dslreports logo
site
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
forum logo About
Acanac - open discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum by proposing it in site feedback.
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next
dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada

Zazeen Availability

Is Zazeen TV going to go "Live" soon or is it going to remain in BETA testing for a while? Is the service area going to expand soon? I live in between London and Woodstock Ontario so just outside the service area.

Fergless
Premium
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON
kudos:1

Re: Zazeen Availability

»community.zazeen.com/viewtopic.p···tart=150
Still on track for Ontario boxes December 15, 2013.
dmbcanada

join:2009-06-01
Canada

Ok Thanks. Are the service areas going to grow in the near future?

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

chall2k56

join:2007-10-03
Edmonton, AB
Zazeen will start applying for more areas to operate in the near future, it will be up the the CRTC as to when they can start offering service to more areas
trowakage

join:2013-12-17

At my wits end with daily drop-outs and poor line stats after line upgrade

I am pretty much at my wits end with Acanac after experiencing daily dropouts lasting entire nights for the last 2 months.

After the huge electrical storm over the summer I had noticed that the connection speed was getting slower and slower, down to 1.5M by the time I called in to tech support.

They suggest a "legacy line upgrade" as a way to get Bell to look at the line. The upgrade process seemed to go fine. A technician did something to the box outside, another technician later came inside to install a POTS splitter in the basement and for that brief night I got an 11M connection (I was using a Speedtouch 516).

This was mid-Oct and ever since that night I have not had a day where the line remain sync'd the whole day, usually it'll drop out around 8PM until morning. Even when it does sync it's 5M/0.3M with SNR's in the low single digits and attenuation in the mid-to-high 20's (up and down).

Here are the tech support suggestions that I have tried so far that haven't helped:

• replaced all the modem cables (network and telephone)

• connecting the modem directly to the POTS splitter in the basement

• bypassing the splitter (I hooked it up to the "line" jack on the splitter rather than the "DSL" jack, and I've connected it to another jack in the house which isn't connected to the splitter at all)

• replace the modem (the 516 is still tested working at my parents, who have 6M service from Teksavvy, but I bought a new TD-8616 to troubleshoot)

• request a Bell support ticket when it didn't sync at all for 4 days straight (tech came, never rang the doorbell to come in, note on file does says he fixed an issue, but now it's just back to nightly dropouts)

• request a profile downgrade (apparently it can't go any lower than 5M)

And now I'm told to try the modem at the Bell box outside and call them so they can look at the stats live, when it's a blizzard.

I will try to make that happen but I'm not hopeful. I've been an Acanac customer for 4 years now and it is really disappointing that this is dragging on this long. I don't know what options I have left. Hopefully one of the Acanac reps here can help shed more light on this situation.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: At my wits end with daily drop-outs and poor line stats after line upgrade

Please check your Instant Messages.

Thank you.
trowakage

So I did their last suggestion of connecting to the outside Bell box and got a beautiful connection so the culprit is the wiring into the house.

The Acanac staff on the phone said that even if I paid extra neither they nor Bell would come and fix it. I asked her whether she knows of any technicians for hire in my area and she said that she was in Las Vegas and didn't know anything about Toronto and to find an electrician to rewire the house. Not very helpful but at least I know what I'm looking for I guess.

Anyone have suggestions for technicians in the Hamilton, ON area?

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac

quote:
Anyone have suggestions for technicians in the Hamilton, ON area?

You might have better luck asking in the Canadian Broadband forum.
»Canadian Broadband
trowakage

Click for full size
Click for full size
Also, after checking the outside box in the daylight this morning, I noticed that one of the jacks (the one with the DSL signal) is very yellow versus the other. I have attached some pictures. Any chance this is a problem and the Bell tech missed it?
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms

A couple years ago, I got the same problem as you after an upgrade from DSL 1.5mbps to 5mbps. Bell came test everything. The problem was the wiring to the phones not to the DSL modem. Bell technician said, my bad phone wiring was acting as an antenna.

I went to Home Depot, bought phone cable, change the cable from the outside Bell box to one phone jack, cut all other phone cables and bought one wireless phone with 4 handsets.

If you can't do the work yourself call a local electrician. (The yellow jack is not an issue.)

McMattykins

@telus.com

Acanac billing dept. dodging

I've been having issues will the tech support, forums and especially the billing department with Acanac. I had tech support jerk my chain for 8 months over an issue they ended up admitting they can't fix. I've had my thread on the acanac forums hidden and made private so that not even I can view it. I've been told only the billing manager can settle this issue. I've also been told for the last 4 months that the billing department manager will call me right back after they have reviewed my account.

