dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-02-21 12:38:55: With the 4G term now abused to include everything from carrier pigeon to cans and string, it's not too surprising to see AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile all now simultaneously claiming they offer the nation's "largest 4G network. ..

prev · 1 · 2
FloridaBoy
join:2009-06-22
Bradenton, FL

FloridaBoy to antdude

to antdude

Re: Mo' Money

Not that there is anything wrong with people that do I just wonder how many people who complain about the pricing of data and how slow their connection is really NEED it.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to koolman2

Premium Member

to koolman2

Re: more so

Fair enough. I don't agree with the way they are marking it, I think 3.5G or 3.9G or enhanced 3G or turbo 3G would be a much better marketing term.

WiMAX should be 4G even though it's slow, but the real 4G is LTE.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Technically the current Lte used now was not originally considered 4g either so your point fails. It was approved as 4g with HSPA+.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Yes, I know, but it a whole new architecture, so it should be given a new "G". HSPA+ is just an evolution of UMTS.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

What would they use? They can't use 3.5G considering it was used for devices with speeds of 3-7.2Mb/s.
»www.phonegg.com/HP/iPAQ- ··· 10c.html
»www.gsmarena.com/hp_ipaq ··· 2095.php
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

3.9G, 3.75G, Turbo 3G, Super 3G, Enhanced 3G, Boosted 3G, 3G Plus, I could keep going on and on...

Or just keep advertising that AT&T's 3G is much faster than the others' 3G. Would make them look better than having crappy 4G. It's sad how AT&T's HSPA+ network gets bashed because it's awful for 4G, but if you look at it correctly, as the 3G that it is, it's really a great network (in most places).

NickD
Premium Member
join:2000-11-17
Princeton Junction, NJ

NickD to FloridaBoy

Premium Member

to FloridaBoy

Re: Mo' Money

As a day trader I can't imagine how it was like before I got a smartphone. I like being able to make trades immediately.
FloridaBoy
join:2009-06-22
Bradenton, FL

FloridaBoy

NickD, I didn't mean to imply that noone had a use. I just think that many on this board who complain don't need it like they think they do.
prev · 1 · 2