spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-04-08 11:19:11: In addition to starting to refine signal booster rules, the FCC yesterday also announced (pdf) modified pole attachment rules, a move the FCC says will reduce costs for attaching broadband lines and wireless antennas to utility poles across the count.. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ
reply to biochemistry

Re: Will stifle buildout

said by biochemistry:

Verizon and their ilk have for years been making promises based on receiving government money and then not delivering.

No matter how many times you people repeat those lies it will never make it true.

You want the truth? Google and other leeches are playing the government and you people like a fiddle. You can't handle the truth.
quote:
Before the auction, Google chief executive Eric Schmidt assured reporters the California firm had no intentions to buy the spectrum, "build a network and put all these mobile devices out there."

"Wouldn't it be better if all these other companies do that and we just sit back and reap a benefit?" Schmidt said.

The D-block, which requires the buyer to work with authorities and set aside airwaves for public-safety and emergency uses, went unsold.
»afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMb···xU3Mfvnw

The fools in Kansas City KA are now dancing to Google's fiddle.

TheGhost
Premium
join:2003-01-03
Lake Forest, IL

1 edit
reply to openbox9

Re: Crying! Mommy FCC is going to make me share my network!

Don't forget all of these companies were built on monopoly profits. They didn't get to be as big as they are and able to drive competitors out of business on pure competition alone.

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
reply to batterup

Not true? Here is but a single article on Verizon scamming the people of PA on tax breaks:
»Picture Perfect Deal

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
reply to Jim_in_VA

Re: same'ol BS threat ...

Bingo!

This is the key fact. VZ, at&t, etc are dropping remote areas. There are companies that can and will build out and service these areas, but they need access to a national network to compete. This keeps the remote areas alive.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
reply to TheGhost

said by TheGhost:

Not true? Here is but a single article on Verizon scamming the people of PA on tax breaks:
»Picture Perfect Deal

Old dead horse. How many times do I have to expose the faulty figures that came up with
quote:
"It's estimated that those financial incentives over the years clock in somewhere around $2.1 billion dollars"
Figures don't lie but lairs figure. The former grand all knowing "Tel 1/2 Truth" figured yellow pages in that figure. Yellow pages never was a regulated part of the business.

Pennsylvania renegotiated a deal with Verizon the is working and on scheduled. I'm going to have to make templates to answer these old 1/2 truths.

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
said by batterup:

said by TheGhost:

»Picture Perfect Deal

Old dead horse. How many times do I have to expose the faulty figures that came up with
quote:
"It's estimated that those financial incentives over the years clock in somewhere around $2.1 billion dollars"
Figures don't lie but lairs figure. The former grand all knowing "Tel 1/2 Truth" figured yellow pages in that figure. Yellow pages never was a regulated part of the business.

Pennsylvania renegotiated a deal with Verizon the is working and on scheduled. I'm going to have to make templates to answer these old 1/2 truths.

Ok, according to you Verizon has kept all promises and met all obligations....cannot argue with that.

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
reply to batterup

Re: Net netural too I assume.

VZ built its new FIOS network on the fruits of its government granted monopoly. The initial monopoly will forever hinder any true competition. The only competition it really has is from the Cable companies which themselves were built up from monopolies.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
reply to TheGhost

said by TheGhost:

Ok, according to you Verizon has kept all promises and met all obligations....cannot argue with that.

This is why I have to make a template. They have until 2015 to wire everyone but if 50 telephone lines or 25%, which ever is smaller, in an area agree to sign up for DSL Verizon must provide it. Posters on this board have done it.
»www.oca.state.pa.us/Industry/Tel···bfrr.htm

Verizon just installed DSL in the last CO in their Pennsylvania area.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
reply to TheGhost

Re: Net netural too I assume.

said by TheGhost:

VZ built its new FIOS network on the fruits of its government granted monopoly.

Right and what did Quest build? I will say one thing; Quest's cell service is every bit as good as Google's.

You want FiOS move to Newark and you too can suckle government fruit. That is the trouble way too much suckling and not enough doing.

Listen; The Phone Company is smarter than you, I and the government. Doing stupid things at the bidding of MCI types only screws things up for a decade or so until The Phone Company comes back together leaner and meaner than before. I don't know how many decades I have left; I want Verizon 4G in my house. It is only a few miles away as is FiOS.

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
Hey - I am all for free market competition, but the thing is, there wasn't from the start and there never can be because of it. VZ, as well as the rest of the Bells enjoyed Monopoly status and profits. Those profits were then funneled into these new ventures. They had GUARANTEED profits to build these outside businesses. No other company (ok, maybe Google) has the assets to compete. Especially since the monopolies have shown a tendency to lower prices ONLY in the areas where a competitor may overbuild JUST to drive them out of business.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by TheGhost:

Hey - I am all for free market competition, but the thing is, there wasn't from the start and there never can be because of it. VZ, as well as the rest of the Bells enjoyed Monopoly status and profits.

Oh really? The cable companies had no problem building a network at the height of the Bell Monopoly. Some of them are doing quite well I heard. You are just having sport with me right?

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
No, but you proved my point. Initially, the Cable companies had MONOPOLIES as well, and engaged in various monopoly behaviors. They were able to use their TV monopolies to fund the build out of and subsidize their Phone and Internet ventures, just as the cable companies were able to leverage their phone monopolies to build out Internet and TV businesses.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by TheGhost:

No, but you proved my point. Initially, the Cable companies had MONOPOLIES as well, and engaged in various monopoly behaviors. They were able to use their TV monopolies to fund the build out of and subsidize their Phone and Internet ventures, just as the cable companies were able to leverage their phone monopolies to build out Internet and TV businesses.

Oh so anybody can be a monopoly? I'm confused.

I know what it is; your upset that your free MIC long distance isn't working like they lead you to believe.

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
You are definitely confused, or maybe you work for VZ/phone/cable co? Not ANYONE can be a monopoly. They were granted EXCLUSIVE rights to an area for a given service (Cable TV / Telephone). Over the years, anyone who wanted that service HAD to purchase from the MONOPOLY provider. Since you seem to need it, here are some references:
»dictionary.reference.com/browse/monopoly (see #6 to start)

Initially, the government sold the breakup of at&t as a way to foster competition, but you will note that with the rare exception of a few markets, you don't see VZ competing with T for telephone / TV / Internet or Comcast competing with Charter.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by TheGhost:

Initially, the government sold the breakup of at&t as a way to foster competition, but you will note that with the rare exception of a few markets, you don't see VZ competing with T for telephone / TV / Internet or Comcast competing with Charter.

Exxxxcccuuussss me; Verizon wireless competes with at&t all over the country. This is about wireless lest we forget. Remember the great cell network the Quest monopoly built.

TheGhost
Premium
Lake Forest, IL
You are right - in the wireless area, we have an OLIGOPOLY, whose members built there networks using their respective MONOPOLY profits.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
said by TheGhost:

You are right - in the wireless area, we have an OLIGOPOLY, whose members built there networks using their respective MONOPOLY profits.

Quest too? Listen there is no free lunch; if you want Verizon coverage get Verizon.

Actually the FCC will lose in court as they cannot mandate this.

BTW, so T-Mobil will be exempt because they were never a "monopoly"?