fast"?

Anyone that uses Metrocast can attest to the fact that it leaves much to be desired. If lightening was truly as slow as Metrocast, I believe we'd have a solution to our energy problems, since bottling it would no longer be a problem.

BTW- is anyone else as sick of hearing Shirley Clark make excuses as I am?

anonnie-muss

@metrocast.net

Re: More like, Oh well....

I'm only sick of hearing people like you cry about everything. I spend a lot of time in a MetroCast System, and I'm quite happy. My connection is fine. I get @ least 80% the rate advertised (as it should be).

I guess this is a place for people who ar e sick of their lives to share their misery...I guess it really DOES love company!

can't we all just enjoy our Internet?

cbrf41999

@aol.com

Hello

I am considering a home purchase in Belmont currently, is the connection any better? Or should I look into DSL?

anonnie-muss

@metrocast.net

Re: Hello

i wouldn't buy a house because the Internet is good....
but yes it is quite reliable. they have a knowledgable and caring staff who go out of their way to make sure you're up and running constantly...

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

Brierfield, AL
I agree, dont buy a house cause of the connection

But yes, MetroCast has gotten a lot better over the years. Their speeds have gone up and service is more reliable.

I am in the Belmont system, and I intern at the Rochester office. Let me tell you, they work the asses off to keep the connections stable and reliable.

Thumbs up.
--
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
nhlfoda
Premium
join:2003-09-11
Barrington, NH

anonnie-muss?? Oh, how cute...

Dear anonnie-muss, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner. I'd say your response sounds very much like something
Shirley might say. Is that you Shirley?

Maybe you don't mind wasting $45 a month, but I do... Are you so out of touch with reality that you don't realize your being taken for a ride.

For what Metrocast is charging, there is no reason they can't at least provide that same quality of service as the next guy.

Well anonnie-muss, good luck hiding in the shadows :-0

CYA

werd-up

@metrocast.net

Yo

Anyone post here anymore?

I dont seem to have a problem with MetroCast as much as I did when they first came out. They have improved very much in my opinion......

billh491

join:2001-08-09
Pomfret Center, CT

Nice to see a Myeastern forum.

I just stumbled on this forum. I did not think BBR had one for us. I know we use www.connforum.com but it is nice to see one here.

Cantlin

@metrocast.net

Come ON!

OK 2 computers....on cable internet...one newly reformatted. the other clean as a whistle....how come we both cant be on the internet at the same time. Used 2 be able to have 3 on at the same time....I'm not happy

tenpin784
I Went To The Dark Side?

Brierfield, AL

Re: Come ON!

we still allow 2 cpe address's (public addresses) for each cable modem in the NH/ME region.

if you added/removed a device, you need to reboot your modem for this to take effect.
--
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

Disclaimer: These are MY comments, my employer cant be held responsible.

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1

digital cable box

I hope this post is in the right forum... my folks just upgraded to digital basic cable at ECC. I helped put the new box in for them.

what is the rf bypass option?? I used the short "jumper" coax on the back of the box. Everything seems to work properly. Does this sound right?

odog
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA

connforum refugees!

we can use this as well.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

Re: connforum refugees!

Hey! Look at us!

Did you set this up odog?

billh491

Pomfret Center, CT
This forum has been here for over 4 years. I found it about a year ago. I voted over at connforum.com to make this our new home when it closes down.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT

said by billh491:

This forum has been here for over 4 years. I found it about a year ago. I voted over at connforum.com to make this our new home when it closes down.
Huh. Well I'll be damned. How come you never told us?
--
AMD Athon64 X2 4800+ | ASUS A8N-SLI-Premium | 4 GB PC3200 Corsair XMS C2 | eVga 7800GTX KO| Disc0=74GB WD SATA Raptor, Disc1=250GB WD SATA, Disc2=500GB Seagate ATA | PC Power & Cooling TurboCool 510 SLI PSU | Windows XP Pro. 64 Bit
Chris748s

join:2006-08-19
Danielson, CT
2000 Silver Z from connforum checking in............

billh491

Pomfret Center, CT
I guess because it got so little use. And connforum was our home and did not want to spilt things up. In fact I was the last post in her in march of 05 before Odog posted this week.

But now that it is going to be closed down this seems like the best place.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
Hi All, glad to see some people here.
Odog, is there something going on this evening? According to Netstat I cannot push past 2.0 mbps dl.
--
Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org/index.htm
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_spa···_monster
ktg2424

join:2001-02-13
Uncasville, CT

Although I do like Google for newsgroups.. I think this is the best place for MyEastern discussion... Now hopefully I can become a ECC customer again!

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium
New London, CT

More MetroCast news

From the Day:

Link

quote:
In less than two weeks, Eastern Connecticut Cable TV Inc. of Waterford will be owned and operated by Metrocast, a cable subsidiary of Harron Communications of Pennsylvania.

The state Department of Public Utility Control approved a franchise term of nine years for the new owner, one year shy of what Metrocast and Harron sought, but one year longer than the agency originally offered in a draft decision. The condition is that Metrocast must complete its 860-megahertz systemwide upgrade of Eastern’s cable lines by March of 2009.

An attorney for Metrocast and Harron assured the state utility regulator immediately following this morning’s decision that the nine-year franchise was acceptable, said agency spokeswoman Beryl Lyons.

The closing is scheduled for Sept. 1.

Harron owns and runs 109 cable franchises in the Eastern U.S. Eastern provides cable service to nine towns in Eastern Connecticut.
Hey, the closing is on my birthday!

So, what, then we'll be swimming in HD channels?
--
AMD Athon64 X2 4800+ | ASUS A8N-SLI-Premium | 4 GB PC3200 Corsair XMS C2 | eVga 7800GTX KO| Disc0=74GB WD SATA Raptor, Disc1=250GB WD SATA, Disc2=500GB Seagate ATA | PC Power & Cooling TurboCool 510 SLI PSU | Windows XP Pro. 64 Bit

Jeff G

join:2001-07-31
Dayville, CT

Re: More MetroCast news

I am so ready for the HD revolution. At least the superbowl since no superbowl last year.

odog
Premium,VIP
Atlanta, GA

Plainfield latency

We are experiencing an issue with the circuit connecting Plainfield to Myrock. This should be addressed sometime during the day tomorrow, and at latest tomorrow night during a maintenance window.

•••••
ktg2424

join:2001-02-13
Uncasville, CT

odog!

Just wondering if you got my emails? Asking here cuz I sent one a few weeks back via connforum and I sent one a few days ago via BBR. TIA!