dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
forum logo
PHONE POWER - automatic discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum
propose this in site feedback.
Customer? write a review
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 17 · 18 · 19 · 20

PhonePwrTech
join:2007-07-20

PhonePwrTech

Phone Power Youtube Channel

The support staff has started to add more videos to our much neglected Youtube channel. We will be adding 1-3 videos per week depending on the nature of the video. We are also open to suggestions regarding the videos that you the user would like to see.

Phone Power Youtube channel

Please post your suggestions on our support thread.

Phone Power Forum
fgb59h
join:2002-10-17
Hurst, TX

fgb59h

Android App - Can I Call Home

I have to call my home landline (PhonePower) several times a day from work. I use my cellphone but it burns up minutes on my calling plan. I have the PhonePower app on my velphone but when I use to call my home number it appears to use the cell service, not VOIP. Which, in a way makes sense but I am wondering if there is a magic setting on the android app that would call my home using VOIP? For example, call into line 2? Thanks appreciated.

PhonePwrTech
join:2007-07-20

PhonePwrTech

Re: Android App - Can I Call Home

Here is an excerpt from the wiki

»www.phonepower.com/wiki/ ··· P_Client

Log in to the Phone Power Android application with the current user name and password.

• Press the menu button on the Android phone and press More and then Network Settings.

In the Network Settings you will find the Default Operating Mode at the top.

• Toggle the settings and switch the application to VoIP Mode.

Tesarra
@comcast.net

Tesarra

Anon

Sending Faxes over PhonePower with Zoiper Biz

I'm receiving SIP error 488 when attempting to send faxes using my Zoiper Biz client connected to my PhonePower service. I know PhonePower says they're T.38 compliant, but I can't seem to get this to work. Am I missing some configuration setting in my SIP account setup?
Tesarra

Tesarra

Anon

Unable to answer incoming calls using PhonePower Softphone

Since I installed the softphone, I have been unable to answer incoming calls on my PC. If I click the button to answer the call, it briefly says "Established" in the call window but then disconnects the call. Am I missing a firewall port setting or some protocol configuration?

NeedQuality
@50.7.78.x

NeedQuality

Anon

PhonePower...not the VoIP company of choice.

Wow, this company is sooo disappointing for the 2nd time.

Which company has the Customer Service of the 60's and 70's?

PROBLEMS with Phone Power's Customer Service and Technical support.

Which company is seamless and the BEST?
skidaddy1
join:2012-01-04

skidaddy1

Migrated Google Voice / Obihai service to Phone Power so far so good

For those of you who have been using an Obi box in combination with Google Voice good free service is coming to an end. On May 15 Google Voice will no longer support the protocol that enabled this service to be a free stand alone ATA hand set. Going forward it will only work inside Google Plus. Currently keeping Google Voice for the number, multiple ring lines, call blocking and voice to text email though want see what those look like after May 15.

A very good deal and painless change over is available if you sign in through your Obihai portal. Phone Power seems to have a lot of features though including using my Google Voice number as the outgoing caller ID.

sarah1967
join:2008-07-27
Oakland, CA

sarah1967

Re: Migrated Google Voice / Obihai service to Phone Power so far so good

Sounds like there's going to be a lot of people in the same boat you are in. You should post a review, good or bad, on your experience with PhonePower and the Obi.
skidaddy1

skidaddy1

After a month recommend not sure what else I would do but give Comcast $23 a month for second line versus $60 a year to phone power.

Pros
easy set up via Obaihi web page only place to get best pricing and don't have to toss the Obi box into ewaste.
lots of features
you get full feature set not the short list on the Obi page »www.phonepower.com/features.aspx
one that was important to me caller setup for outgoing as Phone Power will spoof GV number if you are going to keep the neutered GV for some of its features including using google voice android app.
As reliable as GV with similar voice quality but not as good as Comcast
Prompt and knowledgeable support

Cons
Phone Power Android App not ready for prime time at least on Kit Kat. Works OK on Wifi but not on cell phone data.

