dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

About..
some frequent posters..
mods
Welcome to DSLR's Breezeline Forum

An independently operated and maintained user community resource for the discussion of information, problems, solutions and questions related to Breezeline.

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

1 recommendation

icedcorn

Premium Member

Gigabit Internet is in NH! But....

So, I called and found out Gigabit speeds 1000 down 50 up are in NH...but:
1. It costs $40 more a month ($119/mo)
2. A DOCSIS 3.1 modem is required
3. You cannot bring your own modem. You must lease from AtlanticBB at an extra $10 a month.

So 4x the speed for $50 more a month....still drooling at 1000 down but man I guess you've got to really want it....especially if you already own your modem...
tripog
join:2018-12-18
Rochester, NH

tripog

Re: Gigabit Internet is in NH! But....

It's been a while, so I figured I would update with my experience since the fix. Since COVID-19 has slowed down, I have been back on the road with work and haven't had a ton of time to tinker, but I did find time to build an opnsense router which is a bit more capable.
Nick1
join:2008-11-08
Columbus, OH

Nick1

Youtube

Anyone in Columbus getting intermittent slow connection to youtube? Sometimes the page wont even load?

Looks like Breezeline is changing the path from what WOW had but they are sending traffic to Toronto for some reason and not stopping in Chicago.

Tracing route to youtube.com [172.217.0.174]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
  2    13 ms    12 ms    10 ms  dynamic-75-76-0-1.knology.net [75.76.0.1]
  3     8 ms     9 ms    10 ms  static-23-244-4-106.oh.cpe.breezeline.net [23.244.4.106]
  4    18 ms    21 ms    19 ms  static-23-244-4-14.oh.cpe.breezeline.net [23.244.4.14]
  5    20 ms    20 ms    19 ms  ae-26.r07.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [128.241.9.198]
  6    20 ms    21 ms    19 ms  ix-be-41.ecore1.ct8-chicago.as6453.net [206.82.141.174]
  7    19 ms    19 ms    20 ms  if-ae-44-2.tcore1.ct8-chicago.as6453.net [63.243.129.56]
  8    23 ms    19 ms    21 ms  72.14.220.158
  9    39 ms    26 ms    23 ms  108.170.243.174
 10    20 ms    23 ms    21 ms  142.251.231.67
 11    20 ms    22 ms    20 ms  yyz08s10-in-f174.1e100.net [172.217.0.174]

Nick1

1 edit

Nick1

Re: Youtube

I saw you looked into the OhioIX which is cool do you think you'll do that? It'd be nice to get 10-15ms to some AWS services

Could also dump Akamai and Facebook traffic there
redpenguin
join:2010-06-17
united state

redpenguin

Does noise happen in spurts?

I noticed something interesting lately with my newer modem.

Ever since I replaced my older Moto with a Netgear, I see a strange trend.

It seems my levels will be fine and I will get no correctables/uncorrectables for hours and nothing in the log either.

All the sudden like maybe 8 hrs later, I will get like 500 or 1000 correct/uncorrect but then nothing again for hours and nothing in the logs.

It seems to never affect anything but just curious why you get correct/uncorrect in spurts every once in a while.
redpenguin

redpenguin

Re: Does noise happen in spurts?

This issue is back somewhat in recent days.

