dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2010-03-11 10:14:10: Windstream appears to be the latest carrier to embrace the fad of offering consumers "price for life" promotion, which locks down the monthly rate of service for the length of your life (or more likely, the length of the carrier). ..

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

Buying into a broadband price for life...

Is like going to Comp USA 5 years ago and choosing to buy Pentium 4's at the same price for the next few years.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

Reminds me of Sprint Wireless

I was told by a Sprint CSR that when I signed up for a Sprint Wireless Plan when the contract expired it would continue on a month to month basis forever. That was until technology changed. At that point I was told if I replaced my handset with an EVDO enabled handset to continue to use the included web access in my existing plan I would have to sign up for a new plan. So much for a plan that would continue forever.

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to Metatron2008

to Metatron2008

Re: Buying into a broadband price for life...

said by Metatron2008:

Is like going to Comp USA 5 years ago and choosing to buy Pentium 4's at the same price for the next few years.
Not if you have Qwest DSL.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

True that. That's why, if I ever get Qwest DSL (I'll be here for a bit longer so it's possible) I'll be doing it off-contract and just taking advantage of the one-year promo rate. hen the rate goes up, I leave and go back to Comcast.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to Mr Matt

to Mr Matt

Re: Reminds me of Sprint Wireless

yep! upgrades not included.

aSic
application specific
Premium Member
join:2001-05-17
Wakulla, FL

aSic to Mr Matt

Premium Member

to Mr Matt
Ah, I remember that. The deal DID continue forever, as I (any many many others) were able to take advantage of the "new" EVDO service with our grandfathered plans. Myself, I didnt move off my grandfathered plan till about two years ago when the "everything" plans came out and made more money sense for my situation and usage patterns.

Sprint did a very good job of training their CSRs with the scripts to get folks to move off their old $10 Vision plans. I'm sorry you were one of the ones who got suckered.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

talk about late

no offence meant but these comercials have been running here in georgia for atleast 6 months, its not new!

sadly my extended family fell for it, and the connection works "when it works"

tho in the case of my extended family you couldnt pay me to troubleshoot for them, no way no how.

Windstream
Premium Member
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH

Windstream

Premium Member

thedragonmas - If you family has Windstream service and is experiencing an issue you can have them contact us via the forum, and we would be glad to fix any issues.

If someone would like to email or PM us we would be able to assist. Thank you.

-BP