dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-02-06 13:04:01: After eliminating their unlimited data option in 2010, AT&T grandfathered those users -- though most knew the fun wouldn't last. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan to ptrowski

to ptrowski

Re: Just got my first message from them.

Great!

So who else here is with ptrowski?

scavio
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
Melmac

1 recommendation

scavio to Oh_No

Premium Member

to Oh_No

Re: Not transparent, but necessary

I showed perfect examples to back up my point. You just keep spewing the same misinformation over and over again. If profits had nothing to do with stock price, then the leader's of these companies wouldn't care about it. They would just hand out dividends for the heck of it since their job is to provide shareholder value. If you want to say past profitability doesn't have anything to do with stock price, you would be correct. Current and future profitability have a TON to do with stock price.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

2 edits

Oh_No

Leaders of companies are set on raising stock price. Profitablity has no gaurantee of doing that since it is not linked ot stock price. Stock price can easily go down even when profits go up.

They play games of press releases, buy backs, issuing new stock, dividends, buying companies, selling divisions, investing in new equipment. Those are things they do to trying and get people to make decisions.
In reality the only thing they can do to directly affect their price is issuing stock or buying it back. Anything else is just wishful thinking or playing the gambling game.
Please stop with your misinformation.
Oh_No

Oh_No to scavio

to scavio
said by scavio:

Current and future profitability have a TON to do with stock price.

No way, that is just 100% wrong.
Stock price is set by buying and selling on the market.

dezell
@wayport.net

dezell

Anon

To Those of You Who Defend Big Business

I don't understand you. These companies, AT&T included, don't care about you AT ALL. Why Americans believe they do is a remnant of an earlier age--wake up!

Unlimited, per the dictionary, means "not limited; unrestricted; unconfined." Capping my use and slowing me to lower than 1G is not unlimited. It's limited and false advertising.

Anyone up for a class action suit?

scavio
Premium Member
join:2001-07-14
Melmac

1 recommendation

scavio to Oh_No

Premium Member

to Oh_No

Re: Not transparent, but necessary

I don't know why you dredged this up from so long ago. I started to type a long winded post but decided it's not worth it.

I'm done arguing about this. Technically, a stock is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you think that how much a company makes and is expected to make in the future (per share of course) has nothing to do with how much people think it's worth, then I feel sorry for you.

I'm not going to go through the ins and outs of it all. I'll leave you with this headline: Netflix Jumps On Earnings, Guidance Beat »www.thestreet.com/story/ ··· eat.html . Earnings were released, profits and future guidance on profits beat expectations, and the stock went up 10%. I'm done.

Oh_No
Trogglus normalus
join:2011-05-21
Chicago, IL

Oh_No

said by scavio:

I don't know why you dredged this up from so long ago.

HUH? you are the one that dredge it up from so long ago and I dont know why.
You can read the dates on the posts.
You and I posted on 2/8 and then you posted on 2/27.
I guess you just made fun of yourself?
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4