1	Locked	QAM256	9	633.0	5.8	42.2	49672	13034
2	Locked	QAM256	1	585.0	5.0	42.5	125199	53061
3	Locked	QAM256	2	591.0	5.3	42.8	24338	9008
4	Locked	QAM256	3	597.0	5.5	37.7	103610	39151
5	Locked	QAM256	4	603.0	5.4	40.9	80235	26155
6	Locked	QAM256	5	609.0	5.7	42.8	70507	24496
7	Locked	QAM256	6	615.0	5.6	42.5	74068	22781
8	Locked	QAM256	7	621.0	5.9	42.6	16440	3304
9	Locked	QAM256	8	627.0	6.1	42.5	59868	17248
10	Locked	QAM256	12	651.0	6.4	41.9	12725	3249
11	Locked	QAM256	10	639.0	6.5	42.3	46673	11975
12	Locked	QAM256	11	645.0	6.1	42.2	43090	10447
13	Locked	QAM256	13	657.0	6.5	42.0	35210	7908
14	Locked	QAM256	14	663.0	6.4	41.7	34705	7772
15	Locked	QAM256	15	669.0	6.8	41.7	35026	7846
16	Locked	QAM256	16	675.0	6.6	40.6	26550	5042
Total	 	 	 	 	 	 	                        837916    262477

Luckily though, I don't notice a single issue.

I mean speed, ping, jitter, everything is great.

I noticed for days, it will stay at 0, 0 then occasionally grow over time, with some days having little to none.

Not that it matters in reality, like I said because it seems to affect nothing, I just find it interesting how it just comes and goes.

I noticed it's like two-way radio. Many days they can be excellent then other days sound kinda horrible.
millermmail
join:2023-08-02
King George, VA

millermmail to redpenguin

to redpenguin
Click for full size
Click for full size
FWIW I see this same sort of odd "spurts" on my modem (SB8200) too. I've had intermittent dropped connections for years...and everyone just makes BS excuses trying to debug it (e.g. one tech saw my homelab rack and blamed "too many things plugged in sucking the signal up" for the DOCSIS signals randomly varying wildly and spikes in errors at times).

I'm at a point everything between me and the tap has been replaced at least once...including multiple brands of modem, indoor lines (RG6 Quad Shield), all terminations, grounding block, street drop, tap/splitter they installed to fix "too high signal", and even the faceplate and jumper to the modem.

Although the problems no longer vary in direct correlation to outdoor temperatures, the signals seem to vary a lot thru the day and randomly have uncorrectable spikes that go up around the same time signals go high/low and SNR drops...though support claims its still "green" even when it dips into the high 20's (which Arris says is out of spec). I also seem to have pfSense randomly report some packet loss to upstream IPs and randomly lose connections (which is REALLY annoying trying to sync large files to a cloud server). But it seems any of these blips are too small for Breezeline's monitoring to pick up (a minute or less deviation) and they always say everything is fine.

I will give them that it hasn't gone *totally out* for a bit...but its still not as stable and reliable as it was back before Atlantic Broadband bought out Metrocast here.

Attached a screenshot of some of the stats I see, I wrote a script to scrape the modem stats so I could monitor them over time more easily. Today was actually fairly good as far as the mediocre service goes.
redpenguin
united state

redpenguin

I guess I am somewhat lucky in this former Charter/TWC/other area of Johnstown.

I normally do get my full speed 24/7 of 100/10 and normally don't get outages.

They used to have much worse signal in my area but one day they "split the mode" here and it seems way better. I'm guessing the node was overloaded.

The issue I more so see now though is, based on BL's Wifi Your Way and some consumer owned routers, my area's 2.4GHZ basically seems dead.

I use Wired for anything important and 5GHZ for streaming and both get full speed with WiFi-N or WiFi-AC.

I have a few cheap and smart devices that will only do 2.4GHZ and they work good enough but during the day, it can go as low as 20mbit-30mbit and night is like 50mbit-70mbit, no matter what settings you apply.
redpenguin

redpenguin

I noticed oddly here, every time it rains and/or thunder&lightning here, the numbers will skyrocket.

Like 10,000+ on both corrected/uncorrected.

