spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-07-23 18:30:25: It's not clear yet whether AT&T's recent missteps have Apple reconsidering their iPhone exclusivity arrangement, but judging from AT&T's earnings, there's no doubt AT&T would like to extend the deal, which expires next year. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next

TuPaK

join:2002-07-21
San Gabriel, CA

AT&T's network is horrid

They can take their network along with their ETF once the iPhone is on Verizon or other carriers. I'll be more than happy to leave AT&T. The iPhone barely makes up for their highly lacking network.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

join:2006-07-23

Ughh

It seems like 80% of the news here on DSLreports is of a negative nature...this little tidbit is picked up on and AT&T (and their CEO) is bashed, yet, his other statement is conveniently forgotten:

»news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10293···0_3-0-10

Kevin83165

join:2002-03-31
Herrin, IL

Good riddance

I can't wait for my iphone contract to be up in December. I can't even get a 2G connection wherever I go and I will never be sucked into anything like this ever again.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Both Apple & AT&T will extend if that maximizes profits

This is a pure business deal. Apple will extend if they think that that will maximize their income. And if they think they can make more by selling to Verizon & Sprint & T-Mobile as well as AT&T, that is what they will do. It all is in the hands of the Marketing & Accounting departments and on their research studies on the subject.

Same with AT&T.

Of course, it will depend on how much senior mgt believes in the studies done by their Marketing departments and how close the call is on keeping the deal or ending it.
--
My BLOG .. .. Internet News .. .. My Web Page

baineschile
2600 ways to live
Premium
join:2008-05-10
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to TuPaK

Re: AT&T's network is horrid

apple and exclusive agreements are whats keeping the iphone users around

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:39

1 recommendation

reply to Fox McCloud

Re: Ughh

That can be fixed by the CEO of a company that has spent 12 months being BASHED MERCILOUSLY for network reliability not pretending that network reliability is the company's strong suit.

Fox McCloud
Crazy like a fox.

join:2006-07-23

said by Karl Bode:

That can be fixed by the CEO of a company that has spent 12 months being BASHED MERCILOUSLY for network reliability not pretending that network reliability is the company's strong suit.
my complaint is not this article in particular; credit where credit is due (or detraction where detraction is due), I just have grown tired of the general negative tone that most of this site's articles carry.

Rob916

@sbcglobal.net

AT&T

Network reliability? My boss has an iPhone on AT&T and his drops calls all the time and he's always pissed at the coverage. My iPhone is on T-Mobile and I have dropped 2 calls in the past 6 months. lol

Expand your moderator at work

Transmaster
Don't Blame Me I Voted For Bill and Opus

join:2001-06-20
Cheyenne, WY
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

1 edit

1 recommendation

Just Like Oliver Twist

'Please, sir, I want some more.
ATT treats it's iPhone customers

Elite

join:2002-10-03
Orange, CT
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

You people must live in shitty areas of coverage

I always have full 3G wherever I go. It's also always very speedy.

I've never had a problem with AT&T's 3G network.

It even worked when I went to NYC.

Perhaps I'm just lucky?

(Oh btw I've had 3G for 2+ years now.)
--
QUAD!!!!

Karl Bode
News Guy

2 edits

4 recommendations

reply to Fox McCloud

Re: Ughh

You mean like the article before this one that notes that Comcast's new network management technology is working well? Or the one before that which simply makes users aware of a possibly dishonest MLM operation?

What you see as negative, I see as honest. Those looking for rainbow-colored smoke blown up company posteriors certainly have no limit to alternative options. Thread's rather off topic, but feel free to instant message me with stories you feel are more uplifting.

ycool

join:2001-12-04
Miami, FL
reply to Transmaster

Re: Just Like Oliver Twist

LOL!!!!!!

Karl Bode
News Guy

1 recommendation

reply to Transmaster

unlimited gruel restricted to one bowl per week. May contain bones and other foreign matter. Bowl and/or eating utensil may not work.

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
reply to TuPaK

said by TuPaK:

They can take their network along with their ETF once the iPhone is on Verizon or other carriers. I'll be more than happy to leave AT&T. The iPhone barely makes up for their highly lacking network.
Yes indeed. AT&T's service might be greater than others in my area, but having "bars" on your phone means nothing when you can't use them.
--
Make your Sipura/PAP2 speak. »www.voipurize.com
SouthWest Louisiana PC Users Group »www.swlapcug.com

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

1 edit

I think the guy means their network quality is the best

of At&t's history.

Which means nothing of any relevance since at&t has historically had bad service.

It's a nice way to say: 'We suck a bit less now'.

Which means Karl is only telling us half the story.

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
reply to Elite

Re: You people must live in shitty areas of coverage

I have no problem with the AT&T network or coverage either. But, perhaps, it is our SNET background that does that?
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

alexmac

join:2009-07-23
New York, NY

1 edit

No-not reliable

As an iPhone user, their network is certainly not keeping me there. It will however be leading to my new blackberry with Verizon in september when my iPhone contract runs out.

