spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-05-31 08:38:13: AT&T's attempted takeover of T-Mobile obviously didn't go so well after the company was undeniably caught lying (repeatedly) about the deal's supposed benefits. ..

Telco

join:2008-12-19
reply to Skippy25

Re: Surely the lobbyist money is much more than 30k

Career Politicians are definitely the problem.

We also need a separation of corporation and state.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
quote:
We also need a separation of corporation and state

I seconded it.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Squire James
said by Squire James :

Like they got any weaker under 4 years of Obama... remember the Dems had control of both houses of Congress (filibuster-proof even) and the Presidency for 2 years and they did nothing to shut them down! The Republicans had the same 2 years back in 2000 (but not the filibuster-proof Senate, so the Dems could STILL have stopped it), and they started those rules in the first place.

Plenty of guilt to spread around here... both sides wants the money!

The 2 lines that are especially dead on are thses:
"remember the Dems had control of both houses of Congress (filibuster-proof even) and the Presidency for 2 years and they did nothing" and "Plenty of guilt to spread around here... both sides wants the money"

I can't really remember the last time they did anything anyway!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to Telco
Career Politicians are only allowed to have that as a career because the general voting population is too stupid to change that.

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5
reply to wheelbarrow

Re: Insignificant

said by wheelbarrow:

I pledge Allegiance to the corporations of the United States of America and to the Death Star for which it stands, one nation under AT&T, indivisible, with dial-up speeds and bandwidth caps for all.

Priceless.........