spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-05-17 11:10:47: The most recent results from the American Customer Satisfaction Index have been released, which is better news for some companies than it is for others. ..

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

T

Doesn't surprise me at all and i'm NOT just referring to their recent cash grab of low caps with high overages.
--
The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

xenophon

join:2007-09-17

Sprint CDMA/iDen breakout would be interesting

If Sprint as a whole is that high, would be interesting to see the iDen breakout, which is highly likely pretty low, which would mean the CDMA side would be higher than VZW.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

T-Mobile

T-Mobile should get used to the lousy ratings as they will suffer from guilt by association. Just one more reason I would like to see @ATTFAIL but as well all know, the deal is getting approved.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

ajac

join:2000-08-15
Norman, OK

need to interview more people for these

if they interviewed more people I have a feeling sprint would be dead last. Come on lets push for a interview ALOT more people to get results. 1 tenth of a percent shouldn't speak for the other 99.9

hambone42
Peace, through superior firepower
Premium
join:2002-02-02
Manassas, VA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Comcast also at the bottom for TV...

...as well as phone:

Cox Communications remains the highest-scoring cable provider (unchanged at 67), well above the other three cable companies. Comcast (-3%), Time Warner (-3%), and Charter Communications (-2%) are all tied at the bottom of the industry with ACSI scores of 59.
Call me neither shocked nor surprised.
--
Sarcasm is the Body's Natural Defense Against Stupidity

dsless

join:2001-05-16
Pittsburgh, PA

ATT Lower

ATT being lower? I didn't think that would be possible from a customer standpoint!

flbas1

join:2010-02-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to ajac

Re: need to interview more people for these

Had ATT - hated it. always a fear of something "extra" on my bill. Now have Sprint - much more services for a couple of dollars more. much happier.

Yea, if they interviewed me, I would have responded inline with the results.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by flbas1:

Had ATT - hated it. always a fear of something "extra" on my bill. Now have Sprint - much more services for a couple of dollars more. much happier.

Sprint has made great strides in customer service. When you are number 3, you have to try harder. I have been very happy with Sprint and get better customer service from them than I did with Verizon. The reason that Verizon is very high in customer SATISFACTION is because of their excellent coverage. Verizon's customer SERVICE sucks.
--
Record your speedtest.net results in DSLReports SpeedWave
»www.speedtest.net/wave/afe201cb84d45c88

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48

You know what's funny

This isn't a surprise for me, but then again I only worked there for 3 years pretty much and saw how they "were really dedicated to an unmatched customer experience" (Lol a poster we used to have hanging on one of the huge manager cubes in the call center)

You know probably one of the best things referring to customer service when I was there was a 3rd line manager (2 under a VP) that said "If it makes sense we don't do it" in referring to attempting to fix a customers issue...

Doesn't surprise me AT&T is dead last, really.

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

talz13

join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH
reply to ajac

But, if sprint had GREAT service in 75% of the country, and the current reporting was split between those with good service and bad service, their rating could improve!

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

I will second this.

Sprint went from a company where I would avoid calling them at all costs, to one with call centers in the US who are quick and helpful.

They helped me setup several devices including mifi, and airrave over the phone and called back in a few days. Those surveys after the calls must have worked because all of their CS people, even the ones in the store, have been much better, and actually know their products. At some point Sprint must have forced their employees to know technology which is nice.

I complained about service because I used to live in a old solid brick building surrounded by others of the same and they gave me a free Airave and comped the cost per month.

Despite all the bullshit, Sprint is easier to deal with now, their 4G actually works and with all the fees it is still much cheaper then VZ. They also do not cripple devices. I have been with Sprint through the good and bad, and they are just barely worth it over others. Worse case scenario, I roam free on VZ.

Their customer service has improved exponentially since Hesse and that was by far their worst trait, their customer service was one of the worst for any company, now it is some of the best.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

Razzy12345

@rr.com

Sprint

Sure is rising for me.

I just got back from Sprint Store ordering me a replacement phone because my microUSB jack is becoming finickly. Didn't charge me a thing even when my phone is over a year old.

en103

join:2011-05-02
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to FFH

I agree with your analysis on this.

To me - the best customer service - is the one that you don't have to use.

In VZW's defence (haven't used them in 10 years due to customer service + coverage), if their service is works - there's not much to complain about other than cost.

AT&T on the other hand, has had years of messed up service due to integration (AT&T + Cinguar), technology change (TDMA -> GSM -> WCDMA) and issues with the most popular device (iPhone), and their ability to manage it.

