dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
forum logo
PHONE POWER - automatic discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum
propose this in site feedback.
Customer? write a review
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 18 · 19 · 20 · next
jimbo7444
join:2007-08-19

jimbo7444

Let's talk PhonePower users

So what do you like about the service, what don't you like, what would you like to see them rollout as new features/services.
dizzie6
join:2007-10-31

dizzie6

Re: Let's talk PhonePower users

I like all the extended voip features they offer - forwarding, online voicemail, blocking, etc. I think that jimbo's idea of a free virtual number sounds interesting. I wish I knew how to skip right to the voicemail message when checking it over the phone so I didn't have to listen to the date and time, etc.

PhonePower
Premium Member
join:2007-07-20
Winnetka, CA

2 edits

PhonePower

Premium Member

Re: Let's talk PhonePower users

Thanks for the comments Dizzie. We're working overtime to bring new features and feature requests online.

The Voice Mail preamble is currently a global setting. On or off for everybody. Unfortunately turning it off does not allow for getting the info at all (except when logging in online). We don't find that acceptable. We have on our project list a task that would allow for users to turn it on and off individually, but admittedly it's pretty low on the list. Things like international calling and virtual numbers are currently ahead on the development cycle.

Hope this helps.

On a another note, we're very glad to see that there are tons of referral orders for our service. Obviously we're doing something right. Look for our new Win/Win referral promotion in the next month or two. The referrer and the referee both get a month free.

CharlieL7
@sbcglobal.net

CharlieL7 to jimbo7444

Anon

to jimbo7444
I'm a new user and so far I'm very happy with the quality and reliability of the service, as well as the response time and attitude of their tech support people.
There is however much room for improvement, particularly with the web site and some features. For instance, there's no reason not to have some voicemail status info on the first page you get to after you sign in. Likewise, you should definitely be able to play your voicemail messages right there on the web page without downloading them. Also, why not have recently deleted voicemails available? The call log info is very easy and clear to read, but it's a shame to have it limited to 30 total calls. One feature I loved at Sunrocket that I've asked them to consider here is the auto login feature for the voice mail, which let me call in from my cell (or any designated number) and have any messages begin immediately without the need for even a password. This is particularly great while driving. Also, the call forwarding features, while they work well, could be arranged in a much simpler and clearer way on the site. Anyway, they've been really nice and I'm hopeful that all this will improve over time.
dizzie6
join:2007-10-31

dizzie6 to jimbo7444

to jimbo7444
Thanks for the response, PhonePower. Keep up the good work providing a great value to the independent-minded phone customer!
sirmarkus
join:2005-11-10
Columbus, OH

1 edit

sirmarkus to jimbo7444

to jimbo7444
I'm a new user, and I'm very happy with the service. The router looked identical to the one Vonage sent me both in make and model (or so I thought) and I was having trouble with my phone service last week (turns out it was my cable that was out). In any case, I reset the little black button on the back of the Linksys. Then, when my cable finally came back up, I couldn't get my phone to work. Turns out this router is a modified version specifically for Phone Power. With no phone, I had to request instructions for a fix via email. They replied with specific, easy to follow instructions so the tech could remotely reset my router. I've also spoken to their tech support on the phone when I was a new customer. I guess what I'm getting at, is their customer service is absolutely first rate. Their techs know what they're doing, they're courteous and you don't have to wade through a bunch of menus to talk to an actual person. If this company can maintain this level of quality, they'll go far. I've had Vonage and Sunrocket, and this company is probably as good, or better.

Just don't push that little black button on the back of your router!
kcackler
join:2004-03-14
Russellville, AR

kcackler

Phonepower DOWN

Since last night, no one has been able to call my line. They keep getting the error that the number could not be completed as dialed.

I attempted to call Phonepower via their 888 number and I'm getting the same exact error message (Both from my phonepower phone and my cell phone)

Is anyone aware of what's going on here?

Douglas H
@comcast.net

Douglas H

Anon

Incoming problem

When I or someone else trys to call they get a message saying I'm unavailable. When we hang the call up, the phone rings once and quits. I;d really like to keep this service, but don't know now. Outgoing calls work. doug
Douglas H

Douglas H

Anon

Re: Incoming problem

Since no one answered my question thought I would in case someone else might experience this. Somehow the box got checked to send all calls to voicemail. I know I didn't check it because I hadn't been to that part of the website yet. Only after scouring the website the next day did I happen on it. Cs was also quite helpful with another problem I was having. Running smoothly for 2 weeks now. Doug in MI

mbayomar
@rr.com

mbayomar

Anon

Number of rings before voicemail picks up.

