dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2009-11-30 13:59:04: Despite the best efforts by creditors who didn't like the bankruptcy conditions, Charter Communications has announced that the company has exited Chapter 11 after filing for bankruptcy back in March of this year. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

Neil Smit

Why is this man still CEO? He received $7.4 million cash compensation for 2008.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

Charter lives on...

I'm disappointed Charter wasn't sold to the highest bidder. It's really the bottom of the cable barrel and their HD offerings are paltry compared to satellite or other cable companies.
ender7074
join:2006-11-21
Saint Louis, MO

ender7074 to Robert

to Robert

Re: Neil Smit

Yah he has been there too long. Charter is nothing but a revolving door for inept execs that can get an awesome contract with a huge golden parachute, perform their job with the least level of skill and intelligence, get fired, profit. Neil must not has got the memo on this process.
Poetique
join:2007-08-05
Auburn, AL

Poetique

I might need a bucket...

I almost feel like crying about this... I really... REALLY, wanted Charter to die.

Focused on FURTHER enhancing the customer's experience?

You have to start in order to further enhance it.

The only thing they've enhanced is the lightness of my wallet and the instability of my internet connection.

ToxicDrew
Premium Member
join:2001-09-24

1 edit

ToxicDrew to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

Their going to enhance my bill come January 2010

zpm
join:2009-03-23
Columbus, GA

zpm to Poetique

to Poetique

Re: I might need a bucket...

10 bucks say they file for chapter 13 next year.

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to ToxicDrew

Premium Member

to ToxicDrew

Hey they have to pass the debt to some one and pay those lawyer fees. And Charter customers are perfect for that. They still remain billions in debt and keep sinking.
said by ToxicDrew:

nobody
@rr.com

nobody

Anon

Broadband for life

What about the broadband for life winner?
Poetique
join:2007-08-05
Auburn, AL

1 edit

Poetique to zpm

to zpm

said by zpm:

10 bucks say they file for chapter 13 next year.
I hope so lol. Let's all start a petition to switch ISPs so charter can finish dying haha.

zpm
join:2009-03-23
Columbus, GA

zpm

i'm with knology even if their slow to roll out docsis 3.0, sooner the better i hope.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to zpm

Premium Member

to zpm
I'll take that bet.
raIDERspeed
join:2002-07-26
Soledad, CA

raIDERspeed to Poetique

to Poetique
Same here I'm never gonna get a high speed from now! I'm stuck with ATT forever!

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium Member
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI

hdman to Poetique

Premium Member

to Poetique
said by Poetique:

I almost feel like crying about this... I really... REALLY, wanted Charter to die.

Man, I could not agree more. I live on a road that is 3 miles long and T's into roads on each end. These clowns ran cable from each end of the road past fields right up the first home on each end of the road. Now, thats great for those 2 homes, but these idiots left the 1 mile in the middle, where the rest of the homes on this road are, without service.

For multi thousand dollar blunders like this, Charter has no business in business. I sure was hoping for an influx of brains and cash....but it looks like that is not going to happen.

Well, heres hoping they don't last too long.....

toddbs98
join:2000-07-08
North Little Rock, AR

toddbs98 to Poetique

to Poetique
I feel your pain I was hoping they would die off and either Cox or Comcast would take over the area in which I live.
SunnyFL8
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08

SunnyFL8 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

said by Robert:

Charter 11 ? Whah?
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to morbo

to morbo

Re: Charter lives on...

said by morbo:

I'm disappointed Charter wasn't sold to the highest bidder. It's really the bottom of the cable barrel and their HD offerings are paltry compared to satellite or other cable companies.
You realize Charter would just be split between Comcast and Time Warner, like Adelphia was?

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux to nobody

Premium Member

to nobody

Re: Broadband for life

said by nobody :

What about the broadband for life winner?
March 2008. winning bid was $71,540.