Other
Not sure what GV will look like after May 15 but still has unique features including GV App voice mail notification on hand set that, voice to text email, and incorporation into Google Hangouts whatever that will be. If GV went away entirely as is Phone Power offering is better except for the free part
skidaddy1

skidaddy1

Got this email from OBI looks like Google did not pull plug. I started with Grand Central before they were bought by Google. Given uncertainty of what Google is doing will not go back for ata / hand set. Still using GV for messaging & call forwarding.
->
The Google Voice Service is Still Working on My OBi! How come?
At the end of last year, Google Inc. announced that the open and documented XMPP communication protocol would be abandoned in favor of a new, proprietary way to do real-time voice, video and instant messaging communications. The time-line for the migration to this new way was not stated.

At about the same time, but separately, Google stated third-party applications should stop supporting XMPP by May 15th 2014. Now that this date has passed, like you, we have observed Google services using XMPP are still connected and working, e.g. you can still place and receive calls using a Gmail account configured on your Obi device. It is important to note, this does not change the previous statements from Obihai that we no longer support direct connections to Google Voice on OBi devices. We strongly recommend all OBi owners using the Google Voice service obtain a new service to ensure continued, uninterrupted calling from the phone connected to the OBi.

Fortunately, there are several OBiTALK Approved Service Provider (ASP) choices available to all OBi device owners for Internet VoIP phone services. These services are easy to sign-up for and configure automatically on an OBi device. They also come at a great price - with all fees and taxes included.

skidaddy1

skidaddy1

Android VOIP APP updated V2.95 still Beta. Plays nicer with Kit Kat 4.4.2. Number of bug fixes including Network Setting, WIFI vs 3G and click2call which seems more for tablets. Would not use it as a option for low voice minutes plan due to low voice quality with cell data though with WIFI is adequate when there is no cell phone coverage.

Not sure if the issue is with PP or the carrier on data / voip so might be as good as it gets.
skidaddy1

skidaddy1

So looks like Google Voice id not cut the plug. Not sure what I will do when my paid 1 year with Phone Power is up.

See below for email notification

Obihai has great news for everyone using Google Voice!

Google Voice is now Officially Supported on OBi VoIP devices.
Obihai is excited to announce official support for Google Voice. With a Google Voice account and a companion OBi device you can make and receive VoIP calls on a regular telephone. To get started, just login to the OBiTALK website, add your OBi device and select Google Voice as your service. You’ll then confirm your account with Google, and within minutes, you will be making and receiving calls from the comfort and convenience of your home phone. “With a Google Voice account configured on an OBi device, users will not only get all the great collaboration tools and app integration with Google Voice, they will also be able to enjoy many premium calling features, free calling within the U.S. and Canada and super-low cost international calling – all from the comfort of their home phone," said Jan Fandrianto, President and CEO of Obihai.
OBi Devices Make a Great Companion for Google Voice
• Place and Receive Calls with Your Google Voice Number on Regular Phones
• Call Internationally at Low Rates to Over 150 Destinations.
• Premium Features Included for Free Like Voicemail, Call Waiting, Telemarketer Blocking, Caller ID

You can now enjoy all the benefits of Google Voice on your OBi device, including features like personalized greetings, call blocking, SMS to email, and voicemail transcription. OBi users can also take advantage of Google Voice’s low calling rates. Today, calling the U.S. is free from the U.S. & Canada and 1¢ per minute from everywhere else. International calling rates are also really low, with per minute rates starting at 1¢ to Beijing, Bangalore, Mexico, Brazil and 150 other destinations – with no connection charge.* What's more, OBi users get premium features like Caller ID, telemarketer (spam) call blocking, call waiting, 3-way calling, and voicemail that acts like email – including voice message alerts by text and email with speech to text transcription.
The OBi device is a phone adapter which allows anyone to make and receive calls with a regular cordless or corded 'house' phone. Calling can be done by dialing a regular phone number. Receiving calls is easy. When someone dials your Google Voice number, the phone connected to your OBi device will ring. The OBi phone will ring if the user’s Google Voice number is called or if the user’s Google ID is called via Hangouts or Gmail. Also, since Google Voice does not support 911 calling, for a small fee, the OBi device may be set-up with a dedicated E911 VoIP service.
*Rates subject to change by Google.
For current rates please visit the following website: Google Voice: Calling Rates

OBi200 Sale at Newegg for $29.99 [Normally $49.99]
To celebrate this fantastic news, Obihai is offering customers a great deal on the OBi200 VoIP phone adapter purchased from Newegg.com for ONLY $29.99 with free shipping!!
Use Promo Code: EMCPAWW99 to get $20 off your purchase of the OBi200.
- Limit 2 per customer
- While supplies last.
Click Here for more details at Newegg.com.

