spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-09-16 10:36:15: Netflix stock was down 19% yesterday with the company's admission that their new rate hikes, imposed amidst great wailing back in July, will likely result in them losing 1 million customers. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Moropo
Premium
join:2002-07-28
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast
·America Online

They didn't lose me

They didn't lose me as I only had streaming and hence the rate remained constant.

For those that had DVD & streaming and their rate doubled, I still think Netflix's deal is way better than ANY other alternative, although if you cancelled to voice your opinion that is fine.
--
B.S. in Mathematics
Graduate student: M.S. in Mathematics

hhawkman
Premium
join:2001-02-08
Port Hueneme, CA

Re: They didn't lose me

I had both DVD/BD and streaming. I dropped the disc side because of the rate hike, and I was having a lot of trouble playing the discs. The DVD's were scratched up horribly, The BR's looked ok, but they froze up a lot. (and yes, I tried them in 3 different players).

If the Streaming Selection doesn't get better, I may drop that as well.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

1 edit

I have been a Netflix subscriber since 2005 and had the 2 at a time DVD/BD as well, but had dropped to streaming only a couple of months before the rate hike because I just couldn't find the time to watch the disks. The rate hike really didn't affect me. While I have to go rent blu-rays or brand new releases if I want them, I still find value and convenience with their streaming library.

Edited for grammar and sentence structure.
xenophon

join:2007-09-17
I stuck with both too.

1 Million loss isn't much and many will probably come back. Not sure why the stock went down. The net revenue might actually go up.

scott2020

join:2008-07-20
MO
I dumped the DVD and kept streaming for now. The streaming portion seems to get worse, not better. Let's hope the $$ they bring in is put to good use.

We use Redbox now once very 2 weeks or so, sometimes less. I can't pay $8 a month for the added convenience of getting DVD's in the mail, when I walk past a Redbox almost every day. I can get 8 Redbox DVD's for that money.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by scott2020:

I dumped the DVD and kept streaming for now. The streaming portion seems to get worse, not better. Let's hope the $$ they bring in is put to good use.

We use Redbox now once very 2 weeks or so, sometimes less. I can't pay $8 a month for the added convenience of getting DVD's in the mail, when I walk past a Redbox almost every day. I can get 8 Redbox DVD's for that money.

That was the same approach I used.
--
»www.rickperry.org/

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I dropped the DVD also and kept the streaming. I really enjoy it as I watch a lot of old TV. I may come back as a DVD subscriber as I will have more time to watch the DVDs. For the last coup,e of months I had DVDs out for 4 weeks before I got around to watching them so it didn't pay. And there are no Redboxes near me.

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
said by Moropo:

...I still think Netflix's deal is way better than ANY other alternative...

You forgot Bit Torrent. Not only is it free, but you can probably find any movie every made with little effort.

--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.

Moropo
Premium
join:2002-07-28

Ah yes, i use torrents for my Big Bang Theory & Community shows fix.

But my statement was towards paid services.
--
B.S. in Mathematics
Graduate student: M.S. in Mathematics
PDXPLT

join:2003-12-04
Banks, OR
said by heat84:

You forgot Bit Torrent. Not only is it free, but you can probably find any movie every made with little effort.

Yea, if you don't mind living with the possibility of getting a letter in the mail demanding thousands of dollars, or getting hit with a lawsuit for even more.

Don't do the crime unless you're prepared to pay the dime...

Corehhi

join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

said by PDXPLT:

said by heat84:

Yea, if you don't mind living with the possibility of getting a letter in the mail demanding thousands of dollars, or getting hit with a lawsuit for even more.

My ISP is Linksys, good luck with that letter. Hope someone around here would bump their speed up it's annoying when they only have 3 -5 megs down.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus

join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL
said by PDXPLT:

said by heat84:

Crime? nothing is stolen. LOL.
Content providers need to find other ways to collect money than just movie, dvd, cable subs, and advertisements.

Buying a DVD involves extra costs I do not want to pay for like manufacturing DVDs, pressing them, packaging, shipping/distribution, warehousing, retail markup etc + the time to rip it after buying.
If the studios do not want to sell non-drm downloads directly then that is their loss.
When you give the customer what they want you get money in return. Whatever they do it needs to be as easy as downloading a torrent.

