dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-09-17 08:32:36: Despite some yawns from analysts over the iPhone 5's not-particularly-revolutionary upgrades, AT&T says the device has broken all of their previous sales records. ..

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

1 recommendation

aaronwt

Premium Member

Lining Up??

Really?? People are lining up to buy a phone with such a tiny screen(not even an HD resolution) and not as good as many of the android phones? It's one thing to get the iPhone but to actually stand in line to get it? No cellphone is worth standing in line to get it.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

Re: Lining Up??

How is it "not as good" as many of the Android phones? That is very subjective. I think it's better than any of the Android phones out there (now that it has LTE and a 4" screen) so I'm buying one. My last 4 phones have been Android based.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

inteller

now that it has LTE that can't do voice and data simultaneously on Verizon and Sprint? yes that is soooo desireable.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by inteller:

now that it has LTE that can't do voice and data simultaneously on Verizon and Sprint? yes that is soooo desireable.

But it can on AT&T, so blame Verizon and Sprint, not Apple.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
Tulsa, OK

inteller

uh no, blame apple, because Android LTE devices handle it just fine on Verizon.

aaronwt
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by inteller:

uh no, blame apple, because Android LTE devices handle it just fine on Verizon.

I read that about the iPhone5 and I was was surprised. Since my LTE phone on Verizon has no issue with simultaneous voice and data.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW to inteller

Anon

to inteller
Using two discrete chips or an extra antenna. My Bionic has no problems doing it, but battery life is horrid. The issue will be moot when VoLTE is deployed however.

And FYI, the AT&T iPhone drops back to 3G, so it can't do simultaneous voice and LTE either.

Regardless, the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S didn't have this ability and frankly, no one really cares. If this is the only nit there is to pick, the horse is dead.

From Anandtech (definitely worth a quick read):

"The reasons, as always, are somewhat technical but at a high level pretty simple. Suffice it to say that at a high level this is a design decision which makes the phone as small and light as it is (it really is light, almost alarmingly so) and enables it to support a wide number of LTE bands, rather than some major oversight like I've seen it portrayed."

»goo.gl/z1Udo

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
Tulsa, OK

inteller

it drops back to HSDPA+ which is not shabby and probably transparent to the user vs LTE that it won't matter. At least it drops back to SOMETHING.

LightS
Premium Member
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX

LightS to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
No. Blame Apple. It was their decision, not the carriers.

joel84
@comcast.net

joel84

Anon

wrong its the carriers, learn about tech....

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by joel84 :

wrong its the carriers, learn about tech....

So...when Verizon offers simultaneous-use LTE with their Android phones, but doesn't offer it on their iPhone 5...how exactly is the carrier's LTE at fault again?
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to AnonFTW

to AnonFTW
The networks supports it. I read Apple made a decision not to support it due to space/power constraints. I don't know if that's really true, that's just their excuse.

Regardless, this was Apple's intent so we shouldn't crab at the carriers.
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420 to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
Hell my iPhone 4S can do both at the same time on T-Mobile (not LTE, but T-Mobile's HSPA+ is faster than Verizon's LTE anyway.)

jmn1207
Premium Member
join:2000-07-19
Sterling, VA

jmn1207

Premium Member

said by WhyMe420:

Hell my iPhone 4S can do both at the same time on T-Mobile (not LTE, but T-Mobile's HSPA+ is faster than Verizon's LTE anyway.)

Verizon LTE offers better performance for most people.

»RootMetrics: Verizon Fastest, Most Consistent Wireless Data [21] comments
WhyMe420
Premium Member
join:2009-04-06

WhyMe420

Premium Member

That's fine and all but T-Mobile as it is almost maxes out my 4S's 14.4Mbps chip daily

(tethered speed)

(phone speed)

Plenty for me! Plus with unlimited data, no restrictions on tethering, a MUCH lower bill than when I was on AT&T, it's a no-brainer for me! I'll take my personal experience (both in data speed and wallet drain) over a chart someone else produced any day. My bud has Verizon and I still beat him more consistently even though he's on LTE.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to inteller

to inteller
Well it's like that for almost all of the CDMA phones and has been forever. No news here. Right now voice on those carriers runs on CDMA. The only phone that was simult. was the Thunderbolt which I had. You could watch the battery drain....Now Samsung, etc have it, but they need to create vendor specific phones...

