spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-02-01 19:28:41: • The End Of The Global Internet? Google's Blogger Starts Using Country-Specific Domains To Permit Local Censorship [techdirt. ..

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

IPv6 to cost lots of $

Just fire the lobbyists for a couple of weeks.Voila its paid for

battleop

join:2005-09-28

Not everyone has lobbyists on the payroll. This is going to be expensive for every sized network provider. I know I am not looking forward to the upcoming headache.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast

said by battleop:

Not everyone has lobbyists on the payroll. This is going to be expensive for every sized network provider. I know I am not looking forward to the upcoming headache.

I'd gladly take your job.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA
Reviews:
·RCN CABLE
·Comcast

France finds Google Maps guilty of unfair competition

Justin Timberlake says it best.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0

anon6

@comcast.net

white house declines mpaa bribery petition

something smells fishy.

battleop

1 recommendation

reply to ArrayList

Re: IPv6 to cost lots of $

The headache won't be from the transition, it will be from the end users. It's already hard enough to talk someone through an IPv4 address an IPv6 is going to be a night mare.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA

This is true, but it is no different than what is going on already.

battleop

You must not deal with end users very often. The average user and many "admins" barely understand IPv4 today. IPv6 will be even worse.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA

How can they be an administrator if they don't know how it works?

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Viacom CEO says 'mob mentality' hurt

Get a clue Viacom! That "mob mentality" you speak of is people who actually believe in freedom.

battleop

reply to ArrayList

Re: IPv6 to cost lots of $

There are a lot of paper MCSE and CCNAs out there that don't have any clue about how this stuff works. At least once a month I get one that does not understand why you can't ping 192.168.1.1 across the internet.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Brighton, MA

There should be some way that you can get certifications revoked from people like that.

battleop

I'll take someone with experience over someone with a College Degree or Certification any day. If I had two prospective hires who I could make a decision on I would fall back on Certs as a tie breaker and then I would fall back on college and then a coin flip.