spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-07-08 16:10:28: Ok, sure, Charter Communications hasn't been profitable since the company went public in 1999, posted a $2. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

Boredness
The Lurker
Premium
join:2005-07-07
In Limbo

Unfreaking believable

Wow just wow, it's people like him that are bringing down America. Nothing will be done about this because nobody has the balls to stop corruption. We will always forgive and forget.

Gee I wish I could get richer by sitting on my ass all day watching my company go bankrupt and not do a damn thing about it because I'm already set for life.
--
When you follow the money, you usually find the truth

charter_user

@charter.com

Define Failure

ok, let me get this straight. This guy takes over Charter like 2-3 years ago, when its in the worst shape of it's short lived life, makes it more profitable than it's ever been (I believe they made over a Billion last year alone), gets them into Chapter 11, gets 8 Billion shaved off the 20 billion in debt they owe, and most importantly, looks to have them emerging soon from Chapter 11 being able to operate on free cash flow, no longer needing to borrow money just to pay their bills.

This is a failure?

I think some of you take Karl's word as the gospel here. Do any of you follow the whole Charter situation? Heck one guy here was passing judgment on the picture alone. I must be missing something, or is everyone just brainwashed by Karl opinions? He, and his team, may be the best thing that has ever happened to Charter.

pspcrazy
Anime Freak

join:2008-02-06
San Diego, CA

Re: Define Failure

Yes that is what we call a failure, it seems like he hasn't made the user experience any better, not the speeds, nor the customer service. All he's done is pocketed the company money. A company which hasn't turned a profit for 10 years, shouldn't exist period. 2-4 years loss is normal, 10 is just laughable.
--
My Anime Site - AnimeCrazy.net

charter_user

@charter.com

said by pspcrazy:

Yes that is what we call a failure, it seems like he hasn't made the user experience any better, not the speeds, nor the customer service. All he's done is pocketed the company money. A company which hasn't turned a profit for 10 years, shouldn't exist period. 2-4 years loss is normal, 10 is just laughable.
Well it's too bad Karl's article is about Neil Smit and his management team, and not about Charter as a whole, or your argument may hold some validity. You openly admit 2-4 years is normal, and Neil and his team have been in place about what, maybe 3? So your willing to criticize, but you don't logically follow your own view points?

Yes, Charter has not been profitable, per say, in 10 years, but Neil and his team have only been there a small stint. When they come out of Chapter 11 and start turning a profit, then what will Karl and the rest of the cable hating clones start whining about?

Bor

@telus.net

said by charter_user
Yes, Charter has not been profitable, per say, in 10 years, but Neil and his team have only been there a small stint. When they come out of Chapter 11 and start turning a profit, then what will Karl and the rest of the cable hating clones start whining about?
[/BQUOTE :

If anyone thought that was really going to happen, the stock price would reflect it.

borats

@tds.net

Bor
If anyone thought that was really going to happen, the stock price would reflect it.
The stock is already worthless so what's your point? Newsflash!! That's what going in bankruptcy protection means. The stock no longer has value, so your point is quite moot.
geonap
lolatidiots

join:2005-12-14
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
said by charter_user :

ok, let me get this straight. This guy takes over Charter like 2-3 years ago, when its in the worst shape of it's short lived life, makes it more profitable than it's ever been (I believe they made over a Billion last year alone), gets them into Chapter 11, gets 8 Billion shaved off the 20 billion in debt they owe, and most importantly, looks to have them emerging soon from Chapter 11 being able to operate on free cash flow, no longer needing to borrow money just to pay their bills.

This is a failure?

I think some of you take Karl's word as the gospel here. Do any of you follow the whole Charter situation? Heck one guy here was passing judgment on the picture alone. I must be missing something, or is everyone just brainwashed by Karl opinions? He, and his team, may be the best thing that has ever happened to Charter.
hey Neil Smit, give me some of your monies.. i thought corporate would block your access to dslreports.com from the office.
--
Operation Northwoods
"Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious" -Oscar Wilde
»www.whatreallyhappened.com/
»tinyurl.com/pxq278
»www.snopes.com/quotes/goering.asp

Bor

@telus.net
Define failure? Umm, how about the biggest stockholder selling most of his holdings in the company for slightly under a grand?

And the current .02 share price just reeks of success.

borats

@tds.net

said by Bor :

Define failure? Umm, how about the biggest stockholder selling most of his holdings in the company for slightly under a grand?

And the current .02 share price just reeks of success.
You are obviously very confused about the process of Chapter 11. Yes, the stock is worthless, its called going Chapter 11. Once wall street got wind of it a few years ago (and it was pretty apparent this would need to happen for Charter to stay alive), the stock drops drastically. It's the direct nature of the markets, not a result of anything Neil did.

pspcrazy
Anime Freak

join:2008-02-06
San Diego, CA

Where can I sign up?

Man times like these I sometimes wish they picked me as the CEO, any idea's how to get started? I most likely could actually make them some profit.
--
My Anime Site - AnimeCrazy.net

Retired
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Nice !

Yeah, meng.....make that money !

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

Only in America

Only in America could a company that is ran this bad, stay alive.

I guess that part is a good thing, but to pay this guy double his previous salary is totally asinine!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Hpower
Roflmao

join:2000-06-08
Glendale, CA

How the hell?

Where the heck did they get the $7.4 million dollars from when they are bankrupt? Holy smokes that is one nice paycheck.
--
The Internet is about to go down....it is actually.
jericho7

join:2001-07-20
Halifax, NS

pathetic but is anyone really surprised by this?

As the saying goes, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, no matter how much the rich screw up and how much they lose or cause regular people to lose because of there arrogance this will continue to be the way it is. Nothing will ever change. It's pathetic and disgraceful but thats "America" . People losing there jobs and homes but these jokers continue to prosper. Someone has to start putting there foot down and start making all these corporations accountable.
mattniemu

join:2008-04-08
Waupaca, WI

1-888-get-charter or was it 1-888-get-yourmoney

I am not shock what so ever. Those greedy son of bitches.