I'm posting here in hopes that acanac can't make these threads hidden. This needs to be addressed now acanac. You've had enough stall time.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Re: Acanac billing dept. dodging

I would like to help McMattykins, but I need some way to find your account.

Ticket # would help, seeing as you can't IM me your account info being anonymous.

McMattykins

@rogers.com

Hello again Fergless,

You were dealing with me about this issue on the Acanac forums. I am still awaiting a reply to the message I sent to you on August 23, 2013 in which you sent me a phone number for the billing department in which the last 4 digits are censored. Additionally, You told me to call the billing department about my issue in which the billing department has told me for 4 months now "We'll call you back as soon as the manager is available." My user name is the same on the Acanac forums.

The tickets are JEQ-63999 (billing), NLV-87402, RJP-25715, SQY-17731, ZDR-31072, OPS-92801, and CPC-92431(cable support).

And here is a link to the thread that has been hidden by your company which was only hidden after I updated the problem could not be resolved. »community.acanac.com/acanac/view···#p135652

May I also ask, why was the thread hidden? I would have to assume there was a breach of ToS and would like to know what caused it.
markie58

join:2009-04-24
Chateauguay, QC

»community.acanac.com/Acanac/view···&t=23217
The community is comprised of users that cannot be of any help to you with billing issues, fergless is the only person admin of the community that may be of any help if possible as stated in the above link.
Billing issues are a private matter that is why your post over there was hidden.
Hope it gets resolved soon for you.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
I can ask the Billing Manager to look into it again, the final resolution is up to them, so I'd advise communicating with them directly.

Tks

Happy New Year.

McMattykins

@rogers.com

I would really appreciate if you could do that Fergless.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Done

McMattykins

@rogers.com

Still hadn't been contacted by the billing manager, so I decided to call in. Got the usual run-around. "Billing Manager is not in. I can get them to contact you back after they've looked into the account."

I told the employee I will wait until they arrive and she promptly said "ok." an placed me on hold.

Given that I'm to contact them directly, and it seems as though the job of the billing 'front-line' is to make sure I don't get to ever talk with this person, how would you suggest I talk to this person directly?

I will post again when I'm taken off hold.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

I believe to the best of my knowledge she's off with the flu, maybe more people in the office have it by now.
Not sure if she's back yet or not. Actually I'm away due to medical issues myself.

McMattykins

@rogers.com
The hold music stopped after 10 minute and dial tone began and the call terminated itself. Had to call back in to get another agent.
System This topic has been un-stickied by tmpchaos See Profile

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

McMattykins

join:2014-02-14

Thank you tmpchaos for unlocking the thread.

Hello Fergless.

After not receiving any communication from the billing manager, I called in on the 3rd of February and the agent told me that the account has been reviewed and to email the billing manager. I was provided with her email address (I will not disclose it here for her privacy) and emailed her that same day. I have provided her with the appropriate tickets that are related to my issue and also told her that if she requires any more details to please contact me so that I may answer any questions.

To this day, she has still not replied to me by phone or email. After being told to speak with the billing manager, I have now spent almost half a year leaving messages for her, only for her to ignore me.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac

4 edits

Acanac billing issue

said by "System" :
This topic has been un-stickied by tmpchaos
said by "McMattykins" :
Thank you tmpchaos for unlocking the thread.

I believe the topic was not unlocked, but un-stickied.
Not sure what tmpchaos reply to you was as it's blank.

Let me try one more time to get an answer for you in reference to a refund.
McMattykins

Re: Acanac billing issue

said by Fergless:

Let me try one more time to get an answer for you in reference to a refund.

Alright. Do you know when I should expect an answer?

Also on a different yet kinda related topic, I still have not been reimbursed for the shipping costs you said had been approved for from when I had to pay to send a "defective" modem back to Acanac in August 2013. I recently searched my invoices from August to now, and I've realized that no credit was ever made to me.
McMattykins

Just updating.

I am still waiting to be contacted by anyone from Acanac regarding the credit from the defective modem and the billing manager regarding the billing issue.
McMattykins

Any estimated time that I should be contacted by?
McMattykins

So for anyone considering Acanac, I've been waiting over 6 times longer for my billing issue to be resolved than for Fergless to respond.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Unfortunately it's out of my hands McMattykins. I suggest emailing them again.
McMattykins

said by Fergless:

I suggest emailing them again.

