dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-07-07 10:50:30: As leaks had predicted for months, Verizon's new wireless data pricing for both EVDO and LTE smartphones went live today on the Verizon website. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

sprinting
@spcsdns.net

sprinting

Anon

Just downloaded a couple android games over 70MB

Two game downloads were over 70MB. That VZW 75MB plan is a trap. Even the very lightest smartphone users use over 100MB/month with things going on behind the scenes.

I feel for those not in a Sprint area as they are being raped by ATT/VZW. 2GB might be enough for some at this time but smartphone apps are getting more sophisticated, eating more data. In another year, 2GB won't be enough. At least on Sprint you don't have to meter watch.
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

1 recommendation

talz13

Re: Just downloaded a couple android games over 70MB

said by sprinting :

Two game downloads were over 70MB. That VZW 75MB plan is a trap. Even the very lightest smartphone users use over 100MB/month with things going on behind the scenes.

Except you have to take the 2gb plan or higher for smartphone access. Good try, though.

Full disclosure: I'm on Sprint, so I don't care about Verizon's caps anyway... until they come to Sprint
armed
join:2000-10-20

armed to sprinting

to sprinting
said by sprinting :

I feel for those not in a Sprint area as they are being raped by ATT/VZW. 2GB might be enough for some at this time but smartphone apps are getting more sophisticated, eating more data. In another year, 2GB won't be enough. At least on Sprint you don't have to meter watch.

WRONG!
I am not the very lightest user and I used 85 MG this month. I get emails from two accounts, appointment notices, surf for news, use the GPS when needed and search for nearby businesses and I don't ever go over 100 MB/month.

Your prediction that just having the service will run 2gigs a month in a year from now is hyperbole at its worst.

Oh gee I can't Pandora or watch a friggin B rated movie on my 4 inch screen. BFD

Put the music and movies on the phone from the computer and quit yer blubbering.

Holy Fn Cow
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

2 edits

xenophon

said by armed:

Oh gee I can't Pandora or watch a friggin B rated movie on my 4 inch screen. BFD

Huh, I listen to Pandora/TuneIn radio virtually every day, for hours. And use Dropbox, Orb, etc. Am downloading CM images almost daily. That is a big deal. Am using 2-3GB/month lately, sometimes up to 5.

Living in the cloud is awesome. What you are saying is that shame on people for wanting to use data, they should store data on their phone. How so 2 years ago of you. In the world of ATT/VZW, that's what they want to force you to do and you are completely falling for it. Sprint is practically encouraging using the cloud instead. So is Google.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Yup. Hell, even iOS is getting involved in cloud services now.

Cloud Documents?
Cloud Photos?
Cloud Video?
Cloud Music?

Yeah...there's much more that I'd use a smartphone to access now than ever. Thankfully, I'm still with a provider that isn't capped and encourages us to use the damn thing.
armed

armed

said by Thaler:

Yup. Hell, even iOS is getting involved in cloud services now.

Cloud Documents?
Cloud Photos?
Cloud Video?
Cloud Music?

Yeah...there's much more that I'd use a smartphone to access now than ever. Thankfully, I'm still with a provider that isn't capped and encourages us to use the damn thing.

Well stand by for a ram junior. Nobody can afford to provide unlimited data to pigs for ever.
millerja01a
join:2005-10-03
Durham, NC

millerja01a

Well, We're on ATT and I just upgrade to Infuse 4g, I had to have my PDA Unlim moved to the 4g unlim plans. $ for $ it's still the same i was paying 'cept for less SMS I had 1500 txt by I never reached anywhere near that. Now I have 1000 still not reaching it so I may even lower that.

Anyhoo, my wife has a Cappy and is in love with it. She doesn't do alot of 3g use on the road. It's nearly all at home on Wifi. I still intend on keeping her on the 2GB plan because of Netflix. We plan on hooking her phone into our car A/V setup for the kids and netflix viewing may be done occasionally.

Moral of the story. Start with a larger plan and use the phone as you wish. Check your usage. If your don't need as much after a few months use, reduce your plan.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to armed

Premium Member

to armed
said by armed:

Well stand by for a ram junior. Nobody can afford to provide unlimited data to pigs for ever.

