spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-04-04 12:39:52: Despite cable executive insistence that "cord cutters" are akin to unicorn and yeti, a series of new reports by the Convergence Consulting Group notes that 2. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I will have to get a basic cable/satellite TV service. :(

Since my upcoming new home can't get OTA due to a giant hill/small mountain blocking the transmitters even with a strong roof-top antenna. Bah! It was nice to be using OTA most in my life.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Convergence is IN!

Yes Sir, All cords cut Sir.
We now use a combination of OTA & XBMC via HTPC for ALL of our viewing needs. We watch what we want when we want the way we want with or without comercials. With full on DVR capabilities, access to streaming content world wide, and tonnes of plugins and add-ons!

There is NO need for a cable tv or pay per view model. Your only real requirement is unlimited bandwidth at reasonable prices. And of course a powerful laptop/pc hooked into your 1080p HDTV "SmartTV" unit, preferably with DLNA as well as either or both wifi and ethernet. Plus your storage medium of choice. These media center solutions are available for nearly every OS out there, google is your friend.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.

Motorola SB6120-1.0.6.1, Netgear RangeMax WNDR3700v1, Dupont POI, eXtreme Cable Pr0 28/1:4/4 Unlimited.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

I'd cut in a minute if............

I'd cut the cord in a minute, or less, if it wasn't for the wife!!

In fact,
Probably wouldn't even own a tv if it wasn't for the wife!! TV has gotten to one worthless commodity anymore, except for Nascar!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

nerdburg
Premium
join:2009-08-20
Schuylkill Haven, PA
kudos:1

Re: I'd cut in a minute if............

Cord cut 2 years ago and counting. I'll never go back to watching all those stupid commercials or paying gobs of money for a lame cable co DVR. I found watching UFC with my friends at the bar is better then PPV anyhow. I imagine NASCAR would be better that way too.
dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

Re: I'd cut in a minute if............

"cutting the cord" is a bad term

i still get my internet via cable
Ripperjack

join:2012-01-12
Fredericksburg, TX
Reviews:
·Charter

I want the cord, but can't get it.

I find it ironic that so many are cutting the cord, and I want it so bad, but can't get it. After suffering with crappy 3G wireless to my computer with my MiFi device, I would kill for a TWC Internet to my rural location.

As a result, I find TWC commercials especially infuriating!
tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

Re: I want the cord, but can't get it.

Can't get it?
MOVE on UP!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY
rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

12 percent behind on mortgages

12 percent of americans cant afford the mortgage. Yet a hell of a lot less than that drop cable. What is wrong with us.