spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-01-19 12:30:39: While the MPAA decried yesterday's SOPA/PIPA protests as a "publicity stunt," it seems clear that the protests did have their intended effect, with at least 18 Senators having withdrawn support for SOPA. ..

prev page · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to DataRiker

Re: Google anti-SOPA/PIPA actions will disappear soon

said by DataRiker:

said by Rob:

It is not our government's place to police the Internet, or police foreign governments.

Have you read your signature lately?

LOL, when will this guy quit?

He claims to be a republican yet supports big government nanny police intervention.

So funny!

Republicans love big Government.

But conservative != Republican

Jason Levine
Premium
join:2001-07-13
USA
reply to moonpuppy

Re: I apologise ...

I completely agree. You can't simply "plug the holes" on SOPA/PIPA. They're too fatally flawed. We need to kill them right now. *If* we need legislation (and I'm not fully convinced we do), we need to start from scratch and this time have the tech companies engaged in the process instead of shutting any anti-SOPA folks out.
--
-Jason Levine

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to FFH

Re: United States Gross National Product 2010

said by FFH:

said by DataRiker:

ThrowDemsOut, is your signature just for satire?

Its clear your actually a pro big government nanny state interventionist.

I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective.

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say you hate non-wealthy, non-powerful thieves and copyright infringers and want them prosecuted.

NV
--
Adopting other people's animosity is The New Stupid.

gorehound

join:2009-06-19
Portland, ME
reply to FFH

Re: Google anti-SOPA/PIPA actions will disappear soon

I have created a group on Facebook called Boycott Big Content.I intend to only buy Indie Stuff and I will not be letting my wallet near Hollywood.They can kiss my dog's butt.And as far as the SOPA/PIPA Crew in Washington goes I have a saved list of the original crew of Reps and Senators who had signed on.I have no intention to forget all of their names.
Frakkin Arses is what these Rats are.These kind of Bills will just come up by year's end I bet.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to gaforces

Re: Teaching respect for ip

said by gaforces:

Not in the US, teachers can take almost anything and say its for educational purpose and dont pay a dime.
Some software they used to have to pay 10% of retail, but mostly they get that free now too.

The US equivalent is called the "Copyright Clearance Center" and most likely the school board has an agreement with them. The would be in charge of blanket licensing all copyrighted materials being used for educational purposes in the US
--
I'm watching District 9 again, and I've come to realize something: Wikus's got it all wrong. If I were morphing into a 9 foot tall hyper-dextrous alien that can shoot lightning bolts and get high off cat food why would I ever want to become human again?

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Noah Vail

said by Noah Vail:

said by FFH:

said by DataRiker:

ThrowDemsOut, is your signature just for satire?

Its clear your actually a pro big government nanny state interventionist.

I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective.

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say you hate non-wealthy, non-powerful thieves and copyright infringers and want them prosecuted.

NV

No that wouldn't be accurate.
--
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
»www.politico.com/2012-election/

moonpuppy

join:2000-08-21
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to Jason Levine

Re: I apologise ...

Make no mistake, legislation is needed. We also need to enforce the legislation already out there.

It's funny how I see people selling obviously pirated DVDs on the street. These are the real bad camcorder versions of movies. And yet, the cops do not arrest them for selling counterfeit material. They do more harm than the digital pirates and actually profit highly off of it.

Noah Vail
Son made my Avatar
Premium
join:2004-12-10
Lorton, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

No that wouldn't be accurate.

Try this then.

You give every indication that your hatred of thieves and thieves and copyright infringers is limited to the non-wealthy and non-powerful.
It is only that group of thieves and copyright infringers for whom you consistently advocate prosecution.

That's were all the evidence I've seen leads. If I've missed posts to the contrary, I'd love to read them.

NV

--
Adopting other people's animosity is The New Stupid.