dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-01-19 12:30:39: While the MPAA decried yesterday's SOPA/PIPA protests as a "publicity stunt," it seems clear that the protests did have their intended effect, with at least 18 Senators having withdrawn support for SOPA. ..

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Google anti-SOPA/PIPA actions will disappear soon

Anybody think Google wasn't just looking out for themselves here? Google will support PIPA as soon as THEY are exempted. It is all about the bottom line. Google could care less about the anti-SOPA/PIPA activists.

»www.politico.com/news/st ··· 663.html

Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) are in discussions to exempt search-result blocking from the PROTECT IP Act, sources confirmed to POLITICO.

Kyl made the proposal to Leahy on Wednesday. The measure is one of the biggest sticking points for the tech industry in a set of anti-piracy bills.

A Leahy spokeswoman confirmed that the two senators have "authorized their staffs to discuss a manager’s amendment."

»SOPA Protests Result in Political Backpedaling [98] comments
quote:
The lesson for lawmakers here appears to be that you don't piss off the Internet
I think the real lesson learned is that Congress can't piss off Google. But they can still look forward to Google political contributions as soon as Google is exempted.
jerseyjoe123
join:2008-04-28
Picton, ON

2 edits

jerseyjoe123

Re: Google anti-SOPA/PIPA actions will disappear soon

It wouldn't be only their search results that would take a hit by SOPA/PIPA. Youtube, which Google owns, would be effectively wiped out.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by jerseyjoe123:

It wouldn't be only their search results that would take a hit by SOPA/PIPA. Youtube, which Google owns, would be effectively wiped out.

YouTube has nothing to worry about. Google made peace with the content providers awhile ago over YouTube submissions that break copyright. They implemented an automated system of removing infringing content that captures the vast majority of infringing submissions.

And SOPA/PIPA, despite the slippery slope arguments by opponents, is NOT designed to block US sites. It is squarely aimed at foreign sites and governments that tolerate/encourage the stealing of US content. The alarmists always want EVERY law gutted that could potentially be abused somehow. But that is true of every law ever passed. So for them we should have no laws, because all laws can be abused. That is an anarchist's position.

rit56
join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

1 recommendation

rit56

What a crock.
jerseyjoe123
Picton, ON

jerseyjoe123 to FFH5

to FFH5
This sums it up pretty well:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· b_D2SD3k

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Robert to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

And SOPA/PIPA, despite the slippery slope arguments by opponents, is NOT designed to block US sites. It is squarely aimed at foreign sites and governments that tolerate/encourage the stealing of US content. The alarmists always want EVERY law gutted that could potentially be abused somehow. But that is true of every law ever passed. So for them we should have no laws, because all laws can be abused. That is an anarchist's position.

It is not our government's place to police the Internet, or police foreign governments.

Have you read your signature lately?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

isn't hypocrisy fun?

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

Not everything can be based on 1 statement.

I like small government. But I am also patriotic and want a military that can defend our country - even if it costs more than I like. I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective. I'd like healthcare to be cheaper, but not at the expense of the gov't calling all the shots on whether I get to live or die in a cost effective manner. I want illegal immigrants found and deported and I want those who knowingly hire them jailed, even though it would be government that has to perform that function at a cost. Etc, etc, etc. In other words, attempts to pigeonhole a group you don't like should not resort to the poor tactics of picking 1 item of something they support and then using that as some std of purity to measure every one of their goals. The world is not black and white, it is gray.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

The world is not black and white, it is gray.

The RIAA/MPAA doesn't see it that way. To them, the world is black and white.

Noah Vail
Oh God please no.
Premium Member
join:2004-12-10
SouthAmerica

1 recommendation

Noah Vail to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

I hate thieves(and copyright infringers) and want them prosecuted - even if it isn't always cost effective.

Then we can expect you to speak out against these copyright violators and call for their accounting; under the full measure of the law.