Luckily it never seems to cause any noticeable effects on speed, ping, etc.
markcart
Premium Member
join:2003-04-24
Columbus, OH

4 edits

1 recommendation

markcart

Premium Member

Thanks for the Improvements

I've been a WOW/Breezeline customer in Columbus, OH for well over 10 years and haven't had a need for a Tech visit. That's pretty good! During the last couple of years I did get short duration disconnects that always resolved themselves after a T4 timeout showed in the log. These I suppose were a result of the poor signal levels which I checked occasionally. Anywhere from just 1 to 10 days was common for modem uptime. Also, the cable modem system time was not correct(not simply time zone), and like others the assigned IP address/location issues were bothersome. Things are much better in my neighborhood. Everything I previously mentioned has been "fixed". It's nice to see that some dedicated, knowledgeable representatives are active in this forum. Thanks for that and at last check the cable modem has been up for 126 days!

(edits: increased cable modem uptime)
ifarted
join:2019-11-16
Galloway, OH

ifarted

Re: Thanks for the Improvements

I second this, I just switched back after my Spectrum deal expired and the experience is night and day from when I had WOW a year ago. I consistently get 800mbps on gig, dropped packets are way down and haven't had a single outage in 3 weeks.

Anoneaa0e
@174.208.32.x

1 recommendation

Anoneaa0e

Anon

I don’t think people realized how badly WOW neglected every single aspect of their infrastructure.

There’s still a LONG ways to go, and I know it sounds like all talk, but I promise people that internally there is an extremely heavy focus on making the customers experience better across the entire footprint. The newish President is probably one of the best things to happen. He cares about customers a LOT, or at least everything we do makes it seem like it.

The coax plant is still the biggest problem, but that department is working on it as fast as they can given the cost involved.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

Body Count

If they can get fiber to my door then I'll be happy. AT&T, Breezeline, Spectrum... I don't care who. First company to get fiber to my door will get and KEEP my business.
FoxMike
join:2015-11-19
Canal Winchester, OH

1 recommendation

FoxMike

said by Body Count:

If they can get fiber to my door then I'll be happy. AT&T, Breezeline, Spectrum... I don't care who. First company to get fiber to my door will get and KEEP my business.

Spectrum has started some FTTH overbuild in existing Columbus systems.

Anonb0207
@75.118.112.x

Anonb0207

Anon

Security Status is Disabled?

I have Breezeline Ohio (formerly Wow) and recently swapped out modems to an Arris S33. The Security status for the modem says "disabled" with a comment of "disabled". I thought previously it was BPI+, but am not positive. Can anyone confirm whether this is normal? Or if not, how to fix? Arris and Breezeline tier one support both pointed fingers at each other without even, I think, understanding what I was asking. Does disabled mean no BPI?
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count

Re: Security Status is Disabled?

It's disabled for me as well. CM1000v2

But don't rely on your modem for any security. That's the job of your router to stop any attacks.
redpenguin
united state

1 recommendation

redpenguin

said by Body Count:

It's disabled for me as well. CM1000v2

But don't rely on your modem for any security. That's the job of your router to stop any attacks.

Technically the BPI was meant to stop other coaxial customers from basically "sniffing" the QAMs like you wod sniff for packets.

I'm not sure how likely that is these days especially since almost everything is SSL.
jrble819
join:2010-01-22
Cumberland, MD

jrble819 to Anonb0207

to Anonb0207
It's been a bit longer than a year, but yes, they disabled it (presumably intentionally). I've reported the fact that it is disabled to the Breezeline compliance/security/privacy team last summer and have been assured multiple times that their engineers are working to resolve the issue as well as the associated severe security and privacy holes that I've uncovered related to this. I actually ended up submitting a formal complaint to the FCC which made it to the highest levels of Breezeline compliance, but here we are today with the same security holes still open and BPI+ still disabled.
redpenguin
united state

2 edits

1 recommendation

redpenguin to Anonb0207

to Anonb0207
I think I maybe figured out why BPI is actually disabled.

Comcast had a giant list of modems that they said are basically outdated to the point that their 10-year DOCSIS Cert is expiring as they aren't being given new firmware with new certs.

»www.xfinity.com/support/ ··· fication

I still had one modem that was similar on their list to the “maybe” section.

