dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-12-20 09:12:12: You'll recall that back in 2008 Bell started throttling the bandwidth delivered to wholesale customers without telling them about it. While Bell insisted the move was due to network congestion, they were never able to prove the congestion existed. ..

prev · 1 · 2
PRIUS
join:2009-09-17
Toronto, ON

PRIUS

Little to late to soon. . .

This is a good move on Bell's part. However, the damage is already done. Bell lost scores of customers since implementing throttling. And those customers will never return. And with Bell raising rates January 1st, 2012, Bell stands to loose more customers. When is enough ever enough where Bell is concerned.

Mr_Fix_It
Premium Member
join:2009-03-01
Orillia, ON

Mr_Fix_It

Premium Member

class action suit

I guess since they started throttling without consent or knowledge and directly & intentionally interfered with a consumers internet connection than would it not seem logical that Bell needs to pay consumers back for all the time they have wasted without or permission ?

After all time is money.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to battleop

to battleop

Re: Hum...

said by battleop:

Since you fail to understand basic English let me help you out....

So maybe there was some truth to why they thought they needed to throttle customers.

I understood that. You threw out a 1-line unsubstantiated PR statement to defend an incumbent practice that there never was any substantiated need for.
prev · 1 · 2