dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-11-12 14:26:58: You might remember how during the summer, Teresa Dixon Murray at the Cleveland Plain Dealer did a great job highlighting a phantom $1.99 fee Verizon was hitting consumers with -- even if they didn't use any data. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

Deft

Premium Member

Whoop de doo!

two measly dollars!!!! there goes my bank account!

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
join:2003-07-20
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

Re: Whoop de doo!

said by Deft:

I don't think it is about the money, but rather the blatant attempt to get one over on their customers.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by Matt3:
said by Deft:

I don't think it is about the money, but rather the blatant attempt to get one over on their customers.
I always called and got the $2 back, but it was annoying and it was(along with lack of good smartphones) that that made me leave Verizon and switch to Sprint this past summer.

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
Jamestown, NC

Matt3

Premium Member

said by FFH5:
said by Matt3:
said by Deft:

I always called and got the $2 back, but it was annoying and it was(along with lack of good smartphones) that that made me leave Verizon and switch to Sprint this past summer.
I think they're banking on people to just get annoyed and eventually get frustrated enough to stop calling and let it go. After all, it's only $2. I hate to say it, but if this repeatedly happened to me, I'd probably let it go as $2 is just not worth my time. I think it might depend on how busy I am at work and if I feel like letting go on someone though.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

1 recommendation

en102

Thinks of it this way... VZW has 89 million customers.
I'd assume that at least 1/2 have some form of data package.

Lets do some easy math and assume 1/4 have this $2 bill.

$2 /month x 25 million subscribers = $50 million/month

That's a whole lotta money pulled in... for nothing.

Phil
Rojo Sol
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
Downers Grove, IL

Phil to Matt3

Premium Member

to Matt3
That sets a bad precedent on what shouldn't be an allowable business practice.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

I always called and got the $2 back, but it was annoying
I went thru the same thing when they kept billing me for the VZW Navigator and other trial subscriptions months after I had cancelled them. I'd complain, they'd remove the charges and assure me that it was now cancelled, only to be billed for it again the following month.

In this case, they didn't even do that for me. I got stuck with an extra $8 on my bill (I have four lines), and I'm wondering if the same thing's going to happen again next month. Unfortunately, I recently upgraded the phones on three of the lines, so I'm stuck with them for another two years.
Corydon
Cultivant son jardin
Premium Member
join:2008-02-18
Denver, CO

Corydon to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
On my last two Sprint phones (without data plans) if I hit anything that would start a data connection, it would always ask if that's what I wanted to do. I always said no and I've never been charged.

It's a shame...I've been hearing good things about Droid and would consider looking into switching to Verizon were it not for the fact that the company is so darn shady.

bent
and Inga
Premium Member
join:2004-10-04
Loveland, CO

1 recommendation

bent to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
Ok, you and every other VZ customer can send that $2 to me if it's no big deal.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

said by bent:

You mean the 86.3 million retail customers

it's just two measly dollars.

BTW when I had Mmode from AT&T I asked to have them block all our phone from going online, we'd get the error which is normal but we NEVER got charged.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

I have the option on my phone itself to block data services. I can still send txt and picture messages, but trying to open any of the online services shows as blocked. I've never been hit with the fee.

So I assume the method that does get you hit is when you have VZ block data from their end.

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad

Premium Member

We did the same thing when we noticed some (small) data charges on our new phones. It turns out my mother-in-law (who is on our plan) kept hitting the wrong keys and would go online. So now she can't go online even if she wanted to. Now, if new data charges show up, we'll know they're bogus.
Expand your moderator at work
bobny1
join:2004-09-10
Bronx, NY

bobny1 to TechyDad

to TechyDad

They do it on purpose!. They setup the new phones with the upkey shortcut to the internet by defult. I called and went to the store twice when my doughters new phone got $300 data charged the first week. But they never pointed that out until I got really upset and threaten to open a case with BBB, etc. Phone companies and Banks are licensed crookes.