I wasn't aware that a few GB a month was "pigging out".

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that the internet has to roll back to its state in the 90s due to a sudden total lack of bandwidth. These caps are simple cash grabs, plain and simple.

Also, keep in mind, these services aren't out-of-then-norm for the target device users - hell, they're featured prominently on the advertising materials from the carrier & manufacturer. It just seems silly to boast selling the iPhone & the fastest network available...if you're not supposed to actually use the services.
armed

armed

said by Thaler:

said by armed:

I wasn't aware that a few GB a month was "pigging out".

I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that the internet has to roll back to its state in the 90s due to a sudden total lack of bandwidth. These caps are simple cash grabs, plain and simple.

Also, keep in mind, these services aren't out-of-then-norm for the target device users - hell, they're featured prominently on the advertising materials from the carrier & manufacturer. It just seems silly to boast selling the iPhone & the fastest network available...if you're not supposed to actually use the services.

A couple of gigs a month is $30 now at the Big Red. But you're cute when you smoke screen the issue here. A "few gigs/month" is not what this is all about and we all know it.

Again the issue is the difference between using the devices as compared to addicted usage of the devices as if they are a life necessity...you know like water and drugs and acne cream. Most of us "use" the devices and easily fit under the 2 gig/month lower limit. If you want more pay for it, use another method or choose another carrier that for awhile will offer unlimited until they can no longer do it.

I'm sorry but your point that applying a cap to usage moves us back to the 1990's is just plain silly. I know... I used it in the 1990's and I'll take today's caps, speed and versatility over what was going on then.

Look you are at least reasonable when you point out that the companies are providing devices that out strip their ability to provide the bandwidth. But one can argue that it was never intended to be used for downloading 60gigs or more of crap a month either.

One may even argue that its really not a bandwidth issue but a reluctance for them to invest in the infrastructure for it. Or it may be nothing but a money grab... but its the way things are and despite all the teeth gnashing they don't have to provide the service at the cost and volume that you or I may want.

If one is addicted to the service then they pay the piper. Its really very simple. If Verizon is overpriced or under provisioned then the market will force them to change or die. But to tell you the truth this cap has minimal impact on the vast majority of their users.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by armed:

A "few gigs/month" is not what this is all about and we all know it.

The plans range from $30 to what, $70 for 10 GB/month? Yeah, we are talking about a few to several GBs - at least the same order of 10.
said by armed:

Again the issue is the difference between using the devices as compared to addicted usage of the devices as if they are a life necessity...you know like water and drugs and acne cream.

Cell phone service period is not a life necessity. Should push come to shove, I don't need one to live. That being said, they need to sell it to me, the consumer, as being worth my money to shovel out for premium phones & premium plans. However, even if I pay their advertised rates for both, I'd still go over simply using the advertised cloud services/features of today's internet.

I'm sorry, but if they want to lock & cap down the mobile internet usage to a pay-thru-the-nose status, I'd just as soon go back to a flip phone. WiFi has gotten more and more plentiful, and I might as well just use a tablet for mobile data access.

Again, I understand that "if we use the service, we have to pay". Problem is, we've already been paying a premium for this. Tightening down the thumbscrews for additional funds for no additional service is a straight money grab, even if they want to sell it as "network maintenance".
armed

armed

said by Thaler:

said by armed:

A "few gigs/month" is not what this is all about and we all know it.

The plans range from $30 to what, $70 for 10 GB/month? Yeah, we are talking about a few to several GBs - at least the same order of 10.
said by armed:

Again the issue is the difference between using the devices as compared to addicted usage of the devices as if they are a life necessity...you know like water and drugs and acne cream.

Cell phone service period is not a life necessity. Should push come to shove, I don't need one to live. That being said, they need to sell it to me, the consumer, as being worth my money to shovel out for premium phones & premium plans. However, even if I pay their advertised rates for both, I'd still go over simply using the advertised cloud services/features of today's internet.