Phonepower service works perfect for me, and for all my friends who ended up joining us after I told them about this service. Thx a lot for keeping the good quality. But I would like to know if there is a way to let the phone ring longer before the caller gets redirected to voicemail. The number of rings is currently set to 3.

discjoker
join:2002-02-18
Billerica, MA

discjoker

Re: Number of rings before voicemail picks up.

Go into your account ("my account"). Click on "Phone Numbers" then change "ring for" to 20 seconds. That will give it 4 rings before voicemail picks up.

mbayomar
@rr.com

mbayomar

Anon

Re: Number of rings before voicemail picks up.

Thanks a lot. And have a nice day!
kelcet
join:2007-07-26
Charlotte, NC

kelcet

Call Log

Have to say love the FMFM feature of PP. Also seems to have been very reliable over the last two months since I signed up.

My Issue...
Has anyone found where in their account to view say last months call log? I can only find 10 last entries of missed, outbound and inbound.

Also the log in this format makes it impossible to know how much I have spent on toll calls.

discjoker
Billerica, MA

discjoker

Re: Call Log

Interesting....I have never noticed I cannot go back and look at old call logs. I can't seem to find a way to do it either. It would be useful if that was possible.

It seems as though Phone Power focussed on their call quality first and account portal second (and trust me I think the quality is most important). The features are great but the portal isn't the most user friendly. I would imagine over time this will improve.

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower to kelcet

Premium Member

to kelcet
This feature is now fully accessible in the my account section, including downloads to excel.
emmis
join:2001-04-11
San Francisco, CA

emmis

Soft phone support?

Would like to use x-lite with phonepower. will it work? If so, how do you set it up?
thatguy5245
join:2004-05-25
Dunbar, WV

thatguy5245

Re: Soft phone support?

I would also like to do this however they have not released any sip information and thus we are tied to the device they gave us.

I had this feature with viatalk which was nice except it was viatalk and the phone never worked even if you used their ata let alone astrick or a softphone.

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

1 edit

PhonePower to emmis

Premium Member

to emmis
We are working on both a soft phone option and a bring your own device/asterisk connectivity. As mentioned above, we are deploying in a careful manner to ensure the best possible connectivity. Hopefully our slow, measured rollout of services and features that work well speaks for our attention to detail.

Expect BYOD in the next 30-60 days and the softphone in the next 90-120 days.

Kinzoo
join:2004-01-22
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

New features

You guys are doing great!!
Call log is much better, cloning line is great, and my service is excellent.
Keep up the good work!!!

EWK

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower to emmis

Premium Member

to emmis
Thank you so much. Please show your support with a review!

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

Re: Soft phone support?

It is done!!!!!!!!!

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower to emmis

Premium Member

to emmis
4 weeks, I hope. Can't let the cat out yet...

discjoker
Billerica, MA

discjoker

NEW! Free Second Line (Cloned Line)

Just noticed a new link on the control panel. "Modify Services" lets you "Manage Lines", "Change Your Address", "Change Your Rate Plan"(COMING SOON), "Add A Virtual Number"(Coming Soon).

You can add a free second line to your adapter (if there is an available port), under the "Modify Services" link. It pretty much is the same thing as I had with Viatalk ("Free Second Line"). This adds even more value to Phone Power! You can check out how it works here: »support.phonepower.com/H ··· ult.aspx
sparkleclean
join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO

sparkleclean

Re: NEW! Free Second Line (Cloned Line)

I activated this 2 weeks ago and it does work.
The one thing I did notice is that when the second call came in, I & the caller I was speaking to, heard a loud beep noise, prior to ringing the second phone. This is not the call waiting beep, which can be heard while 2nd line is ringing. This is only once - to announce incoming call. It startled me - then realized what was going on. Plan on looking into how to lower the volume in near future.
Jeff528
join:2008-11-01
Forest Hills, NY

Jeff528

Anyone know if the clone line will work with a 2 line phone?
I am a new Phone Power customer getting service this week. I ordered the 2 year plan that comes with free clone service. Was wondering if this will work with my 2 line phone, or if I have to have a separate phone plugged into line 2? Thanks in advance...