These guys have been making a good tv show all through donations and no advertising. »www.pioneerone.tv/

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

said by Oh_No:

Crime? nothing is stolen. LOL.

True, violating copyright isn't stealing, but it is a crime. There's plenty of ways to break the law without theft of material goods.

heat84
Bit Torrent Apologist

join:2004-03-11
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I've gotten lots of letters, but they've never actually come after me. I rarely download movies anymore anyway. Its mostly TV episodes that I download.
--
Bit Torrent is my DVR.
cyberman2

join:2004-03-09
Birmingham, AL
Yeah, & it's illegal! God'll get'cha for that! Don't believe in God? Too bad!! 'Cause He's still there & He's still watching you!
--
Sincerely, Van Miller Birmingham, AL

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA
said by Moropo:

They didn't lose me as I only had streaming and hence the rate remained constant.

This ^

Thank you Netflix for giving me a 0% price increase on my streaming only option...
--
.:|:. aztec being aztec...™

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA
I dunno. At $4.50/month, I can't really complain about the quantity of the streaming selection that much.
jaymerkramer

join:2002-12-11
Saint Peters, MO
Switched over to Blockbuster Online, no extra charge for Bluray and free in store change outs. With the in store change outs I am actually able to get new Bluray releases now instead of waiting for 3 months for in to not be a long wait on Netflix!

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

One, the Blockbusters around me have closed down, or are slated to do so soon. So, the in-store change out means squat.

Two, $10/month for a simple disc rental? If I wouldn't find Netflix $8/month worth my money, why the hell would I pay Blockbuster more?

The only thing I find appealing about the whole offering is the game rentals.

Rambo76098

join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH
Hmm, I'm going to have to look into this. Thanks for the heads up.

NPGMBR

join:2001-03-28
Arlington, VA
They didn't lose me either and I still have my 2 out + streaming plan. The increase was like 5 bucks for me and I offset the increase by cutting my subscription to Showtime. That makes a helluva lot more sense to me than dropping Netflix.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1
I think copyright law should be modified so that if one cannot get access to material via local(with in 30mi), Amazon(or similar internet site) or streamed legal methods then it is no longer wrong to torrent it.

in short of a movie company or music company takes something out of print and you cant get it from a legit streaming service it should no longer be illegal to download it since the IP owner failed in their portion of their ownership of the IP as they failed to make it available.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

said by Kearnstd:

I think copyright law should be modified so that if one cannot get access to material via local(with in 30mi), Amazon(or similar internet site) or streamed legal methods then it is no longer wrong to torrent it.

I don't know how many piracy suits would've fallen into this category. Usually the MPAA lawsuit factory program targets mainstream Hollywood productions. I have yet to see of any piracy claims for out-of-region and/or out-of-production movies.

I personally feel you're right though. I try and buy media I feel is worthwhile for purchase. However, if local stores, Amazon, Google, and iTunes/Zune/etc. come up empty...then I look through the "questionable" channels instead.

Farmer chuck

@teksavvy.com
They lost everyone in Canada due to the lowest caps in the world and also highest overuse fees in the world.

SiYorCrest

@rr.com
They lost our family, we had a offer from Blockbuster for the same service that we had @ Netflix for only $2.00 more a month than the original amount we were paying Netflix, that was a no brainer decision! It is ironic as we originally were with Blockbuster and then switched to Netflix as they were cheaper, but not anymore. It didn't make any sense to pay more than necessary when you can get the same service for a lot less money.

Thaler
Premium
Los Angeles, CA

Re: They lost us.

said by SiYorCrest :

They lost our family, we had a offer from Blockbuster for the same service that we had @ Netflix for only $2.00 more a month than the original amount we were paying Netflix, that was a no brainer decision!

Enjoy your third-world streaming options. At least on Netflix, I can *sometimes* find a movie I'm looking for streaming. I've had exactly zilch luck with Blockbuster.