Most people don't know that all voice runs on 2G/3G networks, until VoLTE works. In the meantime we will need to run with phones that have lots of equipment on them to run all of this stuff. Apple said screw you, I'm not adding another radio, you can surf on wifi or wait for VoLTE. Smart move, because the phone's battery will last longer, and that is why it is extremely thin and extremely profitable...

However this makes GSM versions juicy, and in the US though it means signing w/ the devil--AT&T. Some regional guys, but in the end, ouch.

And now you can see why Verizon doesn't charge for tether anymore
dudeman456
join:2005-04-29
New York, NY

dudeman456

A lot of phone on Verizon, and Sprint have been able to do both for like the past 2 years, without LTE.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
Tulsa, OK

inteller to elefante72

to elefante72
said by elefante72:

Apple said screw you,

That's largely my problem with Apple....they say screw you a little too often for my liking. I'm the customer with money to give you, don't put me off with crap like this or "you're holding it wrong" excuses.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

said by inteller:

said by elefante72:

Apple said screw you,

That's largely my problem with Apple....they say screw you a little too often for my liking. I'm the customer with money to give you, don't put me off with crap like this or "you're holding it wrong" excuses.

Apple has said "screw you" to chipsets that eat too much battery life since the first iPhone. The battery consumption issue was the reason the original iPhone was EDGE despite other phones having 3G at the time.

It's nothing new, nor is the lack of simultaneous voice/data to CDMA users in general. VoLTE will fix it eventually.

AtariBaby
join:2006-03-05
San Francisco, CA

AtariBaby to inteller

to inteller
said by inteller:

I'm pretty sure that was 3G and LTE eliminates that issue for all carriers.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

said by AtariBaby:

said by inteller:

I'm pretty sure that was 3G and LTE eliminates that issue for all carriers.

Nope.

»www.engadget.com/2012/09 ··· on-cdma/

aaronwt
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
said by AnonFTW :

How is it "not as good" as many of the Android phones? That is very subjective. I think it's better than any of the Android phones out there (now that it has LTE and a 4" screen) so I'm buying one. My last 4 phones have been Android based.

Of course it's subjective. I've used the iPhone a few times from my friends. I do not like it compared to the Android phones I've used. The Android phones were much better in most areas.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by aaronwt:

The Android phones were much better in most areas.

My experience is the exact opposite of yours. I find Android a broken mess of inconsistency coupled with phones that generally lack manufacturer support beyond the first year. I'm tired of waiting for Android to get it together. Google promised ICS would unify Android, now they are saying Jelly Bean will. Well, which is it? From what I've seen of Jelly Bean, Android still needs work on it's fit and finish. Even "Project Butter" hasn't ironed out all the flaws.

Perhaps I'll come back when they get their act together a little more, but I just want a phone that works reliably, in a consistent manner, and will be supported by the manufacturer for more than a single year. I like the concept of the Google Nexus series, but I'm not dropping $200 for a 2 year old phone that doesn't support LTE.

My Android phones have always been the odd man out in my home, as they never integrated with any of my Windows or Apple technology well at all. Now that almost all my personal storage has moved to the cloud, I want a more consistent experience between devices.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
Tulsa, OK

inteller

so get a Lumia 920...WP8 is unified.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by inteller:

so get a Lumia 920...WP8 is unified.

I've run Windows 8 on my PC and I think I'll be skipping it. I do like the concept of the Surface Pro tablet though.

The 920 looks like a great phone, but I'm going to hold off until the Win8/WP8 platform and ecosystem mature. I jumped in without regard when Android was released and paid the price. I'm sure that's part of the reason I'm done with them for now.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
Tulsa, OK

inteller

its fucking Windows. That's like saying you'll wait for flying cars because they aren't mature. The new UI has nothing to do with the fact that Windows 8 is windows. And Windows Phone has over 100k apps, or in other words more apps than you will ever use.