If your position has any credibility, that is what you will do.
quote:
This is a screencap of PIPA co-sponsor Roy Blunt's Twitter page from a couple of days ago.
The background image is by photographer Walter Rowland. I spoke to his wife Linny, and she told me:

"Wow, I'm so surprised to see that someone would do this. Especially a senator! It's even more of a violation because I'm actually in the photo so it's as if I'm supporting his beliefs. Yes, that's one of my husband's photos who is actually a semi-professional photographer, and no, they weren't given permission."

Roy has since changed the background on his Twitter in an attempt to cover his tracks.

This is PIPA supporter and Missouri Senator Claire McCaskill's Twitter page as it appears right now.
And this is the background image she stole from Flickr user J. Stephen Conn, who told me this:

"I do not recall giving the senator permission to use this photo on her Twitter account. I have put the photo in the Creative Commons, which means anyone may use it for non-commercial purposes, however, proper attribution of the photo should be given because it is NOT in the public domain."

The above screencap shows the homepage of Florida congressman/SOPA co-sponsor/probable PIPA supporter Dennis Ross' website.
Which features the appropriately titled illustration "Overweight Government Pig" by cartoonist John S. Pritchett. You'll notice that Dennis cropped out the part where it says "© John Pritchett". We contacted John, and he told us:

"To my knowledge, I did not license the usage of my "Overweight Govt. Pig" illustration to Dennis Ross."
Thanks to dave See Profile, whose post brought it to my attention.
That's more attribution than the 'thieving' PIPA supporters bother to give.

NV
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Exactly! As there is a lot of grey would should always error on the side of rights vs censorship. Laws already exist to prevent copyright violations... wasn't megauploads just shut down. This was done without SOPA. SOPA simply removes due process.

I don't know of anyone against copyright protection... but this is not the problem with SOPA. The issue is that it removes due process.

We live with certain evils... that is just a fact. It's the price we pay to live the way that we do. But we need to all admit this and then look at bills such as SOPA.
jerseyjoe123
Picton, ON

jerseyjoe123

said by tcope:

wasn't megauploads just shut down. This was done without SOPA. SOPA simply removes due process.

I don't know of anyone against copyright protection... but this is not the problem with SOPA. The issue is that it removes due process.

MegaUploads was blocked because the Entertainment industry claimed they had an infringing video on their site that contained a number of high profile artists in it. However, it was MegaUpload who produced the video and had paid the artists to appear in it. The Entertainment industry had no ownership of the video, but still had MegaUpload blocked for a day or two, and disrupted MegaUpload's business, without even validating that any copyright infringement had actually occurred, and without following legal due process.

SOPA just gives them the ability to do the same on a whim to anyone. Luckily, MegaUpload had the media connections, finances, and the clout to push back quickly. Imagine what would have happened if it had been a small video business just starting out? Such an incident would have ruined that business.
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

said by jerseyjoe123:

MegaUploads was blocked because the Entertainment industry claimed they had an infringing video on their site that contained a number of high profile artists in it. However, it was MegaUpload who produced the video and had paid the artists to appear in it. The Entertainment industry had no ownership of the video, but still had MegaUpload blocked for a day or two, and disrupted MegaUpload's business, without even validating that any copyright infringement had actually occurred, and without following legal due process.

Not as I read... the Justice Dept indited them for hosting copywrited material to the tune of $500 million of loss revenue. This is not a "video".... this speaks of "multiple" files.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to jerseyjoe123

Premium Member

to jerseyjoe123
MegaUpload is a legit site.

This takedown and arrest is an example of where this path is leading us.

The USA better be careful or the rest of the world will copy and pirate everything Hollywood makes as a matter of principle.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5

Premium Member

said by KrK:

MegaUpload is a legit site.

Oh, give me a break. Megauoload is far from legitimate. Having SOME legit files, or even a small percentage of legit files(even 20 or 30 %) doesn't make them legit. And the pretend ignorance by site mgt of what is on their servers is so bogus.