bent
and Inga
Premium Member
Loveland, CO

bent

Premium Member

said by bobny1:

They do it on purpose!. They setup the new phones with the upkey shortcut to the internet by defult. I called and went to the store twice when my doughters new phone got $300 data charged the first week. But they never pointed that out until I got really upset and threaten to open a case with BBB, etc. Phone companies and Banks are licensed crookes.
You forgot to add insurance companies to your list.
bobny1
join:2004-09-10
Bronx, NY

bobny1

You kidding me!!. They want to charge me flood insurance for my grave..LOL

nixen
Rockin' the Boxen
Premium Member
join:2002-10-04
Alexandria, VA

nixen to Warzau

Premium Member

to Warzau
said by Warzau:
said by bent:

You mean the 86.3 million retail customers

It's kind of like the "rounding" scams. Yeah, it's less than a cent, but you add up enough of them and you're talking Real Money(TM).

bent
and Inga
Premium Member
Loveland, CO

bent to Warzau

Premium Member

to Warzau
said by Warzau:
said by bent:

PM me for my PayPal info.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

no send that $2 my way

I just want $2 from 1/4 of the world
(if we assume the world pop is 6billion people)
6,000,000,000*.25+$2.00=$3,000,000,000

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to Warzau

MVM

to Warzau
said by Warzau:

You mean the 86.3 million retail customersWouldn't that actually be 86.3 million minus how many already pay for data where a accidental activation of a data service wouldn't have a negative impact?

spam
@cox.net

spam to Warzau

Anon

to Warzau
said by Warzau:

I believe that's $300 Million per month.
margaf
join:2000-12-22
Las Vegas, NV

margaf to Deft

to Deft
said by Deft:

I dont know about you but I work damn hard for my money and I dont think a company should be allowed to scam it like that.

It might be a tiny amount but imagine how many times you or I get screwed by a company engaging in these types of practices. Say you have 5 companies you deal with doing something like that, thats $24 a yr * 5. If that still means nothing to you then Ill give you my paypal and you can send it to me.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

1 recommendation

ptrowski to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
said by Deft:

Ever watch the movie Office Space?

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

2 recommendations

Omega to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
said by Deft:

$24 over the year.
$48 after 2 years.

So what dollar amount is acceptable for you to be stolen from before you complain about it?

For me, 1 cent is too much.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88

said by Omega:

You pick up pennies off the ground if you dropped them?

You pick up pennies off the ground if they are abandoned?

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

1 recommendation

Camelot One

MVM

said by patcat88:
said by Omega:

You pick up pennies off the ground if you dropped them?

You pick up pennies off the ground if they are abandoned?
I always carry change with me, tossing a penny here and there on the ground, which my wife can't resist picking up.

Yes, I am easily amused.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

1 recommendation

Bill Neilson to patcat88

Premium Member

to patcat88
Yes

Yes

vzw emp
@qwest.net

1 recommendation

vzw emp to patcat88

Anon

to patcat88
The point is that they are charging something that they know is bogus. They could easily set a limit on the amount of data used (0.05kb) before you incur a charge and prevent it but they don't. They could also program the directional keys to a function that does not access the internet (I've done that on my own Verizon phone) but, again, they don't.
AstroBoy
join:2008-08-08
Parkville, MD

AstroBoy

said by vzw emp :

The point is that they are charging something that they know is bogus. They could easily set a limit on the amount of data used (0.05kb) before you incur a charge and prevent it but they don't. They could also program the directional keys to a function that does not access the internet (I've done that on my own Verizon phone) but, again, they don't.
Right... That would cost Verizon millions, if an employee tried to make that happen, they would be fired!

