spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-10-22 16:17:04: We've long criticized the broadband industry's biggest companies for their unethical practices when it comes to DC lobbying, from the creation of artificial consumer groups, to the "co-opting" of legitimate groups who parrot anti-consumer phone or ca.. ..

page: 1 · 2

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to halo5

Re: It's a Marxist plot!!!

Great. Just what we need. These guys muddying the waters and uniting the Republican masses to destroy our own future. I swear sometimes the public is played like a fiddle.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to 60529262

Re: Good Thing John McCain is coming to their rescue

That's another way these things are done. You name something the exact opposite of what it does.

For example, some proposal for by the byte billing and major overage charges would be called something like "The Internet Freedom and Consumer Fairness Policy" or some other crap.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to karlmarx
We're trying to get a policy. Problem is it's a pro-big-business, very anti-competitive, anti-Internet-Freedom, and very anti-consumer policy. /angry
--

KrK
Premium
Tulsa, OK
reply to Bill Dollar

Re: Follow the Trail Further

said by Bill Dollar:

just maybe this could blow up the way the comcast-seat filler scandal did.
I'll bet if you asked 100 Americans on the street about the Comcast "Seat Filler" scandal, they'd say....

"Huh?"
--

Kuls

@rr.com

Alltell Lobbyist Linked to Coalition Address

After digging around for a little bit, I found this little gem on the registered lobbyist list in Arkansas.

Cecil Alexander resides in the Treetops apartment complex and is registered as a lobbyist for Alltell. 1 Treetops is the address cited for the Arkansas Retired Seniors Coalition. Strange coincidence.

»www.sosweb.state.ar.us/elections···6-03.pdf

(search the pdf for treetops)

phuntism

join:2003-08-01
Manhattan Beach, CA
reply to Phillip

Re: Dividends and Unions

said by Phillip:

There is not a single person in office, republican or democrat that give a rats ass about us, but only what they can keep for themselves.
I question your extreme cynicism, but I do appreciate your bipartisanship!

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

Hope You Love Your Caps

When the net neutrality people whined to Comcast about them giving priority to certain types of traffic over others, Comcast responded by imposing a monthly usage cap, thus equally "managing" all types of traffic.

We've seen non-wireless ISPs attempt to impose ridiculously low caps that would make the Internet useful to no one. Like it or not, certain types of Internet traffic can and should be prioritized over other types, and removing the right of an ISP to do this is going to result in even more ISPs imposing caps.

Do we really want to go down this path?
--
Blagojevich / Madoff 2012!

ackman

join:2000-10-04
Atlanta, GA

Thanks, Fox News

for creating a generation of ignorant, misinformed, uninformed dumba$$es, clearly the symptom highlighted by the above story. Who would have thought that so many people would hop on board the pro-corporation anti-citizen fascist bandwagon in this America "democracy".

houselog442

join:2005-10-05
And to think, some people on here get mad at me because I have said recently that conservatives are mentally retarded, micro-cephalic, and subhuman!

ackman

join:2000-10-04
Atlanta, GA
and my rant was actually a sideways jab at the morons who watch Fox, but clearly this story, which has been covered by MSNBC, is about lobbyists fraudulently using unsuspecting organizations' letterhead to send out scary information about Obama's desire to kill old people. Nonetheless, it's the breed of ignorance that festers in the Fox community that creates the environment for this sort of abuse.

houselog442

join:2005-10-05
aka astroturfing!

Gentry3

join:2009-10-24
Springfield, OH

Who Knew Senior Citizens Hated Net Neutrality?

Who are the 70 or 72 House Democrats?

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:39
reply to caco

Re: Bob Sells must be related to this guy.

Well, it turns out old Bob was a Bell PR guy for nearly thirty years:

»www.journalism.missouri.edu/news···lly.html

batageek
Slave To The Duopoly
Premium
join:2003-01-25
reply to nixen

Re: Subtle Knifing

revenge