Kinzoo
Buffalo, NY

Kinzoo

I would think if you have two lines coming out of your phone, that you could plug them into the two ports on the back of the ATA?????

Maybe!!!!

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

1 edit

PhonePower to Jeff528

Premium Member

to Jeff528
It should work perfectly fine. You would simply connect line 1 to port 1 on your adapter and line 2 to port 2.
TechMike
join:2008-06-09
Denver, CO

TechMike

Phone Rings After I Hang Up

I just got Phonepower a few days ago and noticed a peculiar thing...
About 1 out of every 10 calls, when I hang up the phone, it will ring and when I pick it up, I hear dial tone.

Not too much of a problem, just kind of annoying. I use my line for tech support and take a lot of calls.
sparkleclean
join:2005-06-02
Kansas City, MO

sparkleclean

Re: Phone Rings After I Hang Up

If you are taking that many calls, it may be due to Call Waiting feature. I have had this happen with Sunrocket, Nuvio, & PhonePower - in each case, Call Waiting was involved [could hear beep for incoming call or had switched over to 2nd caller]. When phone was hung up from call, it rings and there is a dial tone.

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower to TechMike

Premium Member

to TechMike
I have reviewed this and feel sparkleclean is right on.
diver858
join:2002-12-13
La Jolla, CA

diver858

Pre-purchase customer support?

I am considfering Phone Power, a but reluctant to jump in quite yet, so I decided to submit a pre-sales email request to the web site. Submited three relatively simple, straightforward, typical pre-sale questions Saturday afternoon, and have yet to receive a reply.

If a company is not responsive to pre-sale inquiries, that does not bode well for support requests after paying $200, and you are on the hook for 2 years...

••••
WilhelmK
join:2001-01-07
West Sacramento, CA

WilhelmK

Support

I had a couple of setup questions and I just want to say how pleasant it was to speak to someone in America. Just got the service more later.

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower

Premium Member

Re: Support

Thank you! We appreciate the feedback!
MR_in_IL_2
join:2008-02-04
Streamwood, IL

MR_in_IL_2

One way Communication on phone power

I have Comcast Modem terminating to WAN port of the phone power adapter then LAN from phone power adapter terminating to Belkin Wireless router.

I am getting great speed from Comcast however after doing Phone power speed test for VOIP, it was seen that there are excessive Pause delay in the communication.

Will this cause the one way TX that I am experiencing? Has any one else experienced such a problem with Comcast Modem?

•••

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower

Premium Member

Upcoming PhonePower enhancements

Per the feedback on this forum, here's a list of what you've asked for, and what the status is:

BYOD - a popular request, coming within 45 days. We have quite a wide list of supported hardware already set for this.

Turn-off-voicemail radio button - coming within 30 days

Anonymous-Call-Rejection radio button - coming within 30 days

Call Logs - another popular request. We've not only expanded the call logs to 30 days, but you can go into the Advanced setting and view/download any date range you want.

Asterisk-specific packages - Currently in beta with a select few customers. The trick is to spin up our Support Dept to be able to troubleshoot this so you get the level of support you expect.

Distinctive-Ring - This is actually a limitation in the ATA hardware we're using. We are pushing the manufacturer to include this in their next firmware update, but no ETA.

Emergency failover number - This would be a call-forwarding setting that kicks in when you lose registration on the device (your broadband goes down, power is out, etc.). This requires some software upgrades internally, but is scheduled for Q2 of next year, if not sooner.

Turn-off-Operator-and-411-calling - coming in the next 30 days.

More printer-friendly invoices in the MyAccount portal - coming in the next week.

We value the feedback we receive from our BBR customers. Ari and I understood that back when we were running DSLExtreme years ago. Much of our features and innovation is driven by customer requests. Obviously we have to pick and choose between a lot of ideas to see what's in the best interest of you and of us. Please keep the feedback coming. Don't get discouraged if you don't get an immediate response to something in this forum, or your idea is shot down. We have a talented team of programmers and network engineers who spend a great deal of time making sure our service to you is not merely a commodity or utility, but a pleasurable experience.

Thanks,

Jim

••••••••••••••••••••••

HappyDad
@standardaero.ca

HappyDad

Anon

Incoming Calls Issue

It seems that 1 out of every 10 incoming calls is having an issue (sometimes the issue is more frequent, sometimes less frequent, but on average it happens 1/10 of the time).