»arstechnica.com/tech-pol ··· load.ars

But the government asserts that Megaupload merely wanted the veneer of legitimacy, while its employees knew full well that the site's main use was to distribute infringing content. Indeed, the government points to numerous internal e-mails and chat logs from employees showing that they were aware of copyrighted material on the site and even shared it with each other. Because of this, the government says that the site does not qualify for a “safe harbor” of the kind that protected YouTube from Viacom's $1 billion lawsuit.

For instance, the “abuse tool” allegedly does not remove the actual file being complained about by a rightsholder. Instead, it only removes a specific Web address linked to that file—but there might be hundreds of such addresses for popular content.

Employees also had access to analytics. One report showed that a specific linking site had “produce[d] 164,214 visits to Megaupload for a download of the copyrighted CD/DVD burning software package Nero Suite 10. The software package had the suggested retail price of $99.” The government's conclusion: Megaupload knew what was happening and did little to stop it.

Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

What the percentage of internet traffic that is totally legit? Probably only 20 or 30%. SHUT IT DOWN

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

It is not our government's place to police the Internet, or police foreign governments.

LOL, when will this guy quit?

He claims to be a republican yet supports big government nanny police intervention.

So funny!

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine

said by DataRiker:

said by Robert:

LOL, when will this guy quit?

He claims to be a republican yet supports big government nanny police intervention.

So funny!

Republicans love big Government.

But conservative != Republican

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

2 recommendations

coldmoon to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
quote:
...And SOPA/PIPA, despite the slippery slope arguments by opponents, is NOT designed to block US sites. It is squarely aimed at foreign sites and governments that tolerate/encourage the stealing of US content. The alarmists always want EVERY law gutted that could potentially be abused somehow. But that is true of every law ever passed. So for them we should have no laws, because all laws can be abused. That is an anarchist's position.
Your logic and blind faith are unsupportable. The entertainment industry and big content will abuse the system just as they have the DMCA. Such things like submitting take downs on content they DO NOT OWN, interfering with a legitimate business' advertising because they don't like the company that made the ad, ICE seizing a totally legal site USED BY THE INDUSTRY'S OWN MARKETING DEPARTMENTS and holding the domain hostage for over a year without recourse or explanation, Suing people for clearly fair use scenarios even when they were found NOT TO BE THE ACTUAL RIGHTS HOLDER, etc, etc, etc

And all this WITHOUT SOPA/PIPA being passed. No, the industry does not deserve any new tools until they learn the proper and ethical use of the tools they currently have and also learn how to innovate and deliver the content people want to consume in the formats they want.

We are at a crossroads and if the legacy industry fails to adapt, they will simply cease to exist in time and all this will be moot regardless...

Alex J
@apexcovantage.com

Alex J to FFH5

Anon

to FFH5

The alarmists always want EVERY law gutted that could potentially be abused somehow. But that is true of every law ever passed. So for them we should have no laws, because all laws can be abused. That is an anarchist's position.

You continue to clearly illustrate that you are the biggest and worst troll this website has.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

2 recommendations

pnh102 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
All the laws in the world won't change a thing. The Internet has been a complete game-changer to the way the content industry does business. To a certain extent, the music industry has adapted, even though Apple now holds them by the balls, but the movie industry hasn't.

I still do not subscribe to the notion that each incidence of piracy is equal a lost sale. There is no proof whatsoever that people who pirate content would have otherwise purchased it legitimately if piracy were not an option.

I do hold to the fact that like the DMCA, all SOPA/PIPA will do is make life miserable for legitimate users of copyrighted content. The same content industry that gave us the DMCA still clings to the idea that you need to buy a separate copy of the same content if you want to use it in different places, and still believes that you are a criminal should you decide to break the DRM restrictions on legitimately purchased content so that you can use it in non-infringing ways (sorry RIAA, but ripping a track off a CD you bought so you can listen to it in the car without ruining the original disk is NOT piracy).