The billing email where I will be told that I need a manager or the manger's email, to which she has still not replied to my first letter.

••••

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac

Well, I did what I could for you but it was out of my hands after we worked out the refund for you. From there on in it would be up to you and the people in billing to come to some sort of an agreement. I don't have any kind of authority over billing and to authorize full refunds. I'm afraid at this point there's nothing more I can do for you.

I can not make anyone in the company email or call you, I can only suggest they do so.
boldive

join:2014-01-01
Canada

1 edit

Acanac New subscriber. Never seen so bad company.

Hello,

Looks like I did a big mistake deciding to switch from Rogers to Acanac. I have bought a modem, call Rogers to activate to make sure it works fine on Rogers network. In 10 min Rogers Technical support made modem active and running. By the end of November I called Acanac to be a customer. I gave them modem model, serial number and MAC address. I told them Dec 26 is my last day with Rogers. They took all data and story begins. My modem was released by Rogers on Dec 26 2013 and nothing was done from Acanac. Even now (Jan 1st 2014) it is not connected. I have sent tons of emails and SMS messages to customer/technical support. Looks like I am talking to a wall. The wall carefully listen me and of course does nothing.
Dec 26 I sent email notifying that connection is not done. Who doesn't know, Acanac has a form on the website. All requests starts from that page. Logic sense tells me: Acanac customer support will figure out what to do.
Dec 28 I got a : "I moved your ticket to proper department, they will assist you soon.". How is that? Good job, well done!
Dec 31 next reply: "Our records indicate we are pending a carrier response since confirming the modem has been released." At least now I know that "soon" means something around 72 hours.
I call to Acanac technical support. Guys, today is Dec 31, connection supposed to be done Dec 26. They blame Rogers which doesn't switched modem to Acanac account. Well, I call Rogers. After running 40min on all possible Rogers customer and technical departments I find out that my modem was released on Dec 26 and appears in Rogers system as a free box. Acanac IT guy needs to do his/her job to switch a modem and if there are any problems contact Rogers Technical support directly because I am not a Rogers customer any more. It makes sense. Two technicians need to talk to each other if problem exist. At this point I would not blame Rogers. I see how Acanac approaches to a problem. This is absolutely careless operation. Technical support on the phone can do nothing, only create another bunch of tickets to bring some attention. It doesn't work because looks like there is no one available to read ticket and take an action.

Today is the end of Jan 1st 2014 and what I have :
"Our records indicate we are pending a carrier response since confirming the modem has been released. Any new information will be updated by our Cable Internet Scheduling Department through ticket -27856."

When I am reading questions and answers on the forums about Acanac I see good people working for Acanac trying to help upset users to get service for which they paid. And at the same time I see bad result of their job as a team.

This is my first experience with so bad technical and customer support.

I will wait another day and if Acanac will do nothing will start to look for another ISP. I will never recommend Acanac to my friends.

This is my short overview of Acanac service. I hope it will help others to decide to join Acanac or stay away.

Thanks.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: Acanac New subscriber. Never seen so bad company.

Hi boldive

Can you send me your cable account info in an Instant Message and I'll see what's going on.

Tks

Happy New Year.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
Thank you, I replied to your IM.
Wilson7777

join:2014-01-11
Canada

Is your cable Internet available in Niagara?

I'm thinking about changing cable Internet providers. Can you tell me if your cable Internet service is available in the Niagara Region?

I went to your website and entered in my postal code and it said that it was available in my area, but just want to confirm. I'm looking at the 35 down / 3 up plan.

Also, I'm using a Thomson DCM476 DOCSIS 3 modem and wondering if that is compatible with your services or would I have to buy a new modem? Just spent $92 on this one.

Thanks.
Wilson7777

join:2014-01-11
Canada

Re: Is your cable Internet available in Niagara?

Does anyone know?

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: Is your cable Internet available in Niagara?

Can you IM me your address?
singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC

Acanac support review

Recently, I had to call Acanac support to report an outage at my home. The tech answered in about 10 seconds.

Chris from acanac was very competent, knew what he was talking about, did not think I was stupid. Everything was clear, he did not tried to hung on me because he was tired or whatever. After 45 minutes, everything was good and clear for his ticket. He reported the issue to videotron right away, and about 2 hours later my internet came back up.

Honnestly i don't understand all the whining here about acanac. Every single time i called them for support, I was happy with the result.

