dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-11-22 13:32:03: Dish has made it clear that in addition to developing a new video streaming service, the company is planning to make a major splash in the wireless broadband arena, with plans to build an LTE-Advanced network under the umbrella of a subsidiary compan.. ..

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

2 edits

FFH5

Premium Member

Ollo?

What kind of name is Ollo? I have heard of some strange brand names, but this is 1 of the worst.

Plus they filed for these too:
quote:
Dish has also filed applications for three other unique brands that it may be considering for mobile video products. On Sept. 6, it filed trademark applications for the brands Hopper, HopBox and Joey.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

Re: Ollo?

said by FFH5:

What kind of name is Ollo? I have heard of some strange brand names, but this is 1 of the worst.

Plus they filed for these too:

quote:
Dish has also filed applications for three other unique brands that it may be considering for mobile video products. On Sept. 6, it filed trademark applications for the brands Hopper, HopBox and Joey.

They wanted to use Quikster but that is taken.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to FFH5

to FFH5
All of those names should be rejected as they're common names and a proper name.
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Wii? XBox?
SilentMan
join:2002-07-15
New York, NY

1 recommendation

SilentMan to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Ollo sounds like "hoyo" in Spanish (the h is silent and the y is pronounced like j in English) which means "hole" in English. There must be something behind that word.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

Sounds like a margarine.
Automate
join:2001-06-26
Atlanta, GA

Automate

Great

The more the merrier. Just hope they realize, like Clear/Sprint/LightSquared have discovered, building a 4G network takes lots of cash.
zeddlar
join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK

zeddlar

Re: Great

They now not only have thier satellite TV service but they own the entire Blockbuster chain and Hughesnet so I doubt cash is gonna be to big of a problem for them now if they play their cards right.
iwinrar
join:2010-03-18

iwinrar

Yea bankrupting companies are huge cashcows these days.
25139889 (banned)
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

besides Blockbuster none of them filed for bankruptcy.
iwinrar
join:2010-03-18

iwinrar

Yes but the fact is Dish Network is what is making all the money. So bringing up the other 2 is still rather pointless.
25139889 (banned)
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

I didn't bring them up. But Dish can tie Blockbuster in with their TV services which they are. It also gives them the advantage where they can deploy streaming tv/movies without a problem. They're also in the game business as well. it gives them a LOT of areas to grab some $$$.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna to zeddlar

to zeddlar
When did Dish Network acquire Hughesnet? ? ? ?
said by zeddlar:

They now not only have thier satellite TV service but they own the entire Blockbuster chain and Hughesnet so I doubt cash is gonna be to big of a problem for them now if they play their cards right.

gordoco
join:2004-06-05
Boulder, CO

gordoco

said by compuguybna:

When did Dish Network acquire Hughesnet? ? ? ?

Here's your answer: »lmgtfy.com/?q=dish+acqui ··· ughesnet

Actually it was Echostar that acquired Hughesnet, not Dish, although Dish and Echostar used to be one.

Happy Valentine's Day!
25139889 (banned)
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to Automate

to Automate
Sprint was done from the start. And will be done if they don't find anymore cash after the iPhone stunt to say "me too". L2 would have the network built if it wasn't for the GPS Systems. And Clear- never had the money to start and they're main investor/shareholder doesn't give a damn about them.

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to Automate

to Automate
said by Automate:

The more the merrier. Just hope they realize, like Clear/Sprint/LightSquared have discovered, building a 4G network takes lots of cash.

Don't worry. Charlie has a lot of cash.