dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2010-10-28 15:27:53: For years we've been tracking how Verizon socks wireless customers with a bogus $1.99 per MB data access fee -- incurred even if the user's phone is off or the battery was dead. ..

prev · 1 · 2

ickybro
@gsu.edu

ickybro

Anon

no fee for me

I am pretty happy with this, verizon does by the way refund this fee if you ask. I used to email them each month letting them know that of my 5 phones only one used data, and they would credit the other four 1.99 or 3.98 fees back on the following bill. Pretty nice that I was included for the $15.05 in credits for the abuse of the fee. Seems a fair amount to pay me for writing so many emails. Wish the 25M did not go to the government, its lost forever now.

Mikett
@comcast.net

Mikett

Anon

Complaints filed in 2007

I filed a complaint with the MA Attorney General's office in November of 2007 over this issue. Thankfully i was only mis-billed for 2 months before I caught it so I didn't follow up. I wish I had also filed a complaint with the FCC or had been able to convince the AG's office to do something. My $3.98 wasn't much, but added up, big bucks.
prev · 1 · 2