Also, while Netflix might have rotating films (making my selection out-of-rotation), at least their selection ensures there's something interesting on. It might not be what I intended to sit down and watch, but I won't complain.
cooperaaaron

join:2004-04-10
Joliet, IL

Cancelled my subscription...

the day when it was announced...

PToN
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

Re: Cancelled my subscription...

said by cooperaaaron:

the day when it was announced...

Tell me who do you go for movies to??

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

Re: Cancelled my subscription...

Some people simply do without.

I go to maybe 2 movies a year in the theater, if that. Anything that's out new I can wait for.

I usually look through the free on demand movies offered by my cable provider first, and then I check my own (rather small, but respectable) collection of DVD's.

If I can't find anything worth watching there, I can usually just watch something on non network TV.

And there's always Redbox.

Netflix clearly screwed up the timing & execution of their rate hike. A million people hitting the road is no small blip.

A lot of people are strapped for cash. Used to be people would suck up rate hikes for stuff like Netflix, Sirius XM, and cable.

Those days are long gone, and people are looking at that extra $10 to $18 a month for various services as groceries they can buy, or money for pet food, etc.

Netflix is hitting the road long before fluffy is....
--
Petty people are disproportionally corrupted by petty power

Rambo76098

join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH
Not everyone needs movies or TV. I cut the cord on cable and found so many better things to be doing than sitting around at home not being productive.

MTBikerChris
Premium
join:2001-08-28
Broomfield, CO
I did the same, When i got that Email i X my Acct that day.. I now use blockbuster Xpress for the few movies i rent a month!!!
mdlund0

join:2011-08-02
Lawrence, KS
Some people cancelled their subscription the day the price hike was announced. Others, like me, went ahead and kept the service until the price hike actually went into effect. That still hasn't happened for me (first billing cycle after Sept. 1st coming soon...). I think there will be a good deal more bleeding when everyone has a look at this month's bill. I know I'll be at least reducing service to keep the cost the same or lower.
Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York

$18 per month for DVDs and streaming still not a bad deal

With the local Blockbuster costing $4 to rent one movie that needs to be returned in 3 days and the added streamed content, it's still not a bad deal.

Anything higher and they could keep it.
tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

Re: $18 per month for DVDs and streaming still not a bad deal

Not bad?

Via Redbox that's 18 DVD rentals per month... not including all the free offers you'd also get. Granted this does not include streaming but I have cable and hulu for that.

Personally, I don't think there are 18 movies put a month that I'd want to watch. More like 1 or 2 (and I don't go to theaters).

If you want to watch shows on demand simply invest in a PVR. It would pay for itself very quickly.

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY

works for me!!

I went from 1 DVD to streaming only... now not only am I paying less, NO SALES TAX!! I'll get my discs from the DVDxpress kiosk.
--
I turned on my computer for this?

PToN
Premium
join:2001-10-04
Houston, TX

People that cancelled are stupid

Ok, so you like watching movies (either streaming or on your DVD player), netflix's price goes up and you cancel. What now?? What do you do now?? You now have no supply.

Yes, you may drive around to find a RedBox, but isnt that $1 per movie?? How is that better/cheaper than Netflix???

You may also claim: "I am moving over to Hulu+" - Are you serious?? Hulu+ library sucks and it literally only complements Netflix on giving you the "Live TV" experience.

Dont be mad/angry at netflix, be mad at the studios, if they werent jacking up the prices for netflix to stream the content, netflix wouldnt have had to increase their price. Companies are here to make money, not to make customers happy; people forget this all the time...

You may also say "$16" is too much, well my friend, you might have bigger financial problems and should definitively take care of that instead of worrying about watching movies.

••••••••••••
InfinityDev

join:2005-06-30
USA

The threat

Right on target with the real threat to Netflix's business.

A friend is canceling his service after over a decade, and I'm not upset at the rate hike.

I urged my friend to resubscribe because Netflix is the only pure play internet entertainment provider that has the clout to try and get network neutrality passed. Google should do it, but is so in bed with the carriers to keep Android on the front burner that they risk getting them angry.

But Netflix has the best chance with elected officials to explain simply and in sound bite friendly ways why network neutrality and metered internet are big threats to innovation and continued economic growth in the internet services sector. People know Netflix. People like Netflix (used to like it more, it seems, so they did lose some political capital). People just might call their congresscritter if Netflix starts calling out particular carriers as bogeymen.