PA64738
@cox.net

PA64738 to patcat88

Anon

to patcat88
The bigger question for you is, if someone robbed you, and all you had was $2 and they ran off, would you file a police report? What if it was $200? What if 2cents? Would you care to file a police report, or feel robbed? I mean, you WERE robbed, its how you feel about it that counts and what you do about it.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

1 recommendation

jjeffeory to patcat88

to patcat88
Well, it is good luck to do so! 8-)

Sure! Every heard of the phrase " a penny saved is a penny earned"? Of course, those pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters may be pretty darned dirty!
Desdinova
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Gaithersburg, MD

1 recommendation

Desdinova to patcat88

Premium Member

to patcat88
"You pick up pennies off the ground if you dropped them?

You pick up pennies off the ground if they are abandoned?"

Hellz yeah!

»www.straightdope.com/col ··· -a-penny
soothsayer15
join:2002-03-01
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

soothsayer15 to Deft

to Deft
said by Deft:

That's the exact attitude they are hoping for. That $2 to you is tens of millions in dollars to them. It's what old-timers refer to as "nickel and diming". I'm for businesses making a profit, but charging for services not provided is stealing. I've worked in businesses where this behavior was rationalized.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to Deft

to Deft
said by Deft:

Unless you have more than one line, like I do. This phantom charge showed up on all four of my lines.

Michael C
join:2009-06-26
Cedar Park, TX

Michael C to Deft

to Deft
Sweet! Then you won't mind giving me $2 a month from now on. Now if I can just find a few million more just like you.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
said by Deft:

Then you won't mind sending me $2 every month. it's only $2 so you should have no problem sending me the $2 every month for me doing nothing.
It's only $2. PM me and I'll give you my paypal email address to send the money to.

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
said by Deft:

...a month times all the phones that accidently incur the charge. It adds up to big money, my friend.
dfxmatt
join:2007-08-21
Crystal Lake, IL

dfxmatt to Deft

to Deft
hey doofus, what do you think two dollars is multipled by hundreds of thousands of customers?

There goes your CEO's bank account. Nice job throwing your $2 into it.

while you're at it, why don't you donate $2 to me, on that same principle?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
said by Deft:

Yes, as a single phone user you are not concerned, but if you had a Family using 10 phones that would be $20 a month that they would be getting of your hard earned money over on you or if you had a Business with 100 employee phones that you pay for their phones then that would be $200 per month they would be getting for free out of you/your Business. Still not a problem, right? The whole point of the article is that the sheer number of customers involved makes this a huge and free windfall profit to a corporation by using an illegal practice and not supplying any benefit what so ever to the customer for it. The FCC and State Regulators should be fining them heavily for this crap until it stops and is prevented from happening further.

BTW, since you don't mind giving away $2.00 each month out of your account, please send me your account numbers. I will start a new service where I bill everyone that thinks like you and doesn't complain about it because it is only $2 bucks. I'll be rich as hell in a few months like the corporation fat cats. woohoo!

~Ignore the 2 dollar Doctor Olds fee on your phone bill, Ignore the 2 dollar Doctor Olds fee on your phone bill, Ignore the 2 dollar Doctor Olds fee on your phone bill~
33358088 (banned)
join:2008-09-23

33358088 (banned) to Deft

to Deft
said by Deft:

ok !!!!!send me 300$million please its not much really

•••••

Z80
1 point 77
Premium Member
join:2009-08-31
Amerika

1 recommendation

Z80 to Deft

Premium Member

to Deft
It's not $2, it is about systematic theft. Sure, they refund the $2 if you ask. You don't ask, then they just keep it.

When caught in a billing error they should refund plus a penalty. If you make a "mistake" and send in too little, they sure hit you with a penalty fast enough.

anon coward
@speakeasy.net

anon coward to Deft

Anon

to Deft
Send DSL reports $2 every time you use the Web ...

Deft
Stros in '08
Premium Member
join:2003-09-06
Grand Forks, ND

Deft

Premium Member

said by anon coward :

Send DSL reports $2 every time you use the Web ...
why would i do that when i pay the interweb company already.. dont be retarded anon..

