spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-01-25 12:53:43: Given AT&T's network struggles, and the decision to ditch unlimited data and instead give customers the "choice" of a 200 MB or 2 GB cap, there was plenty of speculation over whether Verizon would retain an unlimited data offer when they launch the i.. ..

prev page · 1 · 2 · 3

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to MyDogHsFleas

Re: Stupid iPhone Users

said by MyDogHsFleas:

It's wrong for you to blame stupid iPhone users... the tiered/metered AT&T data plans (they are NOT capped) apply to all AT&T smartphones (and soon will be to Verizon too).

Then why didn't Verizon go with capped plans prior to getting the iPhone?
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

doc69
Premium
join:2004-08-01

Lol..

I hope all isp's & cell meter their data... I already dropped cabel tv, internet. Next will be cell. Wow it will be nice to keep my money & not feed these freaking pigs anymore. Free at last free at last...
--
I'll keep my God, my freedom, my guns, and my money. You can keep "THE CHANGE."

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to MyDogHsFleas

Re: Don't underestimate AT&T

, but unlike AT&T, are already saying it's for a limited time only. AT&T did not have to do that since they were the only game in town.

So what was AT&T's "limited time"... several years?? .. your post sounds much like an entitled's way of thinking.

You guys all giving AT&T no pass, yet Verizon some credit have to remember who it was that started the idea to start mixing up how people paid for the internet, including the whole "charging providers to send content to their customers".. I do believe it was Verizon.

Verizon is no saint of a company.. they stir the shit, sit back, wait for AT&T to make the move, capitalize on it, appear to be the savior and then wreck everyone's world.

Seriously, Verizon is just as much a piece of crap company as the next.

submrge

join:2004-10-10
Brooklyn, NY
reply to etaadmin

Re: Perhaps there really is some competition?

said by etaadmin:

... it's going to be a bloodbath for AT&T.

not unless vzw can somehow magically find a way to allow data and voice on a call at the same time.

i work with about 10 people that have iphones and even though they admit that att's voice service is crap that are not willing to give up using data and voice at the same time.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5
reply to fiberguy

Re: Don't underestimate AT&T

said by fiberguy:

, but unlike AT&T, are already saying it's for a limited time only. AT&T did not have to do that since they were the only game in town.

So what was AT&T's "limited time"... several years?? .. your post sounds much like an entitled's way of thinking.

That was my point. AT&T was entitled since they were the only game in town. Since Verizon is coming in second they can't play as many games. They are essentially riffing off AT&T, similar plans, with some twists to entice iPhone users to move to Verizon.

flyingjoey

join:2005-11-07
Jersey City, NJ
reply to FastiBook

Re: I still have unlimited data.....

I second that...

Last month I used 20 gig. Now I'm getting my money's worth.

PGHammer

join:2003-06-09
Accokeek, MD
reply to MichaelPea

Re: Foot shooting

Haven't any of you realized who the big investors (in both companies) are?

The biggest owners of VZ/T debt (therefore, the ones that REALLY call the shots) are *institutional investors* (by and large, union and other pension plans, such as CalPERS). Those same pension plans need higher rates of return (due to increasing numbers of retirees) and they need them yesterday. It is precisely this sort of investor that is coining terms like *jobless recovery* and *squeezing blood from a stone*. Chances of anything realistically being done about it - none.