dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-02-29 07:03:28: • Broadband stimulus scandals: Missteps in the buildout, and what's at stake [fiercetelecom.com] • Metro-PCS warns new promotion could raise subscriber prices [totaltele. ..

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

MetroPCS warns new promotion will raise subscriber costs

The headline "MetroPCS warns new promotion will raise subscriber costs" is a little misleading. That's not rising the cost that subscribers pay (at least directly through plan costs). That's the cost to acquire (or retain) a subscriber since they are giving out a $30 rebate.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

Apple snags multipoint touchscreen patent - can sue the beje

»www.theregister.co.uk/20 ··· _patent/

I dont understand how a company that did not invent these things is getting these patents.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

And the only winners here are the lawyers once Apple goes to court.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by pende_tim:

And the only winners here are the lawyers once Apple goes to court.

Unless Apple's lawyers win, then Apple can charge license fees to the losers.

Or, more in line with Apple-think, require the losers to stop using multipoint touchscreen so Apple gets the exclusive.

Bigger is no longer better, it just means more lawyers.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
Which means Moto-Google can be justified in demanding license fees for every iDevice in existence. Apple reaps what it sows. Let them all sue the F* out of each other.

MemberMembro
@sbcglobal.net

MemberMembro

Anon

Re: WiFi from LED lights?

VLC believes the tech will be an alternative to conventional wi-fi, and could solve the problem of what to do when we run out of radio spectrum.
*sniff* *sniff* I smell bull droppings from here. This is nothing more than an investment scam.
slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr

Premium Member

said by MemberMembro :

VLC believes the tech will be an alternative to conventional wi-fi, and could solve the problem of what to do when we run out of radio spectrum.
*sniff* *sniff* I smell bull droppings from here. This is nothing more than an investment scam.

Ive heard talk of using leds to transmit data before though, maybe on this site.

Thrudd
join:2004-06-21
Mississauga, ON

Thrudd to MemberMembro

to MemberMembro
I remember doing something similar in college a few years back. The only thing "NEW" is using a cellphone to read the optical sugnal. What had me laughing was the bit about being faster than the eye can perceive - a television flickers faster than the eye can perceive and that's all of 60 Hertz 50 to thoise on the other side of the pond.

This article being in a business poblication shows it for the snake oil that it is. Sucker every minute etc etc.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984

Re: Apple snags multipoint touchscreen patent - can sue the beje

OMG, it's not just that patent either, they've been given broad patents on all kinds of existing software and uses currently in service!

Wow. Well, let's hope the massive abuse of the patent system will lead to the end of the current patent system.
KrK

KrK to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
They just patented features in use by practically every touchscreen device on the planet. It's not just the multitouch either--- things like changing contents on the UI as movements are done--- for example rotating your device into portrait mode...

Hell they even patented changing the look of an object when it is selected. WOW. These patents make practically everything in violation of their patents. You could even make the case Windows violates many of these patents.

Wow, just wow. EPIC FAIL USPTO. It's like a bad joke on everyone on the planet but Apple.

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium Member
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX

r81984

Premium Member

It looks like Apple is becoming less technology and more patent troll.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

And the Apple Fanbois will come out in droves talking about how everyone "steals" Apple's technology and "violates" their patents....

.... when the real thief is Apple, Inc.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi to r81984

Premium Member

to r81984
Over a year ago I said that Apple was the new SCO. They're proving me correct.