Matt3
All noise, no signal.
Premium Member
Jamestown, NC

2 recommendations

Matt3

Premium Member

Total BS

This is total BS, but his math is off. It can't possibly happen to 89 million customers, as a large percentage of those have data plans already.

Regardless, I agree with his conclusion that it's nothing but a money grab. There are two very simple ways to resolve this; give the first MB of usage for free or disable data usage and prompt the user to enable if they really want to browse the web.

•••••

Tobester
join:2000-11-14
San Francisco, CA

1 recommendation

Tobester

Sure Verizon is aware............

They will remove the $1.99 change if you call Customer Service, however, most folks probably don't even notice the charge on the bill or forget to call Verizon.

I have blocked data on my Verizon cell phone, but I guess I am old school and actually prefer email on my computer.

•••••

MalibuMaxx
Premium Member
join:2007-02-06
Chesterton, IN

1 recommendation

MalibuMaxx

Premium Member

Fixxed this on some phones.

I blocked all data yelled at verizon fifteen times about it. They dont charge me if i accendently access mobile web because it takes you to a manage acct screen first where you have to accept it or there you can manage your account for free. Just saying. Now on my fathers phone its a whole nother story and he has verizon too. Motorola instead of an LG.
ssavoy
Premium Member
join:2007-08-16
Dallas, PA

1 recommendation

ssavoy

Premium Member

Re: Fixxed this on some phones.

That's what it used to do. Now you have to navigate through nearly 1MB worth of pay-for pages before you reach the landing site.

AT&T might suck coverage wise, but it makes me so much more happier I switched to them when I could last year.

CurGeorge8
join:2005-05-02
South Park, PA

CurGeorge8

Those directional keys

are re-programmable.

Also, as a former VZW rep (left in Aug), I can say with near perfect certainty that you are not billed data if all you do is open mobile web and view the homepage. Data billing starts once you go to the second page.

You are billed data the moment the Get It Now or Media Center application catalog is initialized.

You are not billed for the sending and receiving of picture/video messages. However, a complete data block will turn these services off.

It is very easy to be billed for data services, but it's also very easy to avoid the charges. I have 3 phones on my account, all capable of being charged for data. None of them have a data plan, nor any data blocks. I have never had a problem with these erroneous charges. All of the users know what not to do to avoid being billed.

••••••
penberth
join:2009-07-09
North Tonawanda, NY

penberth

I believe that they know about it...

...And do nothing about it.

I recently canceled my VZ home phone and DSL services. Before I did this, I called up and talked to customer service and asked if I was under a contract. They looked it up and said that I had no contract on the account.

A few days after that, I canceled my service with them. On my last bill, I had a $79 early termination fee. I called up and complained, they explained that it was a mistake and removed it.

I would bet that they apply an early termination fee to everyone's account that cancels too, just to see who pays and who doesn't. Why not make a little extra cash as the user is canceling, if they complain, remove it, if not, pocket it. I am willing to bet that if I had paid the ETF, and they had discovered the "error" they wouldn't have refunded me the money.

mod_wastrel
anonome
join:2008-03-28

mod_wastrel

Dear Verizon Wireless,

This is the kind of corporate attitude that keeps me from being one of your customers (except for your having bought Alltel and my waiting for that old balance to expire ).

Can you hear me now?

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad

Premium Member

We had a $1.99 charge

One day while examining our bill, we noticed a $1.99 charge. Not for data services, but for a phone's warranty. Now, we had never put a warranty on any of our phones, so this was a bit odd. We called up Verizon Wireless and it turned out that this charge was on there for over a year. We usually look at our bills closely, so I have no clue how we missed this (beyond that they seem to go out of their way to make bills hard to read). They refused to refund the past charges, but stopped the future warranty charges. Still, we were angry that they charged us $30 for warranty service that we never requested.

ColoDSL
@omcastbusiness.net

ColoDSL

Anon

Novel Idea

Here's an idea start billing for data at 50k, problem solved!

