dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-06-29 15:01:51: Sure, Fairpoint in recent months can barely manage to answer the phone and is facing possible bankruptcy because of a heavy debt load, but that doesn't stop Fairpoint spokespeople from putting on a brave face to the local press. ..

sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin

Lol

"Next-Generation". In other parts of the world fiber was "last generation". Yay for us.
GenBlood
join:2005-04-14
Nashua, NH

GenBlood

Bottom line .. FairPoint needs to get their house in order .

Right now, FairPoint needs to get the billing issue fixed
and get the call centers working correctly. They also, should
take all the bonus's back and make the top people take a pay
cut.

So, I don't think FairPoint Communications is going to make
another year. FairPoint spent too much money for the network.
It's a waiting game now and we the user losses at the end ...
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to sonicmerlin

to sonicmerlin

Re: Lol

At least they are trying, which is more than I can say for att.

Ben
Premium Member
join:2007-06-17
Fort Worth, TX

Ben

Premium Member

said by me1212:

At least they are trying, which is more than I can say for att.
No kidding.

Here, my choices are Charter Residential, and Charter Business. That's right, I can't even get 768k DSL.

OK, so I guess I could get T1 (single or bonded), but that price tag is a bit steep...

As a result, the only money AT&T gets from me is for POTS.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

1 recommendation

me1212

I find it a bit humorus that a telco on the verge of doom-ish may be out doing att.

Ben
Premium Member
join:2007-06-17
Fort Worth, TX

Ben

Premium Member

said by me1212:

I find it a bit humorus that a telco on the verge of doom-ish may be out doing att.
The really funny part is that this is a town where the residents have sufficient money. The residents are more than capable of affording the service.

Here's another thing that's funny. In my county, in a smaller town (Highland, IL) that's a ways away, Verizon is the phone company. Yes, a different phone company even in the same county. Yet, no DSL there. It's also a reasonably wealthy town, filled with residents who aren't so happy with Charter and can more than afford DSL.

Awhile back, I heard something about Highland maybe wanting to build their own fiber network. I'm not sure what happened to that. Maybe Verizon spent money on suing them instead of spending that money on rolling out at least DSL if not FIOS.
me1212
Lees Summit, MO

me1212

Well if FTTH is that need they could always make a coop.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28 to me1212

Premium Member

to me1212
Are these the same people that took over casstel in peculiar MO and are charging people close to 100 bucks for a 1.5 MBPS service they think that's a good deal.

starw
@rcn.com

starw to Ben

Anon

to Ben
said by Ben:

said by me1212:

The really funny part is that this is a town where the residents have sufficient money. The residents are more than capable of affording the service.

Here's another thing that's funny. In my county, in a smaller town (Highland, IL) that's a ways away, Verizon is the phone company. Yes, a different phone company even in the same county. Yet, no DSL there. It's also a reasonably wealthy town, filled with residents who aren't so happy with Charter and can more than afford DSL.

Awhile back, I heard something about Highland maybe wanting to build their own fiber network. I'm not sure what happened to that. Maybe Verizon spent money on suing them instead of spending that money on rolling out at least DSL if not FIOS.
verizon in illinois is being sold so dont expect any upgrade to fios or dsl there

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

Things are hardly "normal"

Maybe in Vermont they are but as a reseller of former Verizon territories it's still laughable what Fairpoint is pulling:

1) Customers will change from FP to us, we'll submit a change-as-is order... and their techs run new pair.
2) Many lines during the change over were "lost." We are getting billed for them, have them on our CSR under our account... yet no engineering information. Go to open a ticket... and repair can't "find" the line. Even had a level 1 FP tech ask me what cable pair my customer was on. How in the hell should i know? We don't keep up with that.
3) Do dispatches and tickets are being closed without a call back.
4) Account rep spending more time on the plane then actually getting back to us when the repair department butchers something.
erikthebean
join:2007-06-25
Milford, NH

erikthebean

That sucks...heads up fairpoint has stopped doing resale to resale conversions. Their system cannot support it. My company is having issues taking resale from other CLEC's so instead of doing resale conversions were just ordering new resale lines. Kinda sucks..
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer to sonicmerlin

to sonicmerlin

Re: Lol

said by sonicmerlin:

"Next-Generation".
Deja Vu, it's like 1999 all over again!

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

Re: Things are hardly "normal"

That's bizarre, I don't get it.... you are only making a logical change. You take one resellers info and replace it with another one, it ain't rocket science.