Bootes
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Bootes

Premium Member

I'm typing this on a Titan II running Windows Phone. The app selection is severely lacking. Not only are many missing, but the ones that exist usually just don't work as well as their iOS equivalents.

For example, I use Navigon for driving directions. As far as I can tell, there's no way to set it to avoid highways on Windows Phone. Also there's not maps for as many countries. I couldn't get Navigon maps of Singapore on Windows Phone, but could on iOS

netwire
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Dallas, NC

netwire

Premium Member

I'll get a Windows phone when I can run desktop applications on it... World of Warcraft.. while on break at work? Yes please.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
Tulsa, OK

inteller to Bootes

to Bootes
said by Bootes:

I'm typing this on a Titan II running Windows Phone. The app selection is severely lacking. Not only are many missing, but the ones that exist usually just don't work as well as their iOS equivalents.

For example, I use Navigon for driving directions. As far as I can tell, there's no way to set it to avoid highways on Windows Phone. Also there's not maps for as many countries. I couldn't get Navigon maps of Singapore on Windows Phone, but could on iOS

Nokia Drive is a superior app to Navigon, that's why you should get the 920.

You could also try HTC Locations, it may have the maps you need and the ability to avoid highways....but if you are in Singapore you are doomed no matter what nav software you have.

Bootes
Premium Member
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY

Bootes

Premium Member

Actually I was able to put Nokia Drive on it and it isn't superior. It's nice that it's free, but it's pretty basic. For example, It doesn't say street names and has very little options.

HTC Locations is ok. I like how it tells you which lane you should be in. However, it also Just doesn't work as well as Navigon on my iPhone.

LightS
Premium Member
Greenville, TX

LightS to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
What Google Nexus phone are you talking about? I got a Galaxy Nexus last year and it fully supports LTE.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by LightS:

What Google Nexus phone are you talking about? I got a Galaxy Nexus last year and it fully supports LTE.

The Verizon version does, but not the GSM version.
elefante72
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to AnonFTW

to AnonFTW
Obviously you haven't used a Nexus 7. Perfect exchange integration, and I use Sugarsync for cloud storage locally, the cloud, and for streaming. That same sugarsync works on my ipad and iphone.

I agree Android sucks for support and stability, like Windows 98-ish. Until it gets a proper HAL and SDK, its the 90's... Nexus 7 is what open software can be, but the warts of open kernels and the lame Google framework leads to hacked phones. Most of that is caused by the carriers though. Do you think Samsung or Apple wants to make 4 different versions of the same phone? At least Apple took the power and told the carriers to f-off, I own the software and the experience. Every single Android phone is a bastard representation of the carriers idea of "value add", er I mean lockin and upsell.

AnonFTW
@rr.com

AnonFTW

Anon

said by elefante72:

Obviously you haven't used a Nexus 7.

Now why would you assume that?

As I said, I've given Android the benefit of the doubt many, many times. I'm done with them for now.
elefante72
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

"My Android phones have always been the odd man out in my home, as they never integrated with any of my Windows or Apple technology well at all. Now that almost all my personal storage has moved to the cloud, I want a more consistent experience between devices."

I have a Windows/Apple/Android mash in my house. Sugarsync handles all files and integration for streaming, 100%. I use Mediamonkey to handle android/windows/iphone music library. As for video, well that is more difficult because of DRM, so there is vendor lockin there. I don't buy video, so it's no problem. However you could use netflix/amazon if you wish and they are a little better. No easy answer there.

I feel you. I'm turning in my wifes motorola triumph--the pinnacle of a frankenstein phone and VM/Sprints sucky network for a soon to be donned used iphone 4 on prepaid AT&T MVNO. She's a doctor, and all of her doctor-ish apps are on Ios, so I'm at fault for having her carry that boat anchor around. In the end I got tired of playing w/ the phone just to get it to begin to work like it should have. My iphone 4s I have spent a total of 30 minutes since I got it 8 months ago maintaining it. It just works. Yes it FC's at least once a day, but just tap the icon and it's back.

