spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-05-18 14:27:33: We've been nudged by a reliable source with supporting evidence who tells us Verizon will be raising the speed of several of their FiOS broadband tiers very soon. ..

prev page · 1 · 2
curls310

join:2007-09-26
Hillsdale, NJ

Still seems unclear if existing customers will get new speed

Unless I'm not reading the article correctly, it seems this is only for new customers... as a enticement for having a higher price. I'm not sure why it is assumed existing customers will get the newer speeds.

houkouonchi

join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Awesome

And I really hope the 150 mbits tier gets upped =). I am that user with dual 150 megabits so it would be nice to go back to 1. Of course not big changes on the upload side so if it goes from 150/75 to 300/75 then I probably will keep my second line and have 600/150 =)
--
300/150 mbit Bonded Verizon FiOS connection FTW!
tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

death of symmetric tiers?

it seems like verizon is dealing a blow to symmetric tiers..

50/25 75/35 300/100? are the new norms which you WILL PAY MORE FOR...

still, if you've got a competitor which is charging less.. say 50/8 for $45 a month standalone... Verizon's not going to go out of their way to beat or match the price for 50/25.. just saying.. so the speed bumps do nothing to get new customers who can't afford to pay more over their previous offerings. I'll monitor pricing but nothing's really changed with these speed bumps, that is unless it spurs a company like cablevision to drop my $45 price down to $29.95

btw, once you go above 100mbits, you will probably need a new router & network card that handles gigabit, if you dont' already have that equipment... Verizon doesn't go out of their way to give you a router w/ gigabit ethernet ports, or upgrade your ONT unless your going to the above 100mbit plans which still cost a small fortune (car note payment) monthly..

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4

Bah!

How about deploying to other areas? I still can't get FIOS in my neighborhood even if FIOS is in the city. Blah!
MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY

New contract

I have to renew my contract and was planning to downgrade from 35/35 to 25/25 to save a few dollars. This information seals the deal, since I'll end up with much faster service, anyway.
tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

Re: New contract

said by MisterBill:

I have to renew my contract and was planning to downgrade from 35/35 to 25/25 to save a few dollars. This information seals the deal, since I'll end up with much faster service, anyway.

Nevertheless, as I recently posted ALL service levels are seeing rate increases. IMO, internet is all you really need. Get voip 3rd party (ooma, magicjack+, or someone else with a cellphone as backup).

BTW, the optimum BOOST 50/8 seems to be close to 59/8.2 as each company has tier fluff. Would be nice if cablevision boosts their (upload) speeds to compete Verizon's speed increases.
MisterBill
Verizon FiOS

join:2002-06-05
Yorktown Heights, NY

Re: New contract

But if I sign up for a 2 year contract I will not get hit with a rate increase. At least not for a while.

tmh

@comcastbusiness.net

Any love for those on a 15/5 tier?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Coov

@myvzw.com

verizon speeds

Just when the heck is verizon going to put fios in my neighborhood. Right now the best I can get out of their DSL is 2.7 MB down and about 700 kbps up.

squinn

@verizon.net

Fios and Voice2Go

My ? is will we let the cable company show Verizon Fios what is better with this new wifi service. We Nynex Bell Atlantic and know Verizon are the leader in voice service to the world and know Comcast has this new service. Will that say this company is going to the back burner to service our customer.