The push for yet another law just reminds of the push for more gun control laws. In both situations, none of the present laws are effective, the ones in place don't seem to be enforced, and the only people who are impacted are legitimate users who simply wish to exercise their rights.

Enough is enough.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by pnh102:

All the laws in the world won't change a thing. The Internet has been a complete game-changer to the way the content industry does business. To a certain extent, the music industry has adapted, even though Apple now holds them by the balls, but the movie industry hasn't.

I still do not subscribe to the notion that each incidence of piracy is equal a lost sale. There is no proof whatsoever that people who pirate content would have otherwise purchased it legitimately if piracy were not an option.

I do hold to the fact that like the DMCA, all SOPA/PIPA will do is make life miserable for legitimate users of copyrighted content. The same content industry that gave us the DMCA still clings to the idea that you need to buy a separate copy of the same content if you want to use it in different places, and still believes that you are a criminal should you decide to break the DRM restrictions on legitimately purchased content so that you can use it in non-infringing ways (sorry RIAA, but ripping a track off a CD you bought so you can listen to it in the car without ruining the original disk is NOT piracy).

The push for yet another law just reminds of the push for more gun control laws. In both situations, none of the present laws are effective, the ones in place don't seem to be enforced, and the only people who are impacted are legitimate users who simply wish to exercise their rights.

Enough is enough.

I haven't defended all the copyright law features. No one has. Not even the RIAA or MPAA. But opponents like to take the position that if copyright law isn't perfect, then there should be no copyright at all. Many of those opponents do subscribe to the entitlement theory that "IF they can steal it; they should be allowed to". The solution isn't all or nothing. The copyright laws need changing, especially for length of time and use by 1 person over many devices. So lobby for those changes. But enforcing copyright restrictions IS NEEDED, especially from those overseas who feel that stealing from the RICH USA is justified.

Jackie
@bmo.com

Jackie

Anon

said by FFH5:

I haven't defended all the copyright law features. No one has. Not even the RIAA or MPAA. But opponents like to take the position that if copyright law isn't perfect, then there should be no copyright at all.

There really shouldn't be any copyright law at all. Or at least, nothing other than restrictions regarding commercial use. "Copyright" is an artificial entity creating value by restricting thought, nothing more. (Intellectual property is nothing more than data, information, and ultimately thought.) By trying to tell people what they can copy or not, view or not, and if they could manage it, think about or not, they're ultimately attempting to control how we think.
Companies need to realize this anachronistic business model of artificially limiting a free resource to increase value is never going to work in the digital age. They are fighting a losing battle. What they need to do is provide tangible value, something that doesn't need artificial legal restrictions to back up its demand. This is inevitable - they will adapt or die out. "Piracy" is growing, not shrinking. People are learning that information is as free as the bandwidth it takes to acquire it. The cat is out of the bag, and no amount of government wrangling is ever getting it back in.

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
If new laws are needed to combat overseas piracy, then make them targeted and with checks in place to prevent abuse. SOPA and PIPA are vague and have little to no checks. They might be intended to only combat an overseas pirate, but as they are written they could be used to take down legitimate sites based on a mere claim of infringement.

Even if you trust that the current government wouldn't allow these abuses (and, with a username like "ThrowDemsOut", I'm guessing you don't), can you guarantee that the next government won't? What about the one after that?

SOPA and PIPA are way too vague and way too ripe for abuse. We need to toss them out and start from scratch. (Or use the OPEN bill that was formed as an alternative to SOPA/PIPA.)

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH to pnh102

Premium Member

to pnh102
You & Coldmoon pretty much sum it up.

Use the tools you have now in an effective & responsible way, then we MIGHT consider giving you more.

Make it so that legitimate purchasers can use their content as they see fit.

Making the parallel to gun control is a good argument. The government doesn't enforce the laws that are on the books, but they want to make it harder for legitimate folks to exercise their rights...
WernerSchutz
join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX

1 edit

WernerSchutz to FFH5

to FFH5
Kamus
join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

Kamus to FFH5

to FFH5
*Yawn*

OK, so i'm an "anarchist" because i don't want anyone a third party in my 2 way conversation?