Yes, Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo should also definitely be leaning really hard in favor of network neutrality so their gaming networks (and phone networks and now for Microsoft their Win8 cloud everything network) will work, but I'm afraid they will cozy up to the carriers and make back-room deals to pay them off to keep the fast lanes open for them instead.

The tv service providers/ISPs hate Netflix. They want to destroy it. There's no cozying up to them, so Netflix has to fight. What Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and everyone else don't realize is that the carriers hate THEM too, and will steadily choke them off one way or another -- by making consumers afraid to use their internet service or making them pay through the nose for access to their customers -- given any chance to do so.
bgraham

join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY

No Problem With Me

I dumped on demand download which we never used and went with just getting DVD's and Blue Ray by mail.

Can't remember if we saved a dollar or two, but at least we only pay for what we use. Their service is great and still cheap.

Wall Street needs their head examined anyway.

I hope Netflix buys a ton of stock, makes some money on the deal so they can keep prices down in the future.
real_goose

join:2001-04-13
Apollo Beach, FL
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·localphone.com

Goodbye Netflix

I canceled just before my Sept renewal date. We just don't use either the streaming or DVDs enough to justify paying the new rates. In fact our usage probably didn't justify even the old price but we let it slide. The major rate increase was just too much. I suspect we were actually profitable for Netflix, but they now price for the heavy users.

Most of the DVDs we ordered were either just released or old and obscure. Red Box can handle new releases but we'll miss the oldies. Frankly we are spending less time in front of the TV and enjoying life a little more. We record more than we can watch with a TiVo connected to cable limited basic and OTA. The Canadian stations in our area converted to digital in August, so we have even more options.
nfotiu

join:2009-01-25

Where is the growth opportunity?

I'm a pro netflix guy, subscriber since 2002. I am just a streaming only subscriber now, and it is great for kids shows, and I've enjoyed some of the AMC shows they have now.

DVD business is dying fast. They'll be extinct as CDs in a couple years. So where do they grow their business. They've pretty much saturated the market now. I don't see a whole of people subscribing to Netflix who don't already.

They are strictly a niche provider of post theatrical/ppv/disc/pay tv window movies. No need to get in the ppv game, as any tv with a few components hooked up probably has access to 8 different providers offering those. Where do they go from here? Probably more valuable to Google, Amazon or Apple to fold into their offerings than anything else, I'd guess. Their stock price is ridiculous, even after coming back to earth a bit.

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA

Re: Where is the growth opportunity?

We cancelled the streaming because we have enough kids shows at the house and the streaming selection of movies was just the pits unless you liked old or B movies.

Streaming won't be a threat to DVDs until they can get the exact same titles on the same release dates. At this rate that's going to be a long time.

Even Netflix themselves state that 60% of their streaming are TV shows where as only 18% of their DVD rentals are TV shows. There in lies the fact that people are mainly using DVD for new releases and the streaming just to fill in the gaps.

Plus, how's that ISP cap going to work out streaming 1080p/24 with full DTS?

»www.multichannel.com/article/473···vior.php

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

you read it here first

"Netflix's biggest problem isn't angry subscribers. A year from now, most users will forget that this shift in pricing strategy even occurred. Netflix's biggest problem remains the fact that studios and ISPs are eager to slow or stop Netflix's disruption of legacy video services through a combination of skyrocketing programming costs and metered broadband usage."

The quote is backwards.
Studios and ISP's are eager to kick the S*@! out of Netflix. The angry subscriber portion comes in after, because in a year the streaming fee will have it's own 60% rate increase.
--
The weekend is here, grab a can of beer!

b0b1234

@spcsdns.net

Netflix online library

I use netflix on the Roku and their online library is lacking and needs more!

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

Movie Selection

I have seen their movie selection deteriorate.

Movies that used to be available are no longer. I mean for streaming. I know that Netflix often cant do much about it.

My brother and I also share an account and you cant stream at the same time any more.