Sprint went through the same thing as AT&T to an extent - CDMA + iDEN was ripe for mass defections due to CS handling of it. It appears to have improved (I use Sprint for work - but rarely call CS) - and have as many issues with them as I do with AT&T - if not more.

t3ln3t

@qwest.net
reply to dsless

Re: ATT Lower

Yes! Next year we shall invent dozens of new and improved phone companies, that are also better than at&t, so dear ol' Ma' Bell can sink further down in the ratings. This year, at&t might be number 5, but next year, she'll be number 10! That's five whole number two's!!!

Like people need everyone else, some consumer survey group, the FCC telling them that at&t is number two! We all could smell that it's number two! Hello!?!

shortyd999

join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL
reply to mmay149q

Re: You know what's funny

said by mmay149q:

You know probably one of the best things referring to customer service when I was there was a 3rd line manager (2 under a VP) that said "If it makes sense we don't do it" in referring to attempting to fix a customers issue...

lol now that funny but sad at the same time b/c its true
--

AT&T DSL Tech Support Rep
Helping To The Best of My Abilities Within The Confines of My Corporate Overloards

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX
reply to mmay149q

said by mmay149q:

This isn't a surprise for me, but then again I only worked there for 3 years pretty much and saw how they "were really dedicated to an unmatched customer experience" (Lol a poster we used to have hanging on one of the huge manager cubes in the call center)

Doesn't surprise me AT&T is dead last, really.

Matt

ya i have AT&T, and it dont surprise me at all, first it took 3 calls yes i said 3 to fix the data changes on our phones..., they set us up on the wrong data plan and then charged us for it...., its a horible company all around, if sprint or verizon was able to cover texas like AT&T does we would of switched.., we never really had a problem with calls dropping or anything like that but i think they r just goin lower and lower

runzero

join:2005-09-16
DC

What a surprise...

I'm amazed half-assed crap like U-verse ever scored that high to begin with. Now that people are comparing their HD quality to other providers, well...

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to Cobra11M

I live in Texas and never have any issues with VZW and getting a signal to make calls, where are you going that you don't get service?!

Matt

Cobra11M

join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

said by mmay149q:

I live in Texas and never have any issues with VZW and getting a signal to make calls, where are you going that you don't get service?!

Matt

out west of yall, near pk area, where the fires happened..sprint looses signal out there, and t-mobile does to, at&t is the only one that actually holds up in the area, and when your drivin out to graford (bunch of hills) sprint looses connection.., i hate that AT&T is the only one that actually holds a connection in the area

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
reply to runzero

Re: What a surprise...

then you'd be suprised that there are cable providers in this country, that have HD quality worse than heavily compressed mpeg on iptv.

runzero

DC

U-verse uses roughly 5.7 Mbps H.264 compression. Cable is 12-14 Mbps MPEG-2. Let's assume U-verse's H.264 encoders are roughly 1.5x more efficient than MPEG-2. That's still ~8.5 vs 12 Mbps in 'MPEG-2 equivalent' terms.

Unless you know a cable provider doing 4 HD to 1 QAM, U-verse is the absolute rock bottom in terms of picture quality. Some providers do just 2 HD to 1 QAM, in which case U-verse looks even more crappy in comparison.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA

Mediacom has crap hd which is rural provider with old aged wires and infostructure.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

remember how at&MergerT got the MORE customer$

their rise in market share was BOUGHT, not earned, and if they have their way again, they'll get even bigger. at this point if you want at&t to work harder for the customer's money the competition (excluding verizon) has to merge to have a market share of wirless worth competing upon to maintain the higher numbers.. noth have it handed to you on a corrupt platter.

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to Cobra11M

Ahh ok I know where you're talking about, yeah if you go look at their coverage map there's a gap there, so I can see why you have issues, it sucks that you do, but hopefully one of the other carriers will cover in that gap for you in the future and you won't have to stay on AT&T.

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan

directv

been a customer with them since 97 and have never had major issues with them, although one time an installer who looked to be in his 60's refused to go on our roof because it was too steep. We have had a couple receivers go out but they have always sent us new ones free of charge and offered to pay shipping to ship back the broken receivers. Best of all American customer support.

all in all very satisfied

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to ajac

said by ajac:

if they interviewed more people I have a feeling sprint would be dead last. Come on lets push for a interview ALOT more people to get results. 1 tenth of a percent shouldn't speak for the other 99.9

Presuming that they took a true random sampling of their ~46m subscribers, 46,000 respondents (1/10 of 1% of 46m) should give you results with an extremely high confidence level. It's at least one if not close to two orders of magnitude more people then statistically necessary.

runzero

DC
reply to chgo_man99

Re: What a surprise...

From what I've read, they use 2 HD to 1 QAM. If you think their HD is crap... well, consider moving to Europe.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA

I don't have to go that far. Comcast gets a lot better HD! RCN maybe even better!