dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-08-07 09:22:10: Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) proposed a new law last Friday dubbed the Cell Phone Right to Know Act, which would require clear labels highlighting the radiation risk of cell phones. According to the FCC, phones sold in the U.S. ..

Flibbetigibb
@lmco.com

Flibbetigibb

Anon

In the immortal words of Admiral James T. Kirk...

... Kucinich is as fruity as a nutcake.

NO to ESPN
@sbcglobal.net

NO to ESPN

Anon

GIS

As everyone knows stress is a major player in causing heart and mental diseases. Therefore I suggest that a major source of stress in our lives be regulated specifically Government Induced Stress (GIS). I propose that GIS be made a capital crime to minimize it's long term effects on the general population and minimize the health care costs associated with it.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

1 recommendation

skeechan

Premium Member

The Sun kills way more people

So why isn't this dumbass wanting a law to put a radiation warning on every exterior door?

F-ing government is beyond worthless. The few things they are supposed to do, they refuse to do and then get involved in a billion things they have no business doing.

dasbub
join:2012-08-07
Brockville, ON

dasbub

Next: Banana Right to Know Act

Did you know that bananas aren't clearly labelled to warn of their radiation risk?

This is clearly due to lobbying by Big Banana.

I suggest a tri-banana warning logo.

NOCTech75
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA

NOCTech75

Premium Member

Can we update an outdated Kucinich?

Maybe get the Cybermen to upgrade him.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc to dasbub

to dasbub

Re: Next: Banana Right to Know Act

Does that mean a banana phone is even more dangerous?

»208.116.9.205/10/content ··· hone.swf

(don't click the link if you don't want to have a silly song stuck in your head all day long)

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan

Re: The Sun kills way more people

Government isn't useless. Idiots like Kucinich are useless.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms

Premium Member

on the campaign trail

The guy is just looking for something to add to his re-election campaign boasting. "I protected you, the voters, from deadly radiation poisoning."
tgp1994
join:2010-10-06

tgp1994 to dasbub

to dasbub

Twice the radiation from a banana phone!
covfam
join:2012-03-05
Black River Falls, WI

covfam to milnoc

to milnoc
my instincts said dont do it! well i didnt listen to it and now i have RING RING RING BANNAPHONE! stuck in my head!

OJsDad
@alltel.com

OJsDad to vaxvms

Anon

to vaxvms

Re: on the campaign trail

actually, he lost his primary race, so I do not believe he is on the ballot for November

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

1 recommendation

El Quintron to covfam

Premium Member

to covfam

said by covfam:

my instincts said dont do it! well i didnt listen to it and now i have RING RING RING BANNAPHONE! stuck in my head!

Aaaaah! Just your typing "ring ring ring Bananaphone!" put in my my head.

I'll have answer all calls today from my cellular, bananular phone.

slckusr
Premium Member
join:2003-03-17
Greenville, SC

slckusr to OJsDad

Premium Member

to OJsDad

Re: on the campaign trail

said by OJsDad :

actually, he lost his primary race, so I do not believe he is on the ballot for November

He lost and he is not you are correct. Last I heard he was trying to find a seat in a different district.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

A redistricting gerrymander pushed him out, and he even looked in to running here (a long way from home) in our new district, but everyone but the liberal whackos saw it as carpetbagging, so his new "JOB" is to be a grassroots "outsider".

WiseOldBear
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Litchfield Park, AZ
Motorola MB8600
Synology RT2600ac

WiseOldBear

Premium Member

Politicians Need Warning Labels

All elected politicians should be required to wear a large sign announcing "I am a threat to your health and welfare!"
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to ArrayList

to ArrayList

Re: The Sun kills way more people

he is. But he's being paid by the cable cos who are using the claim of cell phones cause cancer to promote their digital phone options. Buckeye Cable recently stopped claiming that after they were shown evidence that its not true.
mworks
join:2006-06-13
Rose Hill, NC

mworks

Nothing wrong with a warning label

No problems with a warning label, in fact it should have one just because it is a transmitter and it is often held close to the body. It doesn't mean there is damage being done, but is it possible, yes , likely no. I work in electrical engineering and know all about the electronics involved and the facts are that while the amount of energy put out by cell phones is extremely low compared to other sources there are studies that show that extreme exposure to those levels can cause damage.

We are talking about way more than any person would do as the transmitters used in these test were run for 24 hours over a 7 day period, and if you use a phone that much you are probably brain dead already.

One thing people might be interested to learn is that regulations on the amount of signal allowed for cell phones is over double what the limit is for health standards for leakage from a microwave oven. Something held to your head isn't as dangerous as something you cook with on a counter ? Sounds backwards doesn't it.

The USA is behind on a lot of the safety warnings that other countries already have. Another example is lasers and LED, USA only warns on lasers but some of the newer LED are just as dangerous but have no warning about eye protection, the UK already has those warnings in place.
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr

I've seen some of the consequences of carrying a cell phone

in pants pockets. Two affected areas on the leg, lined up with parts of the Amps/GSM phone. The top of the cell phone antenna, and the base of the cell phone. Initially they appeared to be a mild form of RF burns.

Needless to say, I no longer carry a cell phone in anywhere near my skin.
My android normally resides in one of the outer pockets of my knapsack(while biking).
(It also receives a better GPS signal in that outer pocket.)
When I'm at home it sits next to Bluetooth gateway, that links it my land line phones.

Note: Mere Milli-volts can shift an equilibrium in organically catalyzed reaction.
Care to guess what category of catalyst dominates chemical reactions inside living cells??

CCNnorthcali
join:2004-03-07
San Francisco, CA

CCNnorthcali to mworks

to mworks

Re: Nothing wrong with a warning label

You have the first logical response in this thread. Thank you for bringing some sense to this discussion.
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Kucinich

Is rather harmless and entertaining...