dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-02-23 06:59:32: • Obama Unveils Consumer Privacy Bill Of Rights [cnet.com] • A Million U.K. Homes will need to have filters installed to prevent TV interference from 4G mobile signals at a cost of £108m ($169m) [bbc.co. ..

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

1 recommendation

n2jtx

T-Mobile Link Missing

There is no link for the T-Mobile article. However, I found it (or similar one) at »allthingsd.com/20120222/ ··· in-2013/

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

said by n2jtx:

There is no link for the T-Mobile article. However, I found it (or similar one) at »allthingsd.com/20120222/ ··· in-2013/

Looks like AT&T still got a benefit from their TMO merger attempt. Even though they lost their bid, they seriously injured a competitor and made them more irrelevant than they already were.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

Users will cough up cash for superior mobile broadband

Well sure they will cough up the cash, though for a lot of them, it won't be by choice. Just like any user who wants more than a dial-only dumb phone is now forced to buy a data plan, soon the carriers will force everyone into faster data plans.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

Re: T-Mobile Link Missing

I continue stating this, but AT&T was going to win regardless of the success of the acquisition. Some people continue to wrongly insist that AT&T "failed".
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

A Million U.K. Homes will need to have filters installed!

A Million U.K. Homes will need to have filters installed to prevent TV interference from 4G mobile signals at a cost of £108m ($169m).

If this situation occurred in the US the situation would be different. Before homeowners would receive any aid to remedy the problem they would have to supply their financial history for 5 Generations and if the homeowner had more than $2,000.00 in the bank they would be told TOUGH S*#T.

Access to local channels were lost at the summer home my family sold years ago, with the advent of DTV. There was no cable service and before DBS became available in 1990, they could only receive VHF Stations 2 to 13 from New York City. They could not receive any of the UHF stations. The new homeowner got screwed with no compensation to offset the cost of subscribing to DBS. Once the stations were assigned UHF frequencies the new residents lost their access to local channels and had to subscribe to pay tv.

DaveRickmers
join:2011-07-19
Canyon Country, CA

DaveRickmers

Next Generation Hotspots wiser than sacrificing Free TV

Seamlessly handing off to a 2nd generation hotspot will free way more capacity for multimedia apps than grabbing what's left of the Over The Air TV band. Handing off "voice" to wifi is a bonus.

The Smartphones at my house switch to wifi for data, but must see a tower to make a voice call.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9 to Mr Matt

Premium Member

to Mr Matt

Re: A Million U.K. Homes will need to have filters installed!

said by Mr Matt:

The new homeowner got screwed with no compensation to offset the cost of subscribing to DBS.

And they should've been compensated based on what reason? The entitlement mindset will drag this country down faster than anything.

DaveRickmers
join:2011-07-19
Canyon Country, CA

DaveRickmers

Some people actually believe that corporations should clean up after themselves; the horror.

The FCC has always made the nubie make the incumbent whole as far as practicably possible. This includes TV viewers.

"entitlement mindset" comes in many manifestations. Glass houses spring to mind. Out.
openbox9
Premium Member

openbox9

Premium Member

said by DaveRickmers:

Some people actually believe that corporations should clean up after themselves; the horror.

Not knowing the details of Mr Matt See Profile's situation, what needs to be cleaned up by a corporation and which corporation are you referring to?
said by DaveRickmers:

"entitlement mindset" comes in many manifestations. Glass houses spring to mind. Out.

I don't live in a glass house, unless you care to enlighten me as to what you're referring to?