At DOCSIS.org, some techs who run CMTS's were chatting about it and I saw them mention that it's all avoided with BPI off, and the modems all continue to work.

It makes me think that BL figured, just keep the money flow from folks with old modems that still technically work just fine then deal with CSRs getting flooded by folks all disconnected. BL usually doesn't like touching the FW on Consumer Owned Equipment also to fix it.
jrble819
join:2010-01-22
Cumberland, MD

4 recommendations

jrble819 to Anonb0207

to Anonb0207
The biggest problem I've found is that it leaves the DOCSIS network open to browsing. Once you find the internal IP subnet of the DOCSIS subnet you can run IP scans and find other modems, load the web interface, login (if they left the default password), change or view people's wifi settings (for router models), find on-the-pole DOCSIS equipment like AlphaNet signal monitoring equipment (which they've left with the default un/pw by the way). If you ask me, that's a major major security hole.

This led me to file a complaint with the FCC which prompted a call from the the Breezeline compliance team over a year ago with no follow up, and the holes still there.
millermmail
join:2023-08-02
King George, VA

millermmail

said by jrble819:

leaves the DOCSIS network open to browsing. Once you find the internal IP subnet of the DOCSIS subnet you can run IP scans and find other modems, load the web interface, login

I'm curious about this...you mean something different than just the public IP your modem is passing thru to the PC/Router?

I didn't think that modems exposed the config to the WAN-side...but now I'm curious if there is something different like other "hidden" interfaces that could be leaking...idk what...that I might want to be aware of?

Anonbc724
@65.175.128.x

4 recommendations

Anonbc724

Anon

Redpenguin nailed it. Its all about older modems and expired certificates. Except its more about ones customer's own. We ship out new modems to customers and they stay in the box in their closet never installed. Trying to get them to swap them out is very hard.

It does allow someone to 'sniff' the coax and see other traffic on that service group, but as was correctly stated above thats becoming a non issue with all of the SSL use. It was a bigger issue in the 'old days' with layer 2 services over DOCSIS (BSOD) and when nothing as encrypted.

As for browsing private modem space, it does nothing to facilitate that except from making it slightly easier to determine with the scope that is used for modems because you could sniff. However a scanner can figure that out quite quickly already, so it doesn't change that risk.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

OSUGoose

Self Install still sends a Contractor who causes Property Damage

Click for full size
New line ran
Click for full size
Spectrum NID, but why is the new wire going to this
Click for full size
That's why!
G4 Dome (Gar···.mp4.zip
4,632,951 bytes
Since were bad at our job lets do some property damage too!
G4 Dome (Gar···.mp4.zip
3,152,697 bytes
And lets hit some trash cans too!

Regret ever placing a order with this company when they did this:
BZL_Engineer
join:2022-12-21
Hollidaysburg, PA

BZL_Engineer

Re: Self Install still sends a Contractor who causes Property Damage

Good morning, I will send a DM for your account information and request one of our local contacts to give you a call.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Update: I've canceled all services today, esp since no one has reached out and this overall install Charley Foxtrot experience.
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
Definately a sloppy install but i'm not sure if i'd go as far as property damage, as all they did was add a grounding block inside of Spectrum's NID.

I would ask they come back and place their own NID on the side of the house in case I'd need to swap back to Spectrum, and would like to keep lines seperate.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Did you look at the 2 videos?
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152

said by OSUGoose:

Did you look at the 2 videos?

I did not see those on my phone for some reason.. Definately a valid complaint there.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

No worries. Im not a typical Ken about things unless its warranted.
brad152
Chicago, IL

brad152

I'd file an FCC complaint and get it over with so corporate gets back to you, then it's better documented.
BZL_Engineer
Hollidaysburg, PA

BZL_Engineer to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
We apologize for not seeing your DM sooner, we have sent over your complaint with the picture/video to our local TechOPs teams, who should be contacting you today.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Never happened. Even if my cell phone never rang from your call, I still would have gotten a voicemail.