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

Shhh!

They shouldn't be telling people about this or making this public. Otherwise, T-Mobile will probably start doing it. Of late, they seem to be copying all the bad practices of the other three.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

AT&T does this too

The "DeathStar" button on AT&T phones also immediately activates internet access, and it is so near the navigation/shortcut keys that not occasionally bumping it is almost impossible.

The AT&T official solution is to sign up for a data plan for each phone so that the bill will be "predictable". I was told that there was no way to administratively disable internet access to their phones.

I found a work around by changing the internet access settings to bogus values (at least in the phones currently on my account that I don't want to have internet access). Those phones now produce a popup message indicating that there was a problem connecting to the internet, and I no longer get the random $2 - $10 charges for the phone user accidentally bumping the "DeathStar" key.

Possibly Verizon phones can be similarly mis-configured to disable internet access?

•••
betam4x
join:2002-10-12
Nashville, TN

betam4x

Lawsuit

I smell a class action lawsuit...
donh06
join:2006-11-27
Jackson, WY

donh06

Re: Lawsuit

Ya maybe they can put another button on there to send 1.99 do there defense team so it won't cost them any more. Maybe another to the class action team too. Thats all the benefit consumers will get out of this.

Don

Dread
On course
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Bronx, NY

Dread to betam4x

Premium Member

to betam4x
They have a map for that

Ioweyou
@comcast.net

Ioweyou

Anon

'Extra' fees

Has anyone flown lately?

A fee for airport use
A fee for take off and landing
A fee for an extra bag
A fee if your bag/s are over 50lbs
A boarding fee
A fee for a specific seat (aisle/window/exit row)
A fee for a sandwhich on the plane
A blanket and pillow fee
A fee for lavatory usage (even if you don't use it)
A fee for listening to music or watching the video
A fee for a soft drink now

At your bank.

You have $3 in your account and you buy a large Mocha coffe for $5.69.... guess what? The bank allows the transaction on your ATM card KNOWING your account will go negative and you get charged a $35 fee.

Fees are big money makers. No way are corporations going to give them up. The one about long voicemail greetings with all those instructions... I already knew that was a scam to use up your minutes.

These companies have think tanks that sit around all day and think up ways to charge fees.

PA64738
@cox.net

PA64738

Anon

Re: 'Extra' fees

Fly Southwest, you'll have far less extra fees.

DevlishHusky
join:2004-06-07
New Milford, NJ

1 edit

DevlishHusky

since everyone's in such a giving moood...

hello everyone! I'm in a bit of a financial bind and i need some cash to get everything straightened out! I'll take $2 donations every month since $2 is no big deal! ^ ^
doppler
join:2003-03-31
Blue Point, NY

doppler

I know what the phantom fee is (really!!!)

The fee is for data use on an alternate carrier. This is how sneaky
they are:

My family plan which includes a phone for my father was getting
hit by the $1.99 fee. This was a data fee for a "data" connect.
Funny thing about my fathers phone setup was "all text and data"
was DISABLED. Nothing in nothing out! Period!

After some bitching a couple of months in a row about these fees.
I pressed the VZR rep to explain how a disabled phone kept getting
these charges. Well she did let the "CAT" out of the bag. She did
confirm the phone was disabled, but then remarked it was not
disabled for "roaming carriers". A demand for that block, stopped
the phantom charges. This would make sense because of NIBY's
in my area there is a section of road with absolute bad coverage.
My father travels that route daily. Carrier drop out and re-sync
could cause "who knows what to happen".

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Unbinding...

Isn't there a way in the phones to unbind the Internet key from the Up Arrow? I know that with the down arrow button you can change what shortcut you want when you press that button in the phone settings. Just wondering...
k1ll3rdr4g0n
join:2005-03-19
Homer Glen, IL

k1ll3rdr4g0n

Data charge after you block data?