You're not good enough to censor me, the government isn't good enough, the MPAA and RIAA sure as hell aren't.
NOBODY IS.

I GET TO DECIDE WHAT WEBSITES I CAN VISIT.

Is that concept too hard for you to understand?
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

said by Kamus:

I GET TO DECIDE WHAT WEBSITES I CAN VISIT.

Is that concept too hard for you to understand?

Only difficult to understand what your post has to do with the topic of SOPA. You really need to keep up with what SOPA is. What you mentioned has already been removed.
flbas1
join:2010-02-03
Fort Lauderdale, FL

flbas1 to FFH5

to FFH5
you're drinking too much koolade

YouTube has nothing to worry about. Google made peace with the content providers awhile ago

And SOPA/PIPA, despite the slippery slope arguments by opponents, is NOT designed to block US sites. It is squarely aimed at foreign sites and governments that tolerate/encourage the stealing of US content.

Watch the video on the MPAA website (careful if you have capped internet service - just the homepage is 41MB). creativeamerica.org, then "Be Informed", and then "Follow the Money" video. It directly talks about how Google AdSense is stealing revenue from the MPAA by funding pirates.

And - how about Google.CA, google.CN, and Google.KR. What happens when my google.com filters, and I use those sites. We are going to only fine the canadians, chinese, or whoever?

no sir - MPAA is gunning for Google here.

But - I did see this blog: »www.dailykos.com/story/2 ··· ail=hide

She is a content producer, and had your opinion, until she stopped with her koolade.
tcope
Premium Member
Sandy, UT

tcope to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Truth is, it _can_ block US sites and you have nothing to back up your statement that it's not "designed" this way (as it clearly is). If it won't be used this way why would not contain this exclusion.

But then again, why not simply leave this all up to the gov't? It's not like they will abuse the power. When you have the RIAA and MPAA pumping millions into your pockets the power _will_ be abused.
Expand your moderator at work

Alex J
@apexcovantage.com

Alex J to FFH5

Anon

to FFH5

Anybody think Google wasn't just looking out for themselves here?

You mean in addition to the 74,900 other websites that participated and the near uniform opposition to these laws by everyone ranging from lawyers to network administrators? Google outlined their opposition in pretty clear detail, and why, in a blog posttestimony in front of government, and it had to do with worries about legitimate sites being taken offline with no real power to combat claims. Or have you not been actually paying attention to debate over the bills you're blindly supporting?

I think the real lesson learned is that Congress can't piss off Google.

I think the real lesson learned is that some people can't see the forest through the Google vilification trees.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to FFH5

to FFH5
Hate the game, not the player.
gorehound
join:2009-06-19
Portland, ME

gorehound to FFH5

to FFH5
I have created a group on Facebook called Boycott Big Content.I intend to only buy Indie Stuff and I will not be letting my wallet near Hollywood.They can kiss my dog's butt.And as far as the SOPA/PIPA Crew in Washington goes I have a saved list of the original crew of Reps and Senators who had signed on.I have no intention to forget all of their names.
Frakkin Arses is what these Rats are.These kind of Bills will just come up by year's end I bet.

rit56
join:2000-12-01
New York, NY

2 recommendations

rit56

The Lesson

No the real lesson here is people are not as stupid as politicians think. This goes hand in hand with the AT&T decision. As much as you might not like it, it appears as if people are finally fed up with all the bullshit and are taking action. I for one am tired of the screwing from politicians and corporations. I don't care who they are and which side of the aisle they sit. For what it's worth for all the right wing corporatists that constantly overload this site with their pro corporate views all but one defection on this bill yesterday was from pro corporate Republican Senators.To site Google as looking after their own self interest is disingenuous. Any interest from Google, Wikipedia, Reddit, whoever is because We The People got pissed off and took action.