I would gladly pay 20/month for streaming that had a normal selection of movies as I do not have or want cable TV.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

hayabusa3303
Over 200 mph
Premium
join:2005-06-29

I left before this...

Very little streaming on there servers is the main reason for my disconnect from them..

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16

Re: I left before this...

I used to subscribe to Netflix back in the day, around 2002 or 2003. I canceled after 18 months or so. It was terrible for new releases. This is well before the 28 day waiting period, I’d put add a movie to my queue weeks before in would be released, and often I wouldn’t get it until a month or so later due to the initial demand. I got fed up with their inventory issues and canceled.

Then earlier this summer after everyone telling me how wonderful the online streaming is, I signed up for a month long free trial. I cannot put into words how truly awful Netflix streaming is. Their library is piss poor, there’s no other way to put it. They just suck. I had a list in my head of around 30 movies I wanted to see but never did for some reason or another, and I’m not talking the latest new releases. Fast and the Furious, I am Legend and Saw are just some of the movies I tried to watch but were not available. Just a bunch of crap nobody has ever heard of. So I tried to find some TV shows. No CSIs, No Criminal Minds, no Chuck, etc. For some reason I never got into many summer cable series, but The Glades on A&E looked pretty interesting, so I thought I’d watch it this year. I thought I could use Netflix to catch up with season 1, but nope, not available. What a surprise that was. But guess where I could watch the entire first season? That’s right on Free HD On Demand on Time Warner Cable. Why go to a two bit Mickey Mouse operation for TV when Time Warner’s been doing it for years?
Sure $8 for unlimited streaming sounds great, but honestly it’s not worth it, when there’s nothing available. I wouldn’t subscribe to it if it was a buck. In fact I was so disgusted with their library or lack thereof, I canceled the free trial after about 2 weeks. I find absolutely zero value in it. I find a ton of value by subscribing to all the movie channels on cable. Other then watching missed King Of The Hill episodes, I could not find a single thing on Netflix worth watching, OTHER THAN the Starz content. But that will soon be a moot point with Starz removing themselves from that abomination. Sure having Salt, Easy A, and Law Abiding Citizen on Netflix was great, but since I pay for Starz, why limit myself to a handful of their movies, when I can get them all on 6 channels plus their On Demand channel on cable.

I doubt I'll ever have anything to do with netflix again.
--
Chuck Norris was once asked why he doesn’t use an iPhone, he responded, “Same reason I don’t use tampons.”
AT&T - America's Worst 3G Network

SunnyD

join:2009-03-20
Madison, AL

2 recommendations

Huh?

Someone is missing the point, and this time it's not just Netflix.

quote:
Consumers continue to pay for cable despite bi-annual rate hikes after all, and $8 for streaming or DVD rentals continues to present good value in the face of ever-soaring cable TV rates.
I'm not sure exactly how many are "content" with bi-annual rate hikes, but for the last several years I've made damn certain that I continually get put on promotional rates with my TV and/or Internet providers. If they refuse, I switch. End result, my entertainment costs have remained flat over the last several years.

What Netflix fails to realize is that by raising prices, they are quickly falling out of "complementary service" range when it comes to cable TV. Myself and many I know originally subscribed to Netflix in order to rent DVDs as a complementary service to broadcast/cable TV. When they added streaming, their selection wasn't great, but rapidly got better. In the end, it was STILL only a complementary service though, as everything they had was available on cable or elsewhere anyway. But for the price, Netflix still offered a value advantage for what it provided. But then they went and all but "doubled" the price or split up the service.

Let's face it, the streaming portion, especially with it losing a good deal of content recently, is a mediocre attraction at par price. The DVD component is still competitive with the industry, especially given Netflix's ability to provide recent content in a timely manner. But honestly, with companies like Redbox breathing down their throats and becoming ubiquitous - I mean really, how many people actually plan out what movies they want to see in advance for months at a time?

Sorry, this move was purely a shareholder move. I have a feeling it will be far more than just a "blip on the radar" in the long run.
decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

1 dvd

I do 1 dvd at a time being gas is soo high that makes redbox pretty much worthless for me... Wish I could do streaming, but wireless is soo flaky that its just not dependable...
ggultra2764

join:2007-09-13
Cambridge, NY
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·AT&T Wireless Br..

