site
spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

forum logo About
Cablevision - open discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum by proposing it in site feedback.
No recent reviews

have your review appear here
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · next
CNoonan

join:2004-08-16
Jackson, NJ

TV Not Working With Cable Box

A few days ago whenever I would turn my cable box on, the TV would turn on. The volume and everything was controllable from the cable box's remote. I have been using this cable box for years and last night I couldnt turn my TV on or change the volume. Why is that?

The box is a Explorer 4200.
leadtek292

join:2005-10-08
Miller Place, NY

Re: TV Not Working With Cable Box

You might want to check the settings on the Cable box and see if the outlet portion is enabled. This feature will allow you once the cable box is on, to activate the outlet portion in which your TV should be connected.

You also might want to change the batteries in the remote control. The first sign of the batteries becoming weak is the volume feature and On/Off switch is weakend to operate correctly.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:38

[NEWS] Dolan Cablevision Deal in Trouble?

»Dolan Cablevision Deal in Trouble? - posted on the home page

Karl Bode
News Guy

[NEWS] Dolan Cablevision Buyout Quest Fails

»Dolan Cablevision Buyout Quest Fails - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
join:2006-11-08
San Francisco, CA

[NEWS] Cablevision Rate Hikes

»(news #88855 no longer exists) - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»Cablevision Rate Hikes - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»(news #89318 no longer exists) - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»Cablevision: “Let’s Take This Outside” - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»(news #89548 no longer exists) - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»Resolving Computer Problems with Threats - posted on the home page
Darkhand

join:2002-02-23
Bloomfield, NJ
So I got a new TV this Christmas and I called up Cablevision yesterday to get a new line installed.

The guy told me that he would have to charge me $50 for the installation OR he could have the guy install the Optimum Voice modem and the fee would only be $5 and I'd save money every month.

I was in the middle of a rigorous gaming session so I simply said "I'm really busy right now, I don't want Optimum Voice I just want a new cable line"

He said to me "Oh you don't need to get OV just the modem for it". I told him I didn't want the modem I was happy with my modem and he kept pushing and pushing and PUSHING. This conversation went on for about 5 minutes longer than it should have.

Did I miss something? Is there any reason Cablevision is pushing this new OV Modem on me? Was there any truth to what this guy was saying?
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»Cablevision Charges Excessive Fee For Phone Number Transfers - posted on the home page

Karl Bode
News Guy
»Time Warner Cablevision Rumor Resurfaces - posted on the home page

Karl Bode
News Guy
»Cablevision Engaged In Successful Battle With FiOS - posted on the home page
votum76

join:2002-01-29
Matawan, NJ
Just thought I'd mention a big of knowledge I learned in upgrading my router.

I was told by cablevision and other sources that the WRT54GL was sufficent in order to utilize the boost service.
I always got good speeds on optimim online but it was never quite the full speed. I'd say I averaged 20/4 I didn't complain because it was plenty fast for me and I just figured the node was alittle crowded and as long as it didn't get much worse it wasn't worth my time to complain

Well yesterday I upgraded my wireless network to N
after I installed and configured my WRT350N I went to my normal speed test site as well as a few others and I am consitently getting speeds of 33/5 which is better than the rated speed. I checked my cable modem configuration and my download is indeed uncapped.

Just thought some people might wanna know if you have a router that is supposedly supported by boost it does not mean it will provide the full throughput boost is capable of
with my new router I am a very happy camper
reptilian

join:2007-09-08
Tech support does not know what this means.
When you upload to news.optonline.net NNTP
The upload will be interrupted and you will not be able to post messages to usenet. After 2 months of this ongoing issue
I took it upon myself to contact management.

This is what they told me. BTW I have this recorded for my quality assurance.

" You are getting the Internal Spam Filter error because
you have uploaded too much to the news server. We are doing this to protect our customers from spammers".

Well being that my connecttivity is throttled down to a whopping 200 kb per second upstream how much do you really think I can post ?

I do not post too much to usenet and I have freinds who are network admins who are getting the same error message and they hardly ever post to usenet.

To all Cablevision customers. If you are experiencing the same issues and getting the same answers as I did I highly suggest you file a formal complaint to the FCC.

The New York State Attorney General may be able to assist you.
For further assistance you may wish to visit the Attorney General's Web at www.oag.state.ny.us/consumer/consum

Sincerely,

Linda Voss

The NYS Public Service Commission
Office of Consumer Services

This is a disruption of service and their so called answers to this issue are unacceptable and does not warrant any validity as an acceptable answer. It is an excuse.

Karl Bode
News Guy
»Cablevision To Offer Customers Free Wi-Fi - posted on the home page

Karl Bode
News Guy
»Free Cablevision Wi-Fi Install Coming Along - posted on the home page

Karl Bode
News Guy
»Another Look At Verizon's NYC Deal - posted on the home page
KathrynV
Premium
San Francisco, CA
»Cablevision Aims To Make Use of Right to Media Ownership - posted on the home page

Karl Bode
News Guy
»(news #95735 no longer exists) - posted on the home page
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 8 · 9 · 10 · next