Even if Motorola gives me $100 for this POS, it wouldn't be enough. Even rooted it's a bolted together piece of Huawei crap. Even Motorola didn't have the decency to make their own phone. On that note, I think Google is going to right that ship...

My Nexus 7 tablet though, that is better than my ipad and I love the form factor and Jelly Bean--on the phone side it's carrier hell. Yes ipad mini will be nice, but at 7inch I need widgets to get me the relevant information. Even the 4" iphone is close to usable screen real estate, so dumb-drone icon folders ain't gonna cut it anymore.

I hear great things about W8 (I think metro is some garish cartoon), but if I had a dollar for everytime MSFT dropped a mobile product, I could have bought AAPL and be retired. Sorry MSFT, not getting a $ from me.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven to AnonFTW

to AnonFTW
Um.. Running CM9 here and have had no issues with it.

So, you want an LTE phone that will eat through your data cap even faster?

Swordfish II
Watching A Dream
Premium Member
join:2002-05-12
Cloud 9

Swordfish II to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
Less RAM, not dual core, on the OS side apple is most definately playing catchup. Keep drinking that koolaid though.

•••••••••

ExitWound
Porsche Snob
join:2001-12-13
Boalsburg, PA

ExitWound to aaronwt

to aaronwt
The world is full of stupid. Expect the willfully uninformed to make willfully uninformed decisions.

•••••••

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to aaronwt

MVM

to aaronwt
Two people standing there is technically a line.

aaronwt
Premium Member
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by cdru:

Two people standing there is technically a line.

The last few cell phones I purchased were shipped to me from verizon. I don't think any cell phone is worth standing in line for. At least a line with two people would be fairly quick. But to stand in line with dozens if not hundreds of people?? I think that is kind of crazy.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08 to aaronwt

Premium Member

to aaronwt
it has begun already......

••••••••••••••
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas to aaronwt

Premium Member

to aaronwt
It's not about the Specs, it's about the ecosystem and the "it just works" integrated design where Apple owns the entire experience. Within epsilon, nobody cares about specs as long as its not blindingly deficient.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

Ya. It's not really "my phone" that I paid for. It'll still be "Apple's phone" no matter what and they'll tell me how to use it.

One reason I like specific Android phones. I can customize it to what I want.. and I love the Cyanogenmod ROMs.

AtariBaby
San Francisco, CA

AtariBaby to aaronwt

to aaronwt
The reviews I've been reading on the iPhone 5 coming in are all high with praise. However, this doesn't matter much, because most people already know they want the phone, or else are fervently anti-iPhone and instantly discount any positive review as unfairly biased.

Thaler
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Are you really "fervently anti-iPhone" if you just want top-dollar hardware for a top-dollar cost? For a $200 (or $600 unsubsidized) phone, I'd just personally want the latest bells & whistles and not yesteryear's hardware set.

AtariBaby
San Francisco, CA

AtariBaby to aaronwt

to aaronwt
I think both iPhone and the many iterations of Android are great, yet flawed in their own ways. Apple offers an elegant, premium computing experience. Android offers more of a customizable hot rod experience, and part of that means a lower price point.

Not necessarily fervently anti-Apple if you like the Android experience better, but if you think all the glowing reviews and consumer satisfaction is some sort of delusion, or perhaps if you label it "yesteryear's technology", you might be a little on the fervent side.

I am an IT consultant who thinks Windows 7 is pretty awesome, who has been a Mac user personally for years now, who runs his home projects on Ubuntu, and I am always thinking about jumping ship back Windows/Android. The Galaxy S3 almost got me. Thinking about an iPhone 5. But will probably sit out for the next round. Seems like an unnecessary expense since my jailbroken iPhone 4 still works great and keeps me pretty happy. I am thinking that thinner, lighter iPhone 5 would be nice, though, especially with longer battery life. We'll see.

