dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-08-03 08:36:20: Just like in the States there's a strong push afoot to require ISPs retain user activity logs for a year or two. ..

Lollard
@fluor.com

Lollard

Anon

Sod Off!

Does anyone have the backbone to tell government?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

Easily defeatable

These monitoring systems will be easily defeatable and I wish pols would just wake up and realize this.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

Once the door is opened and mass surveillance becomes normal the system can be tightened as technology allows with no further discussion. The UK is also interested in repressing certain rights, and will catch people as long as they consider exercising rights as natural; to get them to take evasive measures is actually still success, since it indicates that they have internalized their disenfranchisement. At best they will have a false sense of security and incriminate themselves further, since government can always focus its vast resources and crush them at will.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to ArrayList

Premium Member

to ArrayList
said by ArrayList:

These monitoring systems will be easily defeatable and I wish pols would just wake up and realize this.

And those bypassing the system in some way will stand out like a red flag. Then the govt will turn their other tools on those people.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

how do you figure? Unless they plan on banning any form encryption(NOT LIKELY), it is too easy to defeat these black boxes.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by ArrayList:

how do you figure? Unless they plan on banning any form encryption(NOT LIKELY), it is too easy to defeat these black boxes.

and you think the government couldnt just get the records from your end or the destination end? encryption is useless in the day and age that the NSA needs simply send a "national security" letter to the destination website, or pull the "terrorist" card on you and seize your computer for the encryption keys.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul

They're just following Orwell's manual...

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

Does anyone here really care?

After all it's been a few hundred years since England has told us what to do.
jeffreydean1
join:2010-05-31

jeffreydean1 to ArrayList

to ArrayList

Re: Easily defeatable

You mean reality? Since all those things have already happened and happen every day? Seriously, it's getting tiresome for people in denial to keep claiming that anyone that actually follows the news and knows what's going on is a conspiracy theorist.

Do you HONESTLY believe that the government doesn't do these things? Stop fooling yourself.

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList

Premium Member

no, I know they do these things. I think people that think they can't defeat it are the people fooling themselves. This who thing is theatrics. They won't catch anyone with their little boxes.
Kltpzyxm
join:2009-04-30
Rochester, NY

Kltpzyxm

The first thing I thought...

...when I read that headline:

The IT Crowd - This, Jen, is the internet
»www.youtube.com/embed/sD ··· 1HUmuuJo