dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-01-04 11:31:09: According to Verizon filings with the SEC, their acquisition of Alltel will close on January 9. Verizon will pay $5.9 billion and acquire $22. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to Locutus65

Premium Member

to Locutus65

Re: Really dreading this

said by Locutus65:

I really hated hearing Verizon bought Alltel. I love my
Alltel plan. My wife has Verizon and it pretty much sucks. Too expensive, to few features and they simply do not give a crap about their customers.
As for equipment, I hope it still works unless Verizon is planning on giving me a new Palm Treo.
it'll still work, there was a prl push last week to make your phones prefer the vz towers

bjt
@qwest.net

bjt to SterlingJ85

Anon

to SterlingJ85

Re: At least...

sorry not correct it was omnipoint in NYC. they originally put up the network to replace the meter readers for the electric company they also sold pcs phones. they failed badly and were bought by voicestream

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

They're still making Alltel commericals

Alltel is taking this one down to the wire, I was watching TBS tonight on Directv and they had a brand new Alltel commerical, one with the claymation guys, it advertised an Alltel New Years phone sale. For a company going to Verizon in a few days, you sure wouldn't have known it after seeing this new commerical.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

Re: Upcoming changes?

said by fiberguy2:

Sorry, I disagree.. Ohio is nothing special. With a 30 day notice, they can change or discontinue your rate plan.

I think you are grossly mis-interpreting laws you are reading somewhere.
You are very very much confused and mis-informed.
Finally someone who realizes the truth.
budone
join:2002-09-07
Coopersville, MI

budone to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
said by hottboiinnc4:

But remember you're free to keep your service without a renew of a contract and still have to be offered your MyCircle since thats what your plan was signed up for and they can not change anything unless you resign again.
My Circle is NOT part of the contract. In the TOS, it states My Circle can be terminated at any time.
budone

budone to RR Conductor

to RR Conductor

Re: They're still making Alltel commericals

Sure you could. Did you notice the Verizon guy said nothing and stood apart from the other 3?

Mahalo
join:2000-12-20
united state

1 edit

Mahalo to 53059959

to 53059959

Re: Chad

New commercial
Scene opens with Chad and VZ dude in bed together.

Chad: Your network is so big.

VZ: Yea...I am going to give you some customer service.

Chad: Oh!!!

VZ: When I done with you I going to let these other thousand people with me screw you over too.

Chad's world fades to black.
phazah
join:2004-05-02
Findlay, OH

phazah

alltel info interest...

i hope they get some info out, you ask the Alltel staff at the stores and they are a clueless as we are...
i would love to know what i'm going to lose(i'm not on a contract right now)....
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to SterlingJ85

to SterlingJ85

Re: Areas that get spun off

I know the difference between the networks. I stated them before.

But not telling your customers anything and you have under a week now until the merger is complete is another Sprint-Nextel merger in the works.

You have all these prepaid people from Alltel wondering if they'll get to keep their service or not due to not being in a contract. CellCo Partnership won't tell them a damn thing because they claim they don't have to. You have Alltel on the other hand claiming they don't know what in the hell is going on.

And Sprint could have completed the merger if they would NOT have allowed people to switch from the Sprint brand to Nextel. If they would have made EVERYONE move to the Sprint side after their contract expired and STOPPED signed people up on Nextel's brand Nextel would not have any new customers and would all be happy in the CDMA land.

And you claim the Cellular One problem was due to the difference. You better thank again. Cellular One didnt tell their customers anything either just like Alltel is doing. VZW didnt tell customers anything either UNTIL after the merger was done and REQUIRED ALL CUSTOMERS to sign a NEW contract just because of the difference.

I was one of those customers and it was a pain in the ass. CellCo does NOT know how to manage a Merger let alone know how to take care of their customers.
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Bye bye Bellevue call center

where did you hear this ?

phxmark
What Country Are We Living In?
join:2000-12-27
Glendale, AZ

phxmark

Chad.

I am going to miss Chad.

Of course they may make Chad be the guy saying "Can you hear me now?"

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Areas that get spun off

My area is one that is getting screwed over.

I usually use over 5GB/mo for my mobile PC Repair Service. Now, I don't know what to do.

I hope Verizon sinks and someone takes them over. But we all know that will never happen.
scsiguru0
join:2000-11-18
Parkersburg, WV

1 edit

scsiguru0

Will switch to ATT

I have two phones currently with Alltel. One is out of contract (wife's) and my contract will expire in early June 2009. I plan to switch to ATT and get an Iphone for both of us. Verizon doesn't have anything to offer me.

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj to mod_wastrel

to mod_wastrel

Re: I'll wager...

said by mod_wastrel:

Alltel's U Prepaid is the first thing to go.
I wonder if Verizon will move the U Prepaid accounts over to Inpulse. My mom, sister and cousin have U Prepaid accounts (my mom since 2002!). Guess it's time to start moving them over to Page Plus. (Page Plus is a prepaid MVNO that uses the Verizon network and has very good voice airtime rates when not roaming).

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

What About Sprint and other area's

Area's that Alltel's Network blankets area's and VZW's network is weak? Will they just integrate the two.

And Sprint and Alltel signed a reciprocal EVDO/Voice roaming agreement?
Will us Sprint customer's be able to roam on VZW's whole EVDO network now? Or will it still stay the same area's as before with Alltel?

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to phazah

Premium Member

to phazah

Re: alltel info interest...

said by phazah:

i hope they get some info out, you ask the Alltel staff at the stores and they are a clueless as we are...
i would love to know what i'm going to lose(i'm not on a contract right now)....
they're not clueless, just limited to what can be said.
bcorley
Premium Member
join:2004-06-02
Burgaw, NC

bcorley to scsiguru0

Premium Member

to scsiguru0

Re: Will switch to ATT

I was a 12 year customer with at&t and a broken Tilt. They wouldn't even consider waving any fees or discounting the iPhone for me. I went to VZW and AT&T got there last $175 that they'll ever get out of my pocket!
scsiguru0
join:2000-11-18
Parkersburg, WV

scsiguru0

said by bcorley:

I was a 12 year customer with at&t and a broken Tilt. They wouldn't even consider waving any fees or discounting the iPhone for me. I went to VZW and AT&T got there last $175 that they'll ever get out of my pocket!
What reason would they have to discount the Iphone for you? Because of a broken phone. Their only obligation would be to resolve the broken Tilt issue. JMHO.
prev · 1 · 2 · 3