spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-04-10 12:47:46: According to a new study by the NPD Group, the average cable bill will top $200 a month at current rates. While consumer income remains relatively flat, cable rates have been rising an average of 6 percent per year. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US

will cut the cord.... and burn it....

I already have to call into comcast every yr and threaten the retention dept. I currently pay $50 a month for the basic digital cable (120 channels) and the home phone with LD in the us and canada. They would NOT cave on lowering my internet back to the $19 promo price so I called there bluff and cut it off. I Just hotspot my phone for now ( since Im grandfathered into unlimited data) will probably go back on there internet next year (on the promo) and cut the phone and just use nettalk for my home line, thats right port the number over meaning paying Nettalk $30 a year vs. Comcast $25 a month. In other words I will have tv, internet and phone for the same $50 a month.

I wish Dish and Direct tv would loosen the noose on there equipment and allow and option for the do-it-yourself and free-to-air box user. It would be quite interesting if they offered a satellite card option add on for free to air boxes for a much lower rate say $5-7-10 a month per box ( ala card ) and thats it! no other feess ( exception of local government tax) the only down side would be The only programing available would be for the basic packages no hbo, showtime or PPV add ons etc. Lets say welcome package @$5, dish family @$7, top 120 @$10. so essentially I could have a 4 room system in my house If I do it my self and maintain my own equipment with Free-to-air boxes 2 boxes on top 120 and the kids 2 boxes on family package and Id only pay $34 a month.. unlike currently with dish you'd be forced to have the top 120 on all 4 @ 45 plus at least too standard boxes lease fees of $5 each and a dual receiver fee for another $5 making the total $60 a month plus taxes.

tshirt
Premium
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

Re: will cut the cord.... and burn it....

said by buddahbless:

I wish Dish and Direct tv would loosen the noose on there equipment and allow and option for the do-it-yourself and free-to-air box user. It would be quite interesting if they offered a satellite card option add on for free to air boxes for a much lower rate say $5-7-10 a month per box

yes, that's why they built and launched $1.5 billion satellites, so they can pass along programing below cost.
And Comcast isn't worried either.
You aren't a crusader in the cord cutter movement, You're just way too cheap to pay the real cost of service.
elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

They've been right so far

Everyone laughed a decade ago when Time Warner projected $150/month household revenues.

People will pay $200.
Gerard1234

join:2012-04-03

Re: They've been right so far

My bill is over 200 now