Doesn't really hurt me...

Gives me more options with whether I want DVD-only plans considering Netflix lacked this option before announcing the price hikes. I've only hopped over to a streaming-only plan for right now because money's gotten tight from family borrowing quite a bit of money from me.
Jo J14

join:2010-06-29
New York, NY

Lost me this week

Ive been using it less and less as I kept seeing more obscure crap to stream.

I know it's not their fault, but the movie/tv studios fault. It's pretty shortsighted of the studios to try and maintain their same and or better bottom lines in this market.

They have lost my money and Im just watching their content on unauthorized streaming sites >. On these streaming sites you can find all you want to watch for free.
Ostracus

join:2011-09-05
Henderson, KY

Re: Lost me this week

said by Jo J14:

Ive been using it less and less as I kept seeing more obscure crap to stream.

I know it's not their fault, but the movie/tv studios fault. It's pretty shortsighted of the studios to try and maintain their same and or better bottom lines in this market.

They have lost my money and Im just watching their content on unauthorized streaming sites >. On these streaming sites you can find all you want to watch for free.

Well aside from the legality, those streaming sites aren't all they're cracked up to be. From screen cams, to heavy demand [buffer], [buffer], to being in a non-native language. Not to mention the time wasted in finding the material to begin with, plus the nature of video simply means either you're going to see more, "for a better online experience give US money instead of the rights-holder"or "for a good time call..." ads.

Kevin83165

join:2002-03-31
Herrin, IL

Lost me

I dumped them when I saw Netflix's response to angry customers after the price hike was announced. "Those who dropped Netflix represents only a small percentage and we are a thriving business, we will survive". That statement just didn't sit well with me, it's not the way I roll and I won't give an arrogant company my business. I freely speak with my wallet.

After all, i'm only a small fraction
Flycat

join:2003-05-12
Lawrence, MA

Re: Lost me

Oh come on now. What else are they going to say? "Excuse us while we wither away and die?" Any and every company is going to make a similar statement. They are not being arrogant in any way.

For myself, I continue to pay the $7.99 before and after the change. I really don't watch much netflix, but I like having the choice of watching a decent movie at any time available to me. It's worth the $8/m to me.

Now if it truly turns out that their access to decent movies dries up and all I'm left with is access to B movies I just may reconsider.

Also, I'll add that I, like many of you reading this can easily find alternative means of accessing the content is "less than legal" ways, but appreciate what netflix is bringing to the table. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I'd be happy to pay a reasonable fee to access the content, but unfortunately most companies figure if you're willing to pay $8, let's see if you'll pay $12, and so it goes.
Expand your moderator at work

Dogg
Premium
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL
Reviews:
·Charter

pricing changes

Everyone keeps spewing how the prices have "doubled" or they have increased 40%, but I don't see where anyone is getting their information. I was/am on the 3 DVD/unlimited plan and my bill went from 19.99 to 23.98. That is not "double" or a "40%" increase.

And from reading many of the posts here, no one else has had their bill double either.

And I don't see an issue with the price increases anyway. My bill has remained constant for quite awhile now. During that period, postage has increased several times, and I also now have access to streaming. So I'm actually seeing a better deal for my money.
--
Google is your Friend

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA

Re: pricing changes

Good for you Dogg! Good for you!
thedragonmas

join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA

1 recommendation

well lets see, when you go from $10 for 1 dvd and unlimited streaming, to $15 for the same, that sure looks like a ~40% hike to me. but hey, what do i know, its just numbers..

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·Verizon FiOS
·Vonage

I downgraded

As I promised to do when they announced their rate hikes, I downgraded to streaming only. For the rest of my movie viewing pleasure, I have a new energy in using my Newsleecher client, and am becoming reacquainted with my uTorrent program.

I am not that mad at Netflix. I understand why they increased prices. I'm mad at the entire industry. Netflix has the perfect delivery system, and movie studios are balking at it.
--
He used to say that soul shine, is better than sunshine, better than moonshine, damn sure better than rain.

Debunking the 2012 hysteria. | Always looking for a new job | Will work for coffee or beer.