dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-08-04 15:48:52: We've well-documented how Fairpoint Communications has all-but imploded from the acquisition of Verizon's Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont DSL networks. ..

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Verizon was clever,

Failpoint was arrogant.
And Cap-Gemini never called before they dug. And the hole can't be filled...

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

1 recommendation

swintec

Premium Member

Give it some time..

In a few months, you will see our landlines on Craigslist for sale. Unfortunately, Fairpoint will fall for the Nigerian scam where they send a check for quadruple the amount and then tell them to keep the extra for the "trouble".

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

Reverse Morris Trust

This tax law gets knocked all the time. But it isn't some tax dodge. It allows EXISTING shareholders of assets to keep those assets without having to pay a transfer tax when the assets are spun off to new mgt.

It is the same assets, just under new mgt. Why should the existing shareholders get banged with extra taxes. And it isn't Verizon that got some big tax writeoff, it is the stockholders that weren't hit with some bogus capital gains tax.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re ··· is_trust
zed2608
Premium Member
join:2007-09-30
Cleveland, TN

1 edit

1 recommendation

zed2608

Premium Member

relly it does not matter anymore about verzion in fairpoints case anymore thats done happened and wont change

point is i think fairpoint is imploding and will like be broken up and sold to at&t or some other telacom

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

This tax law gets knocked all the time. But it isn't some tax dodge. It allows EXISTING shareholders of assets to keep those assets without having to pay a transfer tax when the assets are spun off to new mgt.

It is the same assets, just under new mgt. Why should the existing shareholders get banged with extra taxes. And it isn't Verizon that got some big tax writeoff, it is the stockholders that weren't hit with some bogus capital gains tax.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re ··· is_trust
I agree, I don't see what's so shady about this. Besides, nobody held a gun to FairPoint's head and made them accept this deal. As another poster said, FairPoint's problems now are not Verizon's fault. FairPoint knew the song before they agreed to dance.

SLD
Premium Member
join:2002-04-17
San Francisco, CA

SLD

Premium Member

I remember all of the predictions that that whatever telco bought those customers would basically die a horrible death. Sounds like they were correct.
GenBlood
join:2005-04-14
Nashua, NH

GenBlood

FairPoint ... STOP .. wasting money ...

FairPoint you messed up and come clean. You paid way
too much for the lines. You should have made Verizon
help in the switch over on the billing and the other
issues in the call center ....

As far as I'm concern ... game over and call the lawyers
an file for chapter 11 .... or in your case lets say Chapter 7 ...
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to zed2608

to zed2608

Re: Reverse Morris Trust

ATT won't take them. They would have already bought them.

ATT will be the next ones to spin off their rural networks as they're busy with U-Verse and ATTM.

It wouldn't be a bad idea at this point for Co-Ops and small ILECs to start merging and start buying some of these exchanges.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to GenBlood

to GenBlood

Re: FairPoint ... STOP .. wasting money ...

and in your case your 911 will stop working and then you can come on here and complain about that.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4

Re: Reverse Morris Trust

said by hottboiinnc4:

It wouldn't be a bad idea at this point for Co-Ops and small ILECs to start merging and start buying some of these exchanges.
And guess who shows up to buy them then....
patcat88

patcat88 to BillRoland

to BillRoland
said by BillRoland:

I agree, I don't see what's so shady about this. Besides, nobody held a gun to FairPoint's head and made them accept this deal. As another poster said, FairPoint's problems now are not Verizon's fault. FairPoint knew the song before they agreed to dance.
Since when is FairPoint a rational, thinking person that sees consequences, and not a limited liability corporation?

bobobobo
@rr.com

bobobobo to patcat88

Anon

to patcat88
Centurytel (or Centurylink), Fairpoint, or Frontier. The triumvirate of two-bit telecom titans.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

Fairpoint is the one people are saying to leave and give up.

ATT doesn't want it, VZ doesn't want it. At least Fairpoint is trying to make it work.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

tim_k to GenBlood

Premium Member

to GenBlood

Re: FairPoint ... STOP .. wasting money ...

said by GenBlood:

. You should have made Verizon
help in the switch over on the billing and the other
issues in the call center ....
At least on the DSL side (and most likely POTs) Verizon worked with Fairpoint for months while they were suppose to get up to speed. Mostly things were handled like normal until the cutover.