If I had a clearer picture of the contractors truck, I would of filed hit and run charges, but he knew that since Ohio no longer requires a front license plate.

Cbusdude
join:2017-03-03
Pickerington, OH
Netgear RAX200
Technicolor ET2251

Cbusdude

said by OSUGoose:

If I had a clearer picture of the contractors truck, I would of filed hit and run charges, but he knew that since Ohio no longer requires a front license plate.

Have you checked with any of your neighbors to see if any of them possibly caught a license plate or anything on their video doorbells/security cameras? It is definitely unfortunate that you haven't gotten any help on this, I'd also say if you haven't already do like Brad said and file an FCC complaint.

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

OSUGoose

Latest Update:

Finally heard from the "Contract Holder" of this contractor and have sent over the relevant details to get reimbursed.

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

Wifi 6

Anyone getting Wifi 6E Plume pod extenders? I reached out via email and was told they only have Wifi 5, which is kinda lame to pay for 1 gig but only get 1/2 that on wifi...I have eero in the meantime but still paying for a modem and wifi your way, which kinda sucks.
anobix
join:2010-03-01
Columbus, OH

anobix

Re: Wifi 6

As far as I know you're fully allowed to use your own modem if you wanted to avoid those extra costs.
BZL_Engineer
Hollidaysburg, PA

BZL_Engineer

Re: Wifi 6

As it stands, we currently do not offer a WiFI 6 or 6E Plume soultion. However, we are actively evaluating both WiFI 6 & 6E.
rt48
join:2022-11-16
North Olmsted, OH

rt48

Traffic from my home network being blocked

Scanner manufacturer Uniden is located in Texas. Certain models of scanners come with a program that uses ftp to update firmware and also to update a database the program uses. A couple weeks ago I started getting an error message that the server wasn't responding. The program tries to access ftp.homepatrol.com. I can access other ftp sites like ftp.adobe.com.

Uniden also has a product registration web site my.uniden.com. I can't get to that anymore either. Both my.uniden.com and ftp.homepatrol.com have the same IP address. My trace routes stop at a Level 3 router in Dallas.

I just took my laptop to the local library and had no problem accessing both servers. So I guess I am curious if only my network IP (74.81.198.XXX) is being blocked or is the blockage more extensive than that.

If others on Breezeline can see the web server my.uniden.com, I guess it is just my network.

••••

OSUGoose
Columbus, OH

1 recommendation

OSUGoose

FYI Blendon Woods Area

Click for full size
Click for full size

•••••••••••••••
Milalwi
join:2022-09-23
Hilliard, OH

Milalwi

Network issues downstream?

I had been experiencing unusual issues with network connections:

YouTube live videos not loading, or loading with a delay.

Being dropped repeatably from an online game.

Connections having significant latency.

I do not think this is related to my local connection, as it has not shown any significant packet loss.

An MTR to the game server shows this:

Running mtr  -w -c 100 -i 1 198.20.200.1:

Start: 2023-05-03T20:37:16-0400
HOST:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx                   Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
  1.|-- ???                                       100.0   100    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
  2.|-- static-23-244-4-100.oh.cpe.breezeline.net  0.0%   100    9.0   9.3   7.4  15.7   1.9
  3.|-- static-23-244-4-46.oh.cpe.breezeline.net   0.0%   100    8.3   9.7   7.8  17.0   1.9
  4.|-- static-23-244-4-36.oh.cpe.breezeline.net   0.0%   100   13.5  13.8  11.9  22.6   1.7
  5.|-- d-23-244-5-32.oh.cpe.breezeline.net        0.0%   100   18.9  20.2  18.3  29.9   2.0
  6.|-- ???                                       100.0   100    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
  7.|-- be2124.ccr41.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com      0.0%   100   18.6  21.9  18.4  73.4   8.3
  8.|-- be2765.ccr41.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com      0.0%   100   56.2  23.7  18.7  86.9  11.6
  9.|-- level3.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com            0.0%   100   24.1  25.1  18.8  60.6   7.8
 10.|-- 4.69.210.141                              62.0%   100   39.3  39.6  38.0  46.4   1.9
 11.|-- ???                                       100.0   100    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
 12.|-- 198.20.200.1                               0.0%   100   40.5  41.7  39.6  51.4   2.3

I am ignoring anything with 100% packet loss, as I assume this is due to them ignoring the packets. However, (4.69.210.141) having 60% packet loss seems suspicious to me.