+1 for chris, you made a good job, thank you very much !

•••

lucasffer

@24.114.52.x

internet connection down without notice, wrong modem provisioning

Hi i am writing this in the hopes a tech reads this and is able to resolve this issue.

We had our connection go down with the modem we bought from ACANAC 2 years ago, so we were told we needed to upgrade our modem, at that point we did so (last week) at which point we were told it would take 2 days for provisioning.
after the two days still no internet so i started to look into it, i found out the modem connects to a DHCP server, and acquires a DNS server address and a IP address. At this point you would expect to be able to ping those servers but there is nothing, 100% loss
so i did a trace on the connection from the internet side and it did not point to acanac but rather a different ISP.
I believe what happened is that rogers provisioned the modem incorrectly, my issue is that i am running out of space on my tether.
I have tried going through tech support on several occasions and sending multiple emails, but they all get closed without being resolved/replied to ....and then there is the 30 minute wait on the line to be told that it needs to be escalated to a level 2 tech. and that it should be up and running in 24 hrs, becoming really frustrated by the process.

••••••••••••
phantk2007

join:2014-02-07
Saint-Leonard, QC

Acanac ignores my cancellation request and keep charging me thru credit card

I email to Acanac bill department for cancel VOIP ,but Acanac no email reply .They keep silence over 2 day .I don't known what they want why they are not answer .They don't like make refund to my credit card , they want me to force using their service without like ? Someone have same problem and how resolved that ,please help ? my ticket QGP-54710

•••••••

Mike53

@acanac.net

VERY POOR service with ACANAC.net

I have been with acanac.net for several years now. My modem went down which I run a business on. I informed tech support that that the unit would reboot itself off and on. The tech says that we'll get one out to you right away. Three weeks have gone by. Remember I am running a business. Five weeks gone by... no modem... no internet...

VERY POOR SUPPORT...

Mike

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac

3 edits

Re: VERY POOR service with ACANAC.net

said by Mike53 :

I have been with acanac.net for several years now. My modem went down which I run a business on. I informed tech support that that the unit would reboot itself off and on. The tech says that we'll get one out to you right away. Three weeks have gone by. Remember I am running a business. Five weeks gone by... no modem... no internet...

VERY POOR SUPPORT...

Mike

Hi Mike.

Can you post your ticket # and I'll check what's going on.

Tks

PS: Cable or DSL?

ViCtuM

@wtccommunications.ca

Acanac is a joke of a company

I have had to dispute 3 charges from acanac with my credit card company after getting no assistance from their billing department. Their tech service is non existent. Be prepared to wait 5-6 days between email replies when trying to reach billing. GO OUT OF BUSINESS ALREADY ACANAC! quit wasting peoples time and money.

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Re: Acanac

Do you have the ticket ID with the billing department? I would be glad to look into it.
edojan

join:2013-10-01

Down for 3 days - ignored by their support completely

my dsl link is down for 3+ days and tech support is a black hole. My emails go in but nothing comes out. I have sent them 4 (four!!!) emails but they have ignored every single one of them. The company is broken. Not sure what to do next have been with them for more than 5 years. What a shame. Not even sure what would make them take notice they seem to have grown a thick skin to any criticism.

•••••••
sndsl

join:2014-02-26
North York, ON

speedstream 4100 upgrade?

i have been using it for while it works great no issue . but should i upgrade the modem?
i have 15 mbps connection . and on speed test i get the same speed and upload i 1mbps.

Let me know

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: speedstream 4100 upgrade?

You could check with support if your line or modem is an issue sndsl.

Hopefully you'll decide to stay with Acanac, plus if you decide you want IPTV, you won't need to change providers.

Tks
sndsl

North York, ON

Re: speedstream 4100 upgrade?

which modem is good for dsl 2?
sndsl

North York, ON

can acanac retrive my username and password

I think since resented my modem . Its giveing me error when get to set up username and password ...
local connection is still busy, please wait a few seconds before attemptin

Ppp auth failed as well...

I don't know what happen..

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: can acanac retrive my username and password

Hi sndsl

I see you're getting suggestions on the community forum. Have you emailed support about getting your log in credentials?

Thank you.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
It appears to be resolved at this point.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

I will be away for a while. (Eye Surgery)

I'm having eye surgery this coming Monday so unfortunately will not be able to reply to PM's etc.

I will update on Monday if possible, until then cheers.

Thank you.

