dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2010-01-22 16:01:21: Buried under the roar of the media's obsession with Apple's looming tablet computer this week was a tiny little story about an agency you might have heard about (the FBI) repeatedly breaking the law by faking terrorism emergencies in order to get pho.. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next
33358088 (banned)
join:2008-09-23

3 edits

33358088 (banned)

nixonized usa

seems to me the mafia really is running the usa, just as nixon days
see how that turned out near its end

the protests?
watergate
vietnam war

see any similarities?

they just made it legal now.....
maybe they should make prostitution legal so presidents can ya know clinton them....of course just for him....
expert007
join:2006-01-10
Buffalo, NY

2 recommendations

expert007

It will be mere minutes

until TK Junkmail posts his usual 'as long as you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about' mantra.
moonpuppy (banned)
join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD

1 recommendation

moonpuppy (banned) to 33358088

to 33358088

Re: nixonized usa

Hoax and Chains

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

AT&T being good citizen after 9/11 attacks

I just see an organization that was determined to help the US defend itself against terrorists after the 9/11 attacks. And if all the paperwork was sometimes delayed and not all the i's dotted and t's crossed, I am ok with that.

winsyrstrife
River City Bounce
Premium Member
join:2002-04-30
Brooklyn, NY

winsyrstrife

Premium Member

What has to happen

before enough is enough? When do we draw the line? When is someone held accountable? When does someone acknowledge a conscience?

So vile.

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua

Premium Member

Obama = Bush

No change here.

anonuser101

Anon

lol!!!

Nothing new here lol about AT&T!!!

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die
join:2008-03-18
Renfrew, ON

JunjiHiroma

Coming soon to canada this year

Soon The RCMP will be doing this soon then the headline will be:
Bell Repeatedly Helped RCMP Break Communications Law.

Free Speech and Consumer Choice is Fading fast.Soon we will have NO VOICE.
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

1 recommendation

amungus

Premium Member

broken

Breaking the laws in order to enforce them is wrong.

Ends don't justify means.

Big brother loves you.

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to jjoshua

to jjoshua

Re: Obama = Bush

For the 'general public', I agree.
Expand your moderator at work
amigo_boy
join:2005-07-22

1 recommendation

amigo_boy to amungus

to amungus

Re: broken

said by amungus:

Breaking the laws in order to enforce them is wrong.
But, did they break the law?

18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(a)(ii)(B) was the law of the land. And, it was the basis for so-called "immunity" which covered actions between 9/11 and when FISA was amended by the Patriot Act to better accommodate the President's claimed needs.

Basically, we were in a period where, legally, all the President had to do is say "no warrant is necessary." No proof to anyone that that was true.

Mark

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

1 recommendation

Jim Kirk to amigo_boy

Premium Member

to amigo_boy

Broken record...

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

5 recommendations

Steve to FFH5

to FFH5

Re: AT&T being good citizen after 9/11 attacks

said by FFH5:

I just see an organization that was determined to help the US defend itself against terrorists after the 9/11 attacks. And if all the paperwork was sometimes delayed and not all the i's dotted and t's crossed, I am ok with that.
Here, let me fix this for you:
I do not believe in the rule of law

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to FFH5

to FFH5
I remember when AT&T actually stood up for its customers rights. I remember when AT&T followed the letter of the law instead of rolling over when ever the govt. asked.

DevlishHusky
join:2004-06-07
New Milford, NJ

DevlishHusky to JunjiHiroma

to JunjiHiroma

Free Speech Dead

soon? nope, we don't have a voice NOW.

Jan. 21: Prof. Jonathan Turley discusses whether the Supreme Court decision on special interests will split the free speech community and lead to bad government.
»www.msnbc.msn.com/id/303 ··· 34984956
amigo_boy

1 recommendation

amigo_boy to Anon

to Anon

said by Jim Kirk:

said by FFH5:

In many cases the FBI never got subpoenas, and therefore broke the law. You are trolling.
What required the FBI to get supoeneas? Are you ignoring the role of 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(a)(ii)(B)?

Also, don't forget 18 U.S.C. 2702(a)(3) & (c). It recognizes telcos legitimate participation with law enforcement due to exigent circumstances.

And, that law was even broadened by the Patriot Act. Instead of a "reasonable belief" in "imminent danger," it was changed to merely "good faith belief" in danger (not imminent.).

That and how 2511 was used as the basis of so-called "immunity" goes a long way to prove that the Executive branch was acting judiciously during that period between 9/11 and amendment of FISA via the Patriot Act.