(4.69.210.141) seems to be a Level3 site.

I am located in Ohio near Hilliard.

•••
thana216
join:2018-12-25
Bay Village, OH

thana216

Constant outages in the 12-3AM timeperiod

I am in Bay Village, OH and drop randomly between 12AM and 3AM for anywhere from 3-30 minutes once every couple of days.

Complete internet outage where the modem will not connect upstream and keeps cycling. The tech on the phone said he could see my modem communicating and not getting a response. This has been happening for over a year, been with WOW/Breezeline for about 5 years now. The techs find nothing wrong with the line every single time. I keep telling them it has to be the node. (I have internal ticket numbers). Anyone else experience this?

••••••
cookem
join:2002-01-24
Maple Heights, OH

1 recommendation

cookem

Stream TV m3u url

I just received a letter from breezeline that my current video service will not available after 6/30 and that i need to switch to stream tv. I currently use HDHomerun prime with cable card with emby server to get the video to my TVs via Roku and do not use their cable boxes.

It looks like their app is only on firetv and appletv and this creates a problem for my current setup. I was wondering if anyone had any success obtaining the m3u url so it could be used in the emby server (or other application) and then I would not have to use their app and change my whole setup.

•••••••••••

vetter
join:2003-03-29
Columbus, OH

vetter

New to me SB8200 - lots of correctable on CH 29 and no lock channel 31

Click for full size
8200.pdf
255,610 bytes
I had been having some random disconnects with my previous SB8183. I'm on a legacy 100/8 plan, but was told I needed to upgrade my modem. So based on the recommended list, I got an SB8200. Seems to have improved but...on channel 29 it is locked, but have a lot of correctable and channel 31 is not locked. I also see that the blue light for down is lit (3.1) but not for up, still green (3.0). Normal? Something wrong with my modem?
Modem is V4.

I've attached the status for reference, can post others as needed.

P.S. Tried chatting and "Grace" just ended the chat when I asked about modem issues. another rep "John Renz" also said he couldn't help and just ended the session. Tried calling but wait time was over 45 mins.

••••
amh9876
join:2003-01-12
Strongsville, OH

amh9876

Getting frustrated with Breezeline reliability

I'm in NE Ohio (Strongsville) I was a longtime WoW customer (since ~'05?). Then was xferred to Breezeline with the sale/whatever happened. Uptime/reliability with Breezeline has been... sketchy, especially the last few weeks.

I WFH full time and lost half a day of work last week because the internet was out. Lost it again 3 times over the last 5 days. Outages are never shown on the website but Chat always confirms the outage.

Last night around 10:45pm and again today around 2:00pm or so.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to better approach Breezeline? Whomever I connect with on Chat is completely unhelpful and I have never gotten any follow-up on any outage report. Seriously considering another provider though we don't have much of a selection here. Slower but stable internet is better than spotty internet.

••••••••••
frickeyd
join:2021-11-20
Columbus, OH

frickeyd

TCP connections hanging since Thursday

Hi everyone, just came here to report this issue in hopes that someone from Breezeline's networking team might see it.

I've been having trouble with my Breezeline connectivity in Columbus since Thursday. Web sites are not fully loading, timeouts, etc. It has gotten a somewhat better since Thursday, but still seeing problems. At this point, I can reload pages to get them working, but something is not right. While most resources on web pages seem to load quickly, a few of them will take up to a minute to load. There are different resources hung each time on the page, no clear problem destination.