•••••

Mussammat

@acanac.net

19th april 2014 cancelation with acanac

We canceled internet and home phone, because i canceled with someone and finally, i canceled with you. Don't take any money from my credit card. I informed you a long time ago by telephone . So thank you for your collaboration.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON

Re: 19th april 2014 cancelation with acanac

Hi Mussammat

If you emailed billing@acanac.com with your intentions you should be fine.

Thank you.

Fergless
Premium
Toronto, ON
Do you have a ticket # referencing that you asked to cancel?

Thank you.
beeknight

join:2014-04-06
Markham, ON

Cable connection unstable

My Cable Internet (18mbps down, 0.5mbps up, unlimited) has been quite unstable lately -- I lost Internet while downloading large files, streaming HD video on PS3 and simply checking news using my iPad. And this occurred at least 3 times in the past 24 hours.

My setup is as follows:
Motorola SB5101N Modem (supplied by Acanac);
Linksys E4200 wireless router;
Linksys WRTP54G - router disabled, use as VOIP only.

There were occasional disconnections in the past, too. But they were considerably less frequent and much easier to fix -- connection was usually restored after one reset of the modem/router. This method didn't work well recently. When I restarted the modem, its "online" light kept flashing (sometimes it cycled through the "send" and "online" lights) and would not work until much later.

Any help will be appreciated.

Below is my modem info and line stats (I got these states having my PC connected directly to modem):

Software Version: SB5101NU-2.1.7.0-GA-00-388-NOSH
Hardware Version: 1
MIB Version: II
GUI Version: 1.0

Frequency Plan North American Standard/HRC/IRC
Upstream Channel ID 3
Frequency (Hz) 591000000
DHCP Server Enabled

Downstream Value
Frequency 591000000 Hz
Signal To Noise Ratio 39.5 dB
Power Level -0.2 dBmV

Upstream Value
Channel ID 3
Frequency 23700000 Hz
Power 38.2 dBmV

Time Priority Code Description
1970-01-01 00:00:21 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
1970-01-01 00:00:07 6-Notice M571.1 Ethernet link up - ready to pass packets
2014-04-04 14:12:04 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 14:11:44 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
2014-04-04 14:11:30 6-Notice M572.0 Rng Rsp Abort Status - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 14:11:30 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 14:11:28 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2014-04-04 14:10:39 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 14:10:25 5-Warning D004.1 ToD request sent - No Response received
2014-04-04 14:10:23 6-Notice M572.0 Max T6 No Reg Rsp Timeouts - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 14:10:23 3-Critical I002.0 REG RSP not received
2014-04-04 14:10:04 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2014-04-04 14:09:41 5-Warning D004.1 ToD request sent - No Response received
2014-04-04 14:09:36 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 14:09:34 3-Critical D002.0 DHCP FAILED - Request sent, No response
2014-04-04 14:08:59 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 1)
2014-04-04 14:08:51 3-Critical R003.0 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request (17) Retries exhausted
2014-04-04 14:08:51 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 6)
2014-04-04 14:08:14 3-Critical R003.0 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request (17) Retries exhausted
2014-04-04 14:08:14 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)
2014-04-04 14:07:26 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 7)
2014-04-04 14:07:07 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
2014-04-04 14:06:40 6-Notice M572.0 Rng Rsp Abort Status - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 14:06:40 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 14:06:35 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2014-04-04 13:01:17 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 13:01:06 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
2014-04-04 13:00:44 6-Notice M572.0 Rng Rsp Abort Status - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 13:00:44 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 13:00:22 3-Critical D002.0 DHCP FAILED - Request sent, No response
2014-04-04 13:00:04 3-Critical D001.0 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
2014-04-04 12:59:53 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 1)
2014-04-04 12:59:35 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 7)
2014-04-04 12:59:25 3-Critical R003.0 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request (17) Retries exhausted
2014-04-04 12:59:25 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)
2014-04-04 12:58:50 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 12:58:42 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
2014-04-04 12:58:28 6-Notice M572.0 Rng Rsp Abort Status - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 12:58:27 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 11:04:44 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 11:03:42 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 1)
2014-04-04 11:03:31 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 7)
2014-04-04 11:03:18 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 6)
2014-04-04 11:03:09 3-Critical R003.0 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request (17) Retries exhausted
2014-04-04 11:03:09 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 3)
2014-04-04 11:02:28 3-Critical R003.0 Init RANGING Critical Ranging Request (17) Retries exhausted
2014-04-04 11:02:28 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)
2014-04-04 11:01:47 6-Notice M572.0 Rng Rsp Abort Status - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 11:01:47 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 11:01:42 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2014-04-04 10:54:36 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 10:54:25 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)
2014-04-04 10:52:19 3-Critical D003.0 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.
2014-04-04 10:52:16 3-Critical D002.0 DHCP FAILED - Request sent, No response
2014-04-04 10:51:27 3-Critical D001.0 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
2014-04-04 10:51:23 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2014-04-04 10:51:15 3-Critical R002.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out (US 2)
2014-04-04 10:51:06 6-Notice M572.0 Rng Rsp Abort Status - Reinitialize MAC...
2014-04-04 10:51:06 3-Critical R007.0 Unicast Ranging Received Abort Response - Re- initializing MAC
2014-04-04 10:51:04 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out
2014-04-04 10:50:53 3-Critical D007.0 TFTP Failed - OUT OF ORDER packets
2014-04-04 10:50:40 3-Critical R005.0 Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

