dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-07-26 07:47:34: A ranking of the fifteen least popular companies in the United States continues to be dominated by cable operators. ..

tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

high price, low quality...

although, can't complain much about my 50/8 internet (upstream, maybe?)
I still think they can do better, since Comcast is now 105/15 for about the same price..

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Not quite Monopolies, but ...

When you are pretty much the only choice a customer has, why worry about service? Where is the customer going to go when you fail to deliver?
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

said by NormanS:

When you are pretty much the only choice a customer has, why worry about service? Where is the customer going to go when you fail to deliver?

If they are your phone company.. you can complain to the state public utility commission. If you're talking about ISP, temporarily your SOL... until the FCC and/or state laws change to include Internet Access as a vital service.. then if they let the service wither on the vine, States can regulate MINIMUM QOS targets.. much like NY's done with DSL.. Verizon stung from that bitter pill DEMANDED that they never get subject to that in exchange for building FTTP. Since then, it's been a deregulation nightmare which will come full circle sooner or later...

West Virginia could learn a thing or two from NY's Public Utilities Commission...
cogaztest
join:2012-07-05
Glendale, AZ

cogaztest

Wonder if!

Wonder if, when cars were getting popular and mass marketed if they made you buy the horse drawn carriage too?

I think I know why they bundle stuff but just can seem to understand it! Centurylink has pretty decent internet in my neighborhood but you have to have phone service to get the reasonable cost savings.