dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-07-26 18:39:28: Sprint's second quarter earnings once again show mixed results as the company tries to revamp itself to remain competitive with AT&T and Verizon. The company posted a widening net loss of $1. ..

prev · 1 · 2

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm to duh

Premium Member

to duh

Re: Where's the feet?

said by duh :

that's because it is behind the pad and not on it.

I need glasses

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

said by exocet_cm:

said by duh :

that's because it is behind the pad and not on it.

I need glasses

I can see what you mean though. If it were supposed to be on the same pad, then I agree. But as someone else mentioned, it could be on a pad behind the little area of grass where you just cannot see the base.

Definitely an illusion depending on how you look at it.

blueemu
@frontiernet.net

blueemu

Anon

Sprint has big problems

With Sprint doing their "upgrades" and killing off of Nextel, they have been shutting down sites around here resulting in increasingly poor coverage. The Sprint replacements are no better in coverage. Rumor has it that nationwide corporate accounts may be looking elsewhere when contracts expire.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan

Re: Go Sprint Go!

Only reason I root for Sprint...is because I'm now on Boost Mobile, lol. $40/month for unlimited services is a pretty good price point.
Thaler

Thaler to DarnellP

Premium Member

to DarnellP

Re: There you go again, Karl...

They also repeatedly stated their Sprint "premium" services like the "new-every-year" phone offerings. Sprint, like every cell phone provider, is not beyond throwing customers under the bus should the finances call for it.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to puck0114

to puck0114

Re: Sprint - the 3G joke

Hard to say. Over use? Bandwidth issues? Too many apples in the basket? (no pun intended). But just spent 8 days west of Pioneer OH. 3 bars on the backup NET10 phone I bought (for the claim it covered 99% of the population) and zero to 1 on my Sprint Motorola Admiral. My 3 bars NET10 (on ATT I assume, GSM) was dropping calls left and right (so, IMO, AT&T, you suck), it would go from 3 to zero to no service, then back to 3, sometimes 4. Sprint phone maintained calls even at zero bars. Even tethered it to my laptop for some web surfing in camp. Wasn't real fast but acceptable. I use to get 3-4 bars at my house. Now it's 2 most of the time (same Motorola phone).

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan to openbox9

to openbox9

Re: Go Sprint Go!

I think that the iPhone is Sprint's savior.

WiMax was never going to go anywhere, and competitors (AT&T/Verizon) being able to offer an LTE iPhone and LTE iPad (which they currently do) would have left Sprint in the dust.

The fact that the next iPhone will be LTE has forced the idiot laggards (not Dan Hesse, who obviously gets it) at Sprint to realize that its network needed a complete overhaul and that devices drive customers.

Sprint would be in much worse shape without the iPhone, but they still need the iPad. It doesn't need to make money on the iPhone for the next three years. It just needs to buy time while the network vision pieces fall in place and there's a natural attrition from other carriers by people who are sick of price gouging and double dipping on data.

Sprint's going to be just fine.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

I'm not suggesting the iPhone won't help Sprint a little (even with its insane cost), but I don't believe it's the "must have" device that it was a couple of years ago.

Sprint is getting by. When it gets further along with its Vision plan and if it continues gaining subs, it'll be doing better. Sprint needs to grow subs and revenue or else it risks sliding backwards again.
FixManTx
Premium Member
join:2005-02-06
Saint Paul, MN

FixManTx

Premium Member

Crappy Sprint coverage

From my perspective there is a reason Sprint's prices are lower than the other major carriers: coverage. Or more accurately, lack thereof. I had Sprint from April 2001 till this past January when I lived in Houston and the Dallas area. There were certain parts of both cities where my Sprint phones (several different Sanyo and Samsung modesl and a Motorola) would lose service while the other brands were fine. In March of 2010 I moved to Irving near DFW International Airport and I was lucky to have 1 bar and I had tons of dropped calls, or no ring but a few minutes later I'd get a voicmail. My roommate and neighbors on Verizon and AT&T never had any trouble. Sprint finally sent me an Airave for free which solved all the trouble. We moved to Illinois in March of 2011 and it was the same problem: his Verizon phone and other family on AT&T had great service while mine was mostly useless except at home with the Airave. This past January I took my phone number and got on Verizon and I'm not looking back. I'll pay a little extra a month so I can make phone calls when I want to. You get what you pay for.
prev · 1 · 2