••••••

truthspeaker

@24.114.55.x

DSL Support Non Existent

Just want to get everyone aware. Seems like Acanac does not really care about your technical problems. I have no internet access since Friday (3 days now). Sent email to support to nothing get done on their side. Today (Monday) tried to call them 5 (five) times. If I lucky - I got placed in the queue like number 20th with hold times up to 1.5 hrs (not exaggerating - this is exactly how long I was on hold on my last call). All five times was disconnected just when I got to being the first in the queue. 5 times!!!! I do not think this is an error.

Weekend without internet access. 5 hours of wasted time on hold. Nothing resolved - PRICELESS!!!!!!

Anyhow. I am not here to complain (nothing gets done from that) but to inform everyone who is thinking about getting DSL service from Acanac - to think twice. Everything is fine when it works but Acanac proved worthless (at least to me at this point) helping you with technical issues. I think people deserve to know this things (how they treat their existing clients) before signing anything.

PS: Couple weeks ago I sent them another email asking to change my plan (this one was to billing though) and go no response whatsoever for like 4 days until I called them and demanded sales person to take care of my request immediately. (apparently billing issues only dealt via emails so good luck with that too)

Serge

@acanac.net

Re: DSL Support Non Existent

My second day with Internet going up and down. Almost not possible to browse even simple pages. Ping external sites times out all the time. Connection to Acanac is better, but it is jumping as well. Tried to call support. Gave up after one hour of listening how perfect they are! Opened support ticket. Got automatic response and nothing else second day. Amazing service!!!!!!!

FlaviusCons

@rim.net

Acanac Billing not responding

Hello,

I paid for my internet+phone for the rest of the year and now I am changing my address so I wont need internet and phone at the new address.
I contacted Billing via email (ticket) a week ago and did not get anything back yet. When opening the ticket it said a few hours to 3 business days response time but it has been 6 business days and got nothing back.

Is there any other way to contact Acanac? Any way to speed the process? I am afraid another month will pass before I get anything back from Acanac and I don't want to lose money since I am not using the service any more.

Thank you.

•••••••••••
zap

join:2014-04-16
Toronto, ON

Cable Modem Release - help!

Its only been two weeks since I cancelled my service, but based on what I've read online I am concerned it will take 2 months to get my modem released if ever?. I'm already aware of the challenges of dealing with billing based on recent experiences that ultimately lead to me changing providers.

Any tips on getting this accomplished quickly?
barbonneau

join:2013-06-02
Gatineau, QC

2 edits

Acanac Cable Modem Thomson DCM475

Yesterday I fill out the form to subscribe to ACANAC Cable Qc 30/10 and I just receive a phone call that I can't use my actual modem from teksavvy (Thomson DCM475 - DOCSIS 3.0 Certified Cable Modem). The clerk told me that the modem has to come from them and they will send me a Thomson DCM475 for 79$ + shipping I decide not to buy the modem and to stay with teksavvy. Is that the case with Acanac you can't use your own modem?

Ticket ID: SXK-27530
markie58

join:2009-04-24
Chateauguay, QC

Re: Acanac Cable Modem Thomson DCM475

I cannot check your ticket but did you give the info of mac address of the modem user address etc.
barbonneau

join:2013-06-02
Gatineau, QC
Yes I did the modem is a Thomson DCM475 - DOCSIS 3.0 Certified Cable Modem in working condition with Teksavvy, I would love to switch to acanac but I don't want to buy another cable modem since I already have one.