dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-03-12 19:30:57: • Dish closes two purchases key to broadband plans [khon2.com] • Will 4G LTE devices ever roam internationally? [cnet. ..

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

iPhone User Sues Apple over Voice-Activated Assistant

Really?
What the fuck.

I am going to sue my local news channel. They said it was going to rain but it didn't.

Idiots.
Dominokat

Dominokat

Premium Member

Double post. Ooops. Sorry!
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
I bet the person has an accent that make it hard for even a human to understand them.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina

iPad vs. PS3/XBox?

iPad vs. PS3/XBox

Really? Does it have enough power in even the latest release? Neither the PS3 or XB are sitting still. I believe both will be out next year with new, more capable versions.

I agree that an iPad hooked to the TV with a controller might be a platform that allows for similar game play but is the graphics processing power there to rival either of those platforms current capabilities?

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

Walmart To Charge $2-4 Per DVD To Convert Movies To UV Cloud

Eh.. I'm not that interested in UltraViolet anyway.

What about a disc that's scratched to sh*t and barely plays?
SimbaSeven

SimbaSeven

Laptop Wi-Fi does nuke sperm, but caveats abound

Wow.. Do these people also know that it takes just one?

I'd be more interested on how much radiation I'm absorbing thanks to radioactive meltdown of a few power plants (erm.. Chenobyl, Fukushima, etc). Not that I'm against Nuclear Energy if it's done correctly with the latest technology and not the half century-old crap we're currently using.
SimbaSeven

1 edit

SimbaSeven

iPhone user sues Apple over Siri's lack of understanding

An Apple product that doesn't advertise true usage and experience? What a shocker.

Wait.. It's not a bug.. It's a feature.

redxii
Mod
join:2001-02-26
Michigan

redxii to SimbaSeven

Mod

to SimbaSeven

Re: Walmart To Charge $2-4 Per DVD To Convert Movies To UV Cloud

"buy once, play anywhere" ... until they take their DRM authentication servers down, then lose all access? I'm smarter than that.

I can do that for free and it'll be without DRM, region lock, FBI warnings, or other restrictions.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to Dominokat

to Dominokat

Re: iPhone User Sues Apple over Voice-Activated Assistant

I think the Siri commercials do over play what the dumb bitch can do. That being said, I agree. WTF?
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

International LTE

Just like everything else, they will eventually make chipsets that can handle 27 different bands. The antennas only have a few frequency ranges to cover, the rest is bands within those.

The big issue is whether the carriers will make international roaming reasonably priced. Right now, it is not at all.
BiggA

BiggA

Premium Member

They can also just use the current 850/1900 and 900/1800/2100 frequencies which are going to deployed with something in the future, whether it is HSPA+ or LTE. Those are pretty standardized...
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven

Re: Walmart To Charge $2-4 Per DVD To Convert Movies To UV Cloud

said by SimbaSeven:

Eh.. I'm not that interested in UltraViolet anyway.

What about a disc that's scratched to sh*t and barely plays?

The article has a lot of misinformation. Such as only being able to play the digital content if your connected to the internet or the whole "multiple accounts" thing.

The OP also claims that the studios are basically price gouging because their cost to have cloud storage are much less than $2. Maybe true but Wal-Mart is going to their cut too. Otherwise what is Wal-Mart's motivation for doing so?

If your DVD is scratched that's on you. Take better care of your stuff

88615298 (banned) to redxii

to redxii
said by redxii:

"buy once, play anywhere" ... until they take their DRM authentication servers down, then lose all access? I'm smarter than that.

I can do that for free and it'll be without DRM, region lock, FBI warnings, or other restrictions.

A) technically illegal

B) Not everyone is technically savvy enough to do that.

C) not everyone wants to take the time and effort to do that.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

2 edits

fiberguy2 to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop

Re: iPhone User Sues Apple over Voice-Activated Assistant

.. really? doubt it. I've done everything that they say and do on the commercial, all the way down to "call me rock god" .. "from now on I will call you Rock God", because she does. So far she's done just about everything they've demonstrated on TV.

But still.. yea.. dumb law suit. If the phone doesn't work or someone doesn't like it then, take it back. Perhaps maybe the dumb ass should have picked up the working model and played with it at the store first.. that's why they are there.

Just read the law suit and so far the things that are being claimed Siri can do, are working just as they said apple claimed.. so far works fine for me.

I wonder if the guy suing sounds like Sylvester Stalone or something. Or, more so, the scumbag attorney is just trying to 'show apple a thing or two..." the complaint is completely stupid. If this thing actually has it's day, I for one will opt out..