If you get a data charge AFTER you block data, then report it to your local Attorney General. That's like telling a webhoster to just shutoff your site after you exceed your allocated bandwidth to prevent overage fees and yet they still charge you for the hits to the error page.

If I had it IN WRITING that data is blocked, and they still charged me for data, off to the court I will go! Easy win as it is a breach of contract. Most expensive $1.99 they will ever make . Costs you what, $20 to file? Costs them thousands to send a lawyer out. The look on their faces when they loose, priceless.
Unless of course in the contract it says that they may still charge for bandwidth, then it would go straight to the AG desk with the mentioned sentence(s) highlighted. Whats the point of blocking a service when you could still get charged for it?

Verizon is so freaking stupid. In fact all these carriers are stupid. It's simple to make all this bad press go away and they still make their money. Make the "Disabled internet" a feature that you pay $2 monthly for. This way the consumer is happy knowing that there wont be any "phantom" fees, and the carrier gets their money. Sure, I would agree that it would be completely stupid to charge for something like that, but this bad press isn't helping sell Driods now is it?
doppler
join:2003-03-31
Blue Point, NY

doppler

Re: Data charge after you block data?

said by k1ll3rdr4g0n:

If you get a data charge AFTER you block data, then report it to your local Attorney General. That's like telling a webhoster to just shutoff your site after you exceed your allocated bandwidth to prevent overage fees and yet they still charge you for the hits to the error page.
Verizon service has (2) two data services. One is there's the other
is "Roaming data services". Asking to block, you better know there
are TWO services. Otherwise, you will only get the verizon block.
k1ll3rdr4g0n
join:2005-03-19
Homer Glen, IL

k1ll3rdr4g0n

Re: Data charge after you block data?

said by doppler:

said by k1ll3rdr4g0n:

Verizon service has (2) two data services. One is there's the other
is "Roaming data services". Asking to block, you better know there
are TWO services. Otherwise, you will only get the verizon block.
I would say that if you have it in writing that all data services are blocked, I would say that is enough. Doesn't matter what services Verizon offers, if that piece of paper that Verizon (or the reps) sign says "ALL DATA IS BLOCKED", its a cut and dry court case. If a company refuses to give you a signed piece of paper that says that a certain service is blocked, canceled, disabled ect, report them to the AG because it's obviously something very fishy. Would you not agree?

jpalva
@suscom.net

jpalva

Anon

Sprint

that why there is Sprint

Zen6
@rr.com

Zen6

Anon

Re: Sprint

And the PSC.

Z80
1 point 77
Premium Member
Amerika

Z80 to jpalva

Premium Member

to jpalva
I thought Sprint is why they made razors to slit your wrists.
QLR
join:2009-06-23
Tallahassee, FL

QLR

Phantom $1.99 charges

Instead of $2 charges, I have been getting $2 credits off my bill... I wonder what's about.

Z80
1 point 77
Premium Member
Amerika

1 edit

Z80

Premium Member

Shockaroo...VZ has billing problems

Whether wireless or wireline, Verizon is notorious for billing having their head in their asses. I had to finally cancel my VZW service because they continuously billed my Treo service for TWO PLANS every month. Yes, two plans on the same phone number. Every month I would call, rot on hold and be promised they would correct it. At the same time they told me to pay the correct amount (which they would tell me). The next month would roll around and not only was it not fixed, I owed a late fee. So I call again, they supposedly issue a credit. Then the next month rolls around and I get a DISCONNECTION NOTICE that if I don't may the huge sum of dough they would kill my service and I would owe all the money plus the $175 ETF. So then I would pay the money to keep from getting disconnected and they promised I would get a credit. Never happened. I finally cancelled and applied the overpayment toward the ETF and 4 months after cancellation a check finally showed up for the $180 balance. I read similar horror stories about FiOS billing.

VZ service is pretty good but their billing is completely F*CKED!
page: 1 · 2 · next