dslreports logo
site
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
forum logo About
Peak to Peak Internet - open discussion forum. Share information with other users.

If this forum gets busy please nominate it for an upgrade to a full forum by proposing it in site feedback.
No recent reviews

have your review appear here

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
join:2002-02-18
Chicago, IL

fast

Wow this is fast dsl.

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
join:2001-04-09
Davenport, IA

Re: fast

haha fast dsl. Do you even have dsl?
--
If i had the money i would do COKE.

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
Yes I have Peak to Peak dsl and it is great.

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
wow what area do they service?

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
Colorado Springs.

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
haha is that a CITY or is it STATE colorado city springs.
--

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
Colorado Springs, CO is a city. Thats where the olympic training facility is and some other stuff like the broadmoore hotel.
--
It's 3 o'clock in the morning and I'm hungry so let's eat.

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
well i fell stupid. BUT i learn something ever day/
--

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
It's okay. I doubt they service there anyway but my friend uses this service i think and he's somewhere around there.
--

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
NIce. i wish i could get them. What speeds do they offer/ Ask your friend. I really like finding out how bad i have been getting screwed over.
--

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
He's getting 700 something down and 256 up for like $40. Great deal.
--

Thrawn2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Premium
Davenport, IA
yah thats not bad at all.

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
Nicey Nice Nice

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
w00t w00t

jawz
Woohoo For Broadband
Premium
Chicago, IL
shamn on peak2peak

livininarizona
Premium
join:2001-08-05
Merced, CA
woot
bjowens

join:2003-08-25
Colorado Springs, CO

Worst ISP/customer service ever!!

Only God and your undying patience will get you through a technical issue using Peak to Peak phone support. My issues started with them right from the start never stopped. I finally cancelled them out of pure frustration.

Upon getting DSL service in July 2003 I specified I wanted a static address. When I received my network settings from them I was given an IP address and subnet mask that were incompatible. Directly from their instructions:
     Step 5. Click on the IP Tab. Please Enter the IP address 199.165.157.91 and subnet mask 255.255.255.252.)
When I discovered this and called them, their tech support argued that their settings were correct until I proved to them otherwise. Only then did they escalate the issue to get it fixed. It took 3-4 business days and a weekend to get this worked out.

When I set up the service about the only thing they did get right was the billing address! I never got the static IP address I was paying for. Finally my service went down completely so I called them up. They immediately started denying the problem was theirs (even though my traceroutes were dying in their network) and refused to listen to any information I had about the issue. Realizing I was getting nowhere I asked to talk to their supervisor who was even less receptive than the tech support person. I finally cancelled my service with them and would advise anyone considering using them to think twice. I am going back to my previous ISP (Data West).

I have been doing computer work for almost 25 years and seemingly without fail know more about the technical issues I am calling about than the so-called experts trying to help. The cocksure attitude of the tech support at Peak to Peak is a sign of limited experience. If you like to diagnose your ISPs issues using your time and your computer as a lab rat because your ISP lacks the experience to understand they could be wrong, then Peak to Peak is a good ISP for you. They will only admit a mistake if you are able to prove beyond any doubt that the fault is theirs. I might add that you can only make your case after diagnosing their network with your PC. They will not listen until then.

From A-Z, Peak to Peak is the worst ISP I have ever had. I was even been forewarned on this very site that Peak to Peak was fully capable of this type of service. I should have listened, and so should you!

Other stuff:
  Upload/Download speed: OK but less than advertised (my Qwest line is rated for 1 Megabit so I doubt it is a line issue)
  Ping Times: Pretty bad actually (I don’t have stats but hitting my website from the Internet always had a severe lag time for everyone)
  Uptime: Mediocre (I was down constantly and never received warnings for outages)
  Phone support: Tech support is the absolute worst. Sales were polite but nothing I ever heard from them turned out to be true.
bjowens

join:2003-08-25
Colorado Springs, CO

Re: Worst ISP/customer service ever!!

I'm finally back online after 10 days. I was able to get Qwest to give me a refund for my line charges while I was down. I'm back with my old ISP (datawest.net) and they are awesome. Right as I hit the OK button on the DSL router after entering the the new settings all my IM programs logged in and I started getting email almost immediately. It only took one try with datawest.net, exactly how I remembered it happening 2 years ago when I started with them! It took peakpeak.com 6 days to get me online! The reason I left my previous ISP was because they cancelled usenet overnight without telling anyone...so I went to peakpeak.com. Well, peakpeak.com's news server pretty much suck; only a few good groups. I wish I would have just stayed where I was and bought my own easynews.com account since that is what I am doing now anyway.

The moral of this whole ordeal has been that there are good and bad ISPs out there. When you have a good ISP it can be easy to take them for granted. NEVER TAKE GOOD SERVICE FOR GRANTED!

mtnman11

@comcast.net

Poor Customer Service

I have used Peak to Peak Internet for the past 10 years. I have had a few problems, but was willing to deal with it because I know they are a small company and I prefer to support local businesses. However, I can no longer endure the poor customer service. 7 days ago my 2 e-mail addresses mysteriously stopped working. I called them for 5 days before I received any response - which was a message from a restricted number that stated they would call me back. They never did nor have they responded to my numerous voicemails since. It is impossible to call during "business hours" because they don't have any. You will never call and get to talk to a human being. You also can't go to an office to rectify any problems because they don't have one. One would think that a small company like this one would have stellar customer service in order to compete with the larger companies, not the case. If Peak to Peak Internet is not interested in retruning a simple phone call of a customer of 10 years, don't expect new customers to matter to them at all. Good luck Peak to Peak Internet. You lost my monthly financial contribution, my respect and my willingness to recommend you in a favorable light to others.