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium
join:2001-01-29
Proverbs 3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
·Knology
reply to digiblur

I live 10 miles outside of Charleston, SC and I get no bars. Zero, nadda. Actually, the message is "No Service". It is what a black hole really is for AT&T.
--
If you are having half as much fun as I am, then I must be having twice the fun than you are. Do The Math!

KenC

@rr.com

Well, the only alternative...

... is Verizon, and it's not the most consumer friendly carrier, with its long history of crippling handsets. Do you really think there's any way that Apple would cripple their handset to satisfy Verizon's moneygrubbing ways?

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

join:2008-03-28
kudos:1

Hmmm...

The best thing I've heard about the at&t network is that it's "consistent"... which is, I suppose, something you can "rely" on . As to whether that actually equates to "reliable"... meh.

I guess Randall would say: "Pah-tay-toe, pah-tah-toe."

w4ncr

join:2000-10-27
reply to TuPaK

Was listening to the conference call today, they keep bringing up their cellular sites that they are going to have to increase their back haul to these sites, seems to me not enough bandwidth to these sites and many other reasons I do not own a IPHONE.

Chaldo

join:2008-03-18
West Bloomfield, MI
reply to alexmac

Re: No-not reliable

said by alexmac:

As an iPhone user, their network is certainly not keeping me there. It will however be leading to my new blackberry with Verizon in september when my iPhone contract runs out.
I wouldn't do that if I where you, Verizon's services on the blackberrys have been getting lacky these past few months, lots of issues around here n other areas, lots of people complaining BBM isn't working right, texts, calls. I just switched my cousin who had a curve on Verizon to AT&T with the Bold (which I have too) 100% of his problems are gone. He loves it.

I'm just letting you know what ive seen so far.

Chaldo

join:2008-03-18
West Bloomfield, MI

2 edits

I can't believe that many of you have problems

I live in Detroit area, I never have problems with AT&T never, I went to california, no problems, newyork no problems, chicago no problems. I love there service and I hope there LTE kicks the shit out of verizon's. I been with this company for 12 years and I have only dropped a few calls, and texts run smooth.

Also all of you that complain about AT&T crippling features in the iPhone need to shut up, why? Imagine if Verizon had it exclusively, tell me what they would do? There damn blackberry's cant even have freaking WIFI..... Yeah people need to think before they talk.

Verizon iPhone, VCAST!!!! omg no wait VERIZON APP STORE!!!! Yea have fun.

Also when is AT&T moving there 3G to 850 mhz?

sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
reply to Chaldo

Re: No-not reliable

Is that you Stephenson?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44
reply to TuPaK

said by TuPaK:

USA wide verizon sucks.
Att has better service just about everwhere.
I go cross country all the time.
People from work with verizon hate it.
--
For those of you playing a drinking game.... MY FRIENDS!

Telco_Tech

join:2009-05-18
Toledo, OH
reply to TuPaK

said by TuPaK:

Everything about AT&T is horrid -- they're a vile company run by liars and criminals. Their track record with handing over user data to the NSA without due process is a wonderful example of their lack of morals. I will never, EVER knowingly do business with them. Two cans connected by a string would be a better option.

- Tate

mrhighway

@verizon.net

1 recommendation

AT&T is solid on me!

Yep, honestly I've been with AT&T for over ten years myself. Don't get me wrong. Their 3g still leaves something to be desired as for speed for me but all in all, it is solid. No matter where I go, it works. That is about all I can expect from ANY mobile carrier. Also, I work for Verizon and I can tell you that it is not rosey over here either. Many on these forums act as if Verizon is the super carrier or something but I've got to tell you, this simply if far from the truth.

I have had many different phones with AT&T and with the exception of the iphone, have not had many calls dropped. I think many of these issues are with the iphone to tell you the truth. My wife's AT&T phone doesn't drop calls and sometimes we can me together right next to each other and my iphone may say NO SERVICE while her Erikson phone is fine. That is why I say that the iphone shares some of these issues.

I'm NOT an Apple fan boy either. I'm not one to pay the Apple tax. That is why I won't buy one of their overpriced computers. My pc does everything I did it to do, cablecard, mediacenter, blu-ray and all.

To sum it up though: In my opinion, AT&T is a solid carrier and no matter where I go I never have any major issues. As some of my co-workers ask, "Why don't you just switch over to Verizon?" I always reply, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

My two cents only and this is from a Verizon employee.

Expand your moderator at work

djnrg787

join:2009-06-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Chaldo

Re: I can't believe that many of you have problems

i have att and would never go anywhere else if my bill was ever messed up i would get a month free out of it, ive been with them for 6 or more years and dont have any problems that come close to verizon, few people i know that have verizon are always swinging there phone in the air for 1 signal bar when i have full 3g and try calling them, i get the comment from them just talk i can hear u but you cant hear me. cool i love 1 way convos.