••••
AtariBaby

AtariBaby to aaronwt

to aaronwt
I'm kind of glad I've kept my powder dry for the moment. I'd be miserable without a good mapping app. »Apple's Really Awful iOS 6 Maps Ruins iPhone 5 Party
Expand your moderator at work

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

Not Upgrading

As I expected, I see nothing in the iPhone 5 to convince me to give up my 4S. Most important is the fact that I am on Sprint and there is no real LTE service with them yet to justify getting it. Plus the lack of a VoLTE standard (and iPhone support) will have me waiting on the sidelines until that happens. It took a while for 3G to support voice and I suspect it will be the same with LTE. Perhaps the 5S or 6 will support voice on LTE.

Finally, the new Lightning connector is a show stopper for me. I have too many dongles and other attachments right now using the 30-pin connector. Within a year or so, there should be much cheaper third-party devices and adapters available. I cannot stomach paying Apple $29 for a $3 adapter.

AtariBaby
San Francisco, CA

AtariBaby

Re: Not Upgrading

I have an iPhone 4 with no S, but I'm considering waiting to see what the next gen Android and/or the "5S" equivalent is like before I get a new phone.

Allhaterz
@sbcglobal.net

Allhaterz

Anon

Haterz

Y'all haterZ ... Because the iPhone is popular worldwide .. Y'all hating that it broke sales records .. The minority here can complain but is the majority tha rules ..

••••

RossB
@sbcglobal.net

RossB

Anon

No surprise here

I don't see why this would be a surprise to anyone. If I liked iPhone and am totally unaware that other comparable smartphones even exist I'd be counting down the days until I could get my hands on the 5.

You have to keep in mind what iPhone buyers look for and if you've been on a 3.5 inch screen for the past 5 years, even though they're like 2-3 years late a 4 inch screen would be awesome. It looks nicer, runs better and is new. That is all that matters. Its not the best phone out now, but its the best iPhone and to all those millions of iPhone lovers out there, its the only phone.

RRedline
Rated R
Premium Member
join:2002-05-15
USA

2 recommendations

RRedline

Premium Member

Haters

Any story about the iPhone instantly attracts the haters.

If these phones were as terrible as some say they are, NOBODY WOULD BUY THEM. The fact is, Apple makes good stuff. Deny it all you want, but they seriously do make great products.

I plan on getting an iPhone 5, and I really don't care what anyone thinks. You like your Samsung Galaxy SIII? Great. I don't doubt that it is a great device. I personally think it is too big for a phone, but I am not going to go on Internet forums and trash everyone who wants one the way so many do on here when it comes to Apple.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

I am getting it on Verizon

I am getting my iPhone on Verizon when I become eligible for an upgrade on November 30th. Verizon has a lot more LTE coverage than AT&T.

Verizon seems to be more aggressive with LTE deployment and network upgrades that AT&T.

I'll probably pick it up at Best Buy so I can pad my RewardZone point balance. I'll probably get the screen protector as well and a Morphie JuicePack (as LTE will drain batteries quickly).

••••

LightS
Premium Member
Greenville, TX

LightS

Premium Member

Won't every iphone be a "best seller"

for one simple reason... they make more every time?
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7

I just can't see waiting in line for a week for a phone... I have the Iphone4.. Its been alright, but in low signal areas it won't even let me type very fast.. Not sure if its the power upping to keep a connection or if every keystroke is being recorded by apple.. But over the year i've been unhappy with apples methods to eliminate competition or to hamper it.. And being they are swapping connector pens anyways, I'm gonna get the android a chance to see how it pans out...

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

Re: ..

said by decifal7:

I have the Iphone4.. Its been alright, but in low signal areas it won't even let me type very fast..

You're holding it wrong. You have to hold it a very specific way or it will not work properly.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to decifal7

Premium Member

to decifal7
said by decifal7:

I just can't see waiting in line for a week for a phone... I have the Iphone4.. Its been alright, but in low signal areas it won't even let me type very fast.. Not sure if its the power upping to keep a connection or if every keystroke is being recorded by apple.. But over the year i've been unhappy with apples methods to eliminate competition or to hamper it.. And being they are swapping connector pens anyways, I'm gonna get the android a chance to see how it pans out...