I'm sorry, but if they want to lock & cap down the mobile internet usage to a pay-thru-the-nose status, I'd just as soon go back to a flip phone. WiFi has gotten more and more plentiful, and I might as well just use a tablet for mobile data access.

Again, I understand that "if we use the service, we have to pay". Problem is, we've already been paying a premium for this. Tightening down the thumbscrews for additional funds for no additional service is a straight money grab, even if they want to sell it as "network maintenance".

Ah I give up! You want to talk about "a few gigs/month" and then say that's the same as 10 gigs a month or more in the same breath.

The company (for whatever reason) doesn't want to continue to charge lower broadband users the same as those who use much more. That's not a new costing model and in fact is very common. Its their right to decide this and other costing scenarios.

Where you and I agree is that once they make that decision we then can make whatever choice we want to make. Use it less and control the cost, use it more and pay the cost or find alternatives that let us get what we want (or close to it) for the price we want to pay.

What is so distressing is that somehow way too many people (at least on this forum) think that unlimited cell data use is a birth right and equal to importance as all other life necessities. Hell even water has a price and its not available as unlimited so why do so many think cell data ought to be.

I can understand one who says look... its not worth the price anymore or I sure don't like having to monitor my usage to control my costs. But we are way past that on this thread and similar posts on this forum. The ranting and raving about caps makes it as though they are against the natural laws of the universe. Its a right for all and the government ought to step in and make then provide unlimited services. And oh by the way make those who use less pay for those who use more. The threats and rantings about this change are way out of proportion to its impact on our society and ignores most of the concepts of free enterprise.

I say this on this thread for the last time. This is their company, we we have choices to use it or not. Cell data is not a life necessity and apparently, based on the number of people who have it, its an affordable choice even in one of the worst economic downturns in our history.

Want to use more than they allow for $30? Pay more or find another way to do it or drop it. I think you and I agree on at least that.

There is no abuse here ... its simply a costing model that some don't like. Its one of the pluses and minuses of living in this country.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by armed:

The company (for whatever reason) doesn't want to continue to charge lower broadband users the same as those who use much more.

Funny how you're trying to sell this as a "feature". The problem is, even the lowest of broadband users won't see a benefit. They will continue to pay the same amount they do today ($30 a month), but simply be subject to a cap. If anything, they lost functionality from their cell provider.
said by armed:

What is so distressing is that somehow way too many people (at least on this forum) think that unlimited cell data use is a birth right and equal to importance as all other life necessities.

My only problem is that these continued cash grabs will only slow down broadband deployment and/or service inventions. Tomorrow's new app will rely on improved networks and bandwidth - however, if we're all to be nickle-&-dimed to irrational proportions, *nobody* could afford to pick up these services and technological progress suffers.

I'd like to think that tomorrow's network might actually be bigger, better, faster, cheaper...but with the current trend of making customers pay more-for-less, this idea seems less and less likely.
Expand your moderator at work

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

Still blows my mind how the ISP's have succeeded

generally speaking in the last few years telling everyone that anyone watching "several" movies on their wireless networks was an "abuser" and how they should pay more because their poor networks just can't take it and if they can just make sure that Grandma is using 2gb instead of 5gb....everything will be ok! Oh, except you can use the larger GB's...just pay us even more

We went from "abusers" being people downloading thousands of GB's to people using.....10gb if that...I mean hell, it is or WAS 2gb until very recently (and for most still is)

unknvoip
RIP goose
Premium Member
join:2006-07-25
Rochester, NY

unknvoip

Premium Member

And another thing...

Did anyone notice the $30 2GB plan says that it is not eligible for discounts? I assume that means if you have an employer discount program that it doesn't apply for that data package.

I just keeps getting better and better.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Re: And another thing...

said by unknvoip:

Did anyone notice the $30 2GB plan says that it is not eligible for discounts? I assume that means if you have an employer discount program that it doesn't apply for that data package.

I just keeps getting better and better.