»Charter 'Broadband For Life' Auction Ends With $71,540 'Winner' [35] comments
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to patcat88

Premium Member

to patcat88

said by patcat88:

said by morbo:

You realize Charter would just be split between Comcast and Time Warner, like Adelphia was?
.. and that would be a problem?

Comcast and Time Warner service is FAR superior to that of Charter...
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to zpm

Premium Member

to zpm

Please send me 10 bucks right now.. they won't be filing another bankruptcy for a while... I believe they'll be putting themselves up for sale, however... with lighter debt, they'd be easier to off themselves.
mattniemu
join:2008-04-08
Waupaca, WI

mattniemu to hdman

to hdman
Hi

I agree with you on that.

Matt

just_asking
@charter.com

just_asking to Robert

Anon

to Robert

said by Robert:

Because he did exactly what he was hired to do under the terms of his contract. Save the company from going under and successfully emerge from Chapter 11 with a positive cash flow. Simple as that really.
just_asking

just_asking to fiberguy2

Anon

to fiberguy2

said by fiberguy2:

And you say that based on .. ??
mattniemu
join:2008-04-08
Waupaca, WI

mattniemu to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15

I think they will rise prices on alll packages. it will suck for poeple on basic like i am for now until i got dish. I am only paying 25 dallor a month for that. I use to have the other package but it cost alittle too much like 55 dallors for up to 80 channels. i can pay 55 dallors for 250 channel on dish plus better music channels then that music choice crap. Charter kiss my ass. Charter you can pipe more debt down that tube you dump ass. Charters iq is 5 and not really really really smart how they can make a network and company work.

Axekick
join:2005-05-01
Saint Louis, MO
·Charter

Axekick

To be fair . .

Based on my personal service with Charter over the years their service has greatly improved in nearly all aspects over the past 3 years.

Their telephone support and telephone customer service still sucks but otherwise I have no complaints. My speeds are constantly above what they are suppose to be and my television and internet signals are down probably less than 12 hours per year.

The support they provide here at dslreports.com has been excellent based on my one experience using them. I do resent having to barter my cable bill every time my promotion is up but they were very helpful here at telling me the lowest price I could get on my existing services.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to just_asking

Premium Member

to just_asking

said by just_asking :

said by fiberguy2:

And you say that based on .. ??
... you'd have to be living under a rock to ask that question.. I won't dignify it with an answer.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

1 edit

tim_k to ender7074

Premium Member

to ender7074

said by ender7074:

Yah he has been there too long. Charter is nothing but a revolving door for inept execs that can get an awesome contract with a huge golden parachute, perform their job with the least level of skill and intelligence, get fired, profit. Neil must not has got the memo on this process.
I bet a lot of other top level executives get nice retention bonuses too.
RWOTB
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04

RWOTB to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2

said by fiberguy2:

.. and that would be a problem?

Really? My son has TW and is not happy with it. My friend's parents have had Comcast and dropped it due to horrible service and tech. support.
RWOTB

RWOTB to ToxicDrew

Premium Member

to ToxicDrew

said by ToxicDrew:

Ditto.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

2 edits

cork1958

Premium Member

Never had a single problem

Don't know about all you people's problems, but I had Charter internet for over 9 years. Never a problem and great service.

Don't give a crap about tv, but even that has been perfect, considering all I have is expanded basic.

Yes,
I switched to Verizon DSL, but that was due to Charter threatening caps and the fact that the Verizon package I got was $7 cheaper and 2.1mb's faster download and 256kb's faster upload.

Yes,
I know Charter has way faster speeds, but I'm not one of those have to have it just because I can kind of people. I live within reasoning, unlike so many Americans, and will NEVER pay over $40 a month for internet. To me, that is just plain stupid and/or greedy.

Smile__
Premium Member
join:2008-10-10
New Freedom, PA

Smile__ to just_asking

Premium Member

to just_asking

Work for Charter lately? lol
page: 1 · 2 · next