spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-06-21 08:58:55: Last month India joined a growing number of countries that have forced their ISPs to ban customer access to BitTorrent websites entirely, an effort that's not really doing much to stop users from accessing copyrighted files, since the filters are rid.. ..

qworster

join:2001-11-25
Bryn Mawr, PA

Clueless!

When will these governments buy a clue? You can NOT legislate morality!!

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by qworster:

Sure you can and all laws are nothing but legislating morality. That is the whole purpose of a law. You just don't like a law that says stealing is bad.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

Censoring is dumb

It was wise of them to unblock torrent sites. Telling people they cant do it and then putting up a wall only causes people to bypass the wall because now its a challenge. Its like putting up a firewall and telling hackers not to hack you because you have a firewall now. They will do it just to prove you wrong.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

said by Kearnstd:Its like putting up a firewall and telling hackers not to hack you because you have a firewall now. They will do it just to prove you wrong.

No. Mostly they will move on to easier targets.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast Business..

sigh

It's sad how much power the content owners have yet they cannot even release a proper delivery medium in which people are willing to pay versus steal it. Yes there are those who always steal but so far it's been easier to download and search for content using piracy tools than it has been to get the right equipment just to watch the damn thing.

Clearly the content providers want more for what the product is really worth in the eyes of consumers but because they are unwilling to bargain the piracy will continue and so will the loss of it's actual customers towards better mediums even if those mediums are illegal.

XANAVirus
Premium
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV
Agreed!

pog4
Premium
join:2004-06-03
Kihei, HI

1 recommendation

reply to FFH5

Re: Clueless!

said by FFH5:

said by qworster:

Sure you can and all laws are nothing but legislating morality. That is the whole purpose of a law. You just don't like a law that says stealing is bad.

It's not a one way street, though. Laws are supposed to reflect society. The law fails when it contradicts the morality of enough people. Of course, how many is "enough"?
--
My Site

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48
said by pog4:

said by FFH5:

said by qworster:

It's not a one way street, though. Laws are supposed to reflect society. The law fails when it contradicts the morality of enough people. Of course, how many is "enough"?

Really, so then what is the meaning of freedom then? And why did Americans fight for a revolution to have it? I would agree with you for most countries, but America is falling into that, and needs to beat itself back out of it again...

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
reply to michieru

Re: sigh

+1 to that as well!

Matt

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to mmay149q

Re: Clueless!

said by mmay149q:

Really, so then what is the meaning of freedom then?

What it isn't is anarchy. But that is what many interpret as freedom - no rules or laws that conflict with what they want.

mmay149q
Premium
Dallas, TX
said by FFH5:

said by mmay149q:

Really, so then what is the meaning of freedom then?

What it isn't is anarchy. But that is what many interpret as freedom - no rules or laws that conflict with what they want.

Really, if you think so why don't you reanimate our founding fathers and ask them what they thought freedom was all about? Most people try and use the anarchist thing against me to make freedom out to be some kind of bad thing we can never do, however our founding fathers were promoting freedom as long as you weren't HURTING someone else, and most of all freedom from the tyranny we're currently enduring from our federal government... And actually if you look at the Constitution it outlaws freedom almost perfectly, there are rules and laws, but who puts the heads of this country in jail when they obviously abuse and ignore the laws of the land?

Matt
--
I am no longer an AT&T Employee. Check out my kudos! »/profile/1626573
Have U-verse questions? Please email uversecare@att.com and they will assist you!!