spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2011-12-30 10:33:04: Not too surprisingly, a Comcast insider tells Broadband Reports that the company will be phasing out their Comcast "Internet2Go" wireless broadband service over the next six months. ..

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

Good; Kill it!

It was a bit pricey to even consider it. It is cheaper to just add the hot spot service for my thunderbolt & run whatever device I want.

voipnpots

join:2011-10-13
USA

Say hello to Xfinity Wireless!

...Only from Comcast...

If in reality I'm only subscribing to Verizon's network, I choose to stick with at&t for wireless service.

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Hmmm makes you wonder...

With the announcement of Fios Halted in its tracks. Is it any wonder this deal came through. It seems to be a gentlemen's agreement with comcast and verizon.

Looks like Verizon wants to just be a wireless player thinking it is the future. Also looks like the incoming ceo has a lot to do with the deals being aligned for his take over. Can't say I didn't see this coming.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Horrible customer service

I tried ordering the Xfinity Internet 2go last year and the reps were clueless on how to place the order. I tried ordering the 3G MiFi which the rate sheet said $25 with agreement and the reps said it was $125. Then I get a rep who seemed to know the facts and I went ahead and ordered the MiFi and they send me the USB modem instead. It was kind of a bait and switch scam (which is illegal in Massachusetts). Fortunately I canceled the Xfinity internet 2go within the 30 day customer guarentee and ended up going with Verizon Wireless for my mobile broadband needs instead. They offer new and exciting products but they make it impossible to order them as the reps are not trained prior to offering the services for sale to the public. That should be a clue to their bad customer service.
--
All of my CPE (including my EMTA) is customer owned. The only Comcast owned equipment in my house is the CableCards in the two TiVO boxes I own.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

Sprint

This always happens with Sprint. They did this before with their own Cell service and the MSOs pulled the plug. And what do you expect this companies to do when your partner and MAJOR investors get SUED by the company providing you services?

They pull out and watch you BURN!

To big to stop

Sounds like everybody is getting in bed with Verizon.

bnceo

join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD

Confused

Never understood the reason to get Internet2Go from Comcast when I can deal with the company directly. Was Comcast making it cheaper via a bundle? Cause it sure didn't seem that way.

And with the partnership for Verizon, still don't get it. I rather go with AT&T myself and not even bother with Comcast. Just utterly confused

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1

They wanted to offer a quadruple disappointment. Get crappy service four ways.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
reply to bnceo

said by bnceo:

Never understood the reason to get Internet2Go from Comcast when I can deal with the company directly. Was Comcast making it cheaper via a bundle? Cause it sure didn't seem that way.

And with the partnership for Verizon, still don't get it. I rather go with AT&T myself and not even bother with Comcast. Just utterly confused

Their all mobile plans seemed to be more expensive than direct from Clear or Sprint. Its not just Comcast. TWC internet to go offerings are also overpriced.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

their an MVNO what do you expect. almost ALL MVNOs are over priced.

NickD
Premium
join:2000-11-17
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to Johkal

Re: Good; Kill it!

It's interesting considering Xfinity competes with FiOS for TV, phone, and Internet. Verizon is great for cellular, and Comcast has a large wi-fi hotspot network spanning 4 states.

scottshad

join:2008-05-03
pluto

comcast and verizon

Please tell me that this is a very bad joke! If verizon and comcast merge it will ruin verizon!!!!
Verizon is surely the best wireless company in the good old usa

contsole
Premium
join:2003-12-30
Wethersfield, CT
reply to Johkal

Good; Kill it!

It was unthrottled, uncapped 4G and 5 GB of 3G for $45 a month. It was a good deal and a little less than Clear charged. I was just about ready to order.