dslreports logo
site
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
forum logo About
Atlantic Broadband - open discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum by proposing it in site feedback.
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next
redpenguin

join:2010-06-17
united state

Channel Bonding only on Consumer Owned Modems?

I'm in the Johnstown area and have the "Express" service.

I was renting for a while the SB6121 (4down/4up-channel bonding) from ABB and just last week bought my own SB6141 (8down/4up channel bonding) to "future-proof" myself somewhat, so I don't need a newer modem in only 2 years.

Yet I noticed something I can't quite explain.

ABB's modem only ever "connected" to a single downstream channel "97". Same thing with my buddy's same modem and service in the JTown area.

Yet my newer SB6141 oddly enough is linking to a total of 8 channels, 97-104.

I thought the SB6121 would at least link to 4 of the 8, or is there something that channel bonding needs to use all 8?
ABBJason

join:2010-06-03
Altoona, PA

Re: Channel Bonding only on Consumer Owned Modems?

In miami it is better if everyone has an 8 channel modem. As pointed out, the 6120 only bonds 4 downstream channels. We provide 8 channels in our miami system. Each channel has a maximum bandwidth of 38mbps. So if you you have say 100 customers bonding only 4 channels, split their connection by 4, you can hit maximum utilization on those 4 channels faster than if every customer was bonding 8 channels, because now we are balancing the load across 8 38mbps channels. So in miami, we use 8 channel bonded modems. They haven't said anything about not wanting to let customers use 4 channel modems, but I could in theory see it becoming an issue at some point. Maybe not. We haven't had utilization issues since doing our d3 system upgrades. We use Arris cm820a and motorola surfboard 6180 in miami as our primary cable modems, they both perform fine. We have tested to our maximum speed, 110mbps and both modems can provide that amount of bandwidth. I'm sure that one modem chipset may in fact function better than another, but we have customers using pretty much every make and model of docsis 3 modem you can imagine and none have presented major issues that we are aware of.
EnerJi

join:2011-02-19
Miami Beach, FL

Thanks @redpenguin and @ ABBJason for the detailed reply.

Great information to know. Are you doing (or planning) any upstream channel bonding to improve upstream speeds? Other cable companies (such as Comcast) which do upstream channel bonding are able to offer much faster upload speeds.

For example: Comcast's "Blast" package offers 50 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, for a 5-1 down/up ration. ABB's plans in contrast offer a much lower 10-1 and an incredible 15(!)-1 ratio for the two fastest packages.

It's good to know that I might get more reliable downstream performance with an 8-channel modem, but at this point, I think I'll hold on to my SB6120. It's less than three years old, so I expect I'll keep it for at least another year or two, unless it dies or I'm forced to switch to an 8-channel modem.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

I don't have any information about upstream channel bonding unfortunately.
redpenguin

united state
Does ABB do some sort of different setup for company-owned vs consumer-owned modems?

Even my friend in Uniontown who had an Arris modem, we upgraded him to a Motorola SB6141 and now he has a much better & more responsive connection.

This happened for myself and 3 other folks who upgraded from ABB's own equipment.

Is the SB6141 just so good of a modem that it's better than ABB's own equipment or is there different config files?

I mean we did network tests and latency and connection gets better results from pingtest.net than the ABB equipment.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

I am not aware of any reason why there would be a difference between models of modems. There is no significant difference between a leased modem and a customer owned modem. Your findings are strange. I will pass them along to the people who do equipment testing and see if they've noticed anything similar.
redpenguin

united state

1 edit

ABB Going Switched Digital Video and/or digital in 2014?

In the Johnstown area, I am very confused as to what is going on with the video services.

I have a family member and a few friends totally confused on whats going on.

The family member wants to get Basic Cable (Non-Value) but was told it's going digital and she only has a single analog TV. Also how does the deposit system work, she cancelled cable and wants it back, and they said she could have to put a $100+ deposit down.

Also my other friends all have Value service and they are wondering if they will keep the analog for those channels or going digital.