Nope only applies if you're grandfathered in. If you upgrade your phone you lose the discount. So in that CASE the $50 5 GB plan would be $40 with a 20% discount only $10 more then the $30 2 GB plan.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

My new every two is about to hit. So once I upgrade to a new phone.. I will not have unlimited data anymore?
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

No, you'll still be unlimited as long as you maintain your existing plan regardless of your device. New/Added lines won't be eligible and changing your plan obviously loses the unlimited status.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

No, you'll still be unlimited as long as you maintain your existing plan regardless of your device. New/Added lines won't be eligible and changing your plan obviously loses the unlimited status.

Well this is where they will get you. A few years ago I had to change my plan because the plan somehow couldn't support a smartphone when I got the original Blackberry Storm. I am sure a year or two down the line everyone will have to change their plan resulting in no more unlimited data.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

I have no doubt that VZW will entice customers to move away from the unlimited grandfathered plans, and then eventually "force" the remaining base. Enjoy it while you've got it

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH

CaptainRR to MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

to MuDvAyNe
My original Motorola Droid came up for renewal yesterday and I grabbed a LTE 4g phone and locked in for two years at unlimited data. Talk about perfect timing!

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

If you upgrade your phone you lose the discount.

False information. You can upgrade and still keep your unlimited plan as long as you were on a smart phone with unlimited before today.

This won't last forever though.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by thegeek:

said by 88615298:

If you upgrade your phone you lose the discount.

False information. You can upgrade and still keep your unlimited plan as long as you were on a smart phone with unlimited before today.

This won't last forever though.

Try READING what I posted. You lose the employee discount. It CLEALRY says $30 plan are NOT eligible for the discount anymore. Just because you're grandfathered into unlimited doesn't mean you're grandfathered into the discount.
themagicone
join:2003-08-13
Osseo, MN

1 recommendation

themagicone

My thoughts

I just wish having a phone/smartphone was more of an option for some people. Because people need to access, they will pay. And because they pay Verizon (or any carrier for that matter) will just keep raising rates. It's easy to say "well just don't use it" but for some that just isn't possible. I don't think Verizon was hurting at all with the old pricing plan, making money even, so there is no reason for the change except greed. Bend over...
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Re: My thoughts

Silly me thinking Verizon would actually try to compete with at&t on price. At least at&t offers a under $30 plan. Unfortunately Verizon is the only one that seems to care to offer 3G in my area.
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr to themagicone

Premium Member

to themagicone
I think whats changed for Verizon is they have to start paying Vodafone. 5.5b annually is a nice chunk of profits that im sure they would like to see replaced somehow.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9 to themagicone

Premium Member

to themagicone
said by themagicone:

I just wish having a phone/smartphone was more of an option for some people. Because people need to access, they will pay.

Business use? If so, it's an expense. If not business, what do you "need" a smartphone, and requisite data plan, for?

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson to themagicone

Premium Member

to themagicone
You are correct. Verizon and others are making money over money and this plan not only gives them MORE money but sets them up for EVEN MORE in the near future when more & more hit their caps.

I am sure some will claim that companies are there to make money and that we should just deal with it....when nobody argues otherwise about companies wanting as much money as possible...except many companies should and DO weigh whether price increases or moves that will bump the prices will anger their customers. Those companies that have consumers locked up with long contracts OR consumers with little choices around them....do it not really caring. Companies like mine balance it so we do NOT make every last dime that we could. And that is fine with us.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Re: My thoughts

A popular term is demand destruction. Obviously VZW doesn't believe it's squeezed consumers enough to worry about it yet.

gettagrip
@141.191.20.x

gettagrip

Anon

This is why I have avoided data plans!

When I recently replaced my Verizon phone, I chose to get one of the few remaining "Feature" phones expressly so that I could avoid the mandatory data plan. I pay a hefty enough price to get a DOCSIS 3.0 connection for my home, so that I can connect as many devices to the internet as my little heart desires. I don't need Verizon's crap thrust upon me just so I can play with a smartphone.

It's just not worth it to pay these extortionate prices just so I can check Facebook while I'm grocery shopping.

Under this new pricing scheme, my friends who are highly addicted to surfing the web on their phones all day will probably end up with a bill the size of a car payment.

No thanks. I can wait until I get home to watch Youtube.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

Re: This is why I have avoided data plans!