••••

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Thanks

For the coverage and updates, Karl. It's very much appreciated. Hopefully the impact will be enough.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

Re: Thanks

would have been nice to have had more updates. barely saw any coverage.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

I apologise ...

As a Marylander and as a Democrat, I can only apologize for the continued support and co-sponsorship of SOPA/PIPA by my elected Senator Benjamin Cardin. Apparently he just doesn't get it ... and continues to support the censorship of the Internet, to the detriment of the rest of us, the people he was elected to serve. I can assure you this is one Marylander who will NOT be voting him back in office the next election.

Today ... I am ashamed to be a Democrat.

•••••••••••••••
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned)

Teaching respect for ip

I have been thinking about it for some years and have come to one conclusion.

Teachers are the worst ip offenders there are, and it's legal.
They have no respect for ip, cause they can get it free.

This carrys on to children who learn by mimic and they become pirates.

Spend the money where it will do the most good, at our schools.

••••••••••••••••••
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

United States Gross National Product 2010

Can anyone reading this newsletter provide the Gross National Product for the US in dollars for 2010. The total revenue generated by the Movie Industry in 2010 and the Music Industry in 2010, in dollars. Then we can calculate what these two industries contributed to the Gross National Product. If the percentage is small then one must ask why lawmakers are attempting to pass laws for special interest groups that do not contribute significant revenue to the GNP. Maybe it has to do with campaign contributions to lawmakers.

••••••••

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

1 edit

Dominokat

Premium Member

New TV ads

If anyone is watching CNN or Fox News, boy has the supporters of SOPA / PIPA started hammering the air with new ads telling us to tell congress to support SOPA/PIPA
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

3 recommendations

Rekrul

More, more, more...

Don't any of the SOPA supporters (here, not in the entertainment industry or DC) find it disturbing that no matter how many 'rights' copyright holders are given, it's NEVER enough?

Copyright was originally supposed to last 14 years, renewable for another 14 years. 28 years total was the entire length of copyright. And that covered publication only.

The entertainment industry has gone back to the government over a dozen times begging that copyright be extended. We now have things like performance rights, broadcast rights, streaming rights, etc., and copyright holders are allowed to impose all sorts of limitations on what can be done with their products. Copyright today is such a mess that probably half of the movie studios' catalogs of movies can't be released on DVD because nobody knows how to work out all the rights to them. Hundreds, maybe thousands of old films sit in vaults rotting away because of copyrights.

The supreme court just ruled yesterday that corporations can take works out of the public domain and put them back under copyright! So not only do the corporations refuse to contribute anything to the public domain (which is where all copyrighted works are supposed to end up after a limited time), they now get to take public domain works and re-claim them, making criminals out of everyone who had been legally using those works.

Yet, despite having all these rights which go far, far beyond what the original creators of copyright ever intended, it's not enough.

So what will be enough? When copyright lasts forever? When the public domain no longer exists? When fair use has been outlawed? When copyright infringers are executed for the first offense?

Honestly, how much is enough?

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164

The threats keeps coming

We now see where the real power is. After the WH said they wouldn't support it Hollywood shot back big time. I may want the current occupant of the WH out. What we have here is Blackmail pure and simple. I know this won't happen but would be nice if the Justice Dept (I know what justice) would do a full rectal exam of the whole entertainment industry. A man can dream can't he.

»www.deadline.com/2012/01 ··· y-stand/

•••••

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

Not over either.

These acts will return again.
calathea
join:2001-12-29
Scio, OR

1 recommendation

calathea

To be nitpicky,

It's "backpedal", like pedaling backwards on a tricycle to go backward, not "backpeddle"

anon6
@comcast.net

anon6

Anon

Well...

They just took down megaupload.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

No Surprise

It's just the markets talking.

nonamesleft
join:2011-11-07
Manitowoc, WI

nonamesleft

Wish we could of had this kinda protest..

for that nasty NDAA bill! But I guess if they censor the internet like china, then we lose anyway.