Speedtests look great once they get going, but also have the same connection hangs getting the page loaded to start them. I am not seeing any packet loss to any of the destinations, even if I increase the packet size.

Trying to use telnet requests from my router to any destination ("telnet google.com 443", for instance) will result in hangs about 10% of the time. The TCP connection attempts just don't get a response. The exception here is if I try Breezeline's DNS servers ("telnet 173.44.120.52 53") which work 100% of the time.

I've been through the usual troubleshooting with tech support, and they are dispatching a tech on Tuesday, per their standard process. I don't think this is a problem with my modem as I would expect to see packet loss/slow speedtests, not specific TCP connection failures. Also since I never see the failure to Breezeline's DNS servers, I think that also points away from the problem being anything on my side.

Any help is much appreciated!

••••••••••••••

Anonb4e52
@23.245.195.x

Anonb4e52

Anon

15.99 modem rental - Can I buy my own?

Am I able to buy my own modem?

Any recommendations or reasons to stay with the rental?

I’m on the 200 mbps plan.

••••••••
JWort93
join:2017-07-11

JWort93

Cut Aerial Line Repair Question - Is this repair okay?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
This past Saturday I accidentally nicked the aerial drop for my Breezeline internet connection while trimming a bush, and I had someone from Breezeline (actually I'm pretty sure they were a contractor, not a direct Breezeline employee) come out earlier this morning for a repair. Instead of replacing the whole drop, they put new coax connections on each side of the nick and used a coupler to rejoin. The internet connection is working again, but I'm concerned about the long term strength of the repair, and whether or not this was the proper way to fix it, instead of a whole new drop from the pole. Are the couplers rated for outdoor use? I assume the compression fittings, and lack of a messenger wire on the new part of cable that now connects to the house also weakens the structural integrity of the drop, no?

Just curious if I should be concerned with this repair or not.

••••••••
Tasogare5
join:2008-10-04
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

Increasingly unstable internet out of Uniontown, and worse customer service?

Has anyone else outside of Uniontown been having multiple outages in the past week? Since the 27th alone I've had entire days where it decides to just boot me offline every 10 or so minutes, and Twitter support has been next to useless. Then between the two there's been yet another full area outage for hours as well.

On top of all this, I don't know if they changed Twitter support since changing to Breezeline, but 9/10 times I get contact it's useless. The first time repeating disconnects happened I spent an entire day arguing with someone who claimed my 100mbps connection didn't support our devices in a smart home (security cameras, light bulbs, home assistants, the usual), even though we've been using them for years, including while on a connection with half this bandwidth. Eventually I just gave up replying to whoever it was because all they kept saying was my connection wasn't strong enough over and over like a jackass trying to just upsell our service, not support anything.

Besides that though, the Twitter barely even responds most of the time. Today's issues have been going on since noon, and I managed to get one reply hours after it started, another at 6pm, and then absolutely no further communication by now at 2:30am. It's basically nonexistent, despite their "Tweets 24/7" bio.

••••••••••
cgar
join:2006-06-26
Lewis Center, OH

cgar

Upgraded from 100 to 200 mbps

Highest Speedtest I can get is only in the 90’s.

How can I tell if my speed was actually upgraded?

•••••
redpenguin
united state

redpenguin

DOCSIS 3.1 modems for non-gig packages and Hitron CODA56?

If you only have the 100, 200, or 500mbit packages, does Breezeline support you using a DOCSIS 3.1 modem?

Also, only the Hitron CODA is on Breezeline's list, but what about it's sister, the 2.5GB version, the Hitron CODA56?

I tried asking on their web chat, but they didn't seem to really know much about modem models, at least non ARRIS/Motorola ones.

I know it may seem silly at first to upgrade but I'm being offered a DOCSIS 3.1 modem but not sure if it will work with my 100mbit plan or not.

•••••••••
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next