IIRC you need data plans for feature phones now.

gettagrip
@141.191.20.x

gettagrip

Anon

Re: This is why I have avoided data plans!

IIRC you need data plans for feature phones now.

Mine didn't, though I got a refurbished older one.

If they change that, my next phone will be a basic flip.

If they start requiring data plans for those then I will either change to another carrier or find a way to live without a cell.

I refuse to let them bully me into paying for something I won't even use.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Welcome back AirFone!

They might as well put the credit card swiper in again...

»en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airfone
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry

Premium Member

just in time

Typing this on my bionic that i got just in time to be grandfathered. They've always allowed those on unlimited 3g to upgrade product and maintain their plan. Hope i don't get screwed in 2 years.

••••••
goodcow
join:2004-01-28
New York, NY

goodcow

Has Verizon actually throttled anyone?

Last night I purchased an iPhone 4 with unlimited data from Verizon. This was a secondary account to my AT&T one, as I wanted to test the network out everywhere before I ported over from AT&T.

I know about the "top 5%" clause, but I'm wondering if anyone has actually been throttled by Verizon for being in that usage tier. I use about 20GB a month with AT&T and while their network sucks in comparison to Verizon so far, they never throttle me and frankly, they're probably too inept to even do so.

I'm worried about canceling my AT&T service and losing unlimited data forever there if Verizon is going to end up throttling me, or pulling some kind of "your data plan isn't compatible with this new phone" nonsense.

Is there any evidence that they do throttle?
ShellMMG
join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI

ShellMMG

Re: Has Verizon actually throttled anyone?

I have a grandfathered Alltel contract with no cap. I have never experienced throttling...unless you count the total collapse of data speeds after the takeover was complete. I used to get 2.2-2.5Mb down with Alltel but VZW fixed that. I've been stuck at 20-30KB for over a year.

My question is how long "dumbphones" will continue to be available. I have no use for a smartphone -- the screens are too small for comfort -- and the data pricing is a bigger reason to avoid them. The last time I got a new phone the selection was markedly smaller than in prior years and that's probably intentional.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

2 recommendations

IPPlanMan

Remember this anybody?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Cgca9ZNk

It's back... And it's from Verizon...

ZeddicusToo
@verizon.net

ZeddicusToo

Anon

Translation...

and by "cash in" you actually mean "rip-off".

rocco really
@comcast.net

rocco really

Anon

Who's watching the watchers

I want to know who is monitoring the telco's data meters. Would you buy a gallon of gas at a pump that hadn't been inspected by the State for accuracy. Data should have to meet the same standards.

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
543.1 22.0

joetaxpayer

Times have changed

I am on Comcast at home. When the soft and now hard cap of 250GB was made known, there was a loud minority protesting. But, it was "obvious" these guys were all pirates (bare with me a second) so it was no issue. Then (in my opinion) Netflix and other legit streaming started, and even 1GB/hr meant that families with multiple kids and multiple players (the Wii plays Netflix now, right?) could easily hit the caps. The "only pirates hit caps" went away, slowly.

Now, we're there on smart phones/ tablets. I don't know how much bandwidth (transfer) a scaled movie takes, but a long car ride can blow through the caps. I have an ATT grandfathered unlimited service, and I don't cancel in case I'm somewhere with no WiFi and want to use the streaming. So my usage is low many months, than blow thru the cap (if I had one) in another month.

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
Alexandria, VA

1 recommendation

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

Re: Times have changed

I wish that the "only pirates hit caps" went away but I have seen that line used by many posters both here and on other tech forums in the last week alone.

Some users check their email and browse the web or check news apps....and then claim that b/c they dont hit their caps, anyone that does...is abusing the network, slowing the network down, etc....it is a joke but the ISP's have successful given many their Kool-Aid

joetaxpayer
I'M Here Till Thursday
join:2001-09-07
Sudbury, MA
543.1 22.0

joetaxpayer

Re: Times have changed

Understood. To be clear, I don't mean the argument is over, just the validity of that point. When you read that people average 6-8 hours/day of TV viewing, the legit streaming puts a different spin on the numbers.