If the Executive wasn't, those laws wouldn't have been expanded and used the way they were.

Mark

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

The Limit to winsyrstrife

Premium Member

to winsyrstrife

Re: What has to happen

There is no such thing as enough.

I hope that we have wiretaps installed in EVERY home, condo, apartment etc. to the point that we have to check in to take a shower, brush teeth, normal day activities.

Also, since the FBI checks out various websites and such, there should be a COUNTRY WIDE curfew at 8 pm.

I mean, it's all in the name of safety and national security.
cyclone_z
join:2006-06-19
Ames, IA

cyclone_z to FFH5

to FFH5

said by FFH5:

I see an organization that was determined to help itself to heaps of taxpayer money (you know they were paid for this, don't you?)

I also see someone who can't RTFA.

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

1 edit

2 recommendations

Jim Kirk to dib22

Premium Member

to dib22
said by dib22:

I remember when AT&T actually stood up for its customers rights. I remember when AT&T followed the letter of the law instead of rolling over when ever the govt. asked.
Really? When was that?
amigo_boy

amigo_boy to dib22

to dib22
said by dib22:

I remember when AT&T followed the letter of the law instead of rolling over when ever the govt. asked.
But, they did follow the law.

1. The Executive Branch possesses an inherent power of surveillance.

2. The Legislative Branch is co-equal to the Executive. It cannot legislate away the Executive's power. It can only create a framework (FISA) for the Executive to operate within, without impeding the Executive's power.

3. The Executive retains the power to conduct surveillance which the framework (FISA) does not accommodate.

4. 18 U.S.C. 2511(2)(a)(ii)(B) is a recognition of that power, and how FISA wasn't intended to be everything.

5. That law was the basis of so-called immunity. Even if there had been any doubt about Congress's intent concerning that law, such doubts were eliminated when Congress said telcos were immune from prosecution if they adhered to that law (only between 9/11 and passage of the Patriot Act to better provide for new circumstances).

If you don't like the law, then you should work to get it repealed. If you don't like that the balance of powers between the Executive and Legislative is imperfect, you should work to call a Constitutional Convention to rewrite the Constitution.

All I hear are people complaining that, essentially, an imperfect system *worked*.

Mark

NOVA_Guy
ObamaCare Kills Americans
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05

NOVA_Guy to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Are you also OK with the supposed paperwork not even existing?

It's not a matter of not dotting i's and crossing t's in this case. It's a matter of outright violation of the law. Those agents who played a role in this should find themselves in prison wearing some black and white stripes. And hopefully they will be readily identified and introduced to all the other prisoners as FBI agents too.

And their cronies at AT&T, as well as those from the Bush administration who helped and those from the Obama administration who are still helping, should find themselves sitting in jail for this as well. Perhaps if consequences for breaking the law were enforced there would be less lawbreaking.
jjeffeory
jjeffeory
join:2002-12-04
Bloomington, IN

1 recommendation

jjeffeory to amigo_boy

to amigo_boy

Well, if you live in the constitution free zone, you don't really have any consititutional rights anyway...

»www.aclu.org/national-se ··· ree-zone

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro

Premium Member

Here we go

"developing systems that would not only hand over data on the initial target, but entire "communities of interest" that is very scary, so instead of plain old racial profiling now we are going to be profiling every US citizen based on where we surf,who we talk to,looks like orwell's book's are coming true.On a side note it seems are government is bent on pissing us off but they seem to forget what happened in the 1700's,we kicked the British out and if this keeps up i think it's time for a reboot of our great govt.

spamd
Premium Member
join:2001-04-22
Cherry Valley, IL

spamd

Premium Member

This guy will some how make it legal and ok.

John Yoo

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Yoo

»www.thedailyshow.com/wat ··· oo-pt--1

»www.thedailyshow.com/wat ··· oo-pt--2

JunjiHiroma
Live Free Or Die
join:2008-03-18
Renfrew, ON

JunjiHiroma to DevlishHusky

to DevlishHusky

Re: Free Speech Dead

I think this all leads from cass sunstiens (Obama's info Czar) report where America should HAVE no free speech on the web and truthers & gun owners be locked up.
quote:
"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government," he wrote. "Democratic efforts to reduce the resulting problems ought not be rejected in freedom's name."
What happens in the states and UK ,happens in Canada shortly after.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo to Jim Kirk

to Jim Kirk

said by Jim Kirk:

Really? When was that?
In a drug induced coma fantasy.
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next