The issue is that the phone will ring, and I'll answer it and say 'hello', but all I hear is myself echoing back. If I immediately hang up and try to get a line to dial-out, I'll just get dead air (with the echo). When this issue occurs, the caller on the other end says that the phone just continues to ring (as though it was never answered) until it rolls to voicemail.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? If so, how did you get it corrected?

•••

IrvineVOIP
@dslextreme.com

IrvineVOIP

Anon

Feature Req: SMS driven "click-2-call"

I like that you have the remote click-2-call feature, but that requires having access to the Internet with a web browser.

A feature I would love to see is being able to send an SMS message to my account from a cell phone with my password, and the "from" and "to" phone numbers.

When I'm traveling overseas I usually get a local SIM card, and this feature would be very useful for making calls back to the US or elsewhere.

So, the SMS message to my phone number could look something like this:
smscall
IrvineVOIP

IrvineVOIP

Anon

Re: Feature Req: SMS driven "click-2-call"

Like this:
smscall [password] [from_number] [to_number]

PhonePower
Premium Member
Winnetka, CA

PhonePower to IrvineVOIP

Premium Member

to IrvineVOIP
Good feature. I will review with our technical team.

Bob P
@verizon.net

Bob P

Anon

multiple phone question

I have Verizon DSL, and can get a dry loop config.

Will I be able to use the existing house wiring to use multiple phones, or will I be limited to one without stringing cables to other phones?

I can't find any wiring diagrams online, and their tech support is unsure.

Appreciate any info. before ordering service.

Thanks,
Bob P

••••
kachun
join:2004-01-26
Fremont, CA

kachun

Block area code?

Can wild card, eg 062*, be used in the block call list?
If not, is there any plan to add a feature like that?
44402812 (banned)
Hack The Planet
join:2006-08-28
Plattsburgh, NY

44402812 (banned)

Thanks Power! Keep Up The Great Work!

Please see my review

»Unavailable review

•••

routerdude
@comcast.net

routerdude

Anon

Grandstream ht502

When will star codes be supported on Grand Stream, this is a big problem if they are shipping out these ATA's and most of the features incompatible.
44402812 (banned)
Hack The Planet
join:2006-08-28
Plattsburgh, NY

44402812 (banned)

Re: Grandstream ht502

said by routerdude :

When will star codes be supported on Grand Stream, this is a big problem if they are shipping out these ATA's and most of the features incompatible.
*00: Redials the last number called
*21: Used for Voice Mail access
*86 Turns off the call connection busy feature
*82: Unblocks caller ID on one outgoing call
*79: Turns off the do not disturb feature
*78: Turns on the do not disturb feature
*75: Resets a speed dial code
*74: Lets a user assign a speed dial code
*73: Turns off the call forwarding feature
*72: Activates the call forwarding feature
*70: Disables Call Waiting on one outgoing call
*69: Activates the call return feature
*66: Turns on the call connection busy feature
*63: Turns off the call forwarding busy feature
*62: Activates the call forwarding busy feature
*65: Deactivates the user controlled caller ID
*61: Activates the user controlled caller ID
*67: Blocks caller ID on one outgoing call
*54: Activates the group call pickup feature
*53: Activates the directed call pickup feature

softimage
join:2002-09-04

softimage

11 digit numbers

i got a few calls from 11 digit numbers they are as show in the call log:

they call but never seem to answer. i also have them blocked but they still get thru. can anything be done?
softimage

softimage

Re: 11 digit numbers

i wanted to add that alot of the blocked callers seem to be getting thru anyway. i just tested it my self and the phone rings. is there somthing i'm missing when adding a caller to the blobked caller list?

power user
@comcast.net

power user

Anon

Re: 11 digit numbers

In the power forwarding section of your account on phone power make sure the complex call routing is selected, then in the drop down boxes make sure they all show "none". then under that you can choose to send blocked calls either to voicemail or busy signal. Hope this helps.
replaytv1
join:2008-04-12
Miami, FL

4 edits

replaytv1

Real Do not Disturb Request

I would like to schedule "Do Not Disturb" similar to my existing Callvantage account and Callcentric (Call treatment feature).
For Example:
Everyday from 12:00AM to 7:00AM Route all calls to Voice Mail.

Thank you
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 18 · 19 · 20 · next