Follow Obihai on Facebook and Twitter for specials on new OBi devices and accessories.

Email: info@obihai.com
raderator
join:2003-07-22
Conklin, NY

2 edits

raderator

Got the PP Obi $60/yr unlimited, no fee/tax plan. The only problem is it take 15 secs to ring out. Make this change to get that down to 7 secs.

»www.amazon.com/review/R1 ··· 04LO098O

Seems to work fine including the voicemail number. I am saving $20/month as I had let my account lapse to the $25/month default. Doh! No worries as with "free" services. This is supposed to renew at the same rate. If it doesn't, goodbye. Obi 100, BTW.
jledesma
join:2012-02-27
Milwaukee, WI

jledesma

My experience with PP....

has been good. 9 months into my 2nd signup. My 1st stint ended when I accepted a cable bundle
offer too good to refuse. After the cable offer expired I returned phone service to Phonepower with
a 2 year agreement. I know a 2nd tax/fee charge is due after the 1st year concludes. Fine, not a big deal; about $52 if I remember. Divide overall cost (free shipping) by 24 and I am again a happy camper. 99% of my calls are local and I am a light user.
Rebellious
join:2008-05-28

Rebellious

Android app not working

App often crashes when dialing, says "unregistered" or "attempting to register".

Call forwarding options, either crash the app or do nothing.

When calls do go through, it messes up the sound levels in the Android OS, requiring a reboot!

And a big question: If I make calls when I'm out of the country, when they call me back the phone rings at home 3,000 miles away. Is there a way to temporarily redirect incoming calls to my tablet? (which has a different MAC id than the PP adapter back home).

Great idea though, I hope you make it work soon

Nexus 7 v2
skidaddy1

skidaddy1

Re: Android app not working

Same issue on Nexus 5 Kit Kat. Tech support told me to turn off all click2call features and wifi / voip works fine. Reminded it is "Beta" and are updating for Kit Kat for those who want to use click2call with voip / wifi which it won't.

if that doesn't work may wish to chat with them

»www.phonepower.com/wiki/ ··· ort_Home

Minimum wait and I got someone who knew what they were doing.
goldaxinc
join:2014-04-25
palestinian

goldaxinc

Linksys Provisioning

Hello
i need some one help me to understand this please

/Sipura/$PN/cfgbase/$MA/$PRVST/$HWVER

PN Product Name: PAP2T
MA MAC Address: ***********

HWVER Hardware Version: 0.3.5

THIS PRVST i cant understand what they request so please if any one have experiences i will be thanks

marole
@72.79.238.x

marole

Anon

all calls go directly to voicemail since switching to verizon dsl

answering machine Panasonic won't pick up any calls. all calls go directly to voicemail. this started the day i switched my internet service to Verizon. I prefer to use my answering machine and have calls go to voicemail when i'm on the phone etc. what do I need to do? cancel voicemail? thanks.
fgb59h
join:2002-10-17
Hurst, TX

fgb59h

PhonePower Incoming Call Problem - Very Poor Service

PP has been having a technical problem with no sound on incoming calls. Problem has been around for at least 10 days which is some kind of a record. All calls to CS are being asked to check the company's twitter feed. And, they are basically asking everyone to forward incoming calls to cellphones (How am I supposed to call home when I am on the road - hello?)

The twitter feed reads "A small percentage of customers are experiencing problems with one way audio. Engineers are actively working toward a resolution." There appears to be very little urgency to fix this problem and the only tech support activity that I can discern is to retweet the same text one every day. The feed was not updated at all during the entire weekend.

Bad, Bad, Bad - I feel sorry for prepaying my subscription.

Pinan

join:2000-09-02
Murrieta, CA

Pinan

Re: PhonePower Incoming Call Problem - Very Poor Service

Yup. My business line was basically without incoming calls for 5 days! Not one-way audio mind you, no incoming calls at all. Just straight to VM. I chatted several times with tech support only to be told "they are working on it". Frustrating.

This is not the first time, just the first time it lasted 5 days.
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 17 · 18 · 19 · 20