Why would you wait for a week for a phone when you can just have it at a later date without waiting? if you are trying to be the first one to have one, remember someone in the world has already beat you to that.

Morfein
Lead Peon
Premium Member
join:2004-09-08
Brownsburg, IN

Morfein

Premium Member

apple vs android

Apple makes a beautiful product, nobody can deny that. The OS I think is smooth and responsive, but I can't say the same always about Android, because of the bloatware that at&t and others pile on. I have found that if you use a custom ROM (warranty voider) it is simply amazing.

Functionality they do about the same things. Just in different manners.

Now I have to say one place that iPhone gets beat to hell is iTunes... dear lord that program sucks. It is the reason I left iPhone and went for the galaxy s3... kies air and having the ability to see file structure upon plugging into a PC sold that to me.

Outside of that I honestly can't say either is better or worse.

What I can say is that Apple isn't leading the pack anymore when it comes to technological advances...

It isn't a good sign when your presentation contains 4 or 5 slides of the new "plug" called Lightning... seriously.. you named it?

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH

Premium Member

Re: apple vs android

It seems like whenever it's time to upgrade, whatever is out there at the given time is light years ahead of what I'm replacing.

My first "smart" phone was a BB Storm. After 2 years of that thing I can see why RIM is circling, well, the rim.

My second was a HTC Droid Incredible. It was a serious leap ahead from my BB. It was a good phone, I liked the removable battery & SD card slot to side load media onto. The ringer broke, and by then the iPhone 4s was available on Verizon so I got that.

I'm happy with it. I can remember a handful of times my Incredible crashed while I was talking on the phone, and even thought it was an infrequent occurrence, it usually happened at the worst time. I've never had an OS crash on my iPhone.

There are things I would like to see Apple do with the iPhone. SD card slot, user removable battery. I'm all ready seeing a reduction in my battery life, like I did with the HTC phone after about a year. I have the tech chops to crack it open & replace the battery on my own when the warranty is up so I'll probably do it.

I'm not lining up for anything. I'm the most impatient person in the world, and unless they were giving away gold bars I'm just not into wasting my time like this. Last phone I had shipped to work to dodge the sales tax (hey, why give PA the $12??), and I'll do the same next time.

But, I think I'll be keeping the 4s for a while. I'm still grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan, and I'm hatching that pretty until Verizon puts a red boot up my ass and makes me move, or the device itself is a brick....
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas to Morfein

Premium Member

to Morfein
Thunderbolt and Lightning, very very frightening...

JamesPC
join:2005-10-12
Orange, CA

JamesPC

Great marketing not devices.

Apple could sale ice to an Eskimo.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

!

"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think."

-Adolf Hitler.

dbmaven
There's no shortage
Mod
join:1999-10-26
Sty in Sky

dbmaven

Mod

(topic offline) dfe

Moderator Action
This entire topic was removed, either temporarily, or permanently.

stated reason was: Cleanup

Bambus
@209.226.83.x

Bambus

Anon

Backwards Thinking by people

I compare Iphone in North America to Soccer.

Soccer is the most widely played and most popular sport in the world, yet people in NA hate on it cause in their limited thinking "Footbal-NFL" is better and more exiting. Same with Iphone ( any iphone ). The Iphone is the most popular and most profitable and most sold phone in the world, yet here people are hating on and have their Android/W8 phone(because its all about specs to them) SPECS: Even with half the specs in the iphone - only a handfull of android/W8 phones are according to users and experts " same or slightly better ", so who is playing the catchup game here. Way better specs on other phone yet they are only slightly better, if that. Get you shiet together haterz.
Expand your moderator at work
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL
·Charter

brianiscool

Junk

I wouldn't line up to purchase Apple Junk. The One X with quad core can smoke that phone any day. Apple will not hold their title for long. With HTC and Samsung gobbling up most of the Android market I see Apple falling behind quickly. They are trying to hold competitors off with lawsuits, but it will not last for long.