I'll concede, 8 hrs/ day (to get to 240/mo) is pathetic, but the family of 4 can hit that easily.

The ISPs/Cell guys offer the quality/bandwidth/content, now there are issues. Wait till Google buys Hulu and creates another wave of traffic (as Netflix is now some high % of traffic, Google-Hulu will double it again) and the FCC gets pulled into restraint of trade issues as customers get penalized for using a service they paid for.
Phatty
join:2000-05-10
Saint Louis, MO

Phatty

No Verizon smartphone in my future

Think this new pricing has permanently delayed any chance of my getting a smartphone through Verizon now. Been on month to month since last November, and no way I am willing to spend so much for so little.

Oh well, I hadn't renewed yet because even with unlimited data I still don't see the benefit to spending $30 a month on internet access for such a small device. I wish they would have copied off AT&T and offered a lower price option.
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

when the price is TOO DAMN HIGH!

STOP BUYING IT!
CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -TeMHys0

stop feeding companies who charge too much!
when at&t and verizon see a 50, 60, 70% drop off in subscription rates they will get the message and be sitting on a commodity that is becoming less and less valueable by the day! let these companies keep paying that FCC rent for property service they can't GIVE AWAY, LET LONE PRICE GOUGE FOR!

••••••
MADx
join:2005-05-25
Richmond, IN

MADx

Nothing Good Will Come of This

Verizon is feeling their oats.

HelpfulHerm

Anon

Re: Third party Providor

Millenicom $59.95 20 gbs, no contract. What is the problem?

Or Sprint $69.95 unlimited no contract.

Been using Millenicom for years. No worries.

••••••
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

Unlimited data for a limited time?

I bet not.

I'm still rocking an unlimited 3G card that I got in 2008. No signs of that unlimited plan going away, either.

Ultibeam
join:2008-05-27
USA

Ultibeam

Verizon saves Sprint

I find this funny that Verizon is essentially giving Sprint more customers in a passive way. Maybe that's the plan to build up Sprint so Verizon and at&t won't be the only top tier providers. I thought about switching to Verizon but this confirms I won't.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Re: Verizon saves Sprint

We need to see how customer adds and churn goes over the next few quarters before deciding that.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Re: Verizon saves Sprint

said by openbox9:

We need to see how customer adds and churn goes over the next few quarters before deciding that.

I agree. We will have to see what Sprint does. They might do what some surmise - keep prices where they are and pick up more customers. Or they might raise prices and figure they won't lose any customers. As a Sprint customer, I hope they choose the 1st option.

hhawkman
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08
Port Hueneme, CA

hhawkman

Premium Member

Oh well.

Another of the 146 reasons I'll never have a "smartphone". I need a phone for immediate communication, not for games, Surfing the Internet, Email and Spam ads. I have a computer for that.

The only reason I have "texting" on my phone is because the systems at work send a text alert if an issue arises. Other than that, I just need a phone that fits in my pocket, rings when someone calls, and maybe a speakerphone for when I'm driving.
ianmichael
join:2007-01-22
Atlanta, GA

ianmichael

Can we get some unbiased reporting on this site?

"supposedly cutting-edge" "consider a second mortgage"
All these snarky and demeaning comments by the writes of the site really make it difficult to take this site seriously as a source of tech information.

Tone down the snakry opinions and stick to a sensible form of journalism.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

Re: Can we get some unbiased reporting on this site?

Hi, welcome to DSLR. You must be new here

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

1 recommendation

VegasMan to ianmichael

Premium Member

to ianmichael
said by ianmichael:

"supposedly cutting-edge" "consider a second mortgage"
All these snarky and demeaning comments by the writes of the site really make it difficult to take this site seriously as a source of tech information.

Tone down the snakry opinions and stick to a sensible form of journalism.

Journalism? Demeaning? Snarky?

They gave all the info that was needed and gave the correct info. This site isn't meant to be the go to place for info on tech. God forbid they have an opinion and one that looks like 99% of the readers seem to agree with.
page: 1 · 2 · next