dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-01-06 06:44:28: • iPhone 4S is biggest network hog; just 1% of mobile users consume 50% of all downlink data [totaltele.com] • Sprint admits to throttling 1% of unlimited customers, but says there are no plans to adopt tiered tariffs [totaltele. ..

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

re: RIAA: We Must Take A Shoot First, Ask Questions Later Ap

OK I will play the game of enacting SOPA. Yes we must shoot first and ask later. I wonder how the RIAA will feel if someone claims infringement against a song hosted on, lets say, Sony's web site and the law allows the entire Sony domain to be seized, with no warning or appeal.

The pendulum swings both way folks.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Kodak...

I miss Kodakrome. And Panatomic. Fare thee well... until they sell off the last patent.

(perhaps to join the ranks of Polaroid, Pan American, Studebaker, USS Steel, TWA, WoolWorth, General Foods, AMF... just another one to add to the history of missing the boat...)
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop

I agree, I used to use nothing but Kodachrome. I miss the color rendition. I have made the switch to digital because of the lack of quality film available. So sad!!
TH47
join:2005-10-29

TH47

I made the switch to digital after "they" lost the best damn pictures I had ever taken in my whole life...

But it's true, my first camera was a very old Kodak Instamatic (!?) and my current one is a Kodak EasyShare.

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour

Facebook Is Becoming Perhaps Too Annoying

I guess I'm not the average 'net/web user. I find these constant changes in FB's user interface annoying, and their cavalier attitude toward user privacy disturbing. As for "Actions": I feel the same way about that as I did "Timeline": Do not like.

I recently activated my Google+ account. I don't know as I'm going to actually abandon FB, but I'm preparing to reduce my footprint there considerably.

Not that I don't have concerns about the Gollective, mind you...

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties

Re: Kodak...

If Kodak knew since the '90s (as the article said) their business model was working, they could've seen the future in digital photography. No wonder many of these great companies die off. They only look at the bottom line and not see the future.

As for the RIAA and MPAA, if they don't wise up, their business models will also go the way of the dinosaur.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

Connect Everyone In The World Online (Yes, Everyone) By 2018

It is an interesting concept, but every person? There are still a large number of people who would love nothing more than to eat tomorrow, and they could care less about being able to update their facebook status.
Austinloop
join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX

Austinloop to TH47

to TH47

I am now digital because of trouble finding good slide film. I use a Canon EOS digital and a Canon digital moviecam.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom to pende_tim

to pende_tim

Re: re: RIAA: We Must Take A Shoot First, Ask Questions Later Ap

Laws don't apply to the enforcers, which the RIAA becomes under SOPA. Cops can literally shoot first just because you make a "fast movement" while if you shot someone who broke into your home to rape your children you would automatically be arrested.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to TH47

Premium Member

to TH47

said by TH47:

I made the switch to digital after "they" lost the best damn pictures I had ever taken in my whole life...

same, my first digital was a kodak easyshare, think it was 2.something MP's.. but it ate AA's like candy, seriously brand new alkalines only took 10 pictures max. to day i use a fujifilm finepix with a li-ion battery pack.

anon6
@comcast.net

anon6

Anon

riaa shoot first ask later

These people don't sound too smart by saying things like this.
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer to Wilsdom

to Wilsdom

Re: re: RIAA: We Must Take A Shoot First, Ask Questions Later Ap

If the U. S. Constitution was enforced the law would apply to the enforcers. Otherwise we will have the same kind of tyranny that resulted in the the Revolutionary War being fought. However by their statement the RIAA is now admitting they don't believe in the Constitution or due process under the law.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to pende_tim

Premium Member

to pende_tim
That means we the citizens must take a shoot first ask questions later to censorship preventing and fire cruise missiles at anybody trying to support it as it is naturally the job of this country to protect freedom of speach. nobody will miss the RIAA, MPAA, Congress, Wallstreet.....
Kearnstd

Kearnstd to Camelot One

Premium Member

to Camelot One

Re: Connect Everyone In The World Online (Yes, Everyone) By 2018

however lets say this happens, I predict a world record 8 billion lawsuits filed that year by the RIAA who now thinks every internet connection is only used for piracy.