For SDV I read online you have to have a "two-way" box that basically "requests" the channel to be sent to you, basically like video-on-demand. Yet I also heard ABB is just going to convert the cable to digital and only require a digital reciver TV.

ABBJason (who seems to really know this stuff) or someone similar, please explain this stuff in greater detail? (I am basically my family/friends tech and they look at me for this info).
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: ABB Going Switched Digital Video and/or digital in 2014?

Analog isn't going away in Altoona/Johnstown. There is a certain segment of the population that pays for basic cable and it needs to remain analog for them for the foreseeable future. SDV was originally slated for 2013 but was pushed to 2014. Other areas have switched or may be switching to digital, which does require a digital box. My understanding (I don't work in the dept. that primarily deals with tv) is when they switch an area they offer customers two boxes at no charge. These are not the same as the normal cable boxes that Digital Value and up customers get, they're just digital tuners basically.

SDV will probably require a cable box for the channels that get removed. Basically some channels get move to a transmit on demand status. In order to get a channel that is SDV, you have to have a device capable of two way communication. Most tv tuners, even digital ones, only receive signals, not send them. The real question for your family member is will any of the channels they watch in the value tier get moved to SDV? I don't know at this time unfortunately. This is something that the company is generally good about addressing, if we force you to have equipment they generally offer a couple for no additional charge. None of this is set in stone, I really am not sure what Atlantic Broadband is going to do yet, other than SDV is still the plan to my knowledge. The above is basically a more detailed explanation of how SDV works.

As for credit checks and deposits, I don't handle those things, so I can't speak to that. I would recommend you call customer service for further info.
Os

join:2011-01-26
US
Reviews:
·Comcast

From the ABB perspective, there's no incentive to continue analog signals. It eliminates theft of basic cable, reduces truck rolls and the need for traps, and frees bandwidth to sell more expensive programming tiers and HD channels. Over time, you can turn the need for digital equipment into a revenue stream.

Just about every company has had little issue or trouble killing off analog cable once and for all, I don't know why ABB is so insistent on keeping antiquated technology alive.

I don't know what they're waiting on in Altoona/Johnstown to do anything, I would think they have to be hemorrhaging subscribers left and right to the dishes due to high prices and the lack of offerings, plus the general trend for most legacy cable companies to be losing customers right now. I know they've been losing a ton here in Cumberland, and that's with a lineup that's a little more competitive, and has some unique positioning with the increased local channels from 3 different markets.
redpenguin

united state

1 edit

ABBJason, do you know if the plans for Altoona/JTown are for requiring DTAs on all TVs or not?

Basically what I mean is, do you know if they plan to encrypt all digital simulcasts or the digital-only versions if they are shutting off the analog for this tier?

My buddy has an HDTV already and a ClearQAM capable TV tuner, and he would prefer not to get a CableCard or DTA for every single TV.

I am not sure what to tell him because ABB seems to make different decisions everywhere like Florida and Grasonville seem to have taken the non-forced DTA/CableCard route but some say Cumberland and I know Uniontown has not taken that route.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

I don't know for sure, but my understanding is the choice to use SDV instead of just going all digital was to avoid requiring DTA's for everyone.
redpenguin

united state

Oh ok, thank you.

Because my buddy and I, have seen the horror stories of Comcast and somewhat Time Warner, who apparently are currently giving customers major tech issues, bad picture, etc.
Os

US
Almost every company who started using SDV ended up going all-digital anyway, see Charter, Cablevision, Time Warner and Bright House.

Having an intermediary step only serves to make more customers angry, and still inconvenience them.
redpenguin

united state

1 edit
It appears that ABB in JTown is going to also get into ADS or Analog-Digital Simulcasting.

Though, they must still be setting it up, as it doesn't appear that they have every channel setup to do this.

Also the various channels they did setup (Limited Basic) did take at least a week to work properly. (They were freezing, no sound on some at first, and some even had the wrong audio track).

It is to be seen if they are going to simulcast all of the Value channels or not.
redpenguin

united state

2 edits
Not sure what's going on with ABB but they are offering TiVos which supposedly do not have an analo tuner, yet they don't seem to have fully simulcasted every single Value channel.

They already are sending advertisements out for TiVo service.

Not sure how TiVo folks will see all the channels then until they simulcast every single analog. (So far they mainly only have Limited Basic on simulcast, unless you count Insp).

Or is ABB going to put an analog tuner into their version of the TiVo just like they did with their digital boxes for years?

»www.atlanticbb.com/sites/all/the···uide.pdf

Page 24 says:

"You may be trying to access an antenna or analog cable channel. The TiVo T6 DVR, Tivo Mini, or TiVo Preview does not receive analog channels."
ShadezeRO

join:2006-04-24
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Filtering & Throttling

Hi All,

Anyone else in Miami (or other area's) seeing throttling & filtering lately?
In the last 2 weeks I've noticed that I can't download anything past 22KB/sec via SFTP from any of my overseas servers.

Also, I've noticed IRC connections being reset on connect.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: Filtering & Throttling

I am not aware of any filtering or throttling we do for any connection type. We don't monitor traffic nor do we restrict usage. I would investigate technical problems, starting with a trace route to whatever servers you are experiencing issues with.
ShadezeRO

join:2006-04-24
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Re: Filtering & Throttling

Hi,

Looks like there's some odd issue where all my traffic is being routed through AT&T due to some outage.

Looks like I'm peering with Cogentco/Atlas.
TraceRoute: »i.imgur.com/q2XvMl7.jpg

When trying to connect to any server overseas:
It seems to go through ATT at the last hop which suggests Cogent are trying to route around some issue with the ISP. The ISP only seems to peer with ATT and Cogent: »bgp.he.net/AS12035

Also, my VPN connection to even my office in North Miami is terrible.

Timshow

@bombardier.com

Possible expansion

Is there any possibilities that Atlantic Broadband is planning an expansion of service in the Fayette county Pa area this summer?

some1uknow

@atlanticbb.net

Re: Possible expansion

If by expansion you mean add more HD channels, I surely hope so. It's embarrassing that in Uniontown, PA we don't have AMC in HD. Only the biggest cable channel out there, with the biggest cable TV show (The Walking Dead, of course), and yet no HD. It makes no sense to me. Anyone know why? We have every major channel in HD except that one. I'd also like to have FXX at all, let alone in HD.
JimmyK814

join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

TiVo questions

I was curious on how Atlantic Broadband's TiVo setup is being deployed.

From what I understand, the current modem or phone modem is replaced by a new modem with specific Moca capabilities and wireless capabilities.

What I am wondering is how does this impact an existing home network? Is the Moca network independent of the existing LAN using a customers router, or does it bridge to connect the two? Can I still use my own wireless router? Can I still connect to my IP address from outside of my home and VPN to my computer? Does this new modem act as a built in router and prevent this type of connectivity?

I'm guessing there is a point of entry filter on the coax line to prevent the network from bleeding out to the neighborhood.

Just curious on the specifics.
redpenguin

united state

Re: TiVo questions

It may be better to get an actual ABB Tech's response but this is as far I understand it from researching what MoCA is.

It appears that it should not "harm" your home network at all, as the "normal" modem freq (Ch 101-108) would not be touched.

Supposedly MoCA uses freq ranges on the cable that normally would never be used, this way it doesn't screw up normal TVs without MoCA devices connected to the coxial.

This leads me to believe any of the equipment you are currently using except obviously the modem should not change in any way and you should be able to continue using them as if nothing changed.

Though my question is, if you are like myself and purchased a modem (SB641) how would you get a TiVo using your owned modem?

I still don't understand how TiVo is in the JTown/Altoona area when it doesn't appear that every single analog-to-digital simulcast channel (mainly Value) is completed yet and they have no analog tuners.
JimmyK814

Altoona, PA

I didn't realize the T6 didn't have an analog tuner. That is pretty curious. I also have a SiliconDust cablecard tuner. I'll have to check that out tonight and see what comes back digital now.
redpenguin

united state

2 edits

ABB themselves states it's Digital Only:

»www.atlanticbb.com/sites/all/the···uide.pdf

Page 24

"You may be trying to access an antenna or analog cable channel. The TiVo T6 DVR, Tivo Mini, or TiVo Preview does not receive analog channels."

So this is why I am so confused. I mean they do have Limited Basic simulcasted now, but I doubt if you are spending extra for the TiVo you don't only want Limited Basic, LoL.

Also we don't obviously have a digital HD version of every single analog that's not in digital yet, so not sure how they would get Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, truTV, etc.

Looks like ABB's got some "splanin" (Ricky Ricardo) to do, LoL.

But either way JimmyK814 I am totally interested in your results. I've have no one I know personally with a CableCard to see what's available with it, only "ClearQAM" tuner folks. Also if you can provide Channel Num/Freq, that would be totally awesome.
JimmyK814

Altoona, PA

Well, I checked last night. Limited Basic is in the clear with a digital/analog simulcast, along with a few channels higher up on the lineup. 23-75 is also present, but they are encrypted and hidden away along with the most of the digtial tier above 100. Every channel is now digital. Seems like the Cisco boxes are already pointing to the digital versions since Dolby Digital Plus lights up on my receiver on the value channels where it didn't before.

At least I can get rid of my analog tuner card and a splitter now.

Hopefully they force some people off analog and use the bandwidth savings for some more HD. The HD lineup is so poor right now, it's hard to believe people aren't defecting left and right for satellite if they're interested in anything beyond basic cable.

I didn't see an easy way to create a channel/frequency list. I can see them one at a time in some configuration screens, but no easy export. The QAM's are curiously combined with no real disernable pattern to them.
redpenguin

united state

3 edits

Wow, I guess you really do need a CableCard then to get all of the simulcasts.

To give a nice output you can do this:

In a command prompt:

1. cd "c:\Program Files\Silicondust\HDHomeRun"

2. hdhomerun_config.exe discover

3. hdhomerun_config.exe DEVICE_ID_HERE 0 scan output.txt

(I would just attach the txt after vs pasting it on the forum).

(I use that method for my buddy's HDHomeRun Prime to give us a nice dump for diagnostics or what have you.)

My buddy has the HDHomeRun Premier (You most likely have this unit) and he was hoping to not to have to get a CableCard, but it's better than nothing at all and at least he even has said option.

I guess this explains the TiVo mystery I had.

I thought since some folks in Cumberland reported Value not encrypted they would do it here as well, but guess not.

What I don't understand is, I took a look at the QAM freq's and it didn't appear there were enough encrypted channels for them all to be there once you subtracted how many would be needed for "normal" digital.
JimmyK814

Altoona, PA

What are you hoping to accomplish with the information out of curiosity?
redpenguin

united state

1 edit

Well technically, I can't do much with the info.

It was more of a curiosity thing as a radio scanner guy, as to see how they were able to fit all of the channels on such a tight line with all of the analogs.

But mainly I am trying to see why when I count the total number of encrypted channels, subtract digital tier, and known unencrypted, it didn't seem there was enough room for all of the simulcasts.
JimmyK814

Altoona, PA

I understand. I'm the same, also into radio and various technologies. Sometimes you just want to know how it works

What I think is interesting is they could completely overhaul the system to make it one of the best without increasing the bandwidth of the system. If they would just phase out the older STB's that didn't support MPEG4, they could create H.264 streams of all the channels and squeeze in a considerable amount more. If you look at a MPEG2 channel and watch the bit rate and amount of data consumed (especially HD) it's amazing that they can squeeze in what they already have.

The newer cisco boxes support MPEG4 and I imagine the TiVo does even though that info is hard to come by.
redpenguin

united state

2 edits

Yea MPEG2 I always felt was a waste of space/bandwidth but it's use for everything it seems.

Also it doesn't seem that SDV is in use quite yet.

At least I haven't heard folks having to get tuning adapters yet unless they install them auto with TiVos.

EDIT: Another reason I was curious also was, you can't even call ABB for more info. They tried telling me every channel including "Limited Basic" was encrypted and the channels in 90.xxx were from other the air or from "another cable company"? LoL. (I asked because to find out how much per month the CableCard cost which was $2/mo).

They acted like they had no clue what a HDHomeRun Prime was, and asked do a I want a TV or TiVo CableCard, LoL.
NetLarry

join:2007-03-18
Johnstown, PA
There is no SDV used, whether Tivo or not.

Upon Tivo installation, a MOCA filter is installed at the ingress to the house, blocking interaction outside the residence.

The HDHomeRun Prime will require a cablecard from ABB. OnDemand functionality will not be available for that type of setup, but all channels in your package will be available.

••••••••
redpenguin

united state
On a side note, anybody know if Grasonville, MD or Florida has gone 100% encrypted with their Value package?
wml1950

join:2014-03-17
usa

Have ABB in Miami. It is not 100% encrypted. Most channels below 100 are transmitted from coax cable directly into tv. I do not know what happens when using Tivo directly with ABB. I use a retail Tivo box.
redpenguin

united state

1 edit

Makes you wonder if ABB would encrypt or not in JTown once we went all-digital.

Testing my Uniontown buddy's cable, I was only seeing Limited Basic ClearQAM, so it seems to be similar to Johnstown. Yet I bet being a 550MHZ system does really have a say in that where you probably can not too efficiently trap it.

some1uknow

@atlanticbb.net

Anyone have Tivo through ABB?

I think it might be available in my area, but I'm a little confused as to which box they are using. The highest package says Tivo Premier, but it also says 6 tuners and 1,000 hours recording time, which I thought was only available on the newer Roamio boxes. The Premier line are the older boxes and are only supposed to be able to record up to 4 shows at once. Which box are they using and how much extra is the service? Let me know if it's any good, or is it better to buy one through Tivo? Thanks! »www.atlanticbb.com/for-home/bund···ple-play

•••••
Bmac1024

join:2011-11-09
Cumberland, MD

Twitch tv buffering

Hello, i live in cumberland md and have the 30/3 internet, speeds are fine but twitch.tv buffers nonstop really bad at around 5pm till about 1 am, I've spoke with ABB they said they see nothing wrong and ive spoken with twitch staff and he says to post here and ask if you guys have this issue.. i use to be able to have like 5 streams open on source without buffering now like medium buffers nonstop. But if i use a vpn it fixes it?.. and twitch staff said they do not distinguish their traffic differently
Os

US
Reviews:
·Comcast

Re: Twitch tv buffering

I've never used twitch.tv, but I also live in Cumberland and have the 30/3 internet, so I'm willing to try and see how it works for me here.

I've not seen any problems with the site on my end, so it may be node congestion for you. With that said, I'm amazed that people actually watch other people game. I can't imagine anything more mind-numbing, but to each their own.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA
I regularly use twitch with our service, it works fine. I know some people online have various issues with twitch. A lot of people attribute it to their player, I don't know. We can certainly test your connection, do a ping test, speedtest etc.
mfryd

join:2010-04-25
Miami Beach, FL

Problem with multiple Static IP Addresses

I have 8 static IP addresses and a CM820A cable modem.
The CM820A connects to an Ethernet Switch (not a router), and there are 8 devices hanging off the switch. Each has been assigned one of our static IP addresses.

The problem is that the CM820A won't talk to more than 3 or 4 of the devices. The others can't even ping the modem. If I plug/unplug the Ethernet from the CM820A it changes which machines can talk, but I can't get all of them to talk. I have had the CM820A replaced, and I replaced the switch.

Is there a limitation on how many devices can be attached to the CM820A?

What is the recommended configuration for using multiple static IP addresses?

•••••
JimmyK814

Altoona, PA

ABB Altoona PA - HD Channels

So letters went out late last year talking about HD additions in 2014. Earlier than that, the Altoona Mirror ran an article saying new channels were coming soon. One day I stopped in the local office and was told we would have at least 100 channels coming in early 2014.

Why is it when I call in to ask, no one is aware of ANY additional HD channels coming at all. I've asked several people from several departments.

Why is it that no one has this information? They've already made these statements, so why now pretend it was never said?

Did this just quietly go away hoping no one would notice, or do they just keep all of their employees in the dark?

I've been asking for years now.

•••••••••••••••••••
EnerJi

Miami Beach, FL

Plans for broadband speed increases?

Any plans for increased broadband speeds? Comcast and Time Warner have (or are in the process of) upgrading their standard plans to 50 Mbps Down / 10 Mbps up (5Mbps up in TWC's case). Some of the other larger cable providers are similarly upgrading their standard plans to the 50-60 Mbps range.

I'd be particularly interested to hear of any plans to increase upload speeds (upstream channel bonding, anyone?)

Thanks!

••••••••

orefalo

@204.16.76.x

FIXED: Corrupted downloads with SBG 6580

Thanks to this thread »[Internet] I fixed my corrupted downloads! No more CRC, MD5

I finally fixed my issues with this modem on the Atlantic broadband network. The issue is indeed related to a firmware bug on the motorola modem. Only issue, it takes the carrier to push a better version. After numerous attempt, I decided to give up on the poor ABB customer support. Bought myself an AirPort Extreme and configured it in bridge mode. Problem is gone.

No more CRC error with the SBG 6580, no more video freeze. The connection finally feels as it should.

On a side note, I wish Atlantic would have let me upgrade the firmware - it would have saved me $200. Poor support.
EnerJi

Miami Beach, FL

Re: FIXED: Corrupted downloads with SBG 6580

That's disappointing. I had a similar issue on Comcast a few years back (modem firmware bug on my cable modem) and they upgraded the firmware for me, although if I recall correctly, phone support wasn't that helpful - I ended up posting in a support message board (possibly right here on DSL Reports) and one of their techs took care of it.

I would think this is standard practice for all cable providers.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA
Customers updating firmware on modems can lead to other problems. There are good reasons we don't let customers do it. That being said, if you care to provide more detailed information, I would be glad to send it along to someone who can take a closer look at it.

seinman

@152.51.48.x

uPnP on Cisco DPC3827?

I have Atlantic Broadband, and was provided with the Cisco DPC3827 modem/router. I need to turn on uPnP, and can't figure out how. I have tried logging in to the modem with the "default" information (leaving both user name and password field blank, according to the manual) but it says it's an invalid user name. Does anyone know how to do this?
NetLarry

join:2007-03-18
Johnstown, PA

Re: uPnP on Cisco DPC3827?

Login with "user" as the name and leave the password field blank.
phntm1975

join:2005-05-19

Anyone else suffering an ABB VoIP outage?

No dial tone for at least 2 hours on Delmarva Peninsula...

••••••
medicdanrn25

join:2014-07-06
Mifflinburg, PA

Upgrade for Mifflinburg, PA??

I have the 15Mb speed in Mifflinburg, PA. Getting somewhere between 3 and 15 Mb downloads. My Motorola SB6141 modem is getting some uncorrectable code word errors. I believe this is interfering with my ASA VPN box with a VOIP phone from being useable (the phone breaks up on receive but transmit is good). Technical support says that their system is overloaded and I just need to wait for a system upgrade. After several months I am getting impatient.
Anyone with any experience with a Cisco ASA 5505 box and Atlantic Broadband??
Thanks.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: Upgrade for Mifflinburg, PA??

There are issues in Mifflinburg, and I would imagine that if you have talked to techs and they've looked into the problem then your VPN connectivity problems are most likely related to the speed/network issues in Mifflinburg. I understand your frustration, but we have not been given an ETA as to when they expect to resolve this problem.

dhave

@72.28.227.x

Will ABB add the new SEC Network?

I haven't been able to find out. Thanks.

•••••

Timshow

@74.200.4.x

Are ABB Planning any service expansion in Perryopolis- Fayette County Pa?

Just Wondering if anyone knows if ABB is planning to expand their current service areas? I am less than 1/2 mile from ABB service area (Right off of the main road) and am willing to pay for installation. I have several neighbors who are looking for service as well, but our township commissioners cannot get anything done with ABB concerning the holes in the service area. anyone can contact me at timothyshowalter@ymail.com
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: Are ABB Planning any service expansion in Perryopolis- Fayette County Pa?

Have you called and asked them to survey for new construction? If it is literally a 1/2 mile they may run wiring at your expense. However it is not cheap.

Timshow

@74.200.4.x

Re: Are ABB Planning any service expansion in Perryopolis- Fayette County Pa?

Thanks Jason, I will do just that.

Ms13

@216.189.181.x

New customer

Greetings, moving into area with only ABB. Sad, after hearing the headaches people have in Miami beach with ABB, and after seeing what I get with xfinity comcast.
Questions: does ABB have watchespn to use it as an app?
Does ABB have espngoal line?
What is ABB's highest internet speeds?
Thank you.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: New customer

We do not have an agreement with ESPN for WatchESPN or ESPN Goal Line.

We offer 110mbps in the Miami area. We also offer 75mbps, 30mbps, 8mbps, and 3mbps speeds. You can contact customer service for pricing at 888-536-9600.

wallywaffles

@209.222.18.x

throttling via dropped connection

If bittorrent goes over 600-800 kB/s the entire connection drops for a few minutes. This also happens when downloading updates for Xbox One or any other time connection gets maxed out. Anybody else notice this? My friends using ABB have same issue.
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: throttling via dropped connection

We do not use throttling. Your bandwidth is already rate limited to the maximum connection speed you pay for. We don't have a 2nd secret limit. You can use torrent clients all you like, however if you violate copyright and Atlantic Broadband receives a DMCA notice from a copyright holder, you may be contacted regarding it. If you feel you are having a connection problem, please feel free to contact our support toll free at 888-536-9600 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can fire up your download and we'll watch it together and see if anything out of the ordinary happens.
Ange

join:2013-08-26

Wifi Problems on one laptop

Ok i have the tivo service with the moca dpc3827 and at first my wifi would go up and down from 10 to 40 on a 75mbs connection, the tech said it was my laptops wifi card going bad so i just let it go till last week my speed dropped to 2 mpbs. First i bought a belkin usb adapter and no change and the tech told me that i needed to get a better on so i did i got a netgear n600 and still no change in speed. I formatted and installed windows 8.1 and downloaded all my drivers and now i get 8 mpbs and this is no matter what location im in. If i connect with a wire i get 75mpbs but wifi i get 8.25 give or take and 3.10 upload.
I also connected my netgear n600 router the modem that runs our phones and the same my speed doesn't change and i dont understand 2 usb adapters and my on board wifi are that bad or is it windows 8.1? Should i go back to windows 7 or is their a fix that i dont know about. They tech that came to the house had no idea and said he couldn't help cause their end was great.

••••••
Tasogare

join:2008-10-04
Carmichaels, PA
Reviews:
·Atlantic Broadband

ABB why are you blocking Gelbooru suddenly?!

So for the past few days I suddenly find myself unable to load any images on the rather popular imageboard site Gelbooru, which is very frustrating! Yes, the site is known for adult content, but there are literally thousands of legitimate images as well that I've found very useful for reference, etc. Suddenly I can't access them! And I'm aware it has to be ABB blocking the site because no one I know is having trouble loading the images, and they work fine if I go through a proxy. So what's the big deal? When did ABB get in the business of blocking adult websites? I don't appreciate it!
ABBJason

Altoona, PA

Re: ABB why are you blocking Gelbooru suddenly?!

We do not block any sites on the internet, irregardless of their content. If you are having a problem and would like technical support you are welcome to contact us toll free at 888-536-9600.

Skai

